A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FYI - COMPANIES NUANCE ACQUIRED - 7th child

Posted: Jun 12, 2014

Just found this. Scan down to see all of the acquisitions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuance_Communications

Companies Acquired by Nuance - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
It's like a giant vacuum cleaner, sucking up everything as it goes along. In other words, Nuance sucks!

And it creates a monopoly where there is no competition - and MTs will continue to be unappreciated

[ In Reply To ..]
The Nuance monopoly also ensures line rates will go down and more American jobs will be shipped to India.

I can't even say $1,855.3 million. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
WOW! I have no words.

Didn't they recently acquire Emdat, too? - sadie

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe it was just within the last several months.

Similar Messages:

Article About MQ Acquired 2 New Companies
Sep 21, 2011

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-holdings-increases-performance-goals-for-2011-2011-09-19 Article below states how much MQ bought the 2 new companies.  It also acquired All Type Medical Transcription Services and JLG Medical Transcription Services, medical transcription providers with $13 million http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9PS0QU00.htm ...

TTS Has Been Acquired By Nuance?
Jan 09, 2014

Hello, Does anyone know if TTS has been acquired by Nuance? TIA ...

Nuance Acquired Accentus
Nov 20, 2012

To Accentus employees: My condolences. ...

Heard Nuance Acquired Probity
Aug 28, 2013

A friend who works for Probity says they were informed today they were sold to Nuance.  I checked Google and there is no official report of this yet, but thought I would warn anyone applying to Probity trying to get away from Pukenance! ...

Wow...Nuance Acquired Probity? Look Out MModal..
Aug 29, 2013

I can't wait to see who wins the war and which one is left standing.  Two classic examples of money hungry, worthless management companies I have EVER worked at.  I hope they BOTH wind up in the trash can bankrupt.  I only wish MTs could band together and make that happen sooner rather than later.  This is all just so senseless.  Ruination of lives..... ...

FutureNet Technologies Acquired By Nuance?
Dec 05, 2014

FutureNet Technologies acquired by Nuance? ...

Another One Bites The Dust - Accentus Acquired By Nuance.
Nov 20, 2012

to really get out of this field.     sigh ...... ...

Has Nuance Acquired Future-Net (California), Sten-Tel Catuogno Or MDNetwork?
Jan 02, 2015

Does anybody know if the companies mentioned will be absorbed or had been bought by Nuance recently? ...

With Nuance, You Were Only Ever Acquired To Be "liquidated."
Nov 07, 2014

Fiesa is the tool whereby they accomplish this without having to fire all but a few...because most MTs exposed to it quit in frustration first. IT IS THEIR PLAN AND WAS ALL ALONG. And THIS is the reason many of us still get on here and try to warn away anyone even considering hiring on. Please help spread this horror story around the industry! ...

How Many Companies Are Part Of Nuance?
Feb 09, 2011

I was just reading another thread which makes me wonder how many companies are part of Nuance?  I take it Focus, OSI, Encompass,  some connection with Webmedx (maybe just with overflow), SGS, Execuscribe, Meditech.  Any others?  I'd really like to know because it seems every time I tried in the past to look for a new job I ended up applying with the same basic MTSO, though different names.  Is there any way to find out the names of the MTSOs that get swall ...

Does Anyone Know Who The Next Biggest Few Companies Are After MM And Nuance?
Sep 02, 2012

I have watched all the mergers and acquisitions over the last few years, and I every company I go to work for sells to one of them. Who is left that is still pretty big? Part of it is just my being curious. I used to know who the biggest 10 companies were, now I have no idea. Does anyone else know? ...

Nuance - One Of The Better Companies IMHO
Sep 21, 2012

Why would anyone praise a company that just terminated them?  Why no bitter recriminations? Well, because it was my fault - that's why.  I had told the company when I was hired that I would be unavailable for a part of the summer due to some obligations that I had already undertaken.  I was away for about 2+ weeks, thinking nothing much about it, and when I came back found that I couldn't log on, etc. I hadn't received any communication from the company, so I chec ...

Which Companies Have NOT Been Bought Out By Nuance Yet?!! Nm
Apr 09, 2013

x ...

