A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Going with M*Modal - me

Posted: Apr 30, 2012

Our hospital is supposed to make the decision tomorrow if they are going to keep our work in-house or outsource to M*Modal.  I want to make an informed decision when and if we are told we are going with M*Modal.  Do you get holidays?  How is the pay?  Flexible schedule?  What about our vacations that are already scheduled?  If they hire us will we still be on our same accounts?

Thanks for any info.

Our hospital was outsourced to them - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
The hospital I work for belonged to a health system so there were several hospital within the health network besides the one I worked for.

When we were outsourced the hospital I worked for remained my primary account, but I got two other secondaries within the same health network.

If the work is low on one my accounts, I get work in my que from the others as well.

I have not been with them long enough to know about their holidays. As far as pay, they presented us all with reasonable offers based on years experience.

For those of us that chose to go with them, we got to keep our senority which was a big plus.

I have noticed the voice recognition rates are not all that great for most of the companies out there and I will say that I get more than 4cpl for voice recognition and a good straight typing rate.

As far as schedules, for those of us who went, we kept our same schedules. Every one that I know that went is working the same hours that they worked at the hospital.

You accumulate PTO, but again I have not been with them long enough to take a vacation.

They made the transition for us fairly smooth and everyone has been very helpful and friendly. So far so good.

The downside is you do take a pay cut. I dont know what you make, but I was making $21 an hour and now I average about $12 to $15.

Also, I did not get their health insurance. I have my own insurance plan through blue cross/ blue shield with my husband.

Another thing - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
This is my first time working for a company, but after reading these boards and having done all my research before the outsource, I will say this THANK GOD they chose M*Modal.

We were all terrified at first because of MedQuist's reputation, but I tell you I would not want to work for any other company in this industry.

Wow... - That is big to me

[ In Reply To ..]
You took a 30-45% pay cut, and still make more than other companies you researched? I don't get it. I would be long gone.
Yes it definitely was a big pay cut - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
But look whats out there? All the smaller companies are being brought out and I attempted to give Transcend a try part-time while waiting for the outsource, but wasn't too impressed with their work ethics.

I tried a part-time IC job, with a horrible platform and terrible management, and it took forever to make line count on their system.

Luckily we were notified a couple months in advance so I did have time to test the waters a little bit and from what I can tell, *no one* is going to pay me what I make now with M*Modal.

I believe with time, I can get my average up, but like every MT that gets outsourced from a hospital, you do make less. Lets face it, companies are not as generous as hospitals.

Before for an 8hr shift I was making $168 a day, now I make any where from $100 to $110 a day. So yes it adds up and it did put a dent in my pocket.

But if you can point me in a better direction, by all means share.

Seniority in this company - and a dollar

[ In Reply To ..]
will get you a cup of coffee. It means NOTHING.

Speak for yourself. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Tell me what your seniority gets you here - All Ears
[ In Reply To ..]
??
ba, ha, ha, - gets her something
[ In Reply To ..]
thats a good one
Nada and All Ears - I dont know about you guys - but...
[ In Reply To ..]
I am one of the few (judging by these boards) who still do really well in this business.

I think there are many other happy MTs still out there, just not on these boards. I have been with MQ for quite a while and have had no problems with pay or anything else other than the implementation of VR, but I bounced back.

thats not seniority.... - nada
[ In Reply To ..]
I do well also... I just want to know what your years of seniority get you. NOTHING, as previously stated.
to But - That was not the - question
[ In Reply To ..]
had nothing to do with doing really well. She said she got to keep her seniority which was a big plus. We were asking what exactly did it get her in this company? Had nothing to do with what you are talking about.
Ummm do you guys really think I am going to - sit here and spill my guts..sm
[ In Reply To ..]
to you about the good things I have going for me on my job? I mean seriously, a bunch of unhappy MTs on a public forum?

I'm not stupid. Not gonna put myself in jeopardy like that for a bunch of total strangers.

Thats about all the reply you're gonna get from me.
talking out your rear - you got jack
[ In Reply To ..]
This company does not reward anyone for years of seniority, unless of course you are in management. If you are an MT, you did not get anything. You are talking out your behind!
Then why did you reply in the first place? Just - to stir the pot?
[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't want to out yourself to strangers, why did you post that? Bragging without something concrete to back up your claims is pointless. Because they LET you sign in and work? That is your seniority advantage? Because they LET you take your earned PTO hours on a holiday when there is no work?
what? - you dont make sense
[ In Reply To ..]
Seniority does not "LET you sign in and work." We all sign in and work... even those just hired get to sign in and work.

