A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Getting warned about QASAR kicking in today. - Getting fired from audit. I have a question.

Posted: Feb 23, 2010

My question:  If I do not pass my audit (good chance I will not for MANY reasons), and the outcome is getting fired, WILL I BE ABLE TO COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT AND GET TAA.  I would like to go back to school, no matter what the outcome is, and of course collect unemployement while attending school.

I have been an MT for 30 years.  My audits are usually 97.8 and hard to get 98% ALL THE TIME with the horrible dictators.  If I get a couple of good dictators, then it is at 100%, like all of us should be.  Plus I work in the evenings which family tends to bother me and I get distracted, but had to work these hours to get work and if I stayed days, I would get NO JOBS AVAIABLE.  Just cannot win being an MT. 

My ulcers are kicking in and just knowing the threats of losing my job, basically a sweat job, is enough to do me in.  Every month we will have these audits from now on.  MQ says clients want it done, bull I say, the company told the clients this will be done in order to keep the accounts for the big wigs.

Everything is for the client.  The highers ups tell our clients a bunch of promises and that is how this company gets the clients so these big wigs can keep getting their high income. 

Hopefully something good will come out of this when I get let go.  I am also considered paid high on the totem pole which is another reason to let me go.  How fortunate for this company to find a way to do this to the high paying employees.  Just hope it will help me out at the end by collecting unemployement and TAA.  

My husband is actually happy about this.  He said it is a long time coming for me to finally be rid of this company and MT life.  He said if we are to get 98%, then these dictators better be dictating at least 98% clear and perfect.  If you get a dictator that talks like crap, you get crap back because that is all you hear.  But, oh no, not MQ.  It has been PERFECT NO MATTER WHAT! 

Thanks for reading.  I am really freaked out.  Never thought I would get fired after going to college for this.  Do nurses, x-ray techs, medical assistants get treated like this?  Do they have the worry about being QAd all the time and worry about the constant threat of losing their jobs like this?  No, of course not.  Does ASR get fired?  They are definitely not 98% compatible and yet we get fired and not ASR? 

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

I don't think you get fired for 1 bad audit - scrub

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had a bad audit before and I am still here.

I am not sure if you would still be able to collect unemployment if you are fired, but I think you could fight it and win just because they make our situation impossible to acheive quality and accuracy anymore.

I have no first hand experience, so hopefully someone else can help you out with that. If you get NJA, I would immediately file for unemployment insteaed of making up work though, because I heard you have to get unemployment to get TAA.

In my state (CA) you can still get UI if you get fired. n/m - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
x

AUDITED - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
First I would like to say that ASR gets audited too. I do both ASR and transcription. The doctors are still hard to understand even with ASR. We have been audited for a good while now. Yes, it does make life much more stressful. Since all this auditing, taking away our primry accounts, having our blanks counted, and still having to keep our 150 line count, my stress level has increased ten fold. I was at the doctor last week. My blood pressure was 200/100 (on medication). My doctor just stood there looking at me. I have also developed DM type 2 (which my doctor says stress makes worse), and my cholesterol level has gone up (why I do not know, as I eat 2 meals a day and do not even eat until 12 noon.) I have never had high cholesterol before. If I lose this job, I am a dead duck, as I will not be able to afford all my medications (which I hate anyway, but have to take them).

I have worked for the combination of these 3 companies for 10 years now. I use to love my job and could not wait to get started in the morning. Now I dread it every day.

If I live long enough, I can retire in 3 years. I also went to school and many hardships to get my degree and learn this trade. It is too late for me to go back to school, as by the time I get out, I can almost retire.

Some nights I wish I could go to bed and never have to wake up, but then I would miss seeing my beautiful grandchildren grow up and being with my children.

The Good Lord help us all, because no one else can. Please pray for me, as I pray for all MQ MTs every morning and evening.

Your post made me sad and mad at the same time. - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
Sad for your situation (mine is pretty sad too) and mad that companies can get away with so many things that end up causing stress to so many people but they don't.

I ended up in the ER recently for a stress-caused condition. I could barely afford the 100 copay and wish I didn't have to go, but I felt if I didn't I would die from anxiety. They gave me a dose of meds and sent me off. 100 bux. Ouch.

