A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Go live definition - MT

Posted: Oct 30, 2012

I'm new to this - what does "go live" actually mean?  Is it when it goes from strictly straight typing to VR?  Or is it when an MTSO gets a brand new acct?  Thanks!

Going live - me

[ In Reply To ..]
On a dictation/transcription platform that doctors/clients, facility managers, editors, and MTSOs can access as it is happening right there and then.

Which usually means as a transcriptionist, your work would be able to be accessed right then and there by anybody needed who has authorization. Everybody can tell what everybody is doing at that moment in time. Reports transcribed and dictated can be accessed "live."

They just want everything faster and faster these days!

What going live means to me..... - anon93

[ In Reply To ..]
going live means to me that a new account has been obtained and they are being added to the online platform, transcriptionists are being put in place for a certain date when the account is supposed to be able to upload to the platform, the transcriptionist is supposed to be able to download the voice file and transcribe the report and upload the completed report. That is what going live means to me.

For my company... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
.."going live" meant transitioning to VR. Landing a new facility/account was called exactly that (training on or starting a new account).

Go live means...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a new account, everyong has been trained on the account specs and ready to work. The facility is ready to send work to the MTSO for you on a specified date. That is the meaning of "go live".

On our account, the hospital has - alana

[ In Reply To ..]
remained on their own clunky platform due to unreasonable demands by the physicians. The move to the MTSO's platform has been delayed by about 2 yrs with multiple anticipated and then aborted "go live" dates. Next anticipated go live date is in early February.

Similar Messages:

Definition For Epi's
Nov 11, 2009

Does epi's stand for epithelial cells? I can't seem to find it, and I can't remember for sure if this is correct. Thanks in advance ...

Definition
Jan 16, 2013

I'm looking for a definition of Southern or Gibson-type approach?  Help and thank you! JT ...

Looking For IMSP Definition
Feb 04, 2010

Does anybody know what IMSP stands for (IMSP augmentation mammoplasty)? I cannot find this anywhere. Account wants abbreviations expanded. Thanx ...

Phrase Definition
Jul 30, 2012

Has anyone heard the phrase "office artifact"? It sounds like he's saying that or "off its artifact" and is referencing a tremor.  Any help is appreciated. ...

My Definition Of FIESA
Apr 04, 2014

Frankly Idiotic and Extremely Stupid A**** ...

IC Status Legal Definition
May 25, 2010

Can someone provide me with a link to a legal definition of an independent contractor?  I had taken a temporary job with a woman who had a small MTSO and was without a contract.  She effectively bamboozled me but I did file a W9 with her.  Any help will be appreciated.  Feel free to email me with sensitive information if necessary.  Thanks. ...

40-hour Week Definition
Nov 09, 2010

I work in the medical transcription industry. My employer is in TN.  We are required to work 40 hours per week, and we are paid on the basis of lines of dictation we transcribe per day.  Many days there is not enough work during a shift (a shift given us by our employer) to complete our 8 hours of work.  This means that in order to comply with company request, we have to work 2 to 3 hours at night to complete our 40 hours, even though we have sat at our desks and continually check ...

Definition Of Work Week For KS. . . . .
Mar 21, 2011

would anyone out there happen to know how Keystrokes defines a work week?  Does it start on Sun and go thru Sat or start on Mon and end Sun.  (I have been offered a position and would be curious as to the above).  Thanks!!!   ...

Independent Contractor Definition
Oct 11, 2011

I am looking for some clarification on the definition, as per the IRS website, of an "independent contractor."  With the majority of companies now hiring MTs as IC's, does this definition apply ? "You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of action. What matters is that the employer has the legal right to control the details of how the servi ...

Straight Transcription Definition
Aug 01, 2012

Can someone define for me exactly what "straight transcription" is when a company advertises for it.... I am an IC looking for the best possible line rate. Thanks! ...

What's The Definition Of A MAJOR Error?
Mar 18, 2014

I get notices of major errors and don't see anything about what constitutes a major error.  It sounds subjective to me! I'm more than fed up with this punitive grading system. ...

E-nun-ciate.. Learn The Definition Doc
May 04, 2014

and she's is dictating all old reports one after another after another..God I need a new job. I HATE this... ...

Independent Contractor - IRS Definition Of An IC, The IC Cannot Be Tested
Mar 13, 2010

As I understand it, according to IRS definition of an IC, the IC cannot be tested. If this is so, how do the transcription companies get away with testing for IC positions as mentioned in their ads. Is this legal? ...

