A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My Letter to Michelle Obama about my experience with MT work, or more specifically, working for a na - MT Idiot

Posted: Apr 06, 2010

I think I have figured out an excellent strategic way to approach writing this letter.  My objective is to GET IT READ. 

Guided by my intuition, I put some ideas down in a beginning document on my computer --- as as I did so --- other ideas began to float through my mind.  I wound up with something which I think is a very good strategy.  I am not going to say what it is.  I'm just saying that I feel QUITE GOOD about this way of presenting "the story." 

Once I have the basic "thrust" of where I'm goinog with the writing, the rest won't be too difficult.  The hardest part will be consolidatinig and editing down, to keep it succinct and short enough......and I know I will have to do that.  NOBODY in a central government office is going to want to wade through a 5 or 10 page letter.  I have to get INTEREST and get it FAST and get it STRONG.  

So I'm working on it. 

There's no telling what a real Idiot can do, sometimes!!

Be prepared for bashers if you post the actual letter. - CA-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine didn't get much support when it was switched to the Main board on this website. Fortunately, us MQ MTs can relate more to what I wrote than the non-MQ transcriptionists.

I;ll tell you what, I don't work there, but SM - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I get it. It is just horrendous to read what you guys are going through. I can't think of enough adjectives to describe how I feel they are treating all of you. I just read a stupid post about indians being able to transcribe the bad audio/awful dictations easily. That's a bunch of bunk!! I've been doing this for years as many of you have. We have an "ear". Don't tell me indians are better at this than we are. No way in ****.

post your letter on Facebook - planetspinz

[ In Reply To ..]
make sure a lot of Americans see you letter
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michelle-Obama/22092775577

NOBODY CARES...we are not the 1st profession - ***

[ In Reply To ..]
to go through this, and we don't be the last. Significant major manufacturing industries have been lost. MTs account for only a few of the jobs lost in this country. Why oh why do you think anyone is all of a sudden going to jump up and care about one little group of US employees when more signicant numbers and fields have been already lost?

you never know, it just takes 1 person - faith and hope

[ In Reply To ..]
Things happen for a reason and who knows if we keep trying to get our situation out there it might just come across someone who would care -- the poster below who had the idea of picking a day and we all send an email to Mrs. Obama, well heck, we could pick other people that have been mentioned before to send to, Michael Moore, Glenn Beck, radio station people, etc.

I feel kind of bad that I was not more concerned - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
when other fields, such as call centers, etc., were doled out to third world countries. I was just irritated that when I needed customer service, I couldn't understand Mohammed; never thought about who had lost their job to him.

This health records with personal files. - Medical identity theft fastest growing crime

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1226934/Indian-police-arrest-company-boss-accused-selling-medical-records-British-patients.html

INDIA POLICE ARREST COMPANY FOR SELLING MEDICAL RECORDS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/12/medical-identity-theft-is_n_215146.html

MEDICAL IDENTITY THEFT FASTEST GROWING CRIME

AND I COULD GO ON AND ON WITH MORE WEBSITES.

It just happened again, too. This time at John Muir - Med. Center in Walnut Creek. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
x
That's where my daughter goes...I'm sure - ***
[ In Reply To ..]
medical records for librarians are a really hot commodity.

Because maybe the offshoring tide can be turned - if enough people show their anger. -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Her letter (or mine, or yours) might just be that 1-millionth letter that finally sets the wheels in motion.

You never know until you try. And if you don't try, then you've been beaten.

Thank you for doing this - Badcat

[ In Reply To ..]
I want to thank you for doing this. Let's hope it gets read and gets paid attention to.

At least it is ACTION, not just complaining! - whether or not it helps.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yea. Who else has sent a letter? - Exactly.

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted my letter, got bashed on its inconsistencies, not the basic content. Why don't more of you carry the torch and write letters instead of just criticizing? I'm not going to take it all sitting down whining.

