A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

heard Nuance acquired Probity - anon

Posted: Aug 28, 2013

A friend who works for Probity says they were informed today they were sold to Nuance.  I checked Google and there is no official report of this yet, but thought I would warn anyone applying to Probity trying to get away from Pukenance!

It's True - Sad Day

[ In Reply To ..]
The employees were just informed this morning via e-mail. I've worked there for Probity for nearly 5 years. After reading everything on this board, I think it's time for me to look elsewhere. I don't do SR and I hear Nuance has quite a bit!! I, for one, am not a happy camper!!

Sad Day - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So sorry to hear that you were gobbled up by N. Everything on this board is true. You will be promised the moon, but all you will get is beaten down until you feel like the worst MT in the world. I have been in transcription for 20+ years and NEVER have I been treated like this. Searching every day for a job. Useless TMs, no response on questions, and FIESA will make you so mad that you want to just walk away. I have never quit a job in my career, but I have been very tempted to just walk away. Voice wreck is a joke and Nuance needs to stick to what they do best, acquiring other companies. They don't have a clue about transcription. People that have no grasp of the English language will be scoring your reports to make things even worse.

Again, my condolences.

Acquired by Nuance - Just Sick

[ In Reply To ..]
Needless to say, I lost a lot of sleep last night worrying about the company I work for, Probity, being acquired by Nuance.....or as some of my fellow MTs are calling it....a sell out by management. Most of us went to work for a small company to get away from all the "joys" (sarcasm) of working for a large company. I have MAJOR problems with work being sent offshore, so that is a HUGE reason for me not to stay with them, and all of the nit-picking of errors that I have read about on here is enough to make me want to buy a Xanax salt lick. I've been an MT for over 25 years and I'm too old for this crap! They really have QA people from India reviewing our work????? You have got to be kidding me!!! Those of you who worked for companies that were acquired by Nuance, how long before the changes start taking place??

It's true, but tell me why it's bad? - Spud

[ In Reply To ..]
I have read a lot on this board about all the reasons it is bad.

Do I need to start looking for a different job?

some have good experience here, most do not - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There won't be immediate changes, it takes a while for them to change over (6 months to a year) so my suggestion would be to work on your resume and have it ready. Some on this board say they have positive experiences. I was with Webmedx and still love my supervisor, but everything else has been extremely disappointing....pay cuts, the QA process and Fiesa (read below). I am in school and am almost finished and will soon hopefully be out of this profession. Good luck!

What is Fiesa? nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
FIESA is where all of your reports sent to QA will - be reviewed and points deducted
[ In Reply To ..]
for blanks filled in, critical errors, anything else found on the 100% review (all reports sent to QA are subject to 100% review by QC staff). The scores on these will make you feel bad, but don't play into your bonus pay, etc. Post delivery audits are also done through FIESA and many by QA in India and these scores will count towards your bonus pay (which you will find impossible to make).

The changes will take some time, but know they are coming. My company also was taken over by Nuance and it's been a nightmare ever since.

Good luck and if you're smark, start looking now while you have the transition time to fall back on.

some have good experiences - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
Totally agree. I too was with Webmedx and also love my supervisor. She is the best! After the second pay cut from Nuance and the Fiesa BS, I too started school. I have one more year then I am so out of here into a field that has absolutely nothing to do with the medical field. After 25 years in this business, Nuance is the worst of the worst.
Sounds like my account too... sm - NuAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
I think I can hold out with the accounts I have for another year maybe a bit longer if nothing else changes.

What did you go back to school to learn? I know I need to do something, I just cannot decide what.....
Resistance is Futile - Emi
[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked for Probity for over five years. This news was devastating to me and I'm sure to many others who know of Nuance's reputation as a destroyer of worlds. I've heard and read too many horror stories about this company. I didn't like what I read in the FAQ sheet Nuance sent to us about what this acquisition would mean for us. I think I found it more insulting that they tried to portray this as "exciting news" � as if the majority of us don't know this means doom. And when I say they, I mean Nuance. I've yet to see an email from anyone from Probity actually addressing the situation. I knew my days as an MT were numbered, but I was hoping for just a couple more years to see my kids get to high school. Guess it's time to get out of these pajamas and back into the real world.

