A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

current experience working for Softscript - LookingForGreenerGrass

Posted: Jul 10, 2012

Anyone out there have current experience working for Softscript? Are they good, bad, or indifferent?

Worked there for 3 years and left 7 months ago - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Good point -- they pay on time.

Bad -- Communication is not great and they send out daily nasty group e-mails. Even if you have personally done nothing wrong, they send out these e-mails that sound like they are directed towards you, you respond and they basically say "not you stupid."

The last year I was there I ran out of work EVERY single day.

Bonus -- It is 100% straight typing (or at least it was).

All in all, I left for a reason and that reason was no work and it was not related to seasons, it was every day for a solid year and you were not allowed to work outside your shift to make it up either. Then you got in trouble for not meeting line count. It was a nightmare.

I would not recommend it to a friend.

Nobodys Perfect - SixMonthSSer

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been working for SS for six months. I do not get the nasty e-mails the previous poster was referring to. Those must have come from a different manager than I have. I work an evening shift. With SS you have to be flexible. We do run out of work quite a bit but it is usually only for 30 minutes to an hour. I always have something else I can do during that time, laundry, dog walking, etc. My manager lets us make up the time on our days off if we do not get enough hours in during the week. The line count expectation is low (in my opinion) so I don't have any problem meeting that even when we run out of work. I just make it up on the 6th day. Like I said, if you are flexible it is not a bad place to work.

I have seen some very nasty things about SS on this board, but so far I have not had anything other than running out of work a couple of times per week. My manager is nice, I can call her at any time and she is very accommodating.

The benefits are not the greatest, and the time off/vacation/holiday amount is VERY little. I do not feel pressured here, like I'm not doing enough, not working hard enough, etc. like I did at my previous job. Nobody is perfect.

Softscript? - LookingForGreenerGrass

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your opinions. Have an interview and just wanted some extra feedback. I've heard the running-out-of work complaint frequently, but I guess that's par for the course with this up-and-down business.....

SS work slow downs - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope it works out for you.

The running out of work is par for the course, but SoftScript ran out more than any other company I have ever worked for.

I believe all they do is overflow. I don't think they actually have fully dedicated accounts. I could be wrong, but it would be a good question to ask in interview.

Good luck to you.

Recruiter Denied Running Out of Work - LookingForGreenerGrass

[ In Reply To ..]
Interestingly, I brought up my concern that I'd heard from a "few people" about work running out regularly, and what we were supposed to do if that happened? She basically denied that that ever happened and asked where I'd heard that...chat rooms? Because if so, those that said that in there were just "bitter people who probably were let go because of not doing their work anyway.....look, they were in chat rooms when they should be working.....and I think I even know the ones who are saying those things! I guarantee that there is more than enough work, and we are taking on 7 new accounts next month." She said that the only time the work might get a little light is around the Christmas holiday, which I had just heard from a personal friend who works there that they ran out on July 4th. This denial of running out of work (PLUS the 8.5 cpl offered for a CMT and the rather poor benefits) has left me with a big red flag going on regarding this company. I think I'll wait for another better opportunity with a different one.

Wonder if her tongue turned black and fell out - Runoutalmostdaily

[ In Reply To ..]
I think there is little to no communication between the recruiter and the company. When I was hired the person who trained me did not even know who the recruiter was but she herself had heard a lot of negatives about the recruiter. The truth about SS is that they are basically an overflow company so work is spotty. I've never run into anyone hostile except a couple of cranky QA people. I resent being asked to make up for their lack of work on my day off. They don't micromanage. Pay isn't as on time as it used to be, but still not bad. I wish I had the guts to go somewhere else but everywhere seems bad. Better the devil you know....

Not bitter, just was going broke - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I loved the fact it was straight typing. But we were running out of work daily for a straight year and it was pretty much all day.

I also believe they are an "overflow" company.

Have to agree with anon above - ExSS

[ In Reply To ..]
We must have had the same PM. A royal b***h! Transcription platform went out with the stone ages. Worst company I ever worked for.

SS platform - NomoreSS

[ In Reply To ..]
I recently got my Social Security Statement in the mail. For the 3 years I worked at SS, I made about $6000 a year less than I did with other MTSOs I worked for. That should give you an idea of how user friendly their platform is. Not worth the aggravation.

recruiter says what you want to hear - ExSS

[ In Reply To ..]
they do it for a living and they say what you want to hear. "we never run out of work." it's total crap. they run out constantly and they are so overstaffed it's crazy. any company that runs an ad once a week should be a red flag for you. I finally got fired for "not getting my line counts" hahaha, turned around and filed unemployment and got it. got the letter from the unemployment people and where it said "Employer Response:" it said very plainly "No Response from Employer." you can't trust any of these people anymore, well maybe there's one somewhere, but I have had it and headed for greener pastures.

