A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ADHI CERTIFIED/EXPERIENCE - mb

Posted: Jan 16, 2011

I saw a job posted on line for and MT with two years experience in radiology but ADHI certified is a must.  I have 28 years experience but I am not certified. After 28 years I am still learn new terminology every day.  What makes a company just because someone is certified that they are going to be a great MT?  I see no reason to be certified right now because medical transcription is really dying off. 

The people, suits, behind this post have no idea what MT is. - They have been told by some yahoo that sm

[ In Reply To ..]
certification means a good MT. These are the same suits who buy the platforms that dont work because some salesperson said it is the best out there and will save them lots of money.

They're also the same yahoos who fell for the myth - that voice-rec. is worth having. FOOLS! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
-

Yes. Suits buy from salesmen. None of them have a clue what - an MT needs, just hear "save money." nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that - genius has its limits." A. Einstein NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Any employer that would actually REQUIRE a CMT - is probably in the dark about a lot of - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
other things, as well. Like the fact that 6 cpl doesn't pay the rent. Or that those of us who transcribe for them are actually living, breathing human beings.

I would take it as a red flag, and AVOID any employer that states a CMT is mandatory.

If they want a MANDATORY CMT, then that employee should demand MANDATORY fair compensation for their services. In the year 2011, if an employee's cpl isn't equalling at LEAST $20/hour, then it's not fair compensation.

Similar Messages:

Capitalization - Is It.. Board Certified Or Board Certified ?
Mar 08, 2011

is it.. Board Certified or board certified ? ...

Did ADHI
Nov 24, 2013

their initials are decide that we now put HENT instead of HEENT? ASR has started putting HENT in the last week (at least on my accounts). Are they trying to squeeze that extra E out of us to save money for the shareholders? ...

ADHI Vot For Mandatory Credentials
Aug 15, 2010

Did they vote to give themselves all a raise too?  They can have thier little votes amongst themselves until the cows come home.  It's never going to happen!  Not as long as so much work is allowed to be outsourced over seas.  It would be different if they were actually advocates for MTs and the industry as a whole, instead of promoting their own agenda.  Then, maybe they would actually be respected by the MTs themselves.  We need hea ...

Everyone Should Read The ADHI Article On The
Mar 04, 2011

Advance for HIM website regarding credntialing for all MTs.  ...

ADHI Finally Got Something Right! NEMT
Aug 10, 2012

ADHI named NEMT as the employer of the year, which for once I actually agree with them on!  Aftering being with this company for over 2 years I have to say they are awesome to work for. For example, The owner sends emails to all the ICs letting them know what is going on with the company as a whole, rather than keeping everyeone in the dark and having everything be all hush hush and on a need to know basis.   We get paid weekly and get $50 each quarter for passing our audits.   ...

What Is The ATA? The Sound Like ADHI In Sheep's Clothing
Dec 28, 2010

I just saw a posting by the ATA.  They sound like ADHI (wolf) in sheep's clothing.  Their "dues" are also astronomical.   If these companies were legitimate they would charge "dues" more in focus with what a medical transcriptionist earns.  I for one cannot afford $100.00 a year for dues to any club, job or otherwise. If anybody not from ATA has more information on this groop please inform me. ...

ADHI's Acute Care Module
Jan 29, 2012

I saw that ADHI offers an acute care module for those of us looking to get into acute care transcription. I have been doing OBGYN. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it worth it? ...

Cranial Nerves - Arabic Or Roman #s - ADHI?
May 20, 2010

I need documentation about cranial nerves.  Got QA edited from using roman numerals, i.e. cranial nerves II through XII versus cranial nerves 2 through 12.  According to my notes, either is okay, but QA said preferred way is 2 through 12, and I got "edited" for it.  Ugh. Anybody?  Thanks.  ...

QASAR Back. Also New ADHI Best Practices In 2011
Dec 16, 2010

Here's the link for ADHI Quality Assessment and Best Practices http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/QABestPracticesJuly2010.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/AHDI-best-practices In this document, they do point out there are valid reasons for blanks. So... if MQ is going to adopt this, we should no longer be punished for valid blanks. They also include standards for dictators and recognize that lack of dictator compliance with these standards is a cause for blanks. Plus, IMO, ...

Getting Certified
Apr 01, 2013

I'm currently studying my rear off to become certified, CMT license.  Have almost 15 years of experience under my belt doing this but don't want to waste my time if there won't even be a market for us anymore.  Should I keep going?  Is it worth it?  Can't decide. ...

Getting Certified Without Going To School
Sep 29, 2010

Would it be possible to get certified if you have not attended school?  I have a friend who has worked as a coder for almost 20 years and has never pursued her certification.  Can she just take the test and become certified and still reap the same benefits as someone who completed a course and then became certified?  I am trying to convince her to do it and have even offered to help her study but I wanted to make sure she doesn't have to attend school to do so. ...

