A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did you hear Obama's speech MQ corporate. - No tax relief!

Posted: Jan 27, 2010

Did you hear?  No tax relief to any American company who sends work overseas. 

IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! I believe the republicans and democrats stood up for that statement!!!

only one big problem.... - MQ is not American

[ In Reply To ..]
anymore. MQ is Indian-owned.

Still, MQ is considered in the United States. - They still would pay taxes in Amercica, right?

[ In Reply To ..]
Then what?

They are on the NSDAQ. - Strong third quarter in 9 months in Oct. 2009

[ In Reply To ..]
GIBBSBORO, N.J., Oct. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- MedQuist Inc. (AMEX: MBS) reported a strong third quarter and nine months, with record revenue growth and net earnings in line with expectations. The company's third quarter net earnings were $445,000 or $0.17 per share on revenues of $14.3 million, compared with $755,000 or $0.24 per share on revenues of $7.4 million in the third quarter of the previous year.

For the nine months, MedQuist had net earnings of $960,000 or $0.40 per share on revenues of $31.7 million, compared with net earnings of $1,650,000 or $0.52 per share on

NASDAQ - has non-US companies

[ In Reply To ..]
trading on it. My point is don't get too excited. Even IF they put a halt to tax breaks for companies that offshore, they will find a way around it.

Similar Messages:

Obama
Oct 26, 2011

We are ALL upset with our transcription jobs.  Whoever this is acting like a 2 year old in these posts needs to grow up.  ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

LETTER TO OBAMA
Oct 26, 2011

Did you happen to read the letter to Obama written by a transcriptionist when first logging on to MTStars?  I think it is VERY well said, and we should send a similar one to him.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  I am seriously considering quitting as I am sure MT's jobs will be obsolete very soon.  However, now I am debating whether to stick it out here until the end and hope for either a severance pay or unemployment.  My CCM was MORE THAN HAPPY to off ...

Maybe We Can Get Obama On Board...
Dec 05, 2013

Since the gov's all about obamacare nowadays and HIPAA and whatnot, maybe the US MTs need some sort of special interest group to storm Capitol Hill and demand a consistent style for healtcare documents...a certain way to do HPs, OP notes, summaries, consults, ad nauseum...hey, the buzz word these days is interoperability, right?  I just cannot fathom why or how these facilities and physicians within them get their way all the freaking time.  If the gov would attach format template ...

Will Obama's New Employment Law Affect MQ?
Jul 24, 2010

It has to do with requiring employers to reveal employees' salaries regarding sex, race and national origin of employees.  Will this mean MQ will have to pay the Indians more?  How about paying us more fairly?  Any thoughts on this? ...

President Obama In India
Nov 08, 2010

While President Obama is touring India, I sure hope he finds our jobs, loads them onto Air Force One, and brings them back to us...along with the wages that we once earned.  Instead though, we'll probably just get T-shirts (made in China) that say "I are a global MT." ...

Obama Care, Our Health Ins.
Oct 15, 2012

Has "Obama care" gone into effect??? I am part time. Does the company have to offer me health insurance that I pay for?? anyone up on this??? ...

Obama Health Care And The Transcriptionist Perfession
Oct 17, 2010

I am just wondering how it is assumed that the Obama Health Care Bill will affect the medical transcription profession.   ...

Obama Is Really Pushing Electronic Medical Records
Jul 30, 2011

I have heard and read that Obama is really pushing the EMR, and by the year 2014, he wants all hospitals/clinics to implement this or else be taxed. He also is supposed to be offering grants and incentives if they do also. So any hospital or physician office that doesn't will be taxed more and will not get incentives, grants, etc. So I think most will try it cause they don't want more taxes and want the incentives, etc. So where does that leave us? If you work for a hospital, what ...

Obama Adminstration Uses Coercion To Encourage Outsourcing
Sep 01, 2011

Gibson Guitars, accused of using illegally imported wood, a claim that Gibson refutes and for which the company has filed documentation to the contrary,  has now been told that their problems "would go away" if they used labor in Madagascar.  http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/sep/1/picket-gibson-guitar-ceo-obama-admin-told-us-our-p/ For those of you brave enough to access this site...you can hear an account of the entire debacle from the lips of Gibson CEO directly ...

Obama Petition - It Worked For Student Loans, So Why Not Us?
Oct 27, 2011

Here is what I put in this petition - I tried not to make it specific to MT, as there are more jobs that need to come back than just ours.  Stop the overseas off-shoring of American jobs - at least stop those that contain personal information. (this is the title to search for at "we the people" if the link does not post)Stop the overseas off-shoring of American Jobs will keep American Jobs in American, will keep American money in America. Once that money leaves it will n ...

My Letter To Michelle Obama About My Experience With MT Work, Or More Specifically, Working For A Na
Apr 06, 2010

I think I have figured out an excellent strategic way to approach writing this letter.  My objective is to GET IT READ.  Guided by my intuition, I put some ideas down in a beginning document on my computer --- as as I did so --- other ideas began to float through my mind.  I wound up with something which I think is a very good strategy.  I am not going to say what it is.  I'm just saying that I feel QUITE GOOD about this way of presenting "the story."  Once I ...

