A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Obama health care and the transcriptionist perfession - hb

Posted: Oct 17, 2010

I am just wondering how it is assumed that the Obama Health Care Bill will affect the medical transcription profession.  

Similar Messages:

Obama Care, Our Health Ins.
Oct 15, 2012

Has "Obama care" gone into effect??? I am part time. Does the company have to offer me health insurance that I pay for?? anyone up on this??? ...

Could Anyone Who Has An HRA (health Reimbursement Arrangement) Type Of Health Care
May 04, 2010

tell me how that works?  I know the insurance premiums are less than a regular health plan.  If your  company puts 500 in your account, does that mean the first few times, for example, until you use up the 500, you don't pay ANYTHING or is it the opposite...you pay the entire office visit cost until you reach that 500?  I would be so grateful for any information about this type of plan.  TIA ...

Health Insurance For Medical Transcriptionist
Oct 28, 2009

I was wondering for all of you MTs who work full-time from home, what health insurance does your company provide you and your family with and how much do you pay out of pocket? I work for a company (will not mention the name) and pay $62 per pay period (for just me) which I didn't think was so bad - BUT i just found out I have a $3500 calender year deducible and will have to pay 35% of hospital fees if admitted (which I will be in 2010). So besides paying the $62 monthly, I will be paying $ ...

Health Insurance For Self-employed Medical Transcriptionist
Feb 18, 2011

My husband is 6 years old than I am and retiring and starting Medicare in couple months.  I have always been on his insurance.  Anyone have any good leads to health insurance for us self-employed types.  Thanks. ...

Radiology Transcriptionist Needing To Learn Acute Care???
Sep 22, 2013

I've been a radiology transcriptionist for over 16 years, but I want to know how I could learn acute care?  There are so many job openings for transcriptionists with acute care experience, but I have only 1-2 months worth.  Are there any places out there that might hire me and help train me in acute care?  Any ideas?  Help! Thank you in advance for your help.  Steph ...

I Wonder What This Health Care Reform Will Do
Mar 23, 2010

I pay very little attention to what Washington does, but I have to wonder if this new health care reform that dear old Obama has finally pushed through is going to affect our jobs and pay rate.  My husband gets good insurance through UPS, and he says that it will make his insurance less because according to this bill, everyone gets the same coverage.  At least that's how he explained it. So is this going to cost doctors and hospitals money, and if it does, is that going to make t ...

Ascend Health Care
May 11, 2010

Has anyone worked or works for Ascend Health Care. Our local hospital just entered into a three year contract with them with an anticipated 52 million lines for the life of the contract. I had applied at the hospital but they were not hiring and i guess that was the reason why. ...

Health Care Management Or IT?
Aug 17, 2010

I'm going back to school to get out of transcription. I currently do QA. I have a 2-year degree in health information technology and am trying to figure out whether to go get a Bachelor's in information technology and health informatics or go for a business degree with a healthcare management emphasis.  I know electronic records are taking over and health informatics is a growing field. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know with IT I'd need to keep up a bunch of certificat ...

New Health Care Laws
Oct 05, 2010

With the new health care laws in the next 2 years, will IC become obsolete?  Won't these transcription companies be forced to provide health benefits and forced to have employees?  Or will they still be allowed to just hire us as IC's? ...

Meridian Health Care
Apr 19, 2011

Anyone have info on this company?  I couldl sure use some input good or bad.  Thanks so much! ...

Health Care Benefits -- HA!
Apr 26, 2011

First I had to switch from Kaiser last year and now the new doctor I found with United Healthcare is OUT OF NETWORK and the new and only coverage sucks.  I guess it is time to go.  Any good company's out there with decent insurance?  This is pitiful. ...

MModal Health Care
Oct 29, 2013

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.  10/16/2013:  Paraphrasing:  Keep employee premiums, plan and deductibles the same, except the spousal charge  (didn't say would keep same company - stupid me for assuming so).  10/29/2013:  Pharaphrasing:  New healthcare administrator which consolidates...supposedly everything our previous plan had.... premiums, deductibles, etc., to remain same (then why change it, and will the coverage still b ...

Health Care Employment Numbers Keep Going Up
Mar 09, 2012

Department of Labor statistics for February 2012: Health care and social assistance employment rose by 61,000 over the month. Within health care, ambulatory care services added 28,000 jobs, and hospital employment increased by 15,000. Over the past 12 months, health care employment has risen by 360,000. ...

Ascend Health Care - Payment
Apr 09, 2014

Has anyone who was hired on at Ascend/Portal Health Care LLC during the last hiring received their payment for Phase I?  I am beyond outraged right now; just told that I will have to wait until after the 15th  for my first payment to be processed b/c processing ended on March 20th despite repeated emails being sent out by payroll stating that submission after the 20th wouldn't affect the schedule of payment.  Not to mention, I submitted my invoice twice and asked for re ...

I Wonder How The New Health Care Bill Will Affect Our Jobs?
Nov 08, 2009

I.e., how will Medquist use the new bill to their benefit? ...

