A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Precyse hiring practices - MT searching

Posted: Feb 07, 2013

Hi everyone:)  This is in reference to the message left about applying for work at Precyse.  One MT stated that their hiring practices left a lot to be desired and she took the test and felt she wasted her time.  I am now among the ranks of those that tried and didn't make it.  I took the test, and looked over everything carefully and felt I had done a good job.  I took the job in the late evening and not even 1 hour later I got a message that I was not a "good fit for the company."  It was the same message I guess a lot of us got and it made me wonder about a few things; namely, were they timing this test, even though there was no time limit, and had they already pre-determined who they were going to reject or hire, or if they based this on what pay rate you expected, and the age of the applicant?  I was totally deflated and felt like I had totally wasted my time.  I have applied to several places and oftentimes they are on a web site that also advertises schools for medical transcription.  Once I start to go through the application process and turn down schooling, I feel they turn me down. 

Total waste of time - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I took the test and have heard NOTHING. Not even a rejection - NOTHING. I've emailed the recruiter who sent me the test and she has ignored all of my requests for an answer. I guess this is a clear indication of how they treat people. I guess we mean NOTHING. Beware that applying to this company is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. Very unprofessional group of people.

You hit the nail on the head. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't care about MTs and the way you're treated by the recruiters is definitely your first indication. They lie (not just recruiters), tell you anything to get you in the door, then when reality sets in, you're ignored, made to change schedules, emails not answered, QA'd to death, made to do 6+ accounts, except for a few who they seem to play favorites with. Beware of this place. They're not the great company they used to be. They're big on tech and clients and not on MTs.

Same for me - Tired of testing

[ In Reply To ..]
I got the exact same message and wondered the same thing - if they timed it. I know I did well on the test - I've been doing this 20 years. I don't understand why companies make you test before they even see if you "are a good fit." Pick a few you are interested in and then test for heaven's sake! It is a waste of time but when you really need a job you have to jump through those hoops. One company made me load two programs to my computer to do their testing and I never heard back, though I know I did well on the dictations. So tired of it.

Is this done through MT Test by any chance? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember some posts about a "glitch" in this test and how to get around it. I think I saved this info if this is the case.

Similar Messages:

Deceptive Hiring Practices?
May 26, 2013

FYI, when negotiating with potential employer, DO pin them down in detail about how they pay for *editing*. My recent experience: Offered job paying 8 cents straight typing (which there is not much of), and 4 cents for editing. I was aware up front that the edited line was considered 1-1/2 *regular lines*, or 97.5 characters (Visible Black, of course) constituted an edited line. Most recent information regarding this pay, their software was not able to calculate the 97.5 rate for editing, so t ...

RE: DISABILITY AND HIRING/FIRING PRACTICES
Mar 20, 2014

Hi, I was just pondering something: This does not apply to me personally, but I was curious as to whether any company, say MModal, Nuance, etc. have ever laid off any disabled employees, like visually impaired, paraplegic, etc. due to quality of work or whatever. I was curious if they have employees who work for them who are disabled in this way and if they have ever terminated any of them, what kind of legal trouble could they make?   ...

Voice Recognition Vs Transcribing, Unjust Hiring Practices
Mar 21, 2011

Over the past four months I have been hired by companies ***** after passing all the necessary tests and background checks as a medical  transcriptionist.  Each and every time I was offered $ 0.9/line, told I would have very little voice recognition if any which, would pay anywhere from $0.3 to 0.5/line. Once I get onboard and through training, I find out 90% is voice recognition!!  I am applying for medical transcriptionist jobs - not Editor, QA, or Speech. I have been in t ...

Precyse Solutions - Thinking About Hiring On
Feb 28, 2012

Does anybody know anything about Precyse Solutions.  Thinking about hiring on. ...

Company Provided Computer Other Than MM And Nuance? Precyse Not Hiring Now.
Jul 18, 2014

Nuance not paying me enough to afford my own computer.   ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

Best Practices Protocol
Dec 04, 2009

Patient has COPD exacerbation and acute bronchitis.  Doc dictates, "The patient was started on the best practices protocol."  Any information?  Is this an internal set of procedures or possibly a standard of care for the specialty? ...

QA And Feedback Practices
Oct 03, 2011

I was wondering what others think about this.  When QA sends feedback at my company, the feedback is also sent to all regional manager and all the team leaders in that region. I think this creates unnecessary embarassment and humiliation for the MT getting the feedback and I feel this practice is unfair, especially when they are not critical errors. Feedback is supposed to be helpful and encourage the MT to improve and step up their game but when it is done th ...

Shady Practices
Apr 02, 2013

I recently got 'promoted' to MME, having taken the test with the understanding that I would receive a 5% pay raise to my transcription and VR base rates (according to MM intranet MME FAQs document).  But the recent e-mail we received, asking tier-3 MTs to become MMEs, says we are "eligible to be considered for" a pay raise.  What?  Does that mean my raise is going to be raffled off or something?  Feels like bait and switch, and just another example of sketchy practi ...

Did Anyone Else Get Get An F11 Best Practices Email?
Apr 10, 2013

I F11`d a report a few weeks ago and now I got a generic F11 best practices email. It states the only acceptable use of F11 is an exception listed in a CP. I have never seen that in a CP! I have also found, besides being very inefficiently written, many CPs are out of date, i.e., states you must do certain things that have since changed. It is SO frustrating! The document was such a hot mess that I had to retype it as 90% of the ASR was garbage. ...

