A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ADHI Vot for Mandatory Credentials - Really!

Posted: Aug 15, 2010

Did they vote to give themselves all a raise too?  They can have thier little votes amongst themselves until the cows come home.  It's never going to happen!  Not as long as so much work is allowed to be outsourced over seas. 

It would be different if they were actually advocates for MTs and the industry as a whole, instead of promoting their own agenda.  Then, maybe they would actually be respected by the MTs themselves. 

We need healthcare, better pay standards, somene to lobby to make sure the work stays in the United States. 

They've been trying to get this in place for a few years now - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
It's another way to drain the U.S. MTs pitiful dollars. After all, it's cheaper for the outsourced MTs to get their CMT and to belong to AHDI.

I used to belong to that group long before it was AHDI. I just couldn't afford to keep up once they took the overseas MTs under their wing.

Hopefully, I'll be out of MT before we are forced to belong to that group and/or become a CMT. Don't get me wrong. CMT would be a good thing IF, and only IF, our wages would rise to equal all the hoops you have to jump through to maintain the CMT. IMHO, as long as the wages stay so low, it's just not worth it.

AHDI Vote for Mandatory Credentials - Usedtobe

[ In Reply To ..]
This is so much bull crap. When I joined in the early 80s they were very much in favor of MTs and now they have just grown too big for their shoes. I was a CMT but I let it go when it did not improve my salary. Why pay $300 bucks for something and it takes years to make up the difference. They can take a hike.

We all know where AHDI can stick their *credential*. - All MTs should REFUSE this scam. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I will never give that coven of hags one single penny! - It would be like thanking a man for beating you.

[ In Reply To ..]

well of course, AAMT had to survive somehow- reinvented - as cash-sucking-pseudo-organization.

[ In Reply To ..]
What a great idea, to be the sole supplier of an object that every MT will have to buy (CMT certification). That is the dream of any company-- to be the only source of a necessary item and to set its own price. That's why there are laws against it, called anti-monopoly laws.

Similar Messages:

Looks Like Mandatory CMT Credentials Soon.
Aug 02, 2010

Just like the post below stated, House of Delgates known as (HOD) from AHDI is wanting everyone to ensure patient safety and the integrity of patient records, all persons involved in creating, editing, organizing, or transmitting protected health information should be formally trained and hold credentials relevant to those duties.  To that end, AHDI should move forward with the support of its leadership in actively advocating for mandatory credentialing by whatever means that can be accompl ...

Did ADHI
Nov 24, 2013

their initials are decide that we now put HENT instead of HEENT? ASR has started putting HENT in the last week (at least on my accounts). Are they trying to squeeze that extra E out of us to save money for the shareholders? ...

ADHI CERTIFIED/EXPERIENCE
Jan 16, 2011

I saw a job posted on line for and MT with two years experience in radiology but ADHI certified is a must.  I have 28 years experience but I am not certified. After 28 years I am still learn new terminology every day.  What makes a company just because someone is certified that they are going to be a great MT?  I see no reason to be certified right now because medical transcription is really dying off.  ...

Everyone Should Read The ADHI Article On The
Mar 04, 2011

Advance for HIM website regarding credntialing for all MTs.  ...

ADHI Finally Got Something Right! NEMT
Aug 10, 2012

ADHI named NEMT as the employer of the year, which for once I actually agree with them on!  Aftering being with this company for over 2 years I have to say they are awesome to work for. For example, The owner sends emails to all the ICs letting them know what is going on with the company as a whole, rather than keeping everyeone in the dark and having everything be all hush hush and on a need to know basis.   We get paid weekly and get $50 each quarter for passing our audits.   ...

What Is The ATA? The Sound Like ADHI In Sheep's Clothing
Dec 28, 2010

I just saw a posting by the ATA.  They sound like ADHI (wolf) in sheep's clothing.  Their "dues" are also astronomical.   If these companies were legitimate they would charge "dues" more in focus with what a medical transcriptionist earns.  I for one cannot afford $100.00 a year for dues to any club, job or otherwise. If anybody not from ATA has more information on this groop please inform me. ...

ADHI's Acute Care Module
Jan 29, 2012

I saw that ADHI offers an acute care module for those of us looking to get into acute care transcription. I have been doing OBGYN. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it worth it? ...

Cranial Nerves - Arabic Or Roman #s - ADHI?
May 20, 2010

I need documentation about cranial nerves.  Got QA edited from using roman numerals, i.e. cranial nerves II through XII versus cranial nerves 2 through 12.  According to my notes, either is okay, but QA said preferred way is 2 through 12, and I got "edited" for it.  Ugh. Anybody?  Thanks.  ...

QASAR Back. Also New ADHI Best Practices In 2011
Dec 16, 2010

Here's the link for ADHI Quality Assessment and Best Practices http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/QABestPracticesJuly2010.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/AHDI-best-practices In this document, they do point out there are valid reasons for blanks. So... if MQ is going to adopt this, we should no longer be punished for valid blanks. They also include standards for dictators and recognize that lack of dictator compliance with these standards is a cause for blanks. Plus, IMO, ...

How Many Of You Have Both CCS And CPC Credentials?
Apr 22, 2011

Just wondering how many of you have both CCS and CPC credentials. How many years did you work before you took those tests? Did the credentials help you get a job or did you get the job first? ...

Credentials
Oct 20, 2011

Why in the world would any MT seek to further their credentials, i.e., CMT, etc., when it doesn't make one whit of difference in how you are paid?  So many posts here regarding highly qualified, CMT's, etc., that can't find a job for 8cpl?  This Michael Jackson trial may end up in being good for us, in that "medical records" are very necessary and need to be accurate.  Maybe this is the break that we need?  How about an "Occupy Doctors" platform--you pay us wha ...

