A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ready to cry - MxSecure acquired by M*Modal - MT

Posted: Nov 07, 2012

Yet another good company bites the dust due to M*Modal.  We have a 12-hour window, weekends off, paid holidays and sick days, and incentives.  I purposely took this job because  MxSecure is also a software company so thought this couldn't happen. Cry  Biting my nails as to what changes are ahead.

Thanks for letting us know what is going on out there. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
M-Modal and Nuance are the top ones now, that is for sure. Cannot compete with them. They dictate to us all too.

It seems to be MxSecure is using MModal software from 2009. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
see link

I don't think that really means anything, they sell that stuff to - anyone. your link does not work. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

I know the link does not work. Sorry. Google brought it up. - The OP said that MxSecure was a software sm

[ In Reply To ..]
company but in that article from 2009 it said MxSecure was using M*Modal's software. I don't know. It is a true acquisition though as somewhat sent me a letter that is going around from M*Modal that they have acquired MxSecure.
They are an EHR software company - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, their proprietary editing platform is based on AnyModal but to clarify, I didn't say they were a speech recognition software company. They are an EHR software company.

I guess they only sold off the transcription division. Anxious to see what the conference call will tell us.

Crying a river too. - MXMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am right there with you. Worked for Secrephone/Medquist 20 years and left 2 years ago to do full time at MXSecure. Now I am being sucked back into that slave labor racket. Say goodbye to your vacation, holidays and sick days. They are gone now. I am just ill.

MX exemployee - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I left MX over a year ago. I didn't think it was a great place to work. They cut the pay to go to employee status. This does not surprise me at all that they were bought out. I had a friend quit there because they just kept telling her she was not accurate enough and they also kept starting her on new accounts. They also bugged her after she quit to let them remote her computer to be sure she deleted everything that had to do with them and she refused as she should have done. I think as a company they sucked.

They are supposed to delete according to HIPAA. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Can't believe she refused, and you agreed. That's a HIPAA violation.
MX spying on personal information - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
When I quit, they never did that to me. I think it is spying and I would never allow it either.

Interesting... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Now that you say it, I've been bounced around a lot lately too.

After you left, were you able to find an MT job with the same perks (12-hour window, holidays off, etc)? I need that same flexibility and don't even know where to start. I'm even thinking of going the IC route if I can afford health insurance on my own. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Transciption Solutions did not require a search - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
No I have never found much. I am unemployed now. I did overflow for a clinic that paid well but it lasted only a few months and I was unemployed again and then in May of this year, I worked for Transcription Solutions until that account went to EMR and that lasted three months. Interesting that TS did not want to search my computer if it is a HIPPA thing. I am now unemployed and need to work. I'll do just about anything at this point.
Try SoftScript - they are hiring
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Would like to apply to SS but - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have no acute care experience and they will probably not even give me a second look but I would like to apply there. Thanks for the tip.
Nuance has clinic openings - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I applied there and they have clinic openings available. You might want to look at them.
Thanks for the tips MTs - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks to you both for the suggestions. I applied to SS and have a test to do tomorrow in ortho. Thanks so much for your tips. I will look at Nuance too. God Bless you both!!
SS has clinic work, too. Nm - Old Woman
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the response - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Appreciated. Although I haven't priced insurance yet, I've already sent out my resume in response to one IC ad. It's more difficult than I thought to find an MTSO hiring an IC - it seems most are hiring employees and just calling them an IC to avoid the benefits. Does anybody have any recs?

I also had three other job offers in addition to MxSecure, so I might try to recontact those companies to see if they are hiring. I still have contact information from conversations in some cases with owners. Would it be bad form to email them directly?

My priority right now is a schedule that is not inflexible. I'm afraid everyone is going to want third shift since after 25+ years, I'll be starting on the bottom as a newbie AGAIN. Sigh.
Entrada might have openings - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I recently talked with them and they seemed like a great company and it was first shift M-F for clinic MTs. I wish I'd accepted the offer but decided to stay put.

Be careful with Nuance. Depending on your TL, you may have more work than you can handle, or none at all. I have a friend that works there and never runs out of work. I never worked a full shift because of no work available. Another girl with the same TL I had left a couple of months later because the work never picked up.