Precyse Still Has Precyse University For Training
Jun 16, 2015

Can anyone tell  me if Precyse still has Precyse University for training.  I went to work for them a few years ago and quit because I was only doing 1-2 hours a day for a couple weeks going through the University and waiting for things to be approved in order to move on and was not making any money, got fed up and quit.  I would like to reapply but do not want to if they still do Precyse University training. ...

New Medquist Article About Best Practices
Aug 06, 2010

AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- 2010 AHDI Conference -- MedQuist Inc. (Nasdaq: MEDQ), a leading provider of technology-enabled clinical documentation services, continues to support industry best practices for quality standards and metrics.  Together with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI), the Medical Transcription Industry Association (MTIA) and other industry quality leaders, ...

Who Do I Contact About Unfair Labor Practices?
Aug 12, 2011

I had a very bad experience recenly with a company which will remain unnamed.    I had been  intentionally decieved about some policies.    If I recall correctly I had read something about the labor board.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to contact them.   This was an INTENTIONAL , DELIBERATE misrepresentation.   Since I am no longer with said company I really have nothing to lose.   I have also read repeated co ...

The Unconstitutional Employment Practices Of MedQuist And CBay
Mar 17, 2010

I'm NOT an attorney; therefore, cannot give any legal advice.  If you want to pursue the issues addressed below, please consult an attorney.   In the case of Department of State v. Washington Post Co., 456 US 595 (1982), the Department of State refused to disclose private information of individuals to an "American" corporation, "Washington Post", citing the policy of not disclosing "personnel and medical files and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly ...

QASAR Back. Also New ADHI Best Practices In 2011
Dec 16, 2010

Here's the link for ADHI Quality Assessment and Best Practices http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/QABestPracticesJuly2010.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/AHDI-best-practices In this document, they do point out there are valid reasons for blanks. So... if MQ is going to adopt this, we should no longer be punished for valid blanks. They also include standards for dictators and recognize that lack of dictator compliance with these standards is a cause for blanks. Plus, IMO, ...

Interesting Article About Fraudulent Scribing Practices
Mar 09, 2014

Hmmmmmm...I think I'll pass on trying to become a scribe. I don't think I could do what this scribe is asked to do. ...

Precyse - Someone You Know Worked For Precyse?
Feb 07, 2015

Have any of you or someone you know worked for Precyse?  Any information appreciated, good or bad.  If you or someone you know has worked for them, how do they compare to MModal?  Is it possible to make enough money with them to live?  Am quickly fading here, I need to find other employment.  Am at the end of my rope in every possible way. ...

Do You Like Being MT For Precyse?
Oct 23, 2009

Do you like being MT for Precyse? 20 years experience as MT. Ready for positive changes.. Thanks ...

Precyse--sm
Jan 17, 2011

I tried to apply for an MT job with Precyse last night, but was given a message that they aren't "hiring in my area."  Has anybody else run into this?  I figure any area in the US is good since most of us work from home, am I wrong?  I do live in Alaska, but last time I checked we were still part of the country. Just curious.  Thanks.  ...

Precyse NJA
May 03, 2011

Curious... anyone working for Precyse that has lost their account to international and now getting NJA several times a week?  ...

Welcome To Precyse
May 16, 2011

For MT Week last week we got Sonic Rocks which are testicle-shaped shiny black magnets.  HR just sent around a warning that they're very strong magnets and to not keep them anywhere near the computer or anything that stores info magnetically because people are accidentally erasing their hard drives with these stupid things.  Wonder how many new computers that's gonna cost... ...

Does Anyone Know What's Going On At Precyse?
Oct 13, 2011

I work at Precyse and it seems things have been strange lately and I was wondering if any of my fellow slaves know what's happening there.  For example, all of a sudden lots of work for many weeks now (previously was having NJA all the time), so much work that we're way out of TAT with a lot of accounts, yet I see no place where Precyse is advertising jobs for MTs, including their own web site. Also, the sudden firing of a number of QA people and a few lower to middle management p ...

Anything About Precyse?
Jan 21, 2013

Anyone know anything about Precyse? ...

Precyse Cpl, Etc.
Jun 29, 2013

Does anyone know the cpl rate for Precyse?  Do you work on all straight transcription or both straight and VR?  What platform do they use?  I was thinking of taking the test but don't want to waste my time if  the rate is too low.  Is the test difficult?  Would appreciate any info you may have regarding this company.  Thank you. ...

Yes Precyse
Apr 07, 2014

Too many warning signs for me.   ...

Precyse Anyone
Oct 31, 2014

Hi everyone I would like to know if anyone works for or has worked for Precyse and if so, if they are a good company to work for.  I have tried to look through old posts and I cant find any.  thanks for any input you may be able to give me. ...

Anything New On Precyse? Sm
Dec 30, 2014

What is their line rate and platform? Do they pay for spaces? How is insurance? Is there plenty of work? How are the accounts? ...

Precyse Solutions...how Are They
Jan 19, 2010

Just curious as to how they are to work for, their pay, their reputation, etc.  Any info appreciated. ...

ANYONE WORK FOR PRECYSE
May 07, 2010

Has anyone every worked for Precyse Solutions.  If so, can you guys give me some background.  It is a good company, work load good, etc. ...

TTS Versus Precyse
Dec 14, 2010

Can anyone provide the positives/negatives for these companies?  TIA. ...