A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is there enough work at Nuance, specifically first shift? - sm

Posted: Jul 28, 2011

Recruiter told me they are hiring for all shifts.  So, I picked first shift but before I go ahead and do this just want to make sure there is actually work during the first shift.  After working nights for 7 years, I am afraid of running out of work just because I want first shift!

I am supposed to be working now... - No work

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 3 accounts and I spend the majority of my day clocking in and out. Seems that we are always out of work but the company is constantly hiring. I guess there is lots of work overseas though, because my manager is trying to wrangle some of our account's work back from them...I was actually here looking for a PT IC job to supplement...

You are clocking in and out? sm - PIA

[ In Reply To ..]
Ok, if Burger King says we are slow they send u home; therefore, checking back for work is NOT an option. MT companies expecting us to do this need to be reported so we can be compensated for time spent "checking for work."

enough work - PC

[ In Reply To ..]
I work first shift for Nuance from 12p.m. PST to 6p.m. and RARELY am I ever able to finish an entire 6 hours as there is not enough work. I guess they are really busy on weekends continually but I haven't seen the work on first shifts...good luck. I've been looking for other work, even IC work, just to get more hours and make a decent wage, which I make more on unemployment than I am with Nuance.

Regretting my decision - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just started with Nuance. I was very optimistic that there would be plenty of work, the account I was assigned sounded like it was big and would have plenty of work. So I sign on my first day and NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING. Not even one job.

I think I made a big mistake. I had two other companies offer me jobs and I went with this one because of the schedule. I am feeling very dejected at the moment.

In addition, QA IS HARSH - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am shocked and amazed at the inconsistency of the QA people. One QA will let tiny little words like "the" slide, especially when they are not clearly spoken, while another will count a bunch of them to knock QA score below acceptable limit.

I have done QA for years before deciding I didn't want the headache any more. I will say based on my experience in QA, this sort of QA is overly picky and not helpful to anyone concerned.

I am really wondering if I should have just said No.

Harsh QA - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Depends on your acct and your team lead. Mine is fantastic. She does not nit pick and even credits MT's back for picky errors if you ask her too.

Similar Messages:

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Does Nuance Pay A Shift Differential?
Mar 08, 2012

Wondering about the purchace of Transcend by Nuance and possible pay cuts ...

Nuance 14-hour Day Shift (6A-8P) !!!
May 17, 2015

Forget shift differentials with this joint, too.   Can you imagine being the parent of one of these goons? I'd be so ashamed. ...

Nuance ~ Please Define 3rd Shift!!
Jun 01, 2015

Screwance has a posting listed in MTJobs for a transcriptionist with 1 year of experience; however, under qualifications and requirements, they list 5+ years of recent transcription experience; let's do the math. They also list a $1000 bonus for 3rd shift (8 PM start or later) - another lie since their 3rd shift is 12:01 AM to 5:59 AM. No one ever sees a sign-on bonus; their stipulations are you must qualify for their dishonest metric system that even MTs with 20 years' exper ...

So Long Nuance. Just Worked My Last Shift.
May 14, 2015

It's been real. ...

Ortho Help Please, Knee Specifically
May 20, 2010

Found on MRI:  Localized s/l "roto" patellar cartilage frain  of high-grade chondromalacia   Thanks for any help.  ...

FTPs - Specifically FTPFast.com
Feb 15, 2013

Does anyone have experience with FTPFast.com as a HIPAA compliant file transfer utility?  I need one to use with just one doc to transfer MP3 files and Word docs.  These guys sound great and appear to be very affordable and a pretty simple setup.  I just need some reviews from users before I sign on the dotted line. Thanks to all! ...

Weren't We Specifically Told It Is Ms And Not Ms.
Jan 19, 2015

or is the period after Ms. account specific? ...

My Letter To Michelle Obama About My Experience With MT Work, Or More Specifically, Working For A Na
Apr 06, 2010

I think I have figured out an excellent strategic way to approach writing this letter.  My objective is to GET IT READ.  Guided by my intuition, I put some ideas down in a beginning document on my computer --- as as I did so --- other ideas began to float through my mind.  I wound up with something which I think is a very good strategy.  I am not going to say what it is.  I'm just saying that I feel QUITE GOOD about this way of presenting "the story."  Once I ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

Is Rhoncoarse A Word? Doctor Specifically Saying Rhoncoarse (as In Coarse Rhonchi)
Nov 20, 2010

sentence is:  As above she has (rhoncoarse) inspiratory and expiratory breath sounds throughout our interview.    Doctor is not foreign and speaks very clearly... ...

