A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

M*Modal to be acquired by One Equity for $1.1 bln - MClark

Posted: Jul 02, 2012

Read all about it...#$%# is going hit the fan now!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-acquired-approximately-1-011200480.html

Ruh Ro - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

What does this mean to us? - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
Are we going to be sold to a different company??

M*MODAL to be... - BlueBabe

[ In Reply To ..]
"Well paint me blue and call me Babe!"

Aren't/weren't we owned by CBay? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought MModal was owned by CBay from India. I read the article and there was no mention of CBay or global operations? Anybody know what this means? Are we going to be owned by an American company? Part of JPMorgan Chase? Who knows with this crazy outfit, bought and sold more times than I can remember.

I am wondering about that also..are we American owned or Indian owned? - suzyq

[ In Reply To ..]
All this mentioned of stocks and no mention of CBAY in the email at all. I wonder if this means anything at all to us. "If anything this only raises the stakes of what is expected of us."

is this why we have not heard anything yet about the comp package?NM - suzyq

[ In Reply To ..]
x
also..when you google cbay systems...sm - suzyq
[ In Reply To ..]
it takes you to the mmodal page where it says cbay is now mmodal. I only found an older cbay website where mmodal or medquist is not even listed. the latest news is something like 2006 on their website. while I know they are still with us I just really wonder who is in control now. Also private investment group means stocks cannot be publicly traded. I cannot remember if this was mentioned in the email. so much legality in that email. we need someone to interpret it for us.

It's so hard to keep up with buyouts and mergers, but I believe... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We were at one point almost totally India-owned by CBAY Systems, then the company went public, and apparently now we are going back to being a private company under the JPM umbrella.

Are our heads spinning yet? oh, yeah. What this ultimately means for employees, who knows.

The statements that got my attention: - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think these are the 2 key statements:

Our focus is and will continue to be on serving customers through our clinical documentation services and **Speech Understandingâ„¢ solutions that unlock value from the unstructured clinical narrative.** (Currently we MTs unlock the value from the unstructured narrative.)

M*Modal also offers voice to text solutions to capture the complete patient story, codifies the doctor’s narrative to automatically populate EHRs and other key healthcare information systems . . . and provides highly advanced analytical tools for exploring the richness within the unstructured narrative for improvements in quality of care, greater physician satisfaction and lower operational costs. (Doc's narrative to automatically populate EHR?! *Analytical tools* re unstructured narrative--will not be MTs!)

Wow wonder what this will mean to MTs, if anything.... - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
This is very surprising news, and it's ironic that for some MTs who've worked for more than one smaller company that had been acquired by M*Modal in the past, the one consolation they had was that at least they no longer had to worry about being acquired again. I never dreamed that M*MODAL would actually be acquired by someone else!

Hoping that this doesn't mean any more drastic or negative changes for those currently working for M*Modal. Change can bring growth, but I'm badly in need of a little stability for a while!

Oops, I meant to say: - (SM)

[ In Reply To ..]
Rather than: "....some MTs who've worked for more than one smaller company that had been acquired by M*Modal in the past....," I meant MTs who've worked for more than one smaller company that was acquired by OTHER companies and then eventually ended up at M*Modal, their one consolation seemed to be no more acquisition worries.

Hmmmm--now what, I wonder?!

HOLY CRAP - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm speechless ...

Looks like we have mail from Vern ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Check your company email ... he just sent one to us explaining what's going on. Sort of.

ARE WE GOING TO BE REBRANDED AGAIN? - One Equity MModal MQ Spheris ...

[ In Reply To ..]
Should be "Millions in Equity" if they wannt put it out there.

The Q&A that was emailed says no. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Rounded up, corralled, and re-branded. OUCH. - MTs are just their "cash cows". nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Moo.

Similar Messages:

Ready To Cry - MxSecure Acquired By M*Modal
Nov 07, 2012

Yet another good company bites the dust due to M*Modal.  We have a 12-hour window, weekends off, paid holidays and sick days, and incentives.  I purposely took this job because  MxSecure is also a software company so thought this couldn't happen.   Biting my nails as to what changes are ahead. ...

To WMX MTs Who Were Acquired
May 04, 2012

Can any of you please share how long it took your pay to be cut after acquisition?  Trying to be strategic about the upcoming switch to them... Thanks so much in advance. ...

JLG Acquired By MedQuist
Sep 16, 2011

Thoughts? ...

TTS Has Been Acquired By Nuance?
Jan 09, 2014

Hello, Does anyone know if TTS has been acquired by Nuance? TIA ...

Article About MQ Acquired 2 New Companies
Sep 21, 2011

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-holdings-increases-performance-goals-for-2011-2011-09-19 Article below states how much MQ bought the 2 new companies.  It also acquired All Type Medical Transcription Services and JLG Medical Transcription Services, medical transcription providers with $13 million http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9PS0QU00.htm ...