Fed Up With Nuance - Suggestions For Other Companies?
Dec 03, 2013

I have just about had it with Nuance. Does anyone have any suggestions for other companies?  I have a little bit over a year of experience doing acute care.  I was hoping I could stick it out with Nuance to get at least 2 years of experience but I don't see that happening and I know most places want at least 2 years. Please help me! Thanks ...

ARE THERE ANY COMPANIES NUANCE DOESN'T OWN??!!
Dec 24, 2013

So, I have been looking around seeing what else is out there. First of all, don't you wish you could put a giant WARNING sign across the web sites for on line MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION courses??? Wow, what a joke! They are still calling it a great career! They are still saying you will be in demand and make 30,000 plus a year! I saw some sites from a few years ago where newbies were trying to find jobs and getting discouraged. People were telling them not to worry, they will be fine, etc. ...

What Companies Use EScription BESIDES Nuance
Nov 10, 2014

I'm not too fond of Fluency/DoQscribe.  The platform itself is nice, but it doesn't seem to be as good at speech recognition as eScription.  Fluency is very user friendly, but when I worked at MM it produced horrible drafts on speech recognition.  I know that could in part be attributed to multiple MTs using a variety of editing styles, which could cause the platform to not learn, but all I know is it was a struggle getting a good line count with VR on Fluency.  Can ...

For Those Who Worked At Companies Bought Out By Nuance
Jun 23, 2011

Just wondering if there were any warning signs before you were bought out?  Or anything unusual happening?  The company I work for now hires Nuance to do our audits and had them do HIPAA training for us.  Now, I am worried they will be buying the company out.  I am probably being paranoid but just wondering. ...

Nuance Medical And Dental - What Companies Do They Have Coverage With?
Oct 20, 2011

Thanks ...

Opinions On 3 Companies-Nuance, Transcend And MModal
Feb 01, 2012

I am currently an IC but seeking an employee position that offer a good workflow, decent insurance family rates and retirement plan.  Do any of these 3 companies offer anything like this? I hate going back out into an office but may have to.  It has occured to me as I am getting older that I have no retirement or decent insurance so something has to give. Opinions please. ...

Americas Worst Companies To Work For ... Nuance
Jul 25, 2013

I'm shocked...why isn't Nuance on this list? http://www.boston.com/business/2013/07/24/the-worst-company-work-for/hq7XqNWfC6ZpkZcRCZcoeO/story.html ...

Largest Transcription Companies Out There That Are Not Affiliated With Nuance?
Apr 10, 2014

What are some of the largest transcription companies out there that are not affiliated with Nuance?  It is way too hard to get a parttime job with smaller independent hospitals.  ...

Are There Any Companies That Provide Computer Equipment? Tired Of Nuance
Jan 31, 2014

xx ...

Any Companies With Insurance Deductibles Less Than 2500? Can't Afford Nuance Anymore Nm
Nov 30, 2013

xx ...

How Long Does It Take Nuance To Convert Platforms To Their Methods On Companies And Accounts Acquire
Sep 24, 2013

My company was acquired by Nuance a few months back and so far the only thing that has changed has been e-mail addresses.  Paystubs even still reflect our original company name.  Will they keep our proprietary platform or make us change to eScription soon?  Also, we're all ICs.  Does anyone know if we will be required to become Nuance employees at the first of the year?  ...

To WMX MTs Who Were Acquired
May 04, 2012

Can any of you please share how long it took your pay to be cut after acquisition?  Trying to be strategic about the upcoming switch to them... Thanks so much in advance. ...

JLG Acquired By MedQuist
Sep 16, 2011

Thoughts? ...

Etransplus Acquired By Medquist
Oct 03, 2011

Right now I am so devastated and upset I don't know what to do.  Etransplus, the people whom I work for fulltime (I work part-time for Medquist) was acquired by Medquist.  I wanted so much to not have to work for Medquist fulltime.  This is so devastating.  I was so much loving typing and doing ASR work at night, it was such a change . It was easier to just get that SMALL  paycheck that I receive from Medquist and the LARGE check I got from Etransplus, but now, I am ...

M*Modal To Be Acquired By One Equity For $1.1 Bln
Jul 02, 2012

Read all about it...#$%# is going hit the fan now! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-acquired-approximately-1-011200480.html ...

Was Futurenet Acquired By MModal?
Jan 16, 2013

xx ...

GIS Acquired By IMedX. Any Input?
Dec 27, 2013

x ...