Seniority does not "LET you take your earned PTO hours on a holiday when there is no work." That is for all employees. Anyone can request PTO on a holiday and get that approved, whether here 1 year or 20 years. Depends on the volume of work and how much behind kissing to your CCM you do through the year. Nothing to do with seniority.

Why did you respond if you have no idea what you are talking about?
My point exactly. What does here seniority get her? - The same as everybody else.
[ In Reply To ..]

Please, I beg of you... tell me what seniority got you. - buster

[ In Reply To ..]
MModal/MQ offers nothing for your years... NOTHING. I was bought out also. GOT NOTHING FOR IT. Told you can keep your senority and did that get me a raise? NOPE, ya know where it got me? One step closer to a free ticket to the "highest paid/quickest to leave" game.

Im not the one who was bought out. I am the one - who said "speak for yourself."

[ In Reply To ..]
Like I told the other two, I still do well even with the ASR. I have good accounts nothing has really changed for me. I do think having been here so long has benefited my pay, maybe not like it was years ago, but I still do pretty darn good.
I was talking to the poster "see message" who said - buster
[ In Reply To ..]
Keeping her seniority was a big plus...

I dont give a rats behind as to how well you do! You could have gravy accounts, all straight typing, I have no idea. I just wanted to know what her seniority got her.
It's possible she just got to keep it and didn't have - to start from scratch at 4cpl..ya think?
[ In Reply To ..]
Attack the new people why dont you? Just cuz you all live in misery does not mean everyone else does.
Not every company will transfer your senority. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
I give up - Seniority Means Nothing Here!
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Oh yeah, my many years of seniority has me making - a little over 11 per hour.
[ In Reply To ..]
And typing the hardest of the hard dictators. I am thrilled with that.
Dont know about you, but... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I think they get rid of the highest paid (or more seniority) people first!

Hahaha! I think you nailed - that right on the head!
[ In Reply To ..]
That's what your seniority gets you - gone! Good one!
16 years at MM, I'm an MME, at the top of my career game - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I do every work type, every dictator, every facility from the west coast to the east coast, there is nothing and no one I won't type, edit or correct. I am at the very top of my career game making minimum wage or sometimes barely over. Seniority with MModal means absolutely nothing.
Well you must be slow - with low line rates
[ In Reply To ..]
if ur only making minimum wage after all these years.
Actually I'm one of the top producers in my region - 2000 lines per day
[ In Reply To ..]
MMEs only earn 0.03 cpl.

0.04 cpl if the employee is full QA.

2000 lines per day @ 0.03 per line = $60.00 per day. That's $7.50 an hour.
Why in the world did you become an MME? - that explains it.
[ In Reply To ..]
It was put to me like a "promotion" - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The big sell:

"Congratulations, because your QA scores are consistently above 99% and have been such a hard-working dedicated employee, we're inviting you to bump up to our MME team! This will open up a whole new avenue of income for you now with Medquist."

Who wouldn't jump on that?

What they DON'T tell you is that 80% of your work day is done at the 0.03 cents per line rate, your income will drop by at least 50% and within six months you'll be receiving Food Stamps and standing in the welfare line.
Don't even open that Pandora's box. There are a - bajillion of us not making
[ In Reply To ..]
any money any more. No we are not paid low, and no we are not new, and no we are not slow.

can you - tell us

[ In Reply To ..]
what you cpl is? Do you think your hospital had a clause in their contract with MModal for you to get a higher rate for a certain length of time so you wouldn't go into immediate shock at a pay cut? This happen for anyone else? What's your cpl? Thx.

my experience with the takeover - not good

[ In Reply To ..]
I stayed on my account, that is until the work disappeared. Then, I was transferred to another supervisor and ended up doing all the work in her "pool," over 12 accounts. My pay initially stayed the same, until the pay cut came about. I was working my same schedule until the supervisor said if I dont add on weekend hours, she will add them on for me. I went from making $22 at my previous job, down to about $12. The schedule is not flexible. If you are scheduled to work on a holiday, plan on working it. They seldom grant PTO on a holiday. I requested off for Thanksgiving, was denied, Christmas was denied, requested off for this upcoming Mothers Day, was denied. I guess it depends on where you land in this company as to how rough the ride is going to be.