Did Ya'll See The E-mail From Corporate?
Feb 16, 2010

We need transcriptionists??  We have not overstaffed??  We continue to hire??   Maybe that is why I have NO FLIPPIN WORK??   Whatever!  We need you my tushie. ...

We Have Been Getting Emails From Corporate
Apr 02, 2010

about how wonderful we are.  We are on the list of Best of the Best.  Keep up the good work.  Our QA submission is down thanks to all of you.  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  YET!  THIS EMAIL ABOUT NO MERIT INCREASE AND 401K JUST HAPPENED TO NOT BE SENT BY EMAIL, BUT IN MQCENTRAL.    HOW CONVENIENT FOR THEM!  GEE, I WONDER WHY NO PERSONAL EMAIL? ...

NEW EMAIL FROM CORPORATE!
Jun 02, 2010

I just emailed my CCM to see if she is still with us! ...

Corporate E-mail About New CCM
Jun 03, 2010

Just received e-mail from corporate stating that as they had previously stated they would be rearranging management, ccm's, etc.  It went on to state that if you had been reassigned to a new CCM they would be contacting you in the future, but Thank GOD at the bottom it lists who your CCM will be and I am lucky enough to have the same CCM who I love and has always been good to me.   Today is my lucky day.  So glad she is not one of the ones to go. ...

Read This MQ Corporate
May 24, 2011

To all those who won a prize last week for MT week, congratulations.  Now for corporate, if you can afford to hand out trips, flat screen TVs, and other prizes, why can't you give us a COL increase?  I have never won a prize from MQ, even after 12+ years of dedicated work, working on short notice, getting high scores on audits, etc.  I don't want the prize, I want to be paid for what I'm worth on a daily basis!  Corporate, your actions speak louder than words! ...

Corporate Values
Oct 14, 2011

Medquist recruitment ad: Join a Corporate Team with Corporate Values! MedQuist's values of Customer Focus, Commitment, Teamwork and Integrity provide the framework for everything we do as an organization. I would rather go to an OWS rally. ...

Corporate Greed
Sep 06, 2012

A prime example of that is when I work every holiday for time and 1/2, but low and behold, there is mysteriously no work in the system.  Because they press a button and send it all overseas for some poor sap to do for 5 cents a day, instead of paying me time and 1/2.  There is no appreciation for the MT and our expertise anymore.  Used to at least get an Xmas card, not even that anymore.... :(   Save Yourself! ...

Corporate Bonuses
Jan 16, 2013

retention bonuses in the following amounts for the following named executive officers of the Company: $1,000,000 for Roger L. Davenport, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer; $851,250 for Ronald L. Scarboro, Chief Financial Officer; and $243,750 for Michael Finke, President. 50% of each individual’s award will be paid out on the date of the closing (the “Closing Date”) of the merger Read more: http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/120718/MModal-Inc_8-K/#ixzz2I973Zq9Q This was determ ...

StenTel Corporate
Apr 15, 2014

Has anyone ever worked for this company or no anything about them?  I have an interview. ...

Corporate E-mail
Feb 24, 2015

Blah, blah, blah. Without us in the trenches, where would they be? How about some recognition or even better yet, give us back some of the benefits you took away.  Yeah, like that will ever happen. ...

Anyone Sending Questions To Corporate?
Mar 02, 2010

I want to send questions to TM although the email stated to send them to ccm.  I have tons of questions.  this is not fair at all.  we cannot help poor audio, hemming and hawing by the dictator, dictators who cannot dictate......who the heck is running this show, lucy and ethel??? bunch of creeps. ...

New Corporate Email Just Arrived/nm
Mar 03, 2010

nm ...

Did You All Check Your Email From Corporate?
May 05, 2010

So I betcha have to be an RMT or CMT to win!  There will be 10 MT/MEE's.  I am happy that MQ included Spheris employees and their group.  That made me very happy, although I have been an MT with MQ for 20 years, I am just glad that Spheris will have their group included.  It is just well. . . ethical for MQ to do the right thing by including them.  I wonder if India is doing the same thing. ...

Guess I'll Have To Stick With Corporate
Aug 18, 2011

I give up.  I've submitted so many resumes and applications that my head is spinning.  I can't help it that my experience is more than two years ago.  The doctor died and the practice split up!  I live in a small town where outsourcing is unheard of and the MTs work at a place until they die.  I passed my typing test and editing test with All-Type, had my interview, discussed contract terms, and the woman said she would send the contract out.  But she ...

What Is Your Favorite Example Of Corporate-speak
Sep 20, 2012

; ) ...

How About Cutting Out Some Corporate Bloat
Apr 17, 2013

How does that work for ya? Amy & Shah? Want to take a 40% pay cut like we did? ...

Latest Email From Corporate
Aug 23, 2013

He must have been working late into the evening working on perfecting his email.  So after so proudly revising the out of work policy just 2 weeks ago, it is apparently already outdated. ...

MM - Corporate/American Greed
Oct 17, 2013

All that matters to companies nowadays is how much money they can make for their stockholders and for their yearly bonuses.  They dont care about the American worker anymore.  In India, when they want to fire you, they have to take into account the family you are taking care of, will you be able to get another job.  America?  They will throw you out on the street without a notice and not give a darn. In my town, the main hospital wants to let Chinese women come over to Ameri ...