A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Capitalization - Los Angeles class/Class A esophagitis - sm

Posted: Dec 17, 2012

Los Angeles class/Class A esophagitis. Is "class" capped or no?   Thank you.

this is just a sample from BOS 2nd Edition, looks like classes - are not capped, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Mallampati-Samsoon classification of airway
With the patient seated upright, mouth opened as wide as possible and
tongue protruding, the anesthesiologist examines the airway—soft palate,
tonsillar fauces, tonsillar pillars, and uvula—to evaluate the ease or
difficulty of intubation: class I (easy intubation) through class IV (nearly
impossible intubation).
Lowercase class and use roman numerals

The cardiac class samples say lowercase class also among other classes listed.

Similar Messages:

Class 2 Or Class II Tuberculosis (nm)
Dec 30, 2010

x ...

ASA Class...
Dec 17, 2009

Roman numerals or arabic??? (ASA class 3 or class III) Thanks! ...

Class
Jun 28, 2010

I studied ALL WEEKEND and I think I am getting it.  It seems the more that you code the more that you understand.  I am excited about this class.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for many, many years and I want something different for a change.  Transcribing is getting old! ...

Anyone Who Took CareerStep Class
Nov 09, 2009

A friend of mine is taking the CareerStep class for MT (although I tried to talk her out of it).  Anyway she is in the transcription part, and using the disks that were supplied with the course.  How did you listen to and transcribe from this.  She put the disk in the disk drive of her computer, but there is no way to start/stop the dictation, etc. and I believe it would be very frustrating.  Or are we both missing something?  Did you use expresscribe or something and do ...

Webmedx CMT Class. Sm
Jan 09, 2010

Has any Webbies out there ever taken this class?  If so, would it be worth it?  Just curious before I sign up for it.  TIA. ...

How About That Anatomy Class?
Jun 29, 2010

"1 spray each nose daily."  Wonder how many people with more than 1 nose this doc has seen?  Do you leave it as is or change it to something less stupid? ...

Salary Class
Jun 16, 2010

on my pay it says salary class 40 what does that refer to? ...

Coding Class
Jun 19, 2010

I am taking a coding and billing course on-line and I am almost finished, but I am having trouble.  I just do not get it. I code and then find out it should have been a different code. I start in the alphabetical index and then check the tabular index, but there is also the E and V and everything. I have a hard time with the order of things. If anyone can help this poor soul it would be great. :-) ...

Mallampati Class
Jan 13, 2011

Is it Mallampati class 3 or would it be class III? ...

Help On A Class Of Medication
Nov 25, 2011

Doctor dictates patient is allergic to aspirin and s/l "Steff-ins." Is "Steff-ins" a class of a medicatiion?  I cannot document how it's spelled.  Thank you very much!! ...

Now, Class....Can Anyone Tell Me What Is Wrong Here? Sm
Dec 10, 2011

His CT of the head did not show dyspareunia. ...

PT Is Really A Second-class Citizen..sm
Jun 11, 2015

It used to be you were eligible for some benefits; even some companies had hospitalization.  Now we don't even get any holiday pay.  I swear, I will NEVER work another holiday unless it is absolutely unavoidable.  Just because I am now semi-retired and only work part time doesn't mean I am NOT making a viable contribution to your (now) lousy company. ...

Melon Paddy Class?
Dec 14, 2009

s/l melon paddy class Patient going in for fiberoptic bronchoscopy and bronchoaveloar lavage.  Doctor states, "The patient was consented and 'melon paddy class 2,' ASA class 2. I'm thinking this might be an acronym but can't find anything. ...

Class 1 Hill-Vall?
Feb 11, 2010

She has subsequently undergone upper GI endoscopy in August 2009 that demonstrated a class 1 "Hill-Vall" but no frank or severe esophagitis..... ...

Where Is The Class Action Lawyer?
Mar 03, 2010

There ought to be class action lawyers lined around the block to represent us!!! ...

UPDATE On HIPAA Class
Jun 04, 2010

Here's the latest in my inbox: "These classes will vary in topic and although we will strongly suggest you take some or all of the classes in the end that decision will be up to you. They will not be mandatory as previously communicated but strongly encouraged for any MLS who wants to continue their education and professional training. HIPAA is the first class we loaded into the system because of the new regulations which became effective in February.  Some of these regulations a ...