MxSecure - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
MModal is the worst company by far out there. Ojective is to send as much work as possible to India. Don't think you're going to get a primary account. They may assign one, but don't hold your breath seeing much work on it.
bought by m-modal - me2
[ In Reply To ..]
Surprisingly, it has not been bad. I was "bought" about a year ago. Nothing really has changed much. I still have the same supervisors, working on the same accounts, same shift, same software, most definitely not running out of work. The benefits are better and the pay is a somewhat better. My advice to you would be to stay put for now. If and when you find another job you like better, great, but don't get emotional about this, don't do anything rash -- just stay put until you do find that job you like better. As far as I am concerned, if things stay the way they are, I will stay put. If it gets to be like the miserable conditions that other MTs have described elsewhere, then I most certainly will be looking for another job.

Ugh. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
So what did you think of that conference call? I am so frustrated that since we've been M*Modal employees for 2 days (unbeknownst to us!), our "option" of declining has to involve 2 weeks' notice unless we want to burn bridges.

So disgusted - disgusted

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so disgusted right now, I don't even know how to express it. My head is spinning with questions. I am especially pissed about people who had plans for Thanksgiving and day after and expected them to be paid holidays. Rude.

Get Ready. - MxMt

[ In Reply To ..]
We are going to be working on Thanksgiving day with no work on our clinic accounts. The only think I can say is they pay on time. Be prepared to be micromanaged.

I know, so glad I got that question in about Thanksgiving. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm aggravated that the M*Modal reps were going to conveniently leave that important information out - that we're going from 12 paid holidays to ZERO and have to "work" them even though we do clinic accounts that are closed. Who would be OK with that? Good thing we educate ourselves on these boards. Plus the fact that we are new so have no PTO to use.

I have a houseful of relatives flying in, staying the weekend, and I'm doing the cooking, as I do every year. They acted like it was no big deal 2 weeks before the holiday to tell every employee to change their plans and work, "even if there is no work". Grrrr.

MxSecure - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
Start looking for another job. Everything you have now is about to become a fond distant memory.

MX Production manager? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Is there a production manager still there from the Philippines, her initials are SC? If so I worked with her most of my time there about three years.

Yes (nm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

M*Modal To Be Acquired By One Equity For $1.1 Bln
Jul 02, 2012

Read all about it...#$%# is going hit the fan now! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-acquired-approximately-1-011200480.html ...

MxSecure - VR
Oct 31, 2009

Just wondering if there are any MxSecure MTs who have already switched to VR who can tell me how it's going.  I haven't heard anything about it since we were told the switch to VR was happening.  ...

MxSecure, Inc.
Sep 22, 2010

any comments would be appreciated ...

MxSecure Shorting Pay?
Apr 17, 2010

Just FYI:  for some time now, MxSecure has been shorting my pay.  I get the "there-there" routine--then it happens again.  They are first very rigid about invoicing, then say to enter a separate line for any incentive.  The latest is that it's a "known issue."  I have no idea what is going on with this company.  Ever since we got the notice about switching to VR, it seems it has all gone to pot. Or maybe I am just grouchy. ...

Any Info On Mxsecure?
Aug 24, 2010

I'm supposed to have an interview wiuth them this week, and a search showed the most recent posts about them were from 2008. ...

Anyone Tested With MXSecure?
Nov 14, 2010

I recently saw a job ad for this company and am considering testing for a job.  The job ad does not specifically state their equipment requirements.  I went to their company web site to try to find out, but I can't find any place where they list whether you need a footpedal to take the test.  I feel like a bonehead because I'm sure I must be missing it somewhere.  I did find where they list some hardware and internet requirements and it just says you need speakers a ...

Lost Job With MxSecure
Nov 25, 2010

Has anyone else lost their job with MxSecure because of the independent contractor going to employee only status.  I was informed that they are not hiring in my state and several others, but they would let me know if they decided to later.  Any information? ...

Any US MxSecure MTs Still Have Jobs?
Nov 25, 2010

Just got an e-mail the day before Thanksgiving that MxSecure is going to an all-employee status and no longer using IC's and that they are not currently recruiting employees in my geographic area.  I'm out of a job as of the end of the year.  I'm just wondering if there are other MxSecure MTs in the States who were offered employee status or if they are going to completely move the work out of the country.  ...

MxSecure Calls
Dec 14, 2010

Has anybody received their phone call about what their new schedule will be?   ...

MXSecure, Webmedx????
Aug 30, 2011

I am currently employed at MQ and am looking elsewhere.  I have looked at Eight Crossings, MedGarde, MxSecure, Webmedx, All Type and Landmark.  anybody have news on any of these?  Good, bad or indifferent? ...