I think you can make it to retirement; you're lucky, you only have 3 years - I have many more than that. Try not to let the stress get to you. Funny coming from me, but it's true. Take care of yourself first and foremost. My cholesterol was sky-high, too, and for no obvious reason---I'm not overweight, eat pretty healthy, so it was also probably stress-related. It's just not worth it. Try to get some exercise, even if it's just walking around outside if that is possible or just pacing in your house, stretching, etc.

I have to believe things will work out for all us, whatever we decide (or don't decide) to do.

oops, left word off first paragraph; They don't CARE.... n/m - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh my gosh, me too! MAJOR HIGH BP; I think from this job. - Getting fired from audit.

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I know we get audited from ASR. It is just the company seems to think ASR is so wonderful and dropped our pay because of it. ASR is the most horrible thing I have ever seen. Maybe 20% of the accounts are good with ASR, but not most of them.

The stress is killing me too! I do exercise though. I try and walk at least 30-45 minutes a day, up and down hills. I eat well, chicken salads, veg/fruits. I started having horrible headaches for the last 4 years and finally went in to the doctor. My blood pressure was 150/100. I was told to take Atenolol. Well, it did not work. Three months later, I gained weight because of the medicine and I am so tired all the time. A headache started up again for a week and I started to feel nauseous. I went back into the doctor and my BP was now 168/110.

The doctor told me to immediately not exercise for 1 week for fear of heart attack/stroke and did not want my BP to raise anymore during exercise and now I am talking 3 pills, 3 PILLS to control by BP.

I had all the lab work done and saw a cardiologist. My heart is fine, low cholesterol, great diet, exercise is fine. All lab work came back normal, thyroid, blood sugar, etc. It is just my BP is way off. STRESS FROM THIS JOB and sitting all day long. By the way, my doctor and cardiologist use EPIC. They do not like dealing with MTSO's and so they have a GE program they use and everything is done in the computer by the doctors and nurses while you have your visit.

Just know I am praying for you Nature! You are almost done. I have to head back to school to get out of this field.

Boy, I can appreciate where you are at - Heading south

[ In Reply To ..]
because I was feeling the same with my situation (hoping I would not wake up)and then realized I had been given a second chance at living for some reason and that made a huge difference in my life. I can now look around and see people worse off than me. I also will be at retirement age in a few years and that keeps me going as I will be getting more money a month than working these past several years and be better able to take care of myself and loved ones. It is so hard to look forward when you are in a place that seems like a deep hole with no ladder. Please, keep thinking of your grandchildren, they need you. I know words cannot help much, but know there is someone praying for you this very minute. ((hugs))

THANK YOU - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
My dear fellow MTs, thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. So many times I have read here of a MT having problems, and I have dropped everything right then and there and prayed for them with tears in my eyes. Now you are doing the same for me. It is humbling, and I thank you. What makes me really sad is that many of you are in the same situation, so I KNOW what you are going through. How I wish I had an answer for all of us. Bless you all.

Types both too!! - So Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, I hear you!! I type both ASR and transcription for seven facilities. I just failed an audit when I've never failed one before. Now I'm at 100% QA with the fear of gettign fired with the next failed audit. I find ASR so much harder especially with the foreign doctors because there is so much to fix--words, grammar and punctuation. Then on top of it over the three years, I have had 3 DECREASES IN PAY!!!

no, you don't get TAA if fired - bj

[ In Reply To ..]
I called and talked to UE office about the TAA. She said if we get fired then we do not qualify for TAA. Only way you qualify is if you get laid off. No exceptions.

you might not be able to go to school and collect UC at the same time - spice girl

[ In Reply To ..]
I think at least in my state if you are in school then you are considered to be unavailable for work and thus cannot get unemployment compensation. I don't really know this for a fact, just what I have heard in the past.

Same exact boat as you!!! - So Tired!!

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been a transcriptions for 20 years and have worked for Medquist for 9 years. I have been under 100% QA for about 2 months now because of a failed audit at 96.2% and have been told if I get another one, I will be fired. I also work at night and constantly distracted. I also seem to get the crap dictators that no one wants to do during the day. My supervisor says there is no way that people can pick and choose during day....yeah right!! Anyway, it seemed that they picked all of the reports that I had trouble with to use for my audit almost like they are purposefully trying to get rid of me. I told my supervisor that I am constantly getting new foreign doctors because two of the facilities I type for are teaching hospitals. Her answer to me was...get this..."typing is typing. If you know how to transcribe, you can type anything." Obviously, she has never transcribed a day in her life and I bet that 95% of the high-ups haven't either and have the same concept. Unfortunately, I can't lose this job because I have a disabled son and need to be home and this job is perfect because I don't need to leave to work. I haven't been able to sleep in 2 months!! I read and reread each client profile, look up everything even when I know that something is spelled correctly and even when I get my reports back from QA even those people don't have a clue!!! As my mom says, take it one day at a time and just keep looking for something else.

