A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

share your experience working at Keystrokes - Carol

Posted: Jan 21, 2013

Would you please share your experience working at Keystrokes.  Is it as bad as posted on here, or are there any "happy" MTs there?  Are you able to work your full shift and get your line counts?  If not, how many different accounts do you have to work on to make enough money to live on?  Are their platforms hard to learn and do you have to switch back and forth on those too?  Do you get raised to 8 cpl as promised?  Thanks for any info you would care to share...appreciate your time.

Check the archives - avoid them - Former Keystroker

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a huge amount of information on KS in the archives. Long story short, this is not a company you want to work for. They will use and abuse you, cut your pay with no notice, take away your benefits, and you'll be begging for work. I worked for Keystrokes for several years and left several months ago after finally getting fed up with the lies and empty promises. I literally starved working there. If you are not family or a personal friend of upper management, you will be treated like dirt and micromanaged to death. I honestly believe that they are going to sell out soon. Trust me, you can do a lot better.

Exactly my experience as well - Not good

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't have said it any better myself. People are leaving Keystrokes in droves and have been for at least the past year. I'm one of them. They have screwed over a lot of really good MTs with all of these new changes. Even people who have been there for a really long time have left. I still feel horrible about the way they treated my lead. She was treated like a slave and was basically expected to be available 24/7. Spare yourself the massive headache and look elsewhere.

heck of a bad ride for me, chicks with clicks and high school all over again. - my account also horrid. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
]

There are many of us that very happy there but do not post because we get bashed. sm - LongTimeKSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work on one account with a back-up account, and I rarely run out of work. The line count is easy to get, and my manager is very nice. I make a decent living, although not as much as 5 years ago when I was on a gross line account. Those were the days, but not around any more at any company that I know of.

A friend of mine started with KS two months ago, and yes she was raised to 8 cpl as promised. She is full time, and I think that all part time pay is 7 cpl. If you are full time, they do the raise.

There are a lot of KS bashers out there, but if you read this board, you know that all of the bigger companies are bashed. Actually, I think most companies on here are bashed. There are lot of angry, bitter transcriptionists out there, more than ever before it seems, so take what they say with a grain of salt.

I'm sure I'll be bashed for this, but I leave for Disneyworld with my grandchildren in two hours, and won't get to see all the fun.

My experience - FormerKS

[ In Reply To ..]
Not a good experience for me. My account was horrible, my supervisor was bad, the pay was lousy. I would look into other places before I chose KS. Good luck!

We do not post negative to be mean - SM - MTBud

[ In Reply To ..]
We post about Keystrokes because of our own experiences, and unfortunately many of us have had a NEGATIVE experience- the long-timers, especially, have really suffered. The new people are promised the moon, but you will run out of work in no time- that is a guarantee. It is just the way it is.

Of course there are some happy at KS still - as at all companies, but I can tell you first-hand that you should not work for KS if you need to 100% solely support yourself, as you will definitely not earn enough (8 cpl raise? Uh no - do not bank on that) and you cannot work over 40 hours regardless of work......

It has nothing to do with mean - tiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Every company has 5 or 10 happy employees. They are usually in management. My mistake in all my years of transcription has not been researching the background of the company I'm going to work for. Who owns them? Where are they located? Where is their headquarters? Who holds the controlling interest? Are they headed in a whole new direction, like a merger or buyout? Is Nuance about to swallow them whole? Forget asking people what they think about working for the company. Research who is running the company, where they are running to, and what they are running from THEN decide if you want to work for them. Just my advice.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Working For TransTech Care To Share Your Experience,sm
Mar 30, 2011

The VR cannot even understand these ESLs, so I am not understanding why they would be placed in VR.  I mean really, this VR sucks.  It leaves out a lot of easy words that it didn't seem to catch on the English speaking docs also.  I seem to be spending a lot of time typing these ESL VR jobs instead of editing them.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Anyone Working At Transform Care To Share Your Experience
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone working at Transform care to share your experience with this company.  I have never done editing before but I do have about 14 years oncology experience.  Is there enough work?  I would much rather do straight transcription, but it is getting more difficult every week to even find jobs hiring for it.  Also what is their pay scale for doing editing.  Do they have any straight transcription?  Thanks for your help. ...

Anyone Want To Share Their Triton Experience? Sm
Oct 18, 2010

Going to be working for Amphion and using Triton.  Anyone willing to share what it is like?  Do I need to get an expander such as SH or IT?     ...

Anyone Care To Share Your Experience With
Jan 29, 2014

nm ...

Are There Any Transcenders Willing To Share Their Positive Experience?
Jan 29, 2010

Maybe I'm the eternal optimist.  My eyes are wide open, and I've been through previous crappy merger.  Maybe The Worst Case will indeed happen.  I guess it's like MQ, the ship of misery where everyone (including me) stayed and stayed and stayed for numerous reasons.  I finally got off only to find a few yrs later a new merger with Transcend.  BTW, the number I  heard on conferences was that with MDI-MD, Transcend was now with 1200 MLS/TLs.  Just ...

Anyone Care To Share Their Experience With TransPortal
Jul 13, 2011

. ...

Can Anyone Share Their Experience With Amphion, Good Or Bad?
Mar 30, 2013

Xxx ...

Anyone Care To Share Experience With SmartMed, Archives
Jun 11, 2012

TIA ...