If You Are A Certified Coder...
Nov 05, 2011

what other jobs would you be qualified for if by chance coding does disappear. There are quite a few posters saying it will. Thanks ...

Is It Worth Getting Certified?
May 22, 2012

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on becoming a CMT. I have been doing transcription for almost 15 years and I am wondering if I can really make more money if I get my CMT. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. ...

Certified Letter
Apr 30, 2013

Doc is dictating a letter and wants "Certified" in the letter. Can anyone tell me where to place this in the letter? Thanks! ...

Grads:Certified Ratio
Nov 16, 2010

I am still deciding which coding school will be the best for me.  I was wondering what the grad:certification ratios are for these coding schools.  Does anyone know if this information is available to the general public? ...

Certified MT Test/just Wondering
Mar 18, 2011

Just wondering if most/all MT's take the state certification test. I was told that it wasn't neccessary to take the test to get a job, but that it helps. ...

Certified Tumor Registrar
Jun 09, 2011

I have a question, if someone would be so kind. What is the protocol of becoming a Certified Tumor Registrar? Does this happen after one has been coding for awhile? Are there certain credentials? I have researched online and am still confused. Thank you! ...

Certified Letter From Nuance
Sep 21, 2012

I left Nuance a couple of weeks ago and got what i believe is my last check this past pay period and a check for PTO.  I just got a notice of a certified letter from them, any ideas what it could be?   Thanks ...

Medquist Has Been Certified Under The TAA, Or Trade Act, Program
Oct 22, 2009

Medquist has been certified under the TAA, or Trade Act, Program.  This means that former Medquist employees who lost their jobs can get funds to go to school as well as help paying for their COBRA premiums.  They need to go to their local Workforce center to apply.  Here's the site:  http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/ ...

Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar (CTR)?
May 21, 2014

I just got a flier in the mail from AHIMA about becoming a CTR or Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar.  I have never heard of this and so my curioisty is piqued.  My question is could this be another career or is it another way AHIMA is trying to get money out of us?  I am not sure if the hospitals or clinics in my area would need a CTR but I will also be doing my research!  Thanks! ...

Going Back To School And Getting Certified As A Medical Assistant
Mar 24, 2014

I have been in the field of Education for 23 yrs and have been an Administrator for the past 13. Due to the economy,  schools would rather hire those with no experience and pay them less than seasoned veterans like myself. I have 2 in college and a 10yr old I adopted at birth so I am far from retirement. I am considering going back to school and getting certified as a Medical Assistant (which would include Phlebotomy and X-ray tech) and Medical Billing/Coding or Transcription. I am currently un ...

Certified Cancer Tumor Registrar Online
May 23, 2014

I received some information in the mail on how to become a certified cancer tumor registrar by training online.  That's a possible alternative to this work for some.  The website is ahima.org/crm. ...

Online College/university That Offers Certified Medical Coding/billing?
Aug 03, 2010

What are some of the best online college/university that offers certified medical coding/billing? ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

How To Type Dr Jones Is "dual Board Certified" In Both Pediatrics And Internal Medicine,
Jul 20, 2012

Hyphens? ...

"State Certified" Birth Certificate
Apr 25, 2015

I took some pre-employment documents to a notary yesterday.  The birth certificate, issued by the hospital where I was born 62 years ago, I was told would not do for ID because it was not "state certified".  In order to get a state certified birth certificate, you have to have the notary certify they have seen my birth certificate, then the state issues one they call "certified".  This makes absolutely no sense to me and only delays employment.  Anyone else had this experienc ...

In Your Experience
Nov 10, 2009

I have seen that some MTs work two or three companies at a time and during the same hours.  Can you tell me if this was working with the same platform and same computer?  ...

Do You Think MT Experience Will Help In Getting An MR Job?
Feb 11, 2010

There is a hospital in my area that has 2 jobs I am interested in, one is a records analyst and the other is a records clerk.  I am definitely ready to start working outside of the home, but I fear my MT experience will not help me much in getting one of these jobs.  I am just wondering what you all think or if I should bother to apply.  I am thinking they are going to want people with hospital experience.  Thanks a bunch for any information!! ...

MD-IT..any Experience?
Apr 12, 2010

Hi.  I was recently hired as an employee with MD-IT.  I filled out all my paperwork, did my computer audit, background check, etc. and was supposed to call at 9:00 a.m. this morning to begin downloading their transcription platform.  Well, I called and got voicemail.  I left a message and have not heard back.  To me, if you have an appointment scheduled, you should be available for that appointment.  I'm sure they would expect nothing less from me.  I real ...

Experience.
Jun 08, 2010

I have been noticing that the experience level required to even get looked at for an MT job has went up. The 2 year experience mark has now went to 3 in most postings, and alot more postings are stating they want a minimum of 5 years. It is an up hill battle in an already hard market but with these kind of requirements I supose the seasoned MT's can rest a little easier and the newbies I guess can look for another line of work. I have already switched my gears and will finish my MA deg ...