A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DataScript, Michigan - IAM4GVN

Posted: Sep 19, 2012

Thinking of working for DataScript, but saw a post from BABS about nonpayment.  I wondered if this is a trend for this company or a one-time thing.  Before I accept position, would like to know if anyone else has had postive or negative experience with them.  Thanks!

Curious too... - Anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
I was contacted by DataScript as well. I am also curious if anyone has experience with them. @IAM4GVN did you take the test, and if so, have you heard back? I just took it yesterday.

DataScript - IAM4GVN

[ In Reply To ..]
I took the test yesterday and got a request to sign a contract. Once I fax my contract, I will receive login password to start downloading work. I'm anxious to accept it, but I read one comment on nonpayment. I inquired about payment and they mail a check twice a month. I am thinking of calling them to ask some questions and address this concern. Have nothing to lose, yet... If all goes well, I will post a positive response. If you hear anything, please reply.

DataScript - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for DataScript,you can email me if you have any questions and I will try to answer them for you.
Please do not be so secretive. This grates on my last nerve - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The OP is NOT the only one wanting to know!!!

DataScript - iknowortho

[ In Reply To ..]
I am wondering about this company as well. I took the test yesterday and am waiting to hear back. What are they offering as far as pay? Thanks in advance!
DataScript - Anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
Just heard back that I had passed the test. Then I read the agreement....Possibly working weekends and holidays. .07 a line based on 70-character line, excluding spaces. No wonder they did not give this information before taking the test!
Maybe we should refuse to apply to any ad not putting - the pay range right there in the ad.
[ In Reply To ..]

If people ONLY applied to places that were honest and up-front about what they pay, it might force all those "don't ask - don't tell" MTSOs to be a little more forthright.
Not all are in position to just not work becuase of wording in ad. - Some have to take any job they can get. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

DATASCRIPT DOES NOT PAY! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They owe me over $3000 for a month's work. She gave me ridiculous excuses why she didn't pay, divorce, mid life crises, blah blah. I contacted an attorney who warned me not to file small claims yet because she has lost her house and other assets and is posturing to file BK, and I don't want my lien written off. I have all of the emails and documentation to prove this.

File the small claim - HowTiresome

[ In Reply To ..]
My advice is go ahead and file the small claim. I was forced to do that with a "company" in Martinez, GA. Didn't want to pay what they owed me after I left. It was only a small amount, a little over 100 dollars. I told them that I would go to small claims court for $100.00 even if I had to travel through three states to do it. I got the check in 1 week. As bad as they are, they really don't want the word out on the street that they are deadbeats. And let's face it, we're all having hard times, it's either her bankruptcy or your bankruptcy.

Also, fellow MTs who work as ICs. Perhaps I missed the boat on this and I'm the last to know, but did you know you could charge interest on any money owed to you that is overdue past the agreed on date of pay? Read on:

"Net 30 Days (or whatever the terms are) are standard credit terms. It means that your client has thirty days to pay the bill or it is considered past due and you can charge interest if your contract or credit application states that you can charge interest. Net 60 Days means that they have 60 days to pay the bill or the same interest charges would apply. If you want money coming into your business it is best to use Net 30 Days as the paying/credit terms. You can also put Due on Receipt on there which means that you want your money now."

Perhaps we should brush up on what it really means to be a business owner. Things don't go all in one direction - all in favor of the service owners (in this case - OUR CLIENTS). It does say "if stipulated in the contract that you can charge interest", but perhaps we should demand that it is stipulated in the contract. I wonder how many other things we should be doing so it is not just the MT that feels the pain, i.e., "has some skins in the game".

and each state has a Statute of Limitations - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
As the OP on the 3k owed, in Michigan small claims, you DO NOT have to personally appear in court if you live out of state, as I do. The costs are minimal to file the case and have the docs served. I also have a copy of the contract and bid she signed with the State of Michigan for the work she procured (public record). I've waited her out for 3 years and now I see she is hiring, time to nail her - with interest and penalties. She will absolutely lose. I seriously doubt she will even show up to court.