This is a sinking ship, Ladies! Jump while you still can.

It is bad because Nuance is probably the worst - MTSO I ever had displeasure of working for

[ In Reply To ..]
The QC/QA alone is enough to drive you to the very edge of sanity.

You never know if your PTO has been approved until the very last minute, and many times it is NOT approved.

I have been an MT for 15 years and it was honestly the worst job I ever had and I worked for Medquist, that should be all you need to know.

Bad? You have an exciting opportunity - to spend all day

[ In Reply To ..]
at the keyboard waiting for work, being marked of 3 points for what used to be 1 point, being scolded and dissed for work you used to take pride in and... oh, did I mention? lower pay? You may not think that is bad... oh, and I also forgot the part about "nothing will change for you" but it will, oh boy will it. You may not think that sounds bad but trust me, it is all that and more.

barf - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

probity home page now says "part of Nuance" nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Wow...Nuance Acquired Probity? Look Out MModal..
Aug 29, 2013

I can't wait to see who wins the war and which one is left standing.  Two classic examples of money hungry, worthless management companies I have EVER worked at.  I hope they BOTH wind up in the trash can bankrupt.  I only wish MTs could band together and make that happen sooner rather than later.  This is all just so senseless.  Ruination of lives..... ...

TTS Has Been Acquired By Nuance?
Jan 09, 2014

Hello, Does anyone know if TTS has been acquired by Nuance? TIA ...

Nuance Acquired Accentus
Nov 20, 2012

To Accentus employees: My condolences. ...

FYI - COMPANIES NUANCE ACQUIRED
Jun 12, 2014

Just found this. Scan down to see all of the acquisitions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuance_Communications ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called Probity Medical Transcription?
Oct 15, 2009

If so, how are they to work for?  Is the pay competitive?  Do they pay for spaces?  Any info is greatly appreciated. ...

FutureNet Technologies Acquired By Nuance?
Dec 05, 2014

FutureNet Technologies acquired by Nuance? ...

Another One Bites The Dust - Accentus Acquired By Nuance.
Nov 20, 2012

to really get out of this field.     sigh ...... ...

Has Nuance Acquired Future-Net (California), Sten-Tel Catuogno Or MDNetwork?
Jan 02, 2015

Does anybody know if the companies mentioned will be absorbed or had been bought by Nuance recently? ...

Former Probity Now Nuance
Jan 27, 2014

Any former Probity now Nuance employees get their W2s yet?  I've checked the Workforce now whatever that is for W2s and there is nothing there.  Since we were with Paychex until near the end of December, Paychex should be sending them out, right?  I cannot get my TSM, or whatever they are called now, to answer me. Thanks in advance. ...

Probity-Nuance Merge
Feb 11, 2014

Any comments from present or former employess or either Probity or Nuance?   ...

Probity/Nuance Data Breach
Jun 09, 2014

Anyone get a notice of data security incident from PayTime regarding a hackers getting payroll information on MTs? OMG the list of information they got for me includes SS#, direct deposit bank account, DOB, phone number, home address, hire date, wage information . . . This is just so frustrating!! ...

Probity Offering Subsidy Since Sold To Nuance.
Jan 05, 2014

Is that typical for when a company is sold? I had not heard of it before. When does Probity plan to go to speech recognition? I see they have an ad on another site. Do new employees applying at Probity get the subsidy as well?  I wonder if it is worthwhile to apply and work for them for the life of the subsidy (6 months) and then quit. Anyone from Probity have any insight on this?  ...

