A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone laid off live in Michigan by chance? - sm

Posted: Apr 05, 2013

Saw this ad posted here, but the training is on site in Michigan -- 9 cpl for SR?? Wow!!

http://forum.mtstars.com/472346.html

Response to Anyone Laid Off Live In Michigan By Chance? - KyraK

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not worth it....those doctors in Jackson, MI as well as around that area are nearly 100% ESL doctors....

Like we don't do that all day anyway? - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
100% ESL is all I get all day every day and I would take 1 account over the 30-50 I get on a daily basis. If I lived anywhere close I would apply tomorrow.

This company loves to make us feel worthless and only focus on the negative, but while they were not looking their employees gained skills of multitasking and trained our ears for different accents as well as gained knowledge on multiple types of reports. We also have learned to spin gold out of garbage and somehow work their ASR system to make what little money we can. Any company out there knows that Mmodal MTs can handle any doctor, any account, any work type. Mmodal MTs are a valuable asset to every other company but the very one they work for apparently.

Response to Like we don't do that all day anyway? - KyraK

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for MModal way back when it was Medquist. I worked for the doctors in the Jackson, Ann Arbor and Detroit area. It was a nightmare! One night I only did 2 reports because I could not understand these doctors at Hospital. I've learned over the years how to listen to them and do my best, but Hospital is a nightmare to work for because of those ESL docs. I wouldn't waste my time on that job.

Read carefully. It's actually 90 cents per line. - Must be a typo.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Response to read carefully, its actually 90 cents per line - KyraK

[ In Reply To ..]
Bwahahahahaha! That's funny!

Similar Messages:

Anyone From Michigan Dealing With TAA?
Jan 14, 2010

How did it work for you?  I am getting  a gut full of objections.  This is crazy! ...

DataScript, Michigan
Sep 19, 2012

Thinking of working for DataScript, but saw a post from BABS about nonpayment.  I wondered if this is a trend for this company or a one-time thing.  Before I accept position, would like to know if anyone else has had postive or negative experience with them.  Thanks! ...

Datascript Michigan
Sep 25, 2012

Any information about Datascript Systems Michigan?  As far as non payment, etc.  If you don't feel comfortable stating here, would you please email me, I don't want to work for free! ...

Cardus In Michigan
Jul 15, 2014

Does anyone currently work for Cardus in Michigan and if so, can you please tell me how it is to work for this company? Thank you! ...

Anyone Familiar With Cardus, Inc In Michigan?
Jul 22, 2013

. ...

Anyone Heard Of Atlas Trancription In Michigan
Nov 05, 2009

Just trying to find out more information about Atlas Transcription in Detroit Michigan. ...

Worked For Netmed Transcription In Michigan?
Feb 15, 2010

Has anybody worked for Netmed Transcription in Michigan?  Any info would be greatly appreciated! ...

STAT Transcription Davis Michigan
Dec 29, 2010

Looking for information on this company.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Works For SOAP Transcription Out Of Michigan?
Dec 29, 2011

I wonder if anyone works for SOAP Transcription out of Michigan, and if so can you tell me anything about the company? Thanks in advance. ...

Here Is Your Chance EVERYONE!
Feb 06, 2010

This is an article about how MQ wants to buy Spheris and CBAY wants to buy the other part of Spheris.  At the end of this article is for you to post your comments and let these people know what we think!!!  I just did my part and let them know what  I really thought of all this!!    http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20100205/NEWS/302059988/1153   What do you think? Write us with your comments at hitsdaily@modernhealthcare.com. Please include your name, tit ...

Here Is Your Last Chance EVERYONE!
Feb 06, 2010

This is an article about how MQ wants to buy Spheris and CBAY wants to buy the other part of Spheris.  At the end of this article is for you to post your comments and let these people know what we think!!!  I just did my part and let them know what  I really thought of all this!!  If this buyout occurs, it will make MQ and CBAY the largest and all their bad practices will filter down to the rest of the companies and could get worse for MT/QA in the future.  Speak your m ...

I Will Never Have The Chance To Really Get
Sep 08, 2010

I keep getting NJA!! Oh well, I hate it anyway.  I don't like the numbering (can't get used to it and keep typing numbers the old way and then have to go back and fix it).  I HATE the physician lookup now. Lord please get me out of here soon!!!!! ...

If You Had A Chance...
Jun 02, 2011

to pick up your own account, what would you charge? ...

Need A Chance!
Feb 20, 2012

I am a 40+ year old transcriptionist who has been self employed for 15+ years.  I am a hard worker and good at what I do.  Unfortunately my accounts are drying up because of the "Obama Kickback" to physicians who are willing to convert to EMR and I need to get a job on-line.  But as I am finding out no one is willing to give me a chance because I have no acute care experience. I have worked for all kinds of providers: urologist, pediatrician, endocrinologist, but none of that seem ...

Got A Chance At A Gvt Job
Apr 14, 2014

Need to put resume together and get out..Pays to have friends that do the hiring too..Really, really not looking forward to getting up, getting dressed, and traveling..But this horse is almost dead, think it is time for bigger and better things. ...

