A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Will Obama's new employment law affect MQ? - Show me the light

Posted: Jul 24, 2010

It has to do with requiring employers to reveal employees' salaries regarding sex, race and national origin of employees.  Will this mean MQ will have to pay the Indians more?  How about paying us more fairly?  Any thoughts on this?

Im sure theyll find a way around it, like they do - with all other US labor laws. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Similar Messages:

Obama
Oct 26, 2011

We are ALL upset with our transcription jobs.  Whoever this is acting like a 2 year old in these posts needs to grow up.  ...

LETTER TO OBAMA
Oct 26, 2011

Did you happen to read the letter to Obama written by a transcriptionist when first logging on to MTStars?  I think it is VERY well said, and we should send a similar one to him.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  I am seriously considering quitting as I am sure MT's jobs will be obsolete very soon.  However, now I am debating whether to stick it out here until the end and hope for either a severance pay or unemployment.  My CCM was MORE THAN HAPPY to off ...

Maybe We Can Get Obama On Board...
Dec 05, 2013

Since the gov's all about obamacare nowadays and HIPAA and whatnot, maybe the US MTs need some sort of special interest group to storm Capitol Hill and demand a consistent style for healtcare documents...a certain way to do HPs, OP notes, summaries, consults, ad nauseum...hey, the buzz word these days is interoperability, right?  I just cannot fathom why or how these facilities and physicians within them get their way all the freaking time.  If the gov would attach format template ...

President Obama In India
Nov 08, 2010

While President Obama is touring India, I sure hope he finds our jobs, loads them onto Air Force One, and brings them back to us...along with the wages that we once earned.  Instead though, we'll probably just get T-shirts (made in China) that say "I are a global MT." ...

Obama Care, Our Health Ins.
Oct 15, 2012

Has "Obama care" gone into effect??? I am part time. Does the company have to offer me health insurance that I pay for?? anyone up on this??? ...

Did You Hear Obama's Speech MQ Corporate.
Jan 27, 2010

Did you hear?  No tax relief to any American company who sends work overseas.  IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! I believe the republicans and democrats stood up for that statement!!! ...

Obama Health Care And The Transcriptionist Perfession
Oct 17, 2010

I am just wondering how it is assumed that the Obama Health Care Bill will affect the medical transcription profession.   ...

Obama Is Really Pushing Electronic Medical Records
Jul 30, 2011

I have heard and read that Obama is really pushing the EMR, and by the year 2014, he wants all hospitals/clinics to implement this or else be taxed. He also is supposed to be offering grants and incentives if they do also. So any hospital or physician office that doesn't will be taxed more and will not get incentives, grants, etc. So I think most will try it cause they don't want more taxes and want the incentives, etc. So where does that leave us? If you work for a hospital, what ...

Obama Adminstration Uses Coercion To Encourage Outsourcing
Sep 01, 2011

Gibson Guitars, accused of using illegally imported wood, a claim that Gibson refutes and for which the company has filed documentation to the contrary,  has now been told that their problems "would go away" if they used labor in Madagascar.  http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/sep/1/picket-gibson-guitar-ceo-obama-admin-told-us-our-p/ For those of you brave enough to access this site...you can hear an account of the entire debacle from the lips of Gibson CEO directly ...

Obama Petition - It Worked For Student Loans, So Why Not Us?
Oct 27, 2011

Here is what I put in this petition - I tried not to make it specific to MT, as there are more jobs that need to come back than just ours.  Stop the overseas off-shoring of American jobs - at least stop those that contain personal information. (this is the title to search for at "we the people" if the link does not post)Stop the overseas off-shoring of American Jobs will keep American Jobs in American, will keep American money in America. Once that money leaves it will n ...

My Letter To Michelle Obama About My Experience With MT Work, Or More Specifically, Working For A Na
Apr 06, 2010

I think I have figured out an excellent strategic way to approach writing this letter.  My objective is to GET IT READ.  Guided by my intuition, I put some ideas down in a beginning document on my computer --- as as I did so --- other ideas began to float through my mind.  I wound up with something which I think is a very good strategy.  I am not going to say what it is.  I'm just saying that I feel QUITE GOOD about this way of presenting "the story."  Once I ...

