A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

2011 MT Survey now live - Gary David

Posted: Mar 11, 2011

Dear all,

I'm pleased to announce that the 2011 MT Survey is now live.  If you remember the 2007 MT Survey, this is a continuation of that (with some changes).  In the previous survey, we received 3800 responses, which culminated in the report MTs on the Radar (you can find it at http://ehealthrecords.wordpress.com/publications/).  We are hoping for another successful survey. So if you are interested in completing the survey, you can go to http://www.medicaltranscriptionsurvey.com.  And if you have any questions, you can contact me at gdavid@bentley.edu.  

Thanks and thanks for your support

Gary David, PhD

Associate Professor of Sociology
Bentley University

Thank you again, Gary! - Everyone take this survey!

[ In Reply To ..]
Gary is an advocate for MTs, please help him out by taking a few minutes to complete the survey.

Gary, thank you for helping us out!! We appreciate your work, especially in these dark days of MT!

I took the survey, and also found the last one, - "MTs on the Radar" very interesting - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
reading. It was nice to see some of the real truth about what it's like to be an MT in print, instead of all the fiction. He said he wasn't sure why people weren't renewing AHDI membership after they changed their name from AAMT, and that's an easy one to answer: They took "American" out of their name, and started aggressively pursuing offshore membership and advocating the rampant offshoring of MT work that is taking place today. And as most MTs have found out, their "credential" means less than nothing - it's just good money gone from the MT's pocket.

Thank you - Gary David

[ In Reply To ..]
All the thanks goes to you MTs. Without your participation none of this is possible.

Similar Messages:

Skipping The Year 2011
Dec 07, 2010

Apparently this doctor thinks that the new year coming up is 2012.  He has dictated in two separate reports that these patients have procedures scheduled for January 2012 and they are in for their preoperative evaluation now.  Either that or these patients are getting their preoperative evaluation more than a year in advance.  I wish doctors/dictators could be reprimaned for their mistakes.  ...

Keystrokes 4/25/2011 Ad For 50+ Transcriptionists
May 05, 2011

Anyone heard back from this ad?  I received a letter stating they were reviewing my resume.    ...

Recently Given A 2011 PDR, Keep/sell??
Feb 28, 2012

The doc I work for gave me his 2011 Physicians Desk Reference.  Is that something that would be good refereance material for an MT??? ...

The Tax Loopholes HAVE BEEN CLOSED Effective 2011!!
Aug 26, 2010

The bill has finally passed.  It is not illegal for companies to offshore, it is just not so profitable for them to do so.   ...

Help! Transcend 2011 Payroll Schedule
Dec 30, 2010

I have misplaced my 2011 payroll schedule.  Can somebody tell me if our December pay period ended on 12/28/2010?  For some reason, that sticks in my mind.  Thanks :) ...

Any Predictions About MTSO Mergers For 2011?
Dec 31, 2010

nm ...

NY Suggestion So All MTs Here Achieve Satisfaction In 2011
Jan 02, 2011

It's very simple and I am very serious: 1.  If you are unhappy with how the MT career is changing, unhappy with the new pay (it won't go back up, folks, only down further), unhappy with changes in technolog, etc.:   Do something THIS YEAR to get out of MT work completely.  Don't feel you can venture too far from it?  Do something like coding/billing.  Want to stay in the medical world?  How about LPN or RN?  Dental Hygienist?  HR speci ...

Check Out 2011 Executive Salaries
Aug 13, 2014

Poor Mr. Davenport only earned a little over 3 million.  So sad.  I guess my giving up eating was worth it.   http://www1.salary.com/MMODAL-INC-Executive-Salaries.html ...

Saunders Pharm Word Book 2011 And CD
Nov 11, 2010

I have just used the Saunders Pharm Books for years and not the CD.  I'd love some feedback if you have used the CD and how you like it or even what is your preference regarding drug books.  Thanks! ...

QASAR Back. Also New ADHI Best Practices In 2011
Dec 16, 2010

Here's the link for ADHI Quality Assessment and Best Practices http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/QABestPracticesJuly2010.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/AHDI-best-practices In this document, they do point out there are valid reasons for blanks. So... if MQ is going to adopt this, we should no longer be punished for valid blanks. They also include standards for dictators and recognize that lack of dictator compliance with these standards is a cause for blanks. Plus, IMO, ...

Would You Still Recommend At-home Medical Transcription, In 2011
Nov 05, 2011

I was trained as a Medical Transcriptionist at a two-year college from 1990 to 1992.  I worked at a hospital for a couple of years doing radiology, non-invasive cardiology, and neurology transcription, then I got married and moved.  Soon thereafter, I started work at a mental health clinic as a Medical Transcriptionist with 12 other transcriptionists.  This was in late 1993 and I am still there as of right now.  The 12 transcriptionists have either left or been laid off over ...