Advice-Mixed Reviews On Transcend And Nuance, Anyone Care To Share Their Experience??
Oct 23, 2011

I am looking for a FT job with benefits and steady work.  I am considering applying to these 2 companies so I am hoping some will share their experiences good and bad so I can have something to compare to.  I currently am working on eScription through a local hospital as an IC so I wanted to apply at companies that I knew had eScription as I feel I am most productive on this platform. ...

Anyone Care To Share How Working For The NE Region Is?
Dec 09, 2009

Scheduled to start training soon. ...

Keystrokes / Meditech Experience
Sep 18, 2012

Even though I meed all other requirements and would be thrilled to get my foot in the door at Keystrokes, is "must have Meditech experience" a deal breaker for them? ...

Experience Working For This Company?
Dec 29, 2009

Does anyone have experience working for this company? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Experience Working For Encompass
Mar 10, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has experience working for Encompass.  They sound like they are great to work for. I have experience and they indicated an interest in hiring me, but can't seem to reconnect.  Makes me wonder how responsive they are once you are hired.  Any info about company would be helpful. Thanks ...

Anyone With Experience Working For NetMed?
May 20, 2011

Anyone with experience working for NetMed please let me know how they are to work for.  Do they have enough work, cpl rate, ESL percentage.  Do they hire IC status?  Thanks for any info you care to share. ...

Experience In Working With Lee Perfect?
Aug 06, 2014

Does anybody have any experience in working with Lee Perfect? ...

Anybody LIKE Working At Keystrokes?
Jul 21, 2011

Is it all gloom and doom? ...

I Really Like Working At Keystrokes.
Sep 01, 2011

I thoroughly enjoy my job and the people I work with. Have a great day :) ...

Anyone Working For Keystrokes?
Sep 25, 2012

Just need to know your opinions on this company. ...

Current Experience Working For Softscript
Jul 10, 2012

Anyone out there have current experience working for Softscript? Are they good, bad, or indifferent? ...

Working For Nuance: A Truly Kafkaesque Experience!
May 06, 2015

If you doubt me, see the "Urban Dictionary" definition.  It's about as good as any that I have seen:   http://tinyurl.com/28rqen4 After working for far too long for a smaller MTSO, which was aquired by Nuance and which also treated its workers like dirt, and coming to this company, I begin to wonder if this is just the state of affairs in Health Information Services or just employment in the United States generally.  Trying to get and keep a decently paying job just seems l ...

Current Experience Working At Chase In Chartnet?
Jul 07, 2011

Years ago I worked for a company that used Chartnet and loved it.  I am wondering if anyone reading this has any current experience with Chase using Chartnet?  I'm wondering if it is still a good platform and how the company is to work for.  Any input will be appreciated. ...

Anyone Working For Keystrokes Get Paid Today? Nm
Feb 04, 2013

. ...

Anyone Working At Keystrokes Doing These Echo Reports
Mar 03, 2015

that we have to key in all this information from the work sheet into the report?  I hate these things.  It takes forever to get through them, and please don't let me make a mistake because then I'm having to scrutinize the thing to make sure I'm back on target with the right number.  A lot of time being spent on a job that took only minutes to type.  I had to vent about it to somebody and wondering if anybody else feels the same way about them.  ...

Anybody Have Experience Working For Integrated Document Solutions In Ft. Lauderdale, FL?
Jul 29, 2010

I am trying to get some information on anyone who has experience working with IDS, pros or cons. ...

My Letter To Michelle Obama About My Experience With MT Work, Or More Specifically, Working For A Na
Apr 06, 2010

I think I have figured out an excellent strategic way to approach writing this letter.  My objective is to GET IT READ.  Guided by my intuition, I put some ideas down in a beginning document on my computer --- as as I did so --- other ideas began to float through my mind.  I wound up with something which I think is a very good strategy.  I am not going to say what it is.  I'm just saying that I feel QUITE GOOD about this way of presenting "the story."  Once I ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

If You're Willing To Share...
May 22, 2012

I'm interested in figuring out the average VR lines per day an MT can average with M*M as well as how many straight typing lines you get per day.  I know this is dependent on a lot of different factors like account and the skill of the MT but, if you are willing to share, I would love for people to post how many lines per day you average on VR and straight typing. Recently someone here mentioned that the top producers in their region were producing 1200 VR lines per day.  I would ...

Have To Share...
Sep 19, 2012

This job was 1561s and very likely could have been done in about 200s.    Dictated:  Eyes:  Upper case p.m. Casey upper case are case are upper case L.  Place a; of ACE upper case place M intact; Transcribed Eyes:  PERRLA, OEM intact.  The WHOLE job was dictated thusly, bear in mind he did not skip a comma, period, semi-colon, colon, dash, hyphen or slash throughout the whole thing.  Spent quite a bit of time removing colons and periods.  It was ...

MEDQUISTS GIVES $4.70 PER SHARE
Oct 01, 2010

While we make less and less, Medquist and its stockholders fiddle while our Rome burns. ...

Got Some Gratitude To Share
Apr 06, 2011

I am grateful to have a job today.  I am grateful that work is available on that job.  I am grateful that it pays well.  I am just grateful.  It may not always be like that, but the majority of the time I have work, and can make money to pay my bills.  Not alot of people can say that.  Not to mention when I am sick like I am now, I can work in the comfort of my own home.  That in itself is a blessing!  I wish this for all of us.  Anybody else with gra ...