GOOD FOR YOU for writing to Michelle Obama! - I will try to do the same! -nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

LETTER TO OBAMA
Oct 26, 2011

Did you happen to read the letter to Obama written by a transcriptionist when first logging on to MTStars?  I think it is VERY well said, and we should send a similar one to him.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  I am seriously considering quitting as I am sure MT's jobs will be obsolete very soon.  However, now I am debating whether to stick it out here until the end and hope for either a severance pay or unemployment.  My CCM was MORE THAN HAPPY to off ...

Experience Working For This Company?
Dec 29, 2009

Does anyone have experience working for this company? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Experience Working For Encompass
Mar 10, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has experience working for Encompass.  They sound like they are great to work for. I have experience and they indicated an interest in hiring me, but can't seem to reconnect.  Makes me wonder how responsive they are once you are hired.  Any info about company would be helpful. Thanks ...

Anyone With Experience Working For NetMed?
May 20, 2011

Anyone with experience working for NetMed please let me know how they are to work for.  Do they have enough work, cpl rate, ESL percentage.  Do they hire IC status?  Thanks for any info you care to share. ...

Experience In Working With Lee Perfect?
Aug 06, 2014

Does anybody have any experience in working with Lee Perfect? ...

Current Experience Working For Softscript
Jul 10, 2012

Anyone out there have current experience working for Softscript? Are they good, bad, or indifferent? ...

Share Your Experience Working At Keystrokes
Jan 21, 2013

Would you please share your experience working at Keystrokes.  Is it as bad as posted on here, or are there any "happy" MTs there?  Are you able to work your full shift and get your line counts?  If not, how many different accounts do you have to work on to make enough money to live on?  Are their platforms hard to learn and do you have to switch back and forth on those too?  Do you get raised to 8 cpl as promised?  Thanks for any info you would care to share...appreciate your time. ...

Working For Nuance: A Truly Kafkaesque Experience!
May 06, 2015

If you doubt me, see the "Urban Dictionary" definition.  It's about as good as any that I have seen:   http://tinyurl.com/28rqen4 After working for far too long for a smaller MTSO, which was aquired by Nuance and which also treated its workers like dirt, and coming to this company, I begin to wonder if this is just the state of affairs in Health Information Services or just employment in the United States generally.  Trying to get and keep a decently paying job just seems l ...

Anyone Working For TransTech Care To Share Your Experience,sm
Mar 30, 2011

The VR cannot even understand these ESLs, so I am not understanding why they would be placed in VR.  I mean really, this VR sucks.  It leaves out a lot of easy words that it didn't seem to catch on the English speaking docs also.  I seem to be spending a lot of time typing these ESL VR jobs instead of editing them.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Current Experience Working At Chase In Chartnet?
Jul 07, 2011

Years ago I worked for a company that used Chartnet and loved it.  I am wondering if anyone reading this has any current experience with Chase using Chartnet?  I'm wondering if it is still a good platform and how the company is to work for.  Any input will be appreciated. ...

Anyone Working At Transform Care To Share Your Experience
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone working at Transform care to share your experience with this company.  I have never done editing before but I do have about 14 years oncology experience.  Is there enough work?  I would much rather do straight transcription, but it is getting more difficult every week to even find jobs hiring for it.  Also what is their pay scale for doing editing.  Do they have any straight transcription?  Thanks for your help. ...

Anybody Have Experience Working For Integrated Document Solutions In Ft. Lauderdale, FL?
Jul 29, 2010

I am trying to get some information on anyone who has experience working with IDS, pros or cons. ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Ortho Help Please, Knee Specifically
May 20, 2010

Found on MRI:  Localized s/l "roto" patellar cartilage frain  of high-grade chondromalacia   Thanks for any help.  ...

FTPs - Specifically FTPFast.com
Feb 15, 2013

Does anyone have experience with FTPFast.com as a HIPAA compliant file transfer utility?  I need one to use with just one doc to transfer MP3 files and Word docs.  These guys sound great and appear to be very affordable and a pretty simple setup.  I just need some reviews from users before I sign on the dotted line. Thanks to all! ...

