A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Working for Nuance: A Truly Kafkaesque Experience! - Will

Posted: May 06, 2015

If you doubt me, see the "Urban Dictionary" definition.  It's about as good as any that I have seen:  

http://tinyurl.com/28rqen4

After working for far too long for a smaller MTSO, which was aquired by Nuance and which also treated its workers like dirt, and coming to this company, I begin to wonder if this is just the state of affairs in Health Information Services or just employment in the United States generally.  Trying to get and keep a decently paying job just seems like an act of futility these days!

I have heard Europeans, especially Scandanavians, call Americans "poor bas****s" and sometimes I believe they are right.  It's so disheartening.  It seems like no one, especially not the Republicans or Democrats, gives a hang about the working people of this country, though we are the ones who make the economy run.  Certainly, the fact that our elected representatives don't care leaves us vulnerable to exploitation and other abuses.  Seriously, I sometimes feel at the end of my tether with all of this!

Rant over. 

I bow to your advanced vocabulary!! nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sorry - Kim

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them in the past, worst choice I ever made. Sadly they bought out the company I had originally been with.

Kafkaesque experience - DJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Have recently gotten into some "conspiracy theory" books and I think there is something to it -- world being run by a shadow government, Republican or Democratic president, no matter -- the globalists are running the world and keeping us all down. Get those people out of the streets of Calcutta and give them a nice 1 bedroom apartment and a moped and at the same time reduce Americans to a 1 bedroom apartment with a moped. Okay, I'm paranoid, but things are really bad in the American workplace, not just for MTs.

Welcome to the plutocracy. - And we keep giving them tax cuts.

[ In Reply To ..]
When we allow major corporations to get away with paying no taxes while expanding the ranks of the impoverished with what used to be the middle class, we have lost every vestige of decency. Gives new meaning to the real definition of fascism, and we the workers have no chance at all.

Plutocracy - DJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Read "Rise of the Fourth Reich" by Jim Marrs. Slow going at first, but he explains in detailed documentation the infiltration of the Nazis/fascists after WW II into American society and how their ideals have not died, but are alive and well in the good ole USA. He also wrote the book that was the basis of Oliver Stone's movie "Crosshairs" on the Kennedy assassination. Interesting stuff.
Correction - DJ
[ In Reply To ..]
His book was Crossfire, not Crosshairs

Issues - Dotts

[ In Reply To ..]
See my post under "Dump the ad hominem .." post below. This week, I wrote a letter to Senator Bernie Sanders about all the shenanigans by the transcription companies; post name "Dotts" ... hey, at least I am fighting this mess any way I can.

Similar Messages:

Experience Working For This Company?
Dec 29, 2009

Does anyone have experience working for this company? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Experience Working For Encompass
Mar 10, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has experience working for Encompass.  They sound like they are great to work for. I have experience and they indicated an interest in hiring me, but can't seem to reconnect.  Makes me wonder how responsive they are once you are hired.  Any info about company would be helpful. Thanks ...

Anyone With Experience Working For NetMed?
May 20, 2011

Anyone with experience working for NetMed please let me know how they are to work for.  Do they have enough work, cpl rate, ESL percentage.  Do they hire IC status?  Thanks for any info you care to share. ...

Experience In Working With Lee Perfect?
Aug 06, 2014

Does anybody have any experience in working with Lee Perfect? ...

Current Experience Working For Softscript
Jul 10, 2012

Anyone out there have current experience working for Softscript? Are they good, bad, or indifferent? ...

Share Your Experience Working At Keystrokes
Jan 21, 2013

Would you please share your experience working at Keystrokes.  Is it as bad as posted on here, or are there any "happy" MTs there?  Are you able to work your full shift and get your line counts?  If not, how many different accounts do you have to work on to make enough money to live on?  Are their platforms hard to learn and do you have to switch back and forth on those too?  Do you get raised to 8 cpl as promised?  Thanks for any info you would care to share...appreciate your time. ...

Anyone Working For TransTech Care To Share Your Experience,sm
Mar 30, 2011

The VR cannot even understand these ESLs, so I am not understanding why they would be placed in VR.  I mean really, this VR sucks.  It leaves out a lot of easy words that it didn't seem to catch on the English speaking docs also.  I seem to be spending a lot of time typing these ESL VR jobs instead of editing them.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Current Experience Working At Chase In Chartnet?
Jul 07, 2011

Years ago I worked for a company that used Chartnet and loved it.  I am wondering if anyone reading this has any current experience with Chase using Chartnet?  I'm wondering if it is still a good platform and how the company is to work for.  Any input will be appreciated. ...

Anyone Working At Transform Care To Share Your Experience
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone working at Transform care to share your experience with this company.  I have never done editing before but I do have about 14 years oncology experience.  Is there enough work?  I would much rather do straight transcription, but it is getting more difficult every week to even find jobs hiring for it.  Also what is their pay scale for doing editing.  Do they have any straight transcription?  Thanks for your help. ...

Anybody Have Experience Working For Integrated Document Solutions In Ft. Lauderdale, FL?
Jul 29, 2010

I am trying to get some information on anyone who has experience working with IDS, pros or cons. ...