Etransplus Acquired By Medquist
Oct 03, 2011

Right now I am so devastated and upset I don't know what to do.  Etransplus, the people whom I work for fulltime (I work part-time for Medquist) was acquired by Medquist.  I wanted so much to not have to work for Medquist fulltime.  This is so devastating.  I was so much loving typing and doing ASR work at night, it was such a change . It was easier to just get that SMALL  paycheck that I receive from Medquist and the LARGE check I got from Etransplus, but now, I am ...

Nuance Acquired Accentus
Nov 20, 2012

To Accentus employees: My condolences. ...

Was Futurenet Acquired By MModal?
Jan 16, 2013

xx ...

GIS Acquired By IMedX. Any Input?
Dec 27, 2013

x ...

Did All The Acquired Employees Get Their I-9's Turned In?
Mar 19, 2014

What a fiasco. ...

FYI - COMPANIES NUANCE ACQUIRED
Jun 12, 2014

Just found this. Scan down to see all of the acquisitions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuance_Communications ...

Zylomed Acquired By Accentus - Good Or Bad???
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Heard Nuance Acquired Probity
Aug 28, 2013

A friend who works for Probity says they were informed today they were sold to Nuance.  I checked Google and there is no official report of this yet, but thought I would warn anyone applying to Probity trying to get away from Pukenance! ...

Wow...Nuance Acquired Probity? Look Out MModal..
Aug 29, 2013

I can't wait to see who wins the war and which one is left standing.  Two classic examples of money hungry, worthless management companies I have EVER worked at.  I hope they BOTH wind up in the trash can bankrupt.  I only wish MTs could band together and make that happen sooner rather than later.  This is all just so senseless.  Ruination of lives..... ...

FutureNet Technologies Acquired By Nuance?
Dec 05, 2014

FutureNet Technologies acquired by Nuance? ...

Another One Bites The Dust - Accentus Acquired By Nuance.
Nov 20, 2012

to really get out of this field.     sigh ...... ...

Superior Global And TransTech Acquired By IMedx
Jul 22, 2014

Has anyone else heard about these deals?  ...

Has Nuance Acquired Future-Net (California), Sten-Tel Catuogno Or MDNetwork?
Jan 02, 2015

Does anybody know if the companies mentioned will be absorbed or had been bought by Nuance recently? ...

My Idea. Give All The Newly Acquired Accounts To The Indians To Muddle
May 07, 2015

....worked into reasonable enough shape, ship it to us to keep the clients happy and maybe make money for a change. Just the opposite of what is occurring now where we are the ones doing all the heavy lifting, all the time losing jobs when those clients' work types are shipped to India. How about it, Nuance?  ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

With Nuance, You Were Only Ever Acquired To Be "liquidated."
Nov 07, 2014

Fiesa is the tool whereby they accomplish this without having to fire all but a few...because most MTs exposed to it quit in frustration first. IT IS THEIR PLAN AND WAS ALL ALONG. And THIS is the reason many of us still get on here and try to warn away anyone even considering hiring on. Please help spread this horror story around the industry! ...

M*Modal VR
Sep 25, 2010

I have another question.  When one does a draft in VR, does MT get paid for all lines in the draft or would an MT get paid if it has to be edited.  I will be trying to learn this in the next few weeks and I am scared to death I will not catch on and then I might be without a job.   I have a feeling I might not get paid for the whole draft report.  Then again it may depend on the company.  Any opinions please.   Thanks  ...

The M*Modal Man...
Jan 24, 2012

...looks like he's dropping a deuce.  Sorry, but he does.   Also, how do you pronounce the name of the company?  I say it to rhyme with immobile - immodal.   ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About M*Modal?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone know anything about M*Modal? I have never heard of them and would like some input. Thanks. ...

What/who Is M*Modal?
Mar 03, 2012

Is this Medquist?  Tell me more.  I used to work for MQ years ago and was interested in going back part time. ...

M*modal MTs
Mar 25, 2012

I'm considering applying to M*modal.  I've been around the block (several times) so I'm aware of the reputation, etc.  This means anyone who just wants to slam the company, please bypass this thread.  For those of you who work for M*modal and are happy, what is it you like about the company?  Would you recommend a friend apply? TIA. GG ...

M*Modal Job
Apr 13, 2012

Been offered a job at M*Modal.  Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of working there?  Is there enough work.  Where I work now it is SO hit and miss, feast or famine.  I need something more consistent. Are they flexible?   Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Dee Dee ...

Going With M*Modal
Apr 30, 2012

Our hospital is supposed to make the decision tomorrow if they are going to keep our work in-house or outsource to M*Modal.  I want to make an informed decision when and if we are told we are going with M*Modal.  Do you get holidays?  How is the pay?  Flexible schedule?  What about our vacations that are already scheduled?  If they hire us will we still be on our same accounts? Thanks for any info. ...

M*Modal Buy Out
May 24, 2012

When M*Modal does a buy out, are the clients from that company they bought out notified? ...

New Job With M Modal
Jun 15, 2012

Hello Everyone, The hospital I have been working for has switched all of our transcriptionist to M Modal.  I will be doing radiology work.  Any helpful hints out there.   ...