A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Zylomed acquired by Accentus - Good or Bad??? - llr

Posted: Nov 02, 2010

nm

Have not heard or seen this info. - When did this happen?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Email sent out - today

[ In Reply To ..]
x

From Accentus or Zylomed? - I have not received one.

[ In Reply To ..]
What kind of info does it give?
Sent from ZyloMed - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If you work for Zylo and didn't get an email, contact your AM.
Oh well. I didn't get one from Zylo. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if they sent to employees and IC's and if it is all of Zylomed.
To sm - mc
[ In Reply To ..]
Check your spam. Sometimes I get email from zylo in my spam. Also it was from Patrick Laux who is the owner. The subject line says Please read. If you did not know that he was the owner you might think it is from an unknown person and delete it. Like previous poster said ask you account manager for a copy. I think it was a well written letter with a lot of thought behind it.
Lol. You are right. I did get it and deleted it - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked here for years and did not recognize the name, so I of course deleted it. Thank you as I would have never noticed it. It sounds very positive.
Letter from Accentus - amh
[ In Reply To ..]
Accentus just sent out an email. I think it's funny, though, that there's a typo in it. heheheheh

"ZyloMed is a solidly build (BUILT) and solidly managed organization."

According to one of the AMs I talked to.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It should be a good change. Everything will be "business as usual for Zylo." Nothing will change schedule-wise, pay-wise, your exclusives will be the same, etc. What will be available is more accounts, more room to grow, etc. Overall, it sounds very positive.

That's what Transcend said too - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
when they bought MDI.

I agree. Looks like the owner of Zylo will still - have a big part

[ In Reply To ..]
I think most changes would be positive. When speaking in terms of MTSO's, it is a wonderful company. I had posted earlier that I deleted the email because I did recognize the name, and that is because I am pretty much left alone. I do my job, get a paycheck, etc. Not bombarded with emails like some of the other MTSOs. My hopes are for possibly some PTO to be added for MTs, but ZyloMed has been good enough to work for that I have been willing to go without that. I hope the structure stays the same, but since the same person seems to be running the show, I don't really see that as being a problem.

Re: "According to one of the AMs you talked to......" - Meg

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds EXACTLY like the garbage MDI-MD fed us. Don't buy it.

I'm thinking the same thing myself - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It all sounds well and good, but this is a familiar tune, and having the old owner around for a period does not give the warm fuzzies; correct me if my memory is wrong, but didn't the MDI owner hang around long enough to reassure everyone that nothing would change before she jumped into her Phantom Rolls and rode off into the sunset? And it shoots to h-e-double toothpicks my attempt to sit smugly at an USA-owned company for the last few years.

On the other hand, it has not been gobbled off by an Indian firm, and the only thing I could find negative about them with a cursory google search was a year old posting about some newbies who were cut loose when they did not improve to Accentus standards after several months.

So I'm not jumping ship yet, but I will be back to actively looking and testing 'cause this ain't my first rodeo and I'm not getting bucked off again.

I'm sure there is a tiny worry for everyone - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
who works there, just because there is a change, and change can be scary. On the postive, it wasn't bought by one of the mega MTSOs who are known the have a multitude of problems. If we had be bought by MQ, Webmedx or Transcend, I would be probably be quite worried. So, I am very thankful that at least so far I have not seen really anything bad at all to say about Accentus.
It should be more than just a tiny worry...... - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Just be aware, alert, and watch your backs, that's all.

COULD be completely true. MTs are assets acquired and are sometimes - Pragmatist

[ In Reply To ..]
a major reason a company is acquired in the first place. That said, that announcement is also the usual yada-yada offered in takeovers before the changes start and termination notices go out. SOP. No matter, worst case most would still have jobs and other changes would occur over time.

They sent an email for an open conference call concerning this - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
if you want to know more about it and have questions.

Zylomed website says they have openings - JoJo

[ In Reply To ..]
Just looked at their website to see if there were any changes. Their name is still the same as well as all contact info, but they have 3 openings listed on the career page. Two for radiology and 1 for multispecialty.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Acquired Accentus
Nov 20, 2012

To Accentus employees: My condolences. ...

Nuance/Formerly Accentus - Formerly Zylomed
Nov 25, 2013

Has anyone on the clinic side (Formerly Zylomed) of things heard anything at all about some of the things posted here on the Nuance board?  Also, other questions are: 1) The only thing I've been hearing for months is that things "on our side" (meaning the Formerly Zylomed folks) will stay the same - that we'll keep our own exclusives, etc.  Has anyone else heard that or heard anything different?  2)  Does anyone know what will become of current ICs?  Will the ...

Any Accentus/former Zylomed People Get The
Feb 21, 2014

Does not sound so good to me...... As of April 16 we are now employees. I have always been an IC. I do not follow a "web clock." I have always just done my accounts by the TAT required and have been left alone. My last 3 audits have 100, 100 and 99%. I am curious what is in store. I have read a lot of things on this site about minimum wage, etc. I would not even turn over in bed for minimum wage, so I guess I am curious about other MTs in my boat and what they think and plans they might b ...

