A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

to WMX MTs who were acquired - worried

Posted: May 04, 2012

Can any of you please share how long it took your pay to be cut after acquisition?  Trying to be strategic about the upcoming switch to them... Thanks so much in advance.

Re: to WMX MTs who were acquired - worried - mtgal1963

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not part of WMX but my company was acquired right before them by Nuance. Our new pay system was implemented about 6 months after the acquisition. Then after 1 year from the acquisition date many of us were switched to Escription which is 80% or higher speech work .... very little traditional work. So in reality we went through 2 pay cuts -- the first one at 6 months and the final one at 1 year. Of course they tell us we can do 500 lph with Escription so we should may hella money........let's hope LOL

500 lph - dont think so

[ In Reply To ..]
I have done escription at 2 different jobs, the first job I quit because of it. I was up to 400 lph for the first month of so, but then because escription does not "learn" either, my last 2 months have been about 275 lph. The longer we are on the escription the worse it gets, although they tell me it will "take a while for it to learn" but I am not buying that anymore.

500? (lol) not on the WMX side!! - Fast wmx mt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
No way 500 LPH on Web/Nu - sad-ex-WMX
[ In Reply To ..]
Highly doubt anyone could "sustain" 500 LPH on Enterprise/eScription, acute care, especially since we have begun to run out of work.
Ditto... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The most I have ever done on Escription is 420ish and that was getting a bunch of ops that I added templates to.

Reality is on a good day 350 lph max. I have been doing this for 15+ years and don't need to look up words too often. I don't see ever being able to pass 400 lph and, as stated above, we are starting to run out of work on a daily basis. Lucky to average $10 hour based on the last year.
YEP, I agee wondering if all of their "escription and increase in lines" talk was nothing - BUT A SCAM TO CUT OUR PAY!!
[ In Reply To ..]
...and now at wmx the work is going away. have to also wonder if some of it is going to india like the person posted below was talking about. nuance had better get their act together quick or they are going to lose what good mt-editors they have left at wmx. i thought the whole deal about the incentive penalty of 3 months was bad enough but now with the low work, no incentive and lack of good (promised) line counts to make up this pay cut is making this place impossible to stay with if you are a quality mt-editor
On my last day, I'm just shoving reports through without editing. - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
It'll bring a smile to my lips and a song in heart. Polite way of saying KISS MY BUTT.
Patient care - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The worst part of VR is the screw ups on med names and dosages. I find your behavior beyond selfish and a pure disregard for the safety of others.

As upsetting as it is how lousy we are paid and treated, we are talking about patient care here. I hope you don't type in a region where anyone I know lives.

You have the right to leave, I don't think you ahve the right to put people's lives at risk and think it's funny. You aren't getting revenge on Nuance, it's innocent people who pay.

Hope you feel really good about yourself.
It's our - livelihoods
[ In Reply To ..]
at risk, not patient care. I risk having no food and no home.

MT is not about patient care, anymore. If it was, the hospitals would not have VR/SR transcribing patient reports. My pay is now split three ways, VR/SR, VR/SR programmer, and me. If they let me transcribe it in the first place, there wouldn't be a problem with our pay.

Patient care is between the healthcare provider and the doctor who signs the report.

If hospitals want VR, let them have the reports the way they are spit out by the VR.

What kind of pay do the programmers make? Anyone know? It seems as if QA is production based now as well.
Wow - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Kind of a disgusting attitude going around.

So if you feel poorly done to that means you can produce a poor quality of work?

I being to understand what and who this board is for. It does explain why some people can't meet QA and production requriments.

Nothing like pretending like you are the victim to justify doing a lousy job.
I meet - production
[ In Reply To ..]
and get 99% QA. And will until I find another job. MTSOs are corporations they are not healthcare providers. VR doesn't justify cutting our pay. I have been an MT for a very long time. Are you very young or new to MT? I'm only a victim because a corporation put me in this position and I don't do a lousy job. Grow up.
Shame on you. One can only imagine the damage you've - always done to reports. Good riddance. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I'll be thinking of you when you're down to 2 cpl - sickofVR
[ In Reply To ..]
Then we'll see how much you like your job.
Can you - read?
[ In Reply To ..]
Damage done to reports?
Do it. - anon.
[ In Reply To ..]
It'll send a message. They can redictate or correct it. No one will get hurt! Honestly.
Well....I answered her post but it was deleted. - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I was "complaining" about this job. Anon needs to unbunch her panties. You know you'd all like to shove these reports through. But I am seriously quitting this field. If Anon wants to be treated like a McDonald's worker, more power to her. My skills are worth more.
I Get Your Fustration BUT.... - NuanceSucker
[ In Reply To ..]
You seriously have to consider the ramifications. I say this only because in this digital age, our reports go straight through, to the hospital, clinic, to the floor, etc. Now, you push a report through and you miss something vital, like an allergy. The ER doc scans your report in their rush to save a life, and inadvertantly kills a child, a mother, a father, etc. Do you see how serious this is, what you are doing? Trust me, I've wanted to do the same, I HATE Nuance, my TL is grinning fool who dances to their tune, but, when I started this job 16+ years ago, I did so with pride. I refuse to sink to Nuance's level, and I will make sure that I protect patient's care, privacy, etc. Nuance will fall, they always do, but don't sacrifice your morals and ethics for them, nor the life of another. On an aside, they could consider that criminal negligence. Be very careful in your actions.
Has anybody considered that maybe this poster - was just being sarcastic?..sm
[ In Reply To ..]
She didn't say she was being sarcastic, but it is possible out of frustration and venting she just said that.