If you are coming from a hospital job where you - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
were making a decent salary, had decent health benefits, etc., MModal is going to seem like CRAP in comparison. Most likely you will eventually have your pay cut in one way or another. You may be able to stay on your same account (for a while at least) but you will also be doing anywhere from 5 to 15 other accounts at the same time. MTs who used to work in a hospital, transcribing for ONE set of doctors, are going to be in for a shock when they do what we have been doing--switching from account to account on a daily basis, all with different client profiles, rules, and formats to follow. This, even if they keep you at the same pay per line, will dramatically reduce your pay, as we are paid on production. We are NOT paid for the EXTRA TIME it takes to constantly refer to the client profiles. Oh, and if you have to send more than 5 lousy percent of your work to QA, you are going to get your pay docked for that, too. Sounds fun, right? The insurance blows too. I wish I could be more positive, just can't.

I am blessed in the sense that all the hospitals - I type for are in the same

[ In Reply To ..]
Network and yes there is about 9 or 10 of them but I have to say 95% of my work comes from my primary account.

I think Kiki is right when she says it depends on where you land.

the hospital I worked for also went with Medquist before they became M-Modal - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I went from making about $25-$30 an hour for the hospital I worked for....then took the job with Medquist and wound up barley making $8 an hour. Was able to keep the schedule I worked for at the hospital. Was told that if my scheduled day fell on a holiday, would have to work it or else request it off and use PTO. Only stayed about 2 months and left because I was discouraged at the money I was no longer making. Hopefully getting out of this field.. Have 19 years experience and it just isn't what it used to be

more info - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the replies. I am at a teaching hospital so I am used to having new dictators all the time, some good some bad. We have lots of ESL docs too, again some good and some bad. We are paid hourly, have a flexible schedule where we can pretty much work whenever we want as long as we get our 8 hours in between 3 a.m. and midnight. We work one holiday a year, maybe. Insurance is not too bad.

I have been here for 8 years and I am one of the new ones. I worked for Epic way back when so I am used to having different accounts and new supervisors every time you turn around. I have also done clinic work but I didn't really like it.

We went with Epic about six months ago and we have been out of work ever since. It's getting really old and our paychecks have dropped to pretty much nothing. It's frustrating and depressing.

I don't want to go from one bad situation to another one so I appreciate your input.

Similar Messages:

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

M*Modal VR
Sep 25, 2010

I have another question.  When one does a draft in VR, does MT get paid for all lines in the draft or would an MT get paid if it has to be edited.  I will be trying to learn this in the next few weeks and I am scared to death I will not catch on and then I might be without a job.   I have a feeling I might not get paid for the whole draft report.  Then again it may depend on the company.  Any opinions please.   Thanks  ...

The M*Modal Man...
Jan 24, 2012

...looks like he's dropping a deuce.  Sorry, but he does.   Also, how do you pronounce the name of the company?  I say it to rhyme with immobile - immodal.   ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About M*Modal?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone know anything about M*Modal? I have never heard of them and would like some input. Thanks. ...

What/who Is M*Modal?
Mar 03, 2012

Is this Medquist?  Tell me more.  I used to work for MQ years ago and was interested in going back part time. ...

M*modal MTs
Mar 25, 2012

I'm considering applying to M*modal.  I've been around the block (several times) so I'm aware of the reputation, etc.  This means anyone who just wants to slam the company, please bypass this thread.  For those of you who work for M*modal and are happy, what is it you like about the company?  Would you recommend a friend apply? TIA. GG ...

M*Modal Job
Apr 13, 2012

Been offered a job at M*Modal.  Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of working there?  Is there enough work.  Where I work now it is SO hit and miss, feast or famine.  I need something more consistent. Are they flexible?   Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Dee Dee ...

M*Modal Buy Out
May 24, 2012

When M*Modal does a buy out, are the clients from that company they bought out notified? ...

New Job With M Modal
Jun 15, 2012

Hello Everyone, The hospital I have been working for has switched all of our transcriptionist to M Modal.  I will be doing radiology work.  Any helpful hints out there.   ...

TTM*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Interesting, indeed. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-selected-transtech-medical-133000153.html ...

M Modal Pay
Jul 15, 2012

Anyone working for M Modal - Please let me know how much money per hour is possible to be made?  Replies will much appreciated.   ...

How Much Do M-Modal Pay
Sep 30, 2012

I was thinking of applying for a job at M-Modal as I am not so happy with my current job and how they pay. Can anyone help me and tell me how much M-Modal pay their staff? ...

M*Modal-SSN??
Oct 16, 2012

I am on the M*Modal website to apply, and they are asking for my social security number.  I have never provided this on a job application.  Is this legit? ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me About M*Modal, Please?
Nov 30, 2012

I am thinking about testing for acute care transcription with M*Modal. But, when I went to their web site I see they are owned by someone in India? Is that for real? Also, I see posts here in this chat room "no work, no work, no work, paycheck sucks," etc. Can anyone fill me in on M*Modal, please. Also, do they supply you with the equipment? I do not want to work for a company owned by someone in India, that's for sure! Thank you in advance for your help! MT2 ...