Similar Messages:

Current Experience Working At Chase In Chartnet?
Jul 07, 2011

Years ago I worked for a company that used Chartnet and loved it.  I am wondering if anyone reading this has any current experience with Chase using Chartnet?  I'm wondering if it is still a good platform and how the company is to work for.  Any input will be appreciated. ...

Does Anyone Have Any Current Experience With ATSI? Archives
Nov 25, 2010

TIA! ...

Softscript - Any Experience
Aug 03, 2011

Does anyone have any experience working for SoftScript?  I see in their ad that they don't send work overseas, which is very important to me.   Are they a good company to work for?   Do they have steady work, on time pay, good line rates, and, most importantly, treat their MTs well?   I am considering applying with them and would like to get some honest feedback from anyone who has or is currently working for them.  I want to know the good and the bad!  I also want to know if they hav ...

Any Current/past Experience With Silent Type Out Of NJ?
Mar 18, 2010

Any info appreciated! ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Any Current Info Or Experience
May 31, 2011

Does anyone have any current info or experience regarding Chronicle?  The most recent posts I could find searching the site where from over a year ago. TIA for anyone who can share any info :) ...

Current Info On SoftScript?
Sep 20, 2013

Can anyone give me current info on SoftScript? Do they have plenty of work, pay on time, line rates, platform etc.  Thanks in advance. ...

SoftScript: My Not So Good Experience
Dec 05, 2010

So I was hired by SoftScript 2 wks ago and completed training which was not bad. Was put on 2 clinic accts and had work for 2 days and no work since! Emails from company saying volume is low, have patience, yada yada. THEN I see that they are posting ads on mtjobs.com for more MTs! Flip me out! Not enough work for the MTs they have yet continue to hire more! I believe they are hiring just to cover for the holidays, which really is Nasty and Underhanded. My emails asking them what is going o ...

SoftScript - Positive Experience So Far
Dec 20, 2010

With all the negative posts on here, I'd like to add a positive post.  I was recently hired by SoftScript, starting training this week, and so far I am really impressed.  I had read posts on here that caused me a great deal of concern over my decision, but so far so good.  They have been on top of their game as far as the recruitment process.  Everything I was told would happen did happen, and very quickly and professionally.  Everything setup and ready to go ...

Does Anyone Have Any Current Information Regarding AssistMed Or Softscript? Sm
Sep 14, 2010

Seems the old posts are kind of negative, but things change ... wondered if anyone had any current info.  AssistMed is IC.  SoftScript seems to have a nice benefit package, but they say you cannot change your schedule for 6 months.   Thanks for any info. ...

Softscript Employees Former, Current, Newbies
Oct 06, 2012

claim form was updated only 2 months ago with several details you will almost certainly find useful http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSE-55-overtime-sheet.xls   Note these gems:    [ If you have been retaliated against, you may file a retaliation complaint by filling out another form, “DLSE FORM 205.”] 4. Are other employees also filing wage claims against your employer? âYES âNO â I DON’T KNOW & ...

Softscript Was The Worst Experience Of My Life
Dec 10, 2010

Softscript was the worst experience of my life.  Their software sucks - just about all applications within their program are slow, slow, slow - couldn't get any lines.  Go figure.  Do not waste your time with this company.  ...

Offered 8 Cpl At SoftScript For 20 Years Experience.
Jan 05, 2011

Has anyone said that was not enough and have them counter offer with more?  I don't plan on working for SS (I saw way too many complaints on the other board about them), but what about future offers which I suspect will not be any higher?  I saw on the resume board what I consider way too many willing to work for 7 cpl with plenty of experience.  Is it likely they will pay more when others are willing to work for so much less?  And many of these 7 cpl were IC.  Al ...

Question For Current/past SoftScript Employees..
Sep 20, 2011

Wondering if anyone has been let go because of sending over 8% of work to QA.  They expect our line count to be at least 135 an hour (which for the most part is easily done), our accuracy to be 98+ and under 8% to QA.  Sometimes this is not possible.  I do everything I can to not send to QA (relisten, utilize google, books, relisten, adjust speed/sound, did I mention relisten, relisten, relisten).....but lets face it there are a boatload of dictators that are just impossible.  ...