Accentus US Ambulatory Division, Formerly ZyloMed
Sep 20, 2011

I have checked the archives here about both companies, but does anyone currently work for this division of Accentus?  I just applied for a position with them.  Good/bad/ugly info all appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Another One Bites The Dust - Accentus Acquired By Nuance.
Nov 20, 2012

to really get out of this field.     sigh ...... ...

Accentus Good Or Bad?
Jan 25, 2012

Does anyone have anything to share about this company, good or bad?  Any information would be appreciated.  TIA.   ...

Accentus - GOOD And BAD
Jul 17, 2012

Please - bad and good about working for company.  How are they're accounts - specifically straight typing account?  People?  Do you make the lines consistently? ...

ACCENTUS--VBC? Or Just Really Good Line Rates?
Apr 04, 2012

Is Accentus still just paying for visible black characters and no spaces?  I see that their recent ad mentions line rates, but doesn't state anything about spaces.. ...

To WMX MTs Who Were Acquired
May 04, 2012

Can any of you please share how long it took your pay to be cut after acquisition?  Trying to be strategic about the upcoming switch to them... Thanks so much in advance. ...

Zylomed Cpl
Jun 16, 2011

Does anyone know anything about Zylomed and how and what they pay per line? thanx ...

Zylomed?
Sep 09, 2011

Anyone willing to share their experience with this company? ...

VR At Zylomed?
Nov 08, 2011

I work for ZM and love it there, but we were recently acquired by Accentus and I hear they are big on VR.  Also, the last Emdat update I took showed MModal Editor, which was not in the previous version, so I am wondering if this is the first step to VR at ZM, too.  Just wondered if anyone has any credible information on this.  I would ask my team lead or manager but I do not want it to appear that I may look elsewhere if this is the case, and I am sure they would think that initia ...

JLG Acquired By MedQuist
Sep 16, 2011

Thoughts? ...

TTS Has Been Acquired By Nuance?
Jan 09, 2014

Hello, Does anyone know if TTS has been acquired by Nuance? TIA ...

Anyone Hear Of Zylomed?
Nov 10, 2009

NM ...

What Platform Does Zylomed Use? Does Anyone Know?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone know what platform they use?  Any other info, like pay scale?  Thanks. ...

Has Anyone Worked For Zylomed?
Jul 29, 2010

Trying to research companies before applying. Thanks in advance. ...

Would Someone Who Works For ZYLOMED Please Let Me (sm)
Dec 28, 2010

email them and ask some questions.  It would be very much appreciated.  ...

ZYLOMED - From IC To Emp Status
Jan 26, 2011

Does anyone know why Zylomed starts you out as an IC and then offers employee status?  What does employee status get you?  PTO?  Benefits?  I understand there is no VR, do you know if it is all clinic transcription?  Are there any incentives?  Sorry for all the questions, but changing companies is so hard these days :)  Thanks for your help! ...

No Work At Zylomed?
Aug 11, 2011

Anyone work for Zylomed exeriencing the same problem?  For weeks now, only a trickle of work, sometimes nothing all day??  Summertime blues? ...

Zylomed Transcription
Aug 01, 2014

Years ago I worked for Zylomed Transcription.  I know they have changed their name.  They are a company based in Florida.  In applying for jobs I do NOT want to apply to this company as they were horrible to work for.  Does anybody know what their new name is? ...

Article About MQ Acquired 2 New Companies
Sep 21, 2011

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-holdings-increases-performance-goals-for-2011-2011-09-19 Article below states how much MQ bought the 2 new companies.  It also acquired All Type Medical Transcription Services and JLG Medical Transcription Services, medical transcription providers with $13 million http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9PS0QU00.htm ...

Etransplus Acquired By Medquist
Oct 03, 2011

Right now I am so devastated and upset I don't know what to do.  Etransplus, the people whom I work for fulltime (I work part-time for Medquist) was acquired by Medquist.  I wanted so much to not have to work for Medquist fulltime.  This is so devastating.  I was so much loving typing and doing ASR work at night, it was such a change . It was easier to just get that SMALL  paycheck that I receive from Medquist and the LARGE check I got from Etransplus, but now, I am ...

M*Modal To Be Acquired By One Equity For $1.1 Bln
Jul 02, 2012

Read all about it...#$%# is going hit the fan now! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-acquired-approximately-1-011200480.html ...

Was Futurenet Acquired By MModal?
Jan 16, 2013

xx ...

GIS Acquired By IMedX. Any Input?
Dec 27, 2013

x ...

Did All The Acquired Employees Get Their I-9's Turned In?
Mar 19, 2014

What a fiasco. ...

FYI - COMPANIES NUANCE ACQUIRED
Jun 12, 2014

Just found this. Scan down to see all of the acquisitions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuance_Communications ...

Any Info On Working For Zylomed
Jan 16, 2010

Does anyone currently work for Zylomed out there?  I saw a post from mb for this company and said the company was great to work for.  I would like to email someone that works for them--anyone know anything about the inscribe program they use?  good line counts? ...

Zylomed PT/FT Line Requirements? Sm
Mar 30, 2010

I'm thinking about applying but can't find anything on their website which says what their minimum line requirements are for full-time...if anyone could tell me it might save me a lot of time...thanks much! ...