Angina Class III To III And A Half??
Aug 20, 2010

Has anyone come across this...dictator says...angina class III to III and a half.  Would that be the proper way of putting in report??? ...

Any Ex-DSGers Go To That Training Class Yet? (sm)
May 07, 2012

I'm curious as to why it takes almost all day... is it just training on DQS or other stuff, too? And is there is a break for lunch and are there periodic bathroom breaks? I'm dying to know! ...

Class Action Lawsuit?
Apr 08, 2013

Wondering how/if all of us who work for MModal can start a class action lawsuit against them?  What for you ask?  Oh gee......lying to us, taking our work away from us, saying they'll pay a certain amount but really do not, bad TSMs.....etc, etc.  What all those are called in legal terms, I have no idea.  I am 60 years old and not close to retirement age yet.....Michigan does not allow part time UE, so what the heck am I going to do for a living for the next 2 years?&nbs ...

How Do You Get A Class Action Suit
May 20, 2013

Sorry - awhile back thought I was going to lose my job.  I am so fed up with they keep lying to us about our pay, etc, - well I am cornerstone - saw someome on here the other day -usually do not see Cornerstone- anyway - I just emailed Shaw or whatever his name is - Amay's second hand guy - kind of scared but at the same time feel empowered ...

M-Modal Coding Class
Jul 31, 2014

When will the current MM coding class end?  Will they be having another one?  Also, any comments on the training classes?  Thanks. ...

Anyboby Ever Take AHIMA's A&P Class?
May 20, 2015

Just wondering is anyone has taken the AHIMA A&P class and what did you think of it?  I need an A&P class  but consider myself more of a visual learner.  Is is just reading chapters or are there videos explaining things in detail?  If you have a recommendation on another class, please feel free to advise.  Thanks here is the link: http://cancerregistryeducation.org/products/1190/anatomy-physiology-human-disease ...

FYI: Grade, Stage, Type, Class
Mar 30, 2010

Grade gets arabic.  Stage, type, and class get Roman numerals.  (Exception is type 2 diabetes.)  None of them have initial caps (grade 2, stage II, type II, class II). ...

Too Good Not To Share... When Insults Had Class!
Aug 10, 2010

When Insults Had Class  These glorious insults are from an era before the English language gotboiled down to 4-letter words.A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on thegallows or of some unspeakable disease.""That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policiesor your mistress.""He had delusions of adequacy." - Walter Kerr"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill"I have never killed a man, ...

Teacher: Class, How Can We Be More Creative With MT Pay Gouging?
Oct 02, 2013

If a person types 60 words a minute (roughly six lines with 10 words per line), and it takes two minutes to type those six lines (roughly twice the amount of time as dictated), that equates to this: 30 minutes divided by 6 lines equals 5 cents, divided by 2 for the time factor of typing = 2.5 cents a line. I guess we are seeing the new low in the MT limbo dance. ...

Transcend Class Action Lawsuit
Jan 29, 2014

Does anyone have any idea how the above lawsuit is progressing.  I received an e-mail a few months ago, informing us Transcend had not compiled all the necessary discovery and they had a second hearing late last year.  Maybe one of the original 13 or so plaintiffs has some information ? Thanking you in advance.   ...

Class Action Suits. All The Comments Below That Nothing
Apr 05, 2014

can be done. That is SO NOT true, and I hate to state the obvious, the elephant in OUR room here, that its likely management trolls.  The law firm listed below is fantastic.  And class actions work where 1 or 2 Plaintiffs step up and its converted to a class action for all employees. That's where ya sit back, don't have to do squat, the pros go over payroll and you get compensated if wages are calculated to be do you. Its simple, NOT some big drama fest.  This IS America ...

Class Action Lawsuit MModal
May 10, 2014

Anyone know about any class action lawsuit by employees in terms of MModal? ...

Transcend And Class Action Lawsuit
Aug 01, 2014

Does anyone have any information regarding the above-mentioned lawsuit, plaintiffs v. Transcend? ...

MT Survey For Statistics Class Project
Oct 10, 2014

Hello Medical Transcriptionists, Past and Present!  I'm doing a survey of current and former MTs for my Intro to Statistics project.  Your participation would be deeply appreciated!  Answers are confidential.  I’m collecting data about MTs in the USA - what they know, what they have experienced, and what they think.  Data will be compiled, analyzed and presented in a final report.   Please consider adding your voice to this project.  Your input ...