Weren't We Specifically Told It Is Ms And Not Ms.
Jan 19, 2015

or is the period after Ms. account specific? ...

Is There Enough Work At Nuance, Specifically First Shift?
Jul 28, 2011

Recruiter told me they are hiring for all shifts.  So, I picked first shift but before I go ahead and do this just want to make sure there is actually work during the first shift.  After working nights for 7 years, I am afraid of running out of work just because I want first shift! ...

Obama
Oct 26, 2011

We are ALL upset with our transcription jobs.  Whoever this is acting like a 2 year old in these posts needs to grow up.  ...

Maybe We Can Get Obama On Board...
Dec 05, 2013

Since the gov's all about obamacare nowadays and HIPAA and whatnot, maybe the US MTs need some sort of special interest group to storm Capitol Hill and demand a consistent style for healtcare documents...a certain way to do HPs, OP notes, summaries, consults, ad nauseum...hey, the buzz word these days is interoperability, right?  I just cannot fathom why or how these facilities and physicians within them get their way all the freaking time.  If the gov would attach format template ...

Will Obama's New Employment Law Affect MQ?
Jul 24, 2010

It has to do with requiring employers to reveal employees' salaries regarding sex, race and national origin of employees.  Will this mean MQ will have to pay the Indians more?  How about paying us more fairly?  Any thoughts on this? ...

President Obama In India
Nov 08, 2010

While President Obama is touring India, I sure hope he finds our jobs, loads them onto Air Force One, and brings them back to us...along with the wages that we once earned.  Instead though, we'll probably just get T-shirts (made in China) that say "I are a global MT." ...

Obama Care, Our Health Ins.
Oct 15, 2012

Has "Obama care" gone into effect??? I am part time. Does the company have to offer me health insurance that I pay for?? anyone up on this??? ...

Did You Hear Obama's Speech MQ Corporate.
Jan 27, 2010

Did you hear?  No tax relief to any American company who sends work overseas.  IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! I believe the republicans and democrats stood up for that statement!!! ...

Obama Health Care And The Transcriptionist Perfession
Oct 17, 2010

I am just wondering how it is assumed that the Obama Health Care Bill will affect the medical transcription profession.   ...

Obama Is Really Pushing Electronic Medical Records
Jul 30, 2011

I have heard and read that Obama is really pushing the EMR, and by the year 2014, he wants all hospitals/clinics to implement this or else be taxed. He also is supposed to be offering grants and incentives if they do also. So any hospital or physician office that doesn't will be taxed more and will not get incentives, grants, etc. So I think most will try it cause they don't want more taxes and want the incentives, etc. So where does that leave us? If you work for a hospital, what ...

Obama Adminstration Uses Coercion To Encourage Outsourcing
Sep 01, 2011

Gibson Guitars, accused of using illegally imported wood, a claim that Gibson refutes and for which the company has filed documentation to the contrary,  has now been told that their problems "would go away" if they used labor in Madagascar.  http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/sep/1/picket-gibson-guitar-ceo-obama-admin-told-us-our-p/ For those of you brave enough to access this site...you can hear an account of the entire debacle from the lips of Gibson CEO directly ...

Obama Petition - It Worked For Student Loans, So Why Not Us?
Oct 27, 2011

Here is what I put in this petition - I tried not to make it specific to MT, as there are more jobs that need to come back than just ours.  Stop the overseas off-shoring of American jobs - at least stop those that contain personal information. (this is the title to search for at "we the people" if the link does not post)Stop the overseas off-shoring of American Jobs will keep American Jobs in American, will keep American money in America. Once that money leaves it will n ...

Is Rhoncoarse A Word? Doctor Specifically Saying Rhoncoarse (as In Coarse Rhonchi)
Nov 20, 2010

sentence is:  As above she has (rhoncoarse) inspiratory and expiratory breath sounds throughout our interview.    Doctor is not foreign and speaks very clearly... ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...