Just Read Where A Burger Joint In Michigan Is Paying Employees $15/hour, S/m
Sep 11, 2013

nice to know flipping hamburgers is worth more than health information! sarc ...

Fair Chance Or Not?
Mar 03, 2012

Was just wondering if you seasoned MT's think 5 weeks on a new job is a fair chance for a fairly new MT? New platform to be learned, and the dictations were from a big pool with a lot of different doctors, though not many ESL's, and QA was pretty picky. Any opinions on this? ...

Chance To Get Out Of MModal
Oct 21, 2013

Unfortunately, because no one can come close to the low cost of health insurance that M*Modal has, I can't justify switching jobs. WHYYYY does my dear husband have to work for a tiny company that doesn't offer benefits??? WHYYYY, with everything else that is horrible about M*Modal, why do they have to actually offer decent insurance options compared to everything else out there? I can't, in good conscience, walk away from my current situation to one where we would take a big fi ...

No Chance Of A Raise
Oct 27, 2013

As an MT, there's no chance of getting a raise or promotion, and so there's little incentive or motivation, especially being paid pennies per line. Yet, they expect you to participate in continuing education, which takes additional time and perhaps even money. What a joke. They don't expect crew members at McDonald's to take extra time off work hours, and they get paid the same amount. No point in complaining, I know, but it's so ridiculous. ...

Chance Of Getting Unemployment
Jul 28, 2014

Has anyone had any luck in getting unemployment from Nuance after being let go?  It seems like it's taking forever and I wondered if they make it difficult.  TIA. ...

The Idiot Is Back For One Last Chance
Apr 25, 2010

Hi, I really do concur with "Raining Pennies" that it is very important to read the posting guideines. Otherwise, if you inadvertently breach the guidelines, you will wind up getting banned.  I did breech the posting guidelines and I did get banned, but I'm back for one more chance at staying within the "posting guidelines." "Raining Pennies" was correct about how I breached the guidelines.  I quoted some language that I should not have quoted.  And I apologize to the owner ...

To Oracle/OTI MTs, Do You Think There Is Any Chance We Will Be Paid On Friday? Sm
Jun 15, 2011

I have only been there for about 6 weeks, but the payroll lady seems to get the checks out lightning fast.  However, I realize the 15th is happening in the middle of the week, so payday might not be until Monday.  I was just hoping ... thinking maybe some of you "veterans" had seen it paid that quickly, before the weekend.  Regardless, I love it there. :-) Thanks! ...

I Want To Be A Coder So Bad But No One Will Give Me A Chance....aaaghhh
Mar 07, 2013

I spent two years getting my degree and then my RHIT and then my CPC, but I cannot get a job and am beyond frustrated!!!!!  I worked in medical billing before I became an MT, but that was years ago, but that doesn't even matter because I get the same answer every time I apply, "no experience, sorry, we can't hire you." Boooo!!!!!!  I feel like I've wasted two years of life putting myself through school, working nights, spending time away from my family...for what...to be ...

AHDI - Cloudy With A Chance Of A Bright Future
Jul 31, 2013

I see clouds for sure and tornadoes and hurricanes in the "bright future" of MT/MLS or whatever their latest letters are. I haven't had a chance to read it completely yet but here are some of the articles in the latest Plexus: MT to HDS—How Did We Get From There to Here?  - I can give them a few clues on this one! Transcription Trends: Do MTs Still Love Their Jobs? - Wait, I thought they changed our title to MLS? Either way, I say no I do not! Oh here's another one:  ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

Go Live Definition
Oct 30, 2012

I'm new to this - what does "go live" actually mean?  Is it when it goes from strictly straight typing to VR?  Or is it when an MTSO gets a brand new acct?  Thanks! ...

If You Live In Texas And Own An RV
Apr 06, 2013

If you live in Texas (or maybe Louisiana) and own your own RV, consider being a gate guard at a natural gas field. The pay is about $15 an hour and that's 24 hours a day. And while you're sitting in that RV, guess what you can be doing. ...

Live Notes, Anybody?
Jun 08, 2013

I have a chance to get in with an MT company that also offers their ICs a chance at live note taking.  It doesn't pay too good, though, less than what the standard reports pay per audio minute.  I have never done this.  Can someone explain to me how it works?  I have heard that "live notes are typed in one pass."  What does this mean? ...

Windows Live
Oct 01, 2013

Is anyone else having problems this morning?  It won't let me delete email and I'm not sure it sent my email.  I get the following message:  "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity."  There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the bottom right corner and it says "error." ...

New Hire And OOW - On First Live Day? Sm
Apr 24, 2014

Seriously?  Is this typical?  Love how recruitment hyped this place up.  New PT hire, assigned one primary acct, finished the umpteen hours of training, released to TSM and on my first "live" day of work my account is OOW?  Then receive a zip file of emails from TSM sent to the ENTIRE team which include prior employee resignation letters, employees being reprimanded, and the kicker - TSM acknowledges that the work volume on the account that I was assigned to wasn't ...