Health Care Employment Up 315,000 Jobs 2011
Jan 06, 2012

New job figures out today: Health care continued to add jobs in December (+23,000); employment in hospitals increased by 10,000. Over the year, health care employment has risen by 315,000. Any increase in health care employment is good for MTs. ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

Go Live Definition
Oct 30, 2012

I'm new to this - what does "go live" actually mean?  Is it when it goes from strictly straight typing to VR?  Or is it when an MTSO gets a brand new acct?  Thanks! ...

If You Live In Texas And Own An RV
Apr 06, 2013

If you live in Texas (or maybe Louisiana) and own your own RV, consider being a gate guard at a natural gas field. The pay is about $15 an hour and that's 24 hours a day. And while you're sitting in that RV, guess what you can be doing. ...

Live Notes, Anybody?
Jun 08, 2013

I have a chance to get in with an MT company that also offers their ICs a chance at live note taking.  It doesn't pay too good, though, less than what the standard reports pay per audio minute.  I have never done this.  Can someone explain to me how it works?  I have heard that "live notes are typed in one pass."  What does this mean? ...

Windows Live
Oct 01, 2013

Is anyone else having problems this morning?  It won't let me delete email and I'm not sure it sent my email.  I get the following message:  "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity."  There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the bottom right corner and it says "error." ...

New Hire And OOW - On First Live Day? Sm
Apr 24, 2014

Seriously?  Is this typical?  Love how recruitment hyped this place up.  New PT hire, assigned one primary acct, finished the umpteen hours of training, released to TSM and on my first "live" day of work my account is OOW?  Then receive a zip file of emails from TSM sent to the ENTIRE team which include prior employee resignation letters, employees being reprimanded, and the kicker - TSM acknowledges that the work volume on the account that I was assigned to wasn't ...

Go Live Checklist?
Jun 27, 2014

I have a new transcription service that I recently acquired (nothing large but big enough to pay the bills :)  I am a little lost on what I should be doing as far as a checklist for go live?  So far, I have requested samples of physicians, inquired on their volume, and discussed delivery. What else am I missing? ...

If You Live In Texas
Jan 11, 2015

Baylor Grapevine is looking for a coder, either CCS or CPC, with only ONE MONTH of experience. ...

Turned Down For MT Because I Live In CA
Apr 22, 2015

I have been turned down by 3 different MT companies stating it is because of California's laws creating problems. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Since most MT companies are not in CA, I find this extremely disturbing. Since I cannot seem to meet the minimum lph (working at Nuance), I have been looking for independent contractor work. ...

Live System Over The Internet
Mar 24, 2010

What is meant by "live system over the Internet" in some job ads.  TIA! ...

Go Live A Dead Issue?
May 25, 2010

It seems the schedule reservation "go live" in my area has now been cancelled until further notice.  I'm in the north region and wonder if any other areas have been using it successfully.  With all these so called improvements coming our way, I'm having a hard time remember what's what.  Does this mean the swapboard isn't going to work anymore or just the schedule/DQS factor with the work allowance of 15 minutes prior/after scheduled shift?  I'm ...

MTs Who Live Up North - Question
Aug 22, 2010

Do MTs who work up north make more than MTs who live down south?  I wonder because I was born in CT, but I live in NC now.  I know the cost of living up there is triple what it is here in NC.  So, how are they living on .08 a line in CT?  ...

Curious...can You Be A Transcriptionist And Not Live In The US? Sm
Jan 20, 2012

Does anyone know if I were to move out of the US, say to Costa Rica, would I still be able to transcribe for a company that is US based? I am assuming it depends on the company. But, I was thinking with the time zone being different, it  might be a plus. Honestly, I'm just curious because I'm reading a book about a couple who quit their jobs and moved to Costa Rica and now I can't stop thinking about it. So, I'm curious if there is anyone out there who is doing somethin ...

Windows Live Problems, Anyone Else?
Mar 19, 2013

Set it up on new computer Sunday, worked fine. It comes up, of course takes the usual forever amount of time to do so, but when I tried to send a message it says not able to and is sititng in my outbox. Anyone else having issues with their mail today? ...

Anyone Live In The Phoenix Area?
Apr 29, 2014

Mayo Clinic has an MT position their website - have to live in the Phoenix area - wage listed $23. Me, I live in the frozen tundra of Minnesota so won't work for me. Check it out! ...

Anybody Else Out There Using Credit Cards To Live On???
May 17, 2014

Had an excellent job until hospital outsourced 5 years ago, downhill from there.  Paycheck for the last 2 weeks was $88.  I bet over in India they made more than me even with 35 years exp.   I have tried so hard to get credit cards paid down or off, but then we have to use them for buying gas to heat house, buy groceries, buy gas, etc.  I would have nver thought I would be in such a mess like so many of us at my age.   Major back disability and surgery, have not been to ...

I Made A Total Of $19,000 For 2011. Would Anyone Mind Sharing What They Made For The Year. I Am Ju
Jan 27, 2012

hopeful ...

NEMT - Anyone Else Refused Because Of The State They Live In?
Jan 26, 2010

I live in MI, and I'm looking to supplement my current IC accounts, so applied with them.  Their response is they don't hire anyone living in MI!!  This is the first time I have ever had a company say anything like this.  Just curious. ...