My Letter To Michelle Obama About My Experience With MT Work, Or More Specifically, Working For A Na
Apr 06, 2010

I think I have figured out an excellent strategic way to approach writing this letter.  My objective is to GET IT READ.  Guided by my intuition, I put some ideas down in a beginning document on my computer --- as as I did so --- other ideas began to float through my mind.  I wound up with something which I think is a very good strategy.  I am not going to say what it is.  I'm just saying that I feel QUITE GOOD about this way of presenting "the story."  Once I ...

Anyone With Experience With Nuance As An MT?
Aug 25, 2011

I see an ad for them and need a part-time job.  Call comments appreciated. ...

My Nuance Experience
Jul 04, 2013

Happy 4th! I too am OOW, although I expected it to be that way. I took a PT position at Nuance back in February after we sold our home, got a rental, then bought a short sale. Having a fixer-upper, a mortgage and a rent payment, I needed some supplemental income. I've been an MT since 1996. Jumped in, no school, no certification. Bought an Olympus transcriber (cassette) and a Taber's. My first client was a general who saw 60+ patients a day. Paid me 8 cpl and trained me. Mov ...

No Matter What Your Experience, Nuance Will NOT Pay More Than
Jul 24, 2012

would like to make a lateral move away from Mmodal and their Big Brother schedule and time clock, but I make 9 cpl and would at least like to keep that with 40% less for VR.  Anybody been successful in negotiating a lateral move with same pay? ...

Has Anyone Ever Had A GOOD Experience With Nuance
Feb 18, 2015

Please let me know ...

Advice-Mixed Reviews On Transcend And Nuance, Anyone Care To Share Their Experience??
Oct 23, 2011

I am looking for a FT job with benefits and steady work.  I am considering applying to these 2 companies so I am hoping some will share their experiences good and bad so I can have something to compare to.  I currently am working on eScription through a local hospital as an IC so I wanted to apply at companies that I knew had eScription as I feel I am most productive on this platform. ...

Working For Nuance???
Jun 06, 2012

I have been out of transcription for roughly 2-1/2 years but need to get back to work.  I am going back to school to get some add'l training this fall but in the meantime need a job.   They are recruiting right now and wondered if someone could tell me something about being an at-home transcriptionist for them?? Any info would be greatly appreciated; thanks!!!!   ...

Anyone Working For Nuance And Liking It???
May 02, 2011

So I hear a lot about how there is no work at Nuance now because they are over hiring and that they are a "nightmare" to work for. Is there anyone working there now that likes it and isn't having any problems?  ...

Any Positives Working For Nuance?
Mar 29, 2013

Is there anything positive about working for Nuance?  What's it like working on the eScription and Dictaphone ExText platforms?  What are your average line counts on those platforms?  I can average 400+ lph working on a clinic account, but I get to use lots of word expanders and templates, it's all straight typing as well.  I read somewhere they just made cuts in pay, was that across the board and how much of a cut was it?  I read that they start out at 4 ...

Still Working For Nuance, Nobody Else Will Hire Me
Nov 07, 2013

and I don't know why.  I have always been able to see an ad, respond to it, and have the job and the schedule I wanted now I'm not even getting responses to resumes and I'm wondering if it's because I'm so close to retirement.  I haven't worked that many places that it looks like I'm job jumping so I can't think of anything else and I'm getting a little nervous.  I need a second job really bad! ...

I Have Come To This Conclusion After Working At Nuance.
Feb 09, 2015

Since they constantly bounce us back and forth, forcing us to choose between production and quality, which have you chosen? Or aren't you there yet? I have chosen quality. At least for the moment. I think I'm getting just as whacko as they are. Signed, Present MUP Collector ...

Working For Nuance Transcription
Mar 25, 2015

Whoever is even thinking of trying to work for Nuance Transcription, should think again!  They are always running out of work and pay sucks big time! They have a new pay system where you are docked for almost everything! You have to meet 99% quality, which is no problem, as you should be meeting that anyway, but then they check your reports, always short ones and if they find an error, especially a major one, that docks your score way down, which in turn docks you pay, plus they then take y ...

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

I Love Working For Nuance And Have Been Around The Block
Sep 25, 2013

I Hate Working For Nuance So Badly.
Oct 16, 2013

I truly just hate ever day that I have to work for them. The days are sooooo long and seem never-ending.  Fifteen years of 99%+ accuracy and now I need a mentor?  Really?  WTH?  Switch me to a new, more difficult account and after 1 week tell me I suck so bad I have to be mentored?  Provide me with no list of physician names or local cities or names of local hospitals and expect my LPH to be up and running at full speed when I spend all my time Googling for info on an ar ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Nuance - WorldClient/email Not Working??
Dec 17, 2013

Anyone else having trouble?  I wanted to email my tsm but i get: Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to mail.nuance-nts.com Did you mean: nuance-­nts.­com ...

Working For Nuance (minimum Wage)
Sep 27, 2014

25 years ago, I had an hourly wage of $11.50 (before I got into transcription), while the minimum wage was $3.35.  So I was making 3x minimum wage. Fast forward to Nuance today, my salary is $7.25, minimum wage.  (BTW, this is my very first minimum wage job of my entire lifetime, back to when I worked as a teenager in the 1970s).  Plus, the medical benefits are awful, and 25 years ago they were good, along with entirely paid by employer. And, Nuance feels the need to employ an a ...

Real Einsteins Working At Nuance!
Sep 30, 2014

What ever bird brain came up with the idea to work OT for PTO is a real gem. I have 6 accounts and have been OOW for going on 2 days now. Thanks, Nuisance, for the pleasure of working for you. ...