CMT Credentials
Apr 10, 2012

Why the hoopla about providing classes for CMT CE credits when Nuance does not recognize the CMT status???? I am a CMT, and it doesn't seem to matter one hill of beans these days whether you are or not (pay wise, I mean.) ...

Maintaining Credentials
May 12, 2010

I'm pretty sure AHIMA requires a certain number of continuing education hours to maintain a credential and assume AAPC does also but I'm wondering if you have multiple coding credentials, do you have to do separate CE hours for each one or can use the same hours for more than one credential.  Does anyone know? ...

Credentials Out Of School
Dec 22, 2011

Does anyone know which school will better prepare one to get CCS or CPC credentials straight out of school between Andrews and Career Step? I know from looking at jobs, that if you don't have one of these after your name you will have almost zilch luck in finding a job. Any information would be appreciated! ...

Heads Up. Everybody's Credentials Need To Be Verified. Saw On
Dec 29, 2009

the news that a new company has sprung up fabricating resumes to give those folks with no experience some experience and education.  All those claiming to be CMTs need to be checked.  Word has it, this too is going on along with some name changing to confuse the issue. ...

Echo Tech Credentials
Jun 14, 2010

gives the name of the echocardiogram tech and then s/l BSRCS or possibly VSRCS Sounds like it would be his credentials. ...

What Other Jobs Can Those With RHIT Credentials Do
Apr 26, 2012

Just curious what else RHIT's can do besides coding? ...

Coding Credentials/Certification
Apr 30, 2015

Good evening coders :)  I have been reviewing many posts and notice a trend of sorts.  Many posters feel that the AHIMA recognized RHIT credential is not sufficient to gain employment as a coder or that attending a 2 year AAS HIM program is not enough education to the ability to be a sucessful coder.  I was curious about geographic location playing a role in these assumptions?   As an employee in an HIM department, my director possesses the RHIT credential as well as majorit ...

Newbies And Students - About AHDI Credentials ...
Jan 06, 2010

A certificate of completion (of your course or education program) does not make you a CMT. The AHDI (Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity) offers 2 different credentials:  RMT (for those with less experience) and CMT.   Both credentials require passing a challenge exam and continuing education credits to maintain (every 3 years).  If you think that it doesn't matter whether you obtain an RMT or CMT credential through the AHDI, just think of it this way:&n ...

Coding Credentials Made Easy!
Jan 12, 2012

People who are new to coding get confused about credentials. There is some great information in the pages below if you read what has been written on here for months, and I definitely recommend doing that. You will learn more than you can imagine.  I thought I would try to put it in a short,  easy-to-understand format, specifically designed for MTs who are transitoning to coding. CCS and CPC - Impressive! Marketable skills. This is comparable to a medical transcriptionist who can type ...

Salary Increase Expectations After Getting CPC, CCS Credentials
Feb 03, 2013

I just landed an entry-level position as a hospital outpatient coder!  Yay!  It is a foot in the door towards my new career.  After I sit for and get my credentials (I have 0 experience in this field), I plan on giving my passing credentials to my HIM director and to HR.  Is it appropriate to ask HR when I do my hiring paperwork/orientation what salary increases are given for credentials and per credential?  I am not really sure that is the right time or place to discuss ...

Is EMR Mandatory?
Apr 16, 2012

Perhaps I should know the answer but I do not.  What is the deal with the move to EMR?  Is it government mandated?  I just picked up a good side job transcribing for a cardiology group in my community and it's projected to last only until they go to EMR..the move isn't happening too quickly...are there penalties if they don't move to EMR?  Who is driving this? ...

Mandatory
Oct 10, 2012

Anybody enjoying the mandatory overtime.  Yea funny how we are on mandatory overtime and then get an email that states that if you run out of work, you are required to email them and flex your time and can only make it up after 5 p.m.  So again, you are required to check for your work throughout the day and if there is no work, sorry for your luck and if you want to be "lucky" enough to be employed w/ Nuance, you will then have to sign in and work on your off shift to make up your hour ...

Mandatory PTO?
Dec 09, 2012

Email received said basically,,,time sheet must be approved, make sure you have the required amount of time or PTO will be added to make up missing and you will need to re-approve it..I dont want to take PTO, I didnt run out of work, THEY DID..I put in my remedy ticket release without pay..How do they get away with that? ...

Mandatory OT?
Dec 20, 2014

Anyone else at SS wondering since when is OT mandatory?  Threats of pulling PTO and flex time already scheduled if normal days off during the holidays aren't spent working OT?  ...

MM, If You Want Mandatory OT, Then
Mar 16, 2015

only way I'd even consider OT.  period. ...

Still Mandatory OT
Mar 18, 2015

One hour required again today.  Too many people off on leave I guess. ...

Mandatory OT Over For My POD!
Mar 22, 2015

Finally some sense. ...

Mandatory Meetings - DSG
Apr 22, 2010

How can a company order you to attend mandatory conference calls and mandatory HIPAA training and mandatory platform training sessions and not pay you for your time?  Every time they send an e-mail for something such as this, they refuse to pay, even for an hour of time.  They tell you these meetings and conference calls are a bonus for you, and that they are saving you money by you not having to pay for them someday (do I look like I just fell off of the turnip truck?).  They mus ...

Mandatory Training Without Pay - Really?
Jun 03, 2010

Just informed that I have to take MANDATORY HIPAA training without pay because I can take it "anytime on my OWN time!"  LOL!!!  The course is 45 minutes long!  It is not enough that we have to learn account specifics "on our own time", read the constant silly e-mails "on our own time", but now we have to do mandatory training "on our own time."  Oh, yeah - and we have to pass the class with a test at the end too!  I feel like I am in a volunteer job!   Hmmmm, I ...