Similar Messages:

Kicking Myself
Jan 19, 2012

Man, I hate when I make a mistake.  I had two shortcuts that were similar and I accidentally typed the wrong one in this report.  Luckily QA caught it, but I just can't stop thinking about it because it was such a stupid mistake and if I would have just looked over the report a little closer it would have been caught.  I had a feeling that I might have made this mistake because in another report I again typed the wrong shortcut but caught it.  I ...

MY SIL Warned Me Not To Go To Work For Nuance But I Did...sm
Sep 02, 2014

It actually has been the best move I have made in a long time.  I am never out of work (even when it would be nice occasionally).  I am averaging over $18 an hour and most of the time closer to $21.  My primary is not easy by any means. Lord these ESLs make me want to scream; however, it is a mix of speech and straight typing and I make over 5 and 9 respectively.  I have a secondary but have yet had the opportunity to work on it.  I work on Exeditor which is a program I ...

I Was Warned Of A Potential Bad Employer By Checking
Apr 30, 2013

this forum and I backed out because I had to purchase software and would be "micromanaged" too closely. I found myself on the offensive and caught the recruiter off guard because I told him I had no money to buy software because MTs are so poor. It was beautiful just to hear his jaw drop! I felt tremendous just to boycott this industry in my own way. ...

Does Q Still Use Qasar?
Oct 13, 2010

j ...

Two Complaints Here, On QA/QASAR
Jan 22, 2010

Enlighten this old gal.   Weren't we told to change q.h.s. to at bedtime some time ago (AHDI rules)?   and also were we not supposed to be ignoring commas versus semicolons.   I majored in English in college.   I am an old-school grammar girl, and a former editor of a publishing company.  I do know my grammar and punctuation; but really it is not that crucial to the report.  Only when you leave out periods... Now, the qhs situation.  P ...

What Do Editors Think About Qasar?
Oct 07, 2010

nm ...

How Do We Check Qasar Feedback?
Jul 27, 2010

. ...

Email About QASAR Feedback
Dec 15, 2010

From the email:     "Once the pilot beings, you may see a change ..." Beings?  How about BEGINS?????   We should all leave feedback for the typo in the email!!! ...

QASAR Line Counting??
May 21, 2011

Does anyone have any knowledge of what this qasar dep line counting means?  the technology part of the email states something to the fact that it replaces the old line counting method.  geez, i cannot keep up with their terminology and then to boot they send it out on friday afternoon when they know there is no chance we could get a hold of a ccm.  I have a funny feeling they are going to subtract whatever errors we have with or without an audit from our paycheck because ...

QASAR Back. Also New ADHI Best Practices In 2011
Dec 16, 2010

Here's the link for ADHI Quality Assessment and Best Practices http://www.ahdionline.org/Portals/0/downloads/QABestPracticesJuly2010.pdf or http://tinyurl.com/AHDI-best-practices In this document, they do point out there are valid reasons for blanks. So... if MQ is going to adopt this, we should no longer be punished for valid blanks. They also include standards for dictators and recognize that lack of dictator compliance with these standards is a cause for blanks. Plus, IMO, ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Less ASR Today?
Feb 03, 2010

My work is normally about 97% ASR, today I have only had 1 ASR job.  I'm not complaining, quite the opposite actually.  I'm just curious if anyone else is getting less ASR work today.  I was hoping it was down and we can expect a day or two of straight typing. ...

Anyone Else Down Today?
Apr 29, 2010

Unable to log on because DQS needs to be updated.  Then can't update on DocuManage because there's no link.  They tell me they someone will call back and help me, but they have no way of knowing when.  This would definitely qualify for technical downtime, am I right?  Anyone else having this issue today? ...