Considering Softscript, Any Current Info Or Opinion On Their FT Benefits? Thanks (NM)
Jan 03, 2012

SoftScript Current Employee Info About Company
Feb 23, 2014

Have read lots of negatives. My basic question is about whether there is enough work available and what the benefits are like especially health insurance. Am just really looking for some accurate current info. Thanks. ...

Experience Working For This Company?
Dec 29, 2009

Does anyone have experience working for this company? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Experience Working For Encompass
Mar 10, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has experience working for Encompass.  They sound like they are great to work for. I have experience and they indicated an interest in hiring me, but can't seem to reconnect.  Makes me wonder how responsive they are once you are hired.  Any info about company would be helpful. Thanks ...

Anyone With Experience Working For NetMed?
May 20, 2011

Anyone with experience working for NetMed please let me know how they are to work for.  Do they have enough work, cpl rate, ESL percentage.  Do they hire IC status?  Thanks for any info you care to share. ...

Experience In Working With Lee Perfect?
Aug 06, 2014

Does anybody have any experience in working with Lee Perfect? ...

Share Your Experience Working At Keystrokes
Jan 21, 2013

Would you please share your experience working at Keystrokes.  Is it as bad as posted on here, or are there any "happy" MTs there?  Are you able to work your full shift and get your line counts?  If not, how many different accounts do you have to work on to make enough money to live on?  Are their platforms hard to learn and do you have to switch back and forth on those too?  Do you get raised to 8 cpl as promised?  Thanks for any info you would care to share...appreciate your time. ...

Working For Nuance: A Truly Kafkaesque Experience!
May 06, 2015

If you doubt me, see the "Urban Dictionary" definition.  It's about as good as any that I have seen:   http://tinyurl.com/28rqen4 After working for far too long for a smaller MTSO, which was aquired by Nuance and which also treated its workers like dirt, and coming to this company, I begin to wonder if this is just the state of affairs in Health Information Services or just employment in the United States generally.  Trying to get and keep a decently paying job just seems l ...

Anything About Working For SoftScript?
Sep 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me anything about working for SoftScript? I have an interview in a couple of days to start working for them so if anyone has any feedback that would be great ...

Anyone Working At Softscript.
Jun 28, 2011

Is anyone working at Softscript right now who is happy with their job?   Would like some feedback on what this is company is like -- how it treats the employees.    ...

Working At Softscript
Jun 13, 2012

Working at Softscript was a nightmare.  I worked there for 3 years and it was the worse time of my life.  Working for a great company now and I have great benefits.  Thanks to Softscript for ending my nightmare.  They did me a favor by letting me go.  THANKS, THANKS, SOFTSCRIPT.       ...

Working For SoftScript?
Dec 01, 2012

Anyone out there ever work for or are working for SoftScript?  Pros/cons? ...

Anyone Currently Working At Softscript, Have They Gotten Any Better?
Feb 23, 2013

x ...

Anyone Working For TransTech Care To Share Your Experience,sm
Mar 30, 2011

The VR cannot even understand these ESLs, so I am not understanding why they would be placed in VR.  I mean really, this VR sucks.  It leaves out a lot of easy words that it didn't seem to catch on the English speaking docs also.  I seem to be spending a lot of time typing these ESL VR jobs instead of editing them.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Anyone Working At Transform Care To Share Your Experience
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone working at Transform care to share your experience with this company.  I have never done editing before but I do have about 14 years oncology experience.  Is there enough work?  I would much rather do straight transcription, but it is getting more difficult every week to even find jobs hiring for it.  Also what is their pay scale for doing editing.  Do they have any straight transcription?  Thanks for your help. ...

Working For SoftScript For About 6 Months Now
Apr 30, 2012

I have been working for SoftScript for about 6 months now.  I seriously cannot say enought good things about them.  This is the best company I have ever worked for and believe me I have worked for several transcription companies.  The pay is awesome AND on time.  The system is very easy to use.  The staff is very eager to help with any questions I might have.  If you are looking for a job I would highly recommend that you apply there.  I plan on staying forever. It is a GREAT company to w ...

Is There Anyone Here Who Likes Working For SoftScript
Aug 28, 2012

I have a job interview with them.  Need to hear from those who are satisfied with working there.  I have heard off the negatives.  Are there any positives?  What about bennies, cents per line, incentives.  What type of insurance offere and what are the premiums.  TIA ...