Possible To Get FT Day Shift?
Oct 18, 2009

Thinking of going back FT and quitting my current day job, but it isn't always easy to get on days.   (I know the work flow tends to be spread out a little thinner day shift.)  ...

QA For 3 Cpl As An IC On 3rd Shift...
Dec 07, 2009

Saw the ad elsewhere.  Are these companies nuts?!  I hope nobody takes that pay.  That's equivalent to 1 cpl as an employee with benes FOR QA WORK!  I get so frustrated reading some of these ads with such horrible pay. ...

Third Shift
Dec 10, 2009

I was wondering if it's really worth it to work the 3rd shift?  Does the additional CPL really make that much of a difference.  Does the workload stay steadier during that time?  I've been offered a 3rd shift part-time job, but just don't know if it's worth revamping my entire day to work this late.  Would anybody working this shift let me know how it works out as far as sleep, daytime errands, etc.? ...

What Is First Shift, Second Shift, Etc.?
Dec 16, 2010

I see job ads for First Shift, Second Shift, etc., and modified shifts, and I am not sure exactly what periods of time these are.   I figure they are specific hours of the day - like day, swing, graveyard shifts - but what are the hours, generally? I have only worked as an IC with TAT.  I am considering applying for some of the employee status jobs but need to clarify what these shifts are. Thank you. ...

One Job On My Shift And OOW
Nov 20, 2012

I thought I just got booted but logged back in no jobs will load so this means OOW.. already.. I just logged on for my shift.. NOT GOOD AND NOT HAPPY!!!! I believe I am in the South region. ...

NJA Now For 2.5 Hrs Of My Shift. Still NJA. Wst
Feb 07, 2013

wage.  this is a dream job! ...

2nd Shift?
May 06, 2013

Would anyone happen to know which company has a 2nd shift besides MModal or Nuance?  I see a lot of ads for 1st or 3rd, but due to family obligations I need 2nd shift.  Straight typing or speech - MT or QA (have done both).  Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. ...

AD For 2nd And 3rd Shift MLS?????
Nov 20, 2013

Has anyone applied for these jobs?  She has had the ad for quite some time I see up there.  Does anyone know the name of the company?  I am looking for something part time, but don't know if I should even bother. ...

Which Do You Think Is The Best Shift
Jan 30, 2014

nm ...

Day Shift Possible Anywhere?
Dec 10, 2014

Totally unhappy with current company, but do love my shift.  Most jobs advertised are for 2nd and 3rd shift.  Anyone know of companies that would hire for very early morning or possible split shifts?  Too old at this time to think about trying night shift, but could do some evenings.  Don't mind weekends at all. Any info helpful.  TIA ...

Second-Shift MTs
Jan 07, 2015

I was just curious if there is any correalation between working 2nd shift and being unable to get to sleep at night? I have been having trouble sleeping lately and wondering if it could be due to the fact that I have been staying on later typing? Wondering if its making it harder for me to sleep because its taking so long for my brain to unwind? Anyone else have this problem? Advice appreciated. Thanks! ...

Pay/shift
Feb 19, 2015

Is there a shift that is better when working with Nuance?   ...

What Is A Split Shift? (nm)
Nov 28, 2009

x ...

Pay For 1 MME Shift With 90% ESL Dictators
Dec 20, 2009

About 1/3 of those 100% QA reports were done by ILPs.  Total average earnings per hour:  a little over 4 $, but  I will be paid at my state's minimum wage.  Before my in-house hospital job was outsourced to an MTSO that kept the work in the country for 2 years and then sent it to India, I was being paid 19 $ an hour and also had great benefits and PTO.   When did this "profession" turn into a minimum wage job ?  (actually, half of minimum wage if ...

Third Shift Employees
Feb 16, 2010

As I am getting no work during the day shift anymore, I have the chance to go third shift Sun-Thursday (11-7), either that or find a new job (yeh right), or do ASR (done it at this company, no thanks to returning there).  I have never worked that one before.  How/when do you sleep?  Any other pros/cons about this shift?  Thaniks your your advice.    ...

Question For Third Shift MTs...
Jun 14, 2010

I have been working third shift for about three months and am still having some trouble getting used to it.  My question is do you work your shift then go to sleep or do you stay up until later in the afternoon and then sleep until your shift starts.  I work a 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. and am trying to find the best way to be able to stay awake during my shift.  I do not drink coffee.  I have tried some of those energy drinks that are sugar free, which helped some, just now wond ...

Third Day In A Row Logging In For My Shift
Aug 25, 2010

I am in old SA3.  Is this happening elsewhere? ...