One thing I have noticed about this board is that people have a tendency to take things very personal and very serious. Its a public forum and lots of people come here to vent and post stuff that may not necessarily be true.
shoving through w/o editing - burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
That is so funny. I thought about that too, when I find another job. Pull it up look at it for 2 seconds, and send it. What are they gonna do, fire you?
LOL @ burned out... - thats funny, betcha make a
[ In Reply To ..]
A killing that day..like $200 or more.
Horrible people. The trick might be getting the paycheck cut - after being fired for willful nonperformance. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You are despicable. No matter how you feel about a company... - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
...there is no justification for sending a patient's medical record through when it is knowingly incorrect or unedited.
I'M BACK! IT'S ME!! MT WHO TICKED EVERYONE OFF FRIDAY !! - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I was VENTING people. I have more sense and work ethics to just shove a report through. Now I've had the weekend to chill. I still hate what this field has become, but I'm job hunting and can't wait to get out. Sad because I actually enjoy being a MT - have been one for 30 years. But I will not work for such low wages. We need to be paid an equal wage.

Similar Messages:

JLG Acquired By MedQuist
Sep 16, 2011

Thoughts? ...

TTS Has Been Acquired By Nuance?
Jan 09, 2014

Hello, Does anyone know if TTS has been acquired by Nuance? TIA ...

Article About MQ Acquired 2 New Companies
Sep 21, 2011

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-holdings-increases-performance-goals-for-2011-2011-09-19 Article below states how much MQ bought the 2 new companies.  It also acquired All Type Medical Transcription Services and JLG Medical Transcription Services, medical transcription providers with $13 million http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9PS0QU00.htm ...

Etransplus Acquired By Medquist
Oct 03, 2011

Right now I am so devastated and upset I don't know what to do.  Etransplus, the people whom I work for fulltime (I work part-time for Medquist) was acquired by Medquist.  I wanted so much to not have to work for Medquist fulltime.  This is so devastating.  I was so much loving typing and doing ASR work at night, it was such a change . It was easier to just get that SMALL  paycheck that I receive from Medquist and the LARGE check I got from Etransplus, but now, I am ...

M*Modal To Be Acquired By One Equity For $1.1 Bln
Jul 02, 2012

Read all about it...#$%# is going hit the fan now! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-acquired-approximately-1-011200480.html ...

Nuance Acquired Accentus
Nov 20, 2012

To Accentus employees: My condolences. ...

Was Futurenet Acquired By MModal?
Jan 16, 2013

xx ...

GIS Acquired By IMedX. Any Input?
Dec 27, 2013

x ...

Did All The Acquired Employees Get Their I-9's Turned In?
Mar 19, 2014

What a fiasco. ...

FYI - COMPANIES NUANCE ACQUIRED
Jun 12, 2014

Just found this. Scan down to see all of the acquisitions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuance_Communications ...

Zylomed Acquired By Accentus - Good Or Bad???
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Ready To Cry - MxSecure Acquired By M*Modal
Nov 07, 2012

Yet another good company bites the dust due to M*Modal.  We have a 12-hour window, weekends off, paid holidays and sick days, and incentives.  I purposely took this job because  MxSecure is also a software company so thought this couldn't happen.   Biting my nails as to what changes are ahead. ...

Heard Nuance Acquired Probity
Aug 28, 2013

A friend who works for Probity says they were informed today they were sold to Nuance.  I checked Google and there is no official report of this yet, but thought I would warn anyone applying to Probity trying to get away from Pukenance! ...

Wow...Nuance Acquired Probity? Look Out MModal..
Aug 29, 2013

I can't wait to see who wins the war and which one is left standing.  Two classic examples of money hungry, worthless management companies I have EVER worked at.  I hope they BOTH wind up in the trash can bankrupt.  I only wish MTs could band together and make that happen sooner rather than later.  This is all just so senseless.  Ruination of lives..... ...

FutureNet Technologies Acquired By Nuance?
Dec 05, 2014

FutureNet Technologies acquired by Nuance? ...

Another One Bites The Dust - Accentus Acquired By Nuance.
Nov 20, 2012

to really get out of this field.     sigh ...... ...

Superior Global And TransTech Acquired By IMedx
Jul 22, 2014

Has anyone else heard about these deals?  ...

Has Nuance Acquired Future-Net (California), Sten-Tel Catuogno Or MDNetwork?
Jan 02, 2015

Does anybody know if the companies mentioned will be absorbed or had been bought by Nuance recently? ...

My Idea. Give All The Newly Acquired Accounts To The Indians To Muddle
May 07, 2015

....worked into reasonable enough shape, ship it to us to keep the clients happy and maybe make money for a change. Just the opposite of what is occurring now where we are the ones doing all the heavy lifting, all the time losing jobs when those clients' work types are shipped to India. How about it, Nuance?  ...

With Nuance, You Were Only Ever Acquired To Be "liquidated."
Nov 07, 2014

Fiesa is the tool whereby they accomplish this without having to fire all but a few...because most MTs exposed to it quit in frustration first. IT IS THEIR PLAN AND WAS ALL ALONG. And THIS is the reason many of us still get on here and try to warn away anyone even considering hiring on. Please help spread this horror story around the industry! ...