Affect And ?? Appear Appropriate
Jul 22, 2010

"Gait and coordination are intact.  Affect and ----- appear appropriate."  Almost sounds like "episode."  Part of a regular physical examination. You can tell I've been stuck on Ortho for a year, because I've forgotten how to do physical examinations.  Ugh. ...

Effect Or Affect?
Nov 11, 2009

1) The patient will be given medication to effect bowel movement prior to discharge today.   OR--   2) The patient will be given medication to affect bowel movement prior to discharge today. ...

Affect Vs Effect ?
Nov 24, 2009

Just finishing up the night shift and want to go to bed and let the Sudafed take me away.  I'm thinking it's affect (the noun), but just want some input to be sure (overtired paranoia setting in).  Of course, this is the last note of the night too.  If I weren't tired, I know I wouldn't be doubting myself.  I have given her a note to that affect. - or - I have given her a note to that effect. Thanks! ...

Side Affect
Dec 21, 2009

She has severe arthritis in the hips which is chronic and was attributed to previous use of steroids and due to cause (divedious). What could this word be? Does anyone know? ...

Affect/Effect
Jun 10, 2010

The doc I work for frequently says "and he will increase the dosage until he experiences exessive side effects or good affect." I know the first "side effects" is correct, but I believe the later he means "good effect" and he just says it incorrectly, but I question myself each time. Is there anyone who can clarify this for me? I am most appreciative! ...

Affect And Effect
Oct 08, 2010

Significant artifact affecting the resting phase of the study. Is this correct or should it be effecting?  This is not a test. It is an actual report I am doing this morning.  My mind is shot. ...

Affect Or Effect
Apr 05, 2011

Is there an easy way to know if you should use affect or effect? ...

Affect Vs. Effect
Feb 11, 2012

I have been an MT for years and years and years (not telling my age haha) but I still to this day have the hardest time with affect versus effect...anyone have any genious tips on which to use when would be greatly appreciated??? For instance:  It is hard to determine what affect/effect the medication will have or how it will affect/effect the patient's outcome. The only one I am really positive about is when it has to do with the patient's affect. Thanks you are all the best ...

How ICD-10 Will Affect Transcription
Sep 04, 2013

Just wanted some thoughts on this article with regards to transcription. Scroll down to How Will The New System Help... http://www.m-scribe.com/blog/bid/214013/Medical-Documentation-and-Coding-Demand-Will-Increase-with-ICD-10 ...

Affect Appears To Be Somewhat Elusive?
Mar 03, 2010

Does this make sense?   The patient's affect appears to be somewhat elusive. This is what it sounds like he is saying. tia. ...

Effect Verses Affect
May 24, 2010

"no mass affect was noted."  Is it affect or effect?  ...

Wonder How The Webmedx Layoffs Will Affect
Sep 02, 2010

I wonder if this is an "open the floodgates" kind of thing and will have a domino effect and more companies (like Medquist) will start laying off, too. Anybody have any comment on this? ...

Mass Effect Or Affect? Nm
Aug 14, 2012

Did This Affect Hourly Employees At All?
Dec 11, 2012

x ...

Affect/Effect Drives Me Bonkers...anyone Have A
Apr 06, 2010

nm ...

Is Obamacare Going To Affect Coding In A Negative Way? Nm
Jan 12, 2015

x ...

I Wonder How The New Health Care Bill Will Affect Our Jobs?
Nov 08, 2009

I.e., how will Medquist use the new bill to their benefit? ...

If All Work Eventually Goes Overseas, How Does That Affect MTSOs?
Jul 15, 2014

It seems it would behoove them to keep the work here unless they will remotely manage. ...

WEBMEDX Line Counting Could Affect ALL MTSOs,a Must Read
Aug 19, 2010

http://www.executivehm.com/article/Transcription-in-the-21st-century/ This article (above link)  has quotes from present COO of Wedmedx who is President of MTIA and used to be former Spheris boss.  This article explains how the MTSOs want our lines counted.  It explains how they want to take away all keystrokes that cannot be seen by the naked eye.  Won't this effectively save the hospitals and MTSOs from paying MTs for up to 1/3 of the keystrokes w ...