Looking For Recent Info On MXSecure
Aug 22, 2011

Looking for recent info on MXSecure...  Archived info is pretty old.  Any recent employees there that care to share good/bad info on them?  Are you assigned certain docs?  Is it hard to maintain your line count?  What is the ratio of straight/VR and the pay for it?  High number of ESL docs?  Any info appreciated.    Thanks! ...

Anyone Still Waiting For A Reply From MxSecure Payroll
Jan 27, 2011

First employee check from the company (been an IC for over 5 years, went to employee status Jan 1) and I wasn't paid for my hours, only my production which equaled less than min wage for the hours. I've emailed them time and time again since 1/18/11 and all I get is "we're working on it" without any type of real answer as to what it is they are working on. IMO, there's no "working on it" - you're either going to pay my min wage or not. Why is it so hard to get a straig ...

To WMX MTs Who Were Acquired
May 04, 2012

Can any of you please share how long it took your pay to be cut after acquisition?  Trying to be strategic about the upcoming switch to them... Thanks so much in advance. ...

JLG Acquired By MedQuist
Sep 16, 2011

Thoughts? ...

TTS Has Been Acquired By Nuance?
Jan 09, 2014

Hello, Does anyone know if TTS has been acquired by Nuance? TIA ...

Article About MQ Acquired 2 New Companies
Sep 21, 2011

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-holdings-increases-performance-goals-for-2011-2011-09-19 Article below states how much MQ bought the 2 new companies.  It also acquired All Type Medical Transcription Services and JLG Medical Transcription Services, medical transcription providers with $13 million http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9PS0QU00.htm ...

Etransplus Acquired By Medquist
Oct 03, 2011

Right now I am so devastated and upset I don't know what to do.  Etransplus, the people whom I work for fulltime (I work part-time for Medquist) was acquired by Medquist.  I wanted so much to not have to work for Medquist fulltime.  This is so devastating.  I was so much loving typing and doing ASR work at night, it was such a change . It was easier to just get that SMALL  paycheck that I receive from Medquist and the LARGE check I got from Etransplus, but now, I am ...

Nuance Acquired Accentus
Nov 20, 2012

To Accentus employees: My condolences. ...

Was Futurenet Acquired By MModal?
Jan 16, 2013

xx ...

GIS Acquired By IMedX. Any Input?
Dec 27, 2013

x ...

Did All The Acquired Employees Get Their I-9's Turned In?
Mar 19, 2014

What a fiasco. ...

FYI - COMPANIES NUANCE ACQUIRED
Jun 12, 2014

Just found this. Scan down to see all of the acquisitions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuance_Communications ...

Zylomed Acquired By Accentus - Good Or Bad???
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Heard Nuance Acquired Probity
Aug 28, 2013

A friend who works for Probity says they were informed today they were sold to Nuance.  I checked Google and there is no official report of this yet, but thought I would warn anyone applying to Probity trying to get away from Pukenance! ...

Wow...Nuance Acquired Probity? Look Out MModal..
Aug 29, 2013

I can't wait to see who wins the war and which one is left standing.  Two classic examples of money hungry, worthless management companies I have EVER worked at.  I hope they BOTH wind up in the trash can bankrupt.  I only wish MTs could band together and make that happen sooner rather than later.  This is all just so senseless.  Ruination of lives..... ...

FutureNet Technologies Acquired By Nuance?
Dec 05, 2014

FutureNet Technologies acquired by Nuance? ...

Another One Bites The Dust - Accentus Acquired By Nuance.
Nov 20, 2012

to really get out of this field.     sigh ...... ...

Superior Global And TransTech Acquired By IMedx
Jul 22, 2014

Has anyone else heard about these deals?  ...

Has Nuance Acquired Future-Net (California), Sten-Tel Catuogno Or MDNetwork?
Jan 02, 2015

Does anybody know if the companies mentioned will be absorbed or had been bought by Nuance recently? ...

My Idea. Give All The Newly Acquired Accounts To The Indians To Muddle
May 07, 2015

....worked into reasonable enough shape, ship it to us to keep the clients happy and maybe make money for a change. Just the opposite of what is occurring now where we are the ones doing all the heavy lifting, all the time losing jobs when those clients' work types are shipped to India. How about it, Nuance?  ...