Article - Health Care Law Prohibits Data
Jun 27, 2010

Moderate, please don't move this to offshore board. It needs to be seen by more people. Exerpt: "The new law imposes limits on outsourcing by American insurance companies and medical service providers. In addition, several categories of data are prohibited from flowing offshore. As a result, many Indian outsourcing firms have begun setting up shop in the United States. America’s outsourcers are now outsourcing back to America." Link to article: http://medicaltourismmag.com/news_ar ...

Haven't You All Noticed How Our Health Care Bills Have Gone Down Since
Aug 05, 2011

cutting the throats of MTs.  LOL ...

Health Care Employment Up 315,000 Jobs 2011
Jan 06, 2012

New job figures out today: Health care continued to add jobs in December (+23,000); employment in hospitals increased by 10,000. Over the year, health care employment has risen by 315,000. Any increase in health care employment is good for MTs. ...

So... Who Has Heard From Their Employer About The Affordable Health Care Act?
Sep 28, 2013

I got an email a few days ago plainly stating that my employer would not be offering health insurance to its employees, and also providing specific information regarding how I could access the "marketplace" for insurance.  Anybody else? 3 days till October 1st, lol! ...

Staying In Health Care And Am Especially Interested In Home Healthcare
Jul 06, 2012

I am looking into what field of study to take up. I am thinking about staying in Health Care and am especially interested in home health care. I was wondering if anyone knows personally if there are demands for: Physical Therapist assistant - with Associated degree Occupational assistant- with Associates degree Has anyone heard of Speech/language pathologist assistant? I think this will require too much schooling but I have heard there is a big demand in health care and schools. I al ...

General Office Clerk, Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, Richmond, IN
Jun 28, 2014

Thought the suits might be interested to see "comparable wages" in my neck of the woods. Preferred familiarity with medical terminology. Demonstrates courtesy, attitude, respect and enthusiasm (C.A.R.E.) in all interactions.... $11.72 - $13.46 an hour Owing to disability and not being able to dig my car out of the driveway every day in winter, I cannot even apply for this. Boy, sure would be nice to earn a living like this on a daily, steady, hourly basis (working with nice people every day). ...

Obama
Oct 26, 2011

We are ALL upset with our transcription jobs.  Whoever this is acting like a 2 year old in these posts needs to grow up.  ...

LETTER TO OBAMA
Oct 26, 2011

Did you happen to read the letter to Obama written by a transcriptionist when first logging on to MTStars?  I think it is VERY well said, and we should send a similar one to him.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  I am seriously considering quitting as I am sure MT's jobs will be obsolete very soon.  However, now I am debating whether to stick it out here until the end and hope for either a severance pay or unemployment.  My CCM was MORE THAN HAPPY to off ...

Maybe We Can Get Obama On Board...
Dec 05, 2013

Since the gov's all about obamacare nowadays and HIPAA and whatnot, maybe the US MTs need some sort of special interest group to storm Capitol Hill and demand a consistent style for healtcare documents...a certain way to do HPs, OP notes, summaries, consults, ad nauseum...hey, the buzz word these days is interoperability, right?  I just cannot fathom why or how these facilities and physicians within them get their way all the freaking time.  If the gov would attach format template ...

Will Obama's New Employment Law Affect MQ?
Jul 24, 2010

It has to do with requiring employers to reveal employees' salaries regarding sex, race and national origin of employees.  Will this mean MQ will have to pay the Indians more?  How about paying us more fairly?  Any thoughts on this? ...

President Obama In India
Nov 08, 2010

While President Obama is touring India, I sure hope he finds our jobs, loads them onto Air Force One, and brings them back to us...along with the wages that we once earned.  Instead though, we'll probably just get T-shirts (made in China) that say "I are a global MT." ...

Did You Hear Obama's Speech MQ Corporate.
Jan 27, 2010

Did you hear?  No tax relief to any American company who sends work overseas.  IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! I believe the republicans and democrats stood up for that statement!!! ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

Obama Is Really Pushing Electronic Medical Records
Jul 30, 2011

I have heard and read that Obama is really pushing the EMR, and by the year 2014, he wants all hospitals/clinics to implement this or else be taxed. He also is supposed to be offering grants and incentives if they do also. So any hospital or physician office that doesn't will be taxed more and will not get incentives, grants, etc. So I think most will try it cause they don't want more taxes and want the incentives, etc. So where does that leave us? If you work for a hospital, what ...

Obama Adminstration Uses Coercion To Encourage Outsourcing
Sep 01, 2011

Gibson Guitars, accused of using illegally imported wood, a claim that Gibson refutes and for which the company has filed documentation to the contrary,  has now been told that their problems "would go away" if they used labor in Madagascar.  http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/sep/1/picket-gibson-guitar-ceo-obama-admin-told-us-our-p/ For those of you brave enough to access this site...you can hear an account of the entire debacle from the lips of Gibson CEO directly ...