A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Maybe we can get Obama on board... - poorhouse

Posted: Dec 05, 2013

Since the gov's all about obamacare nowadays and HIPAA and whatnot, maybe the US MTs need some sort of special interest group to storm Capitol Hill and demand a consistent style for healtcare documents...a certain way to do HPs, OP notes, summaries, consults, ad nauseum...hey, the buzz word these days is interoperability, right?  I just cannot fathom why or how these facilities and physicians within them get their way all the freaking time.  If the gov would attach format templates across the board for healthcare facilities to monetary incentives they wouldn't hesitate to enforce that!  I kinda thought that was what HL7 was all about, to make these documents work in the EHR.  I don't understand why we can't have set headings (and not a blue million that show up in Fluckency) and then space for unstructured data (dictation).  I mean, seriously, how does it change the integrity of a document or patient care if a doc says "Reason for Consult" and the only heading choice is "Reason for Consultation"???  There is no need for 6 similar headings that all mean the same damn thing.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh....I'm just waiting on my retirement funds to start something new.  Ha....when I told the HR people at my old job that I was not rolling it over, her jaw hit the floor.

Plus, I'm just doing this for the health insurance right now.  At least we qualify for free/reduced school lunches! wooooo!

ADHI is supposed to be doing this for us. - totally abandoned

[ In Reply To ..]
They do not give a heck about us and are only interested in their own little ego trip.

come to think of it - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't heard AHDI doing any stumping on the Hill in some time. And, if they do, it's about something totally out of line with what's going on with the working poor. I'm a CHDS, btw. Only keep it up to get that extra bit on my cpl.

I was in a ranting rage last evening after clocking out. After some sleep, I realized who the hell would regulate something like this? Actually, the gov could create the templates with headings and release them to facilities; they could keep track of who they handed them out to and then dispense incentives. Of course, like HIPAA, if there was a breach of a facility not using the templated reports, then there'd be fines. I also remembered that HL7 covers the report types. They should've been more future-sighted and included headings along with the report types. There'd be a learning curve for physicians (whoop-dee-do) but eventually they'd all figure out that allergies come after HPI, then meds, then blah blah blah, so they could scan the report quickly for what they needed to know and get on with patient care. These reports I type now, it's a wonder anyone can find anything on them...they're all such a jumbled mess.

Similar Messages:

Obama
Oct 26, 2011

We are ALL upset with our transcription jobs.  Whoever this is acting like a 2 year old in these posts needs to grow up.  ...

LETTER TO OBAMA
Oct 26, 2011

Did you happen to read the letter to Obama written by a transcriptionist when first logging on to MTStars?  I think it is VERY well said, and we should send a similar one to him.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  I am seriously considering quitting as I am sure MT's jobs will be obsolete very soon.  However, now I am debating whether to stick it out here until the end and hope for either a severance pay or unemployment.  My CCM was MORE THAN HAPPY to off ...

Will Obama's New Employment Law Affect MQ?
Jul 24, 2010

It has to do with requiring employers to reveal employees' salaries regarding sex, race and national origin of employees.  Will this mean MQ will have to pay the Indians more?  How about paying us more fairly?  Any thoughts on this? ...

President Obama In India
Nov 08, 2010

While President Obama is touring India, I sure hope he finds our jobs, loads them onto Air Force One, and brings them back to us...along with the wages that we once earned.  Instead though, we'll probably just get T-shirts (made in China) that say "I are a global MT." ...

Obama Care, Our Health Ins.
Oct 15, 2012

Has "Obama care" gone into effect??? I am part time. Does the company have to offer me health insurance that I pay for?? anyone up on this??? ...

Did You Hear Obama's Speech MQ Corporate.
Jan 27, 2010

Did you hear?  No tax relief to any American company who sends work overseas.  IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! I believe the republicans and democrats stood up for that statement!!! ...

Obama Health Care And The Transcriptionist Perfession
Oct 17, 2010

I am just wondering how it is assumed that the Obama Health Care Bill will affect the medical transcription profession.   ...

Obama Is Really Pushing Electronic Medical Records
Jul 30, 2011

I have heard and read that Obama is really pushing the EMR, and by the year 2014, he wants all hospitals/clinics to implement this or else be taxed. He also is supposed to be offering grants and incentives if they do also. So any hospital or physician office that doesn't will be taxed more and will not get incentives, grants, etc. So I think most will try it cause they don't want more taxes and want the incentives, etc. So where does that leave us? If you work for a hospital, what ...

Obama Adminstration Uses Coercion To Encourage Outsourcing
Sep 01, 2011

Gibson Guitars, accused of using illegally imported wood, a claim that Gibson refutes and for which the company has filed documentation to the contrary,  has now been told that their problems "would go away" if they used labor in Madagascar.  http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/sep/1/picket-gibson-guitar-ceo-obama-admin-told-us-our-p/ For those of you brave enough to access this site...you can hear an account of the entire debacle from the lips of Gibson CEO directly ...