We get paid fine! - J Hoss

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure what you're talking about..I've been getting paid just fine. Even the 2 people I know working at Datascript are getting paid..Im sure theres more to your story. Great company.

Non-Payment - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was also worried about non-payment issues with Datascript. But, after working with them for some time now I haven̢۪t had any issues. Sometimes my check will be a few days late but nothing too serious. From what I understand the workload is going to increase in the near future. I am looking for part time work until that time but I plan to continue to work with them. They even sent me a Target gift card for the holidays! I have seen a lot of people inquiring about this position and I recommend working for them.

DataScript, Michigan - Dreams81

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you still work for DataScript? Ive been working for them a little over a year and a half. I have enjoyed working with them but I recently asked about a raise and I'm kind of getting the run around and the reason I was given yesterday was because they are losing one of their main hospitals. I just don't know if I should stay and see if work gets slim or start looking for a job now. With only a year and a half experience it kind of sucks to look for a job!

Similar Messages:

Datascript Michigan
Sep 25, 2012

Any information about Datascript Systems Michigan?  As far as non payment, etc.  If you don't feel comfortable stating here, would you please email me, I don't want to work for free! ...

DATASCRIPT
Jul 21, 2012

HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH DATASCRIPT, ASHLEY ?  SEEMS TO BE A LACK OF COMMUNICATION WITH THEM.      ...

Datascript Work?
Oct 10, 2012

Is anyone who has started with Datascript recently receiving work on a consistent basis?  I have been receiving one 10-minute file every few days to type.  Not sure if they are still "ramping up" with the account and work will pick up eventually. ...

Getting Paid From DataScript
Oct 31, 2012

Would any DataSript MTs out there tell me how/when they pay? I've been working for a month now and signed up for direct deposit from the get go but I have yet to get a paycheck for the work I've done.  Needless to say, I'm concerned.  Thanks! ...

DataScript - Has Anyone Else NOT Gotten Paid?
Mar 22, 2013

It's bad enough that we are now only getting paid once a month.  I was fully expecting for checks to go out last Friday for pay period 01/15 throuugh 02/15.  It's now a week later and still no check.  Mind you I live cross coutry from Michigan but I think a week is MORE THAN enough time.  Now I'm getting no small amount worried aside from it placing me in a HUGE financial bind now.  Am I the only one?  Have others gotten their checks?   Th ...

Anyone From Michigan Dealing With TAA?
Jan 14, 2010

How did it work for you?  I am getting  a gut full of objections.  This is crazy! ...

Cardus In Michigan
Jul 15, 2014

Does anyone currently work for Cardus in Michigan and if so, can you please tell me how it is to work for this company? Thank you! ...

Anyone Familiar With Cardus, Inc In Michigan?
Jul 22, 2013

. ...

Anyone Heard Of Atlas Trancription In Michigan
Nov 05, 2009

Just trying to find out more information about Atlas Transcription in Detroit Michigan. ...

Worked For Netmed Transcription In Michigan?
Feb 15, 2010

Has anybody worked for Netmed Transcription in Michigan?  Any info would be greatly appreciated! ...

STAT Transcription Davis Michigan
Dec 29, 2010

Looking for information on this company.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Works For SOAP Transcription Out Of Michigan?
Dec 29, 2011

I wonder if anyone works for SOAP Transcription out of Michigan, and if so can you tell me anything about the company? Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Laid Off Live In Michigan By Chance?
Apr 05, 2013

Saw this ad posted here, but the training is on site in Michigan -- 9 cpl for SR?? Wow!! http://forum.mtstars.com/472346.html ...

Just Read Where A Burger Joint In Michigan Is Paying Employees $15/hour, S/m
Sep 11, 2013

nice to know flipping hamburgers is worth more than health information! sarc ...