What Is Up With DQS Today?
May 23, 2010

DQS is driving me crazy today.  When I push the pedal, it takes a couple seconds to start playing.  If I let off the pedal, it keeps going for a couple seconds and I can't get it to stop.  The typing I am doing does not keep up with my finger speed either, with words not showing up until after I've typed them. I use my own computer and have never encountered this issue before.  It is a major hindrance though, slowing me down. What's next? ...

Today Was My Last Day With MQ.
Jun 08, 2010

Typing that last report, signing out for the last time.....it was all very surreal.  I still can't believe I actually left.  Sad though because I wasn't offered anything PT (not that I would had taken it), and nobody said "we'll be happy to take you back".  AND....no exit interview.  Guess I thought they appreciated me more than that.  Oh well.  Some of my friends wished me well and will miss me.  Thats all I need.  ...

QA'd My First ILP Today.
Feb 02, 2011

Horrendous, absolutely horrendous.  It felt like I was editing an ASR report.  If they are all like this one, then I have no worries about losing my job to the Indians because once the clients see the garbage that is coming out of there, they will be begging for the USA.  ...

Have Gotten SO Much Done Today Already!
Feb 04, 2011

Since my shift started a little over an hour ago, I have blown out my hair, cleaned the bathroom, made a dentist appointment and paid some bills! Whew! Looking for what to do next because it sure doesn't look like I'll be doing any typing this morning.  NJA all day so far! Weeeeeee!!!!! (Sorry, just needed to try to make some humor out of it). Hope everybody has a great weekend! ...

Today Is When I Let It All Go
Jul 13, 2012

I get so fuming mad about all these things that are going on at Nuance and with our careers and livlihoods, the lies and deceitful practices of this company that came along and gobbled up all the MTSOs and made my life a nightmare. I am the type of person that wants to fight for what is right and make my voice heard. Why such a company could come in and treat the employees the way Nuance does. I fell that if I try to fight I will just get myself into major trouble. ...

The BIG Lay-off Today
Apr 04, 2013

I have not posted on this site for a long, long time because there is so much negativity on here and stuff that was posted that is simply untrue.  Not sure why anyone would stay with a company when they are so unhappy and then good people get laid off.  Today I got the call, about 3 hours into my shift. I knew something was up as my caller ID never says Medquist on it.  My TSM's voice sounded really awful and all she could say was I am sorry to call with bad news but you have ...

Is Today Pay Day?
May 17, 2013

I thought today was pay day??  No direct deposit for me.  Maybe i'm confused ...

ASR Bad Today
Jul 08, 2013

Noticing this a.m. really BAD.  Putting in a lot that is NOT said and leaving out what IS said.  As if our job isn't aggravating enough.  More typing than editing. ...

MM ASR Seems To Be Particularly Bad Today.
Aug 04, 2013

nm ...

MM ASR Seems Especially Bad Today. Anyone Else?
Sep 28, 2013

Missing a lot of words and totally random punctuation. Oh well, I'd be at minimum either which way. ...

What's Up Today? Sm
Mar 20, 2014

I have not received 1 email with account status updates, stupid "joke of the day", tip of the day or error emails. Also, none of the TMs are on. ...

Today Was My Last Day As An MT
May 22, 2014

After over 25 years as an MT, I'm not going to lie, I am a little sad. However, MT is not what it used to be. It served me well for about 20 years or so before it started to go south. I did manage to avoid VR, but it was only a matter of time.  I recently completed school (again) and I am starting a new career. I know many people think it can't be done on the wages MTs have been reduced to, but I am living proof that it actually can! I continued working as an MT while I was in sc ...

Today Is
Nov 30, 2014

I am offically sick of inconsiderate dictator day. They are being held accountable for their poor dictations with blanks, blanks, and more blanks.. I am done!!! ...

Anyone Else OOW Today?
Dec 10, 2014

Suddenly my account has gone dry.  My TSM's excuse is they are too heavily staffed on 1st shift...yeah, right.  I just checked for the heck of it and still nothing.  The account I am on begins with an E and is a hospital in PA.  Wow, just wow. ...

I Just Don't Know If I Can Do This Today. Nm
Feb 25, 2015

nm ...

I Am Getting All New Stuff Today...sm.
Oct 19, 2009

first is open smart stitch sutures correct as is? and second is it times 2 or x2?  Never had this before. :-). tia.   ........This was treated with a subacromial decompression and repair of the rotator cuff using the open smart stitch sutures x 2. ...