Obama Petition - It Worked For Student Loans, So Why Not Us?
Oct 27, 2011

Here is what I put in this petition - I tried not to make it specific to MT, as there are more jobs that need to come back than just ours.  Stop the overseas off-shoring of American jobs - at least stop those that contain personal information. (this is the title to search for at "we the people" if the link does not post)Stop the overseas off-shoring of American Jobs will keep American Jobs in American, will keep American money in America. Once that money leaves it will n ...

My Letter To Michelle Obama About My Experience With MT Work, Or More Specifically, Working For A Na
Apr 06, 2010

I think I have figured out an excellent strategic way to approach writing this letter.  My objective is to GET IT READ.  Guided by my intuition, I put some ideas down in a beginning document on my computer --- as as I did so --- other ideas began to float through my mind.  I wound up with something which I think is a very good strategy.  I am not going to say what it is.  I'm just saying that I feel QUITE GOOD about this way of presenting "the story."  Once I ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

Capitalization - Is It.. Board Certified Or Board Certified ?
Mar 08, 2011

is it.. Board Certified or board certified ? ...

New Board!
Oct 13, 2009

Sad we have to have a board to address this!  I don't think anything is going to change no matter how much we complain.  Making money is every MTSOS bottom line.....  Transcription services are just following everyone else to India, etc.  ...

What Board?
Nov 17, 2009

I was looking at a board last night, don't remember which one, but it was here.  There was a link to another job board, not MT Jobs.  I need to now what it was.  If anybody knows, please let me know.  Thanks. ...

Key Board
Jan 29, 2012

Has anyone found a decent keyboard to use with the new computer.  I hate this one.  I cannot feel the keys, because they are as flat as a pancake (if not flatter).  I want to go out and buy one, but don't know what would be compatible....another Del keyboard?  Please help. ...

I'm Not Sure If This Is The Right Board, But It Is
Jan 14, 2013

It is so very frustrating!  I type for a wound care clinic, and, of course, a great deal of the patients there are diabetic, as am I.  About a year ago I learned from my diabetic teacher that a local supermarket chain pharmacy offers all diabetic supplies and meds for free, whether you are insured or not.   At least once every couple of weeks I type a note in which the doctor says the patient hasn't been able to afford his/her diabetes medication or insulin, and they seem to ...

Well You Would Think That MTs On This Board
Jan 18, 2014

would appreciate updates of warnings, but I guess not. I will not post here again to warn anyone of anything. Sick of being trolled! ...

I Think TTS Should Have Own Board. Nm
Jun 30, 2014

nm ...

What's Up With This Ad On Another Board For OB
Jan 29, 2015

You see it periodically, OB, radiology, and something else but it's pretty clear the work will be OB.  The test consists of 3 files (getting this from the ad) and you should finish it in less than 2 hours.  3 files?  How long are the files?  So, my real question is (the other two were thiinking out loud), does this ad get run periodically to clear out the backlog or is it really a legit job and why does it come up so often?  It's not the exact same ad everytime ...

HOW DO YOU SEARCH ON THIS BOARD NOW
Oct 16, 2009

How do you search now on this new board?   ...

VR Board- Moderator
Oct 19, 2009

I was able to get to the VR board only once and cannot get back. When I go that particular board nothing comes up now whereas it did at first. ...

How To Do A Search On This Board??
Oct 22, 2009

Hi, I'm still trying to get accustomed to this interface.  I can't find the search feature...? Is it staring me right in the face? Thanks! ...

New MTs Board -- ALL READ
Oct 25, 2009

This particular board, the New MTs board, is devoted to assisting the newcomers to this profession.  It is here as a help, an assistance, a way to advise and mentor newbies.  It is NOT a place to slam, discourage, handslap or pick fights between newbies and experienced MTs.  We are not going to have an ongoing war or scuffles between the experienced MTs and the newbies or vice versa in regard to who should or should not be in this industry, who does a better job, who knows more, ...

This Board Postings
Dec 01, 2009

I have been reading all of the posts especially the ones about grammar.  Maybe I have not finished transcription school or even paid my dues as a seasoned "elder" (I hate that phrase--not being in my 20s myself), but I was one of the 70,000 that was laid off on black Monday back in January 2009.  I was looking for a career that would (I thought) not be hurt by the economy as severely.  I very much appreciate any advice my "more experienced" friends can give.  Even with m ...

Negative Board
Jan 01, 2010

This is a very negative board.  I see misery loves company.  If you hate your life and your job, what are you doing here?  Oh, maybe thats why you are here.  Nothing to do but P and Moan? MTStars?  Doesnt look like it.    This board needs more positive people. ...

Look Out For More New MT's Coming On Board.
Jan 29, 2010

Obama announced a new tax break for every new employee hired will get a 5,000 tax break and up to 500,000 total for each company who hires new employees.  My congressman is going to hear from tomrrow when I call his office.  You all know how MQ loves to hire new employees and I sure hope they do not plan on getting rid of us old ones and if they do?  I see ANOTHER lawsuit coming called age discrimination.  ...

Transcend Board
Feb 03, 2010

This might be a crazy question, but isn't Transcend big enough/has enough traffic on the Company Board that it would rate it's own board, like Medquist? ...