New Job At M*Modal
Feb 05, 2013

I stopped doing medical transcription for a while and I am considering getting back into it.  I live in Green Bay, and no one is hiring in house.  I am considering taking a test with M*Modal.  Can anyone tell me anything about this company?  Good, bad, and ugly. ...

Just Saw An Ad For PT For M*Modal???
Sep 08, 2013

I thought they got rid of all PT positions??  Here's the link:  http://www.getmedicaltranscriptionjobs.com/acute-care-medical-transcriptionist-home-based-phoenix-arizona-3026501.htm ...

M*Modal Going Under?
Sep 08, 2014

I heard that M*Modal is sinking fast and won't be in business much longer.  Has anyone else heard this?  They've been having problems getting investors and new clients, so it wouldn't come as any great shock.  ...

So M*Modal And
Sep 30, 2014

Both offered OT last weekend....hmmm..... ...

M-Modal
Feb 13, 2015

Our company recently outsourced us and we are being offered jobs w M-Modal.  I have seen all of the negative comments but I was wondering how bad the pay is.  I typed about 220 lines/hour doing straight typing and they are saying their average for voice rec is 220/lines per hour.  If that were the case you'd be making nothing!  Can anyone give me any input?  Thanks!  ...

M-Modal Feedback
Dec 16, 2009

Would appreciate feedback from anyone using M-Modal, especially Webmedx Enterprise MTs. Dreading the conversion and wondering if my fears are well founded. I'm pretty fast straight typing but rarely get more than 50 lines more an hour with current VR. Seems all it takes is just one lousy report to negate the lines made on the decent reports. Afraid it's just going to be worse with M-Modal and the whole drop-down heading thing. Anyone have any encouragement to offer? ...

M-modal Being Horrible
Jun 07, 2010

I know there are a lot of comments on here about M-modal being horrible and I have to definitely agreed, it is the only VR I have used so nothing to really compare it to but cannot do many more lines per hour than I transcribe (usually about 275 lph or so), anyone willing to share how much they do on M-modal and how long the account has been on VR?  Just my curiosity since I don't seem to make any progress in increasing my lines per hour.  Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Used M-Modal And Your Thoughts...
Aug 19, 2010

Would like any thoughts on this ... seems strange... ...

M*Modal Questions
Nov 09, 2010

Can anyone recommend an expander? I just started using this program and it's locked up (stopped responding completely) several times today, making me lose several reports.  Is this a common bug? Thanks!     ...

MQ Buys M*modal
Jul 11, 2011

for the worse, if that's possible! Anyone who thought they'd conquer VR and make money, MQ just shot you in the foot.    ...

Chartnet And M-Modal?
Aug 12, 2011

I posted 7-8 posts below asking info about Chartnet.  I am wondering if the Chartnet I am using is the same everyone else is using?  The Chartnet I am using is tied in with M-Modal, but I don't have VR on my account.  The login box actually says  SPEECHMOTION Healthcare Documentation Platform ChartNet Client 4.10.  I am confused, as it doesn't seem very user friendly. ...

M*Modal And Compensation
Aug 26, 2011

Does anyone know how an MT is compensated when they begin using M*Modal and basically editing?  If paid by the line, if M*Modal creates a report consiisting of 75 lines, and you edit a few lines here and there, are you paid for the entire report (the full 75 lines) or just paid for what lines you edit?  ...

M Modal Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Any opinions/experiences on M Modal platform at Diskriter or on the company itself? ...

M*Modal And Medquist
Sep 16, 2011

What do you make of the merger between these 2 companies?  I have worked on M*Modal before and loved it but have never heard anything but bad things about Medquist.  ...

What Is The Cpl For A Tier 3 MT With M*Modal?
Feb 13, 2012

I took the Tier 3 test and passed.  I don't know what my actual score was, but I have a phone interview later this week, and I was wanting to get an idea of what to expect as far as working at M*Modal.  I know they used to be MQ and I know there are many, MANY disgruntled current and former employees.  Honestly, all I'm looking for in a company these days is regular, on-time paychecks, the average rate per line (0.08 or better), and steady work.  I'm okay with ...

M*Modal = MedQuist?
Feb 15, 2012

So, I take it MedQuist is now M*Modal?  I was about to apply, but I think not! ...