With Nuance, You Were Only Ever Acquired To Be "liquidated."
Nov 07, 2014

Fiesa is the tool whereby they accomplish this without having to fire all but a few...because most MTs exposed to it quit in frustration first. IT IS THEIR PLAN AND WAS ALL ALONG. And THIS is the reason many of us still get on here and try to warn away anyone even considering hiring on. Please help spread this horror story around the industry! ...

Probity - Any Current Information On Probity?
Feb 09, 2012

Does anyone have any current information on Probity?  I was just offered a job and would like some information before I accept.  There weren't many current posts when I searched.  Thank you! ...

I Heard That OSi/Nuance Is Mainly VR And ESL's Now? - Sm
Feb 17, 2011

Is this true?  I haven't worked for them for about 5 years now and was thinking about reapplying with them but don't know now...   Any OSi'ers out there that can clear this up?  Any other info would be great, too!  Thanks!  ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Nuance Escription Service?
Oct 02, 2012

Has anyone heard of Nuance escription service? Apparently the hospital I transcribe for has decided that they don't want to use the contract service I am currently with and are going to this. My current employer tells me that the pay rate will be less than what she pays which is .10 a line. I can barely make it sometimes on that. I'm not sure how I will do on less pay. It does have more benefits, but I can't pay my bills with those. If anyone has any kind of info on what they pay ...

To WMX MTs Who Were Acquired
May 04, 2012

Can any of you please share how long it took your pay to be cut after acquisition?  Trying to be strategic about the upcoming switch to them... Thanks so much in advance. ...

JLG Acquired By MedQuist
Sep 16, 2011

Thoughts? ...

Article About MQ Acquired 2 New Companies
Sep 21, 2011

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-holdings-increases-performance-goals-for-2011-2011-09-19 Article below states how much MQ bought the 2 new companies.  It also acquired All Type Medical Transcription Services and JLG Medical Transcription Services, medical transcription providers with $13 million http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9PS0QU00.htm ...

Etransplus Acquired By Medquist
Oct 03, 2011

Right now I am so devastated and upset I don't know what to do.  Etransplus, the people whom I work for fulltime (I work part-time for Medquist) was acquired by Medquist.  I wanted so much to not have to work for Medquist fulltime.  This is so devastating.  I was so much loving typing and doing ASR work at night, it was such a change . It was easier to just get that SMALL  paycheck that I receive from Medquist and the LARGE check I got from Etransplus, but now, I am ...

M*Modal To Be Acquired By One Equity For $1.1 Bln
Jul 02, 2012

Read all about it...#$%# is going hit the fan now! http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-acquired-approximately-1-011200480.html ...

Was Futurenet Acquired By MModal?
Jan 16, 2013

xx ...

GIS Acquired By IMedX. Any Input?
Dec 27, 2013

x ...

Did All The Acquired Employees Get Their I-9's Turned In?
Mar 19, 2014

What a fiasco. ...

Zylomed Acquired By Accentus - Good Or Bad???
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Ready To Cry - MxSecure Acquired By M*Modal
Nov 07, 2012

Yet another good company bites the dust due to M*Modal.  We have a 12-hour window, weekends off, paid holidays and sick days, and incentives.  I purposely took this job because  MxSecure is also a software company so thought this couldn't happen.   Biting my nails as to what changes are ahead. ...

Superior Global And TransTech Acquired By IMedx
Jul 22, 2014

Has anyone else heard about these deals?  ...

My Idea. Give All The Newly Acquired Accounts To The Indians To Muddle
May 07, 2015

....worked into reasonable enough shape, ship it to us to keep the clients happy and maybe make money for a change. Just the opposite of what is occurring now where we are the ones doing all the heavy lifting, all the time losing jobs when those clients' work types are shipped to India. How about it, Nuance?  ...

RI Or Probity???
Nov 18, 2011

Applied and have interviews with both.  RI is IC which I know nothing about being.  Which company would you work for?? ...

Anyone Know Anything About Probity?
Mar 13, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Probity?   Thanks in advance. ...