Enhanced Compensation Package Definition
May 09, 2012

To attract and retain good employees.  They have to do something because they can't afford to lose more people. ...

IRS DEFINITION-IC STATUS BLACK & WHITE
Jul 10, 2012

Independent Contractor Defined   People such as doctors, dentists, veterinarians, lawyers, accountants, contractors, subcontractors, public stenographers, or auctioneers who are in an independent trade, business, or profession in which they offer their services to the general public are generally independent contractors. However, whether these people are independent contractors or employees depends on the facts in each case. The general rule is that an individu ...

If You Highlight A Word And Hit Ctl W It Give A Definition
Aug 27, 2012

x ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

If You Live In Texas And Own An RV
Apr 06, 2013

If you live in Texas (or maybe Louisiana) and own your own RV, consider being a gate guard at a natural gas field. The pay is about $15 an hour and that's 24 hours a day. And while you're sitting in that RV, guess what you can be doing. ...

Live Notes, Anybody?
Jun 08, 2013

I have a chance to get in with an MT company that also offers their ICs a chance at live note taking.  It doesn't pay too good, though, less than what the standard reports pay per audio minute.  I have never done this.  Can someone explain to me how it works?  I have heard that "live notes are typed in one pass."  What does this mean? ...

Windows Live
Oct 01, 2013

Is anyone else having problems this morning?  It won't let me delete email and I'm not sure it sent my email.  I get the following message:  "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity."  There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the bottom right corner and it says "error." ...

New Hire And OOW - On First Live Day? Sm
Apr 24, 2014

Seriously?  Is this typical?  Love how recruitment hyped this place up.  New PT hire, assigned one primary acct, finished the umpteen hours of training, released to TSM and on my first "live" day of work my account is OOW?  Then receive a zip file of emails from TSM sent to the ENTIRE team which include prior employee resignation letters, employees being reprimanded, and the kicker - TSM acknowledges that the work volume on the account that I was assigned to wasn't ...

Go Live Checklist?
Jun 27, 2014

I have a new transcription service that I recently acquired (nothing large but big enough to pay the bills :)  I am a little lost on what I should be doing as far as a checklist for go live?  So far, I have requested samples of physicians, inquired on their volume, and discussed delivery. What else am I missing? ...

If You Live In Texas
Jan 11, 2015

Baylor Grapevine is looking for a coder, either CCS or CPC, with only ONE MONTH of experience. ...

Turned Down For MT Because I Live In CA
Apr 22, 2015

I have been turned down by 3 different MT companies stating it is because of California's laws creating problems. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? Since most MT companies are not in CA, I find this extremely disturbing. Since I cannot seem to meet the minimum lph (working at Nuance), I have been looking for independent contractor work. ...

Live System Over The Internet
Mar 24, 2010

What is meant by "live system over the Internet" in some job ads.  TIA! ...

Go Live A Dead Issue?
May 25, 2010

It seems the schedule reservation "go live" in my area has now been cancelled until further notice.  I'm in the north region and wonder if any other areas have been using it successfully.  With all these so called improvements coming our way, I'm having a hard time remember what's what.  Does this mean the swapboard isn't going to work anymore or just the schedule/DQS factor with the work allowance of 15 minutes prior/after scheduled shift?  I'm ...

MTs Who Live Up North - Question
Aug 22, 2010

Do MTs who work up north make more than MTs who live down south?  I wonder because I was born in CT, but I live in NC now.  I know the cost of living up there is triple what it is here in NC.  So, how are they living on .08 a line in CT?  ...

2011 MT Survey Now Live
Mar 11, 2011

Dear all, I'm pleased to announce that the 2011 MT Survey is now live.  If you remember the 2007 MT Survey, this is a continuation of that (with some changes).  In the previous survey, we received 3800 responses, which culminated in the report MTs on the Radar (you can find it at http://ehealthrecords.wordpress.com/publications/).  We are hoping for another successful survey. So if you are interested in completing the survey, you can go to http://www.medicaltranscriptio ...

Curious...can You Be A Transcriptionist And Not Live In The US? Sm
Jan 20, 2012

Does anyone know if I were to move out of the US, say to Costa Rica, would I still be able to transcribe for a company that is US based? I am assuming it depends on the company. But, I was thinking with the time zone being different, it  might be a plus. Honestly, I'm just curious because I'm reading a book about a couple who quit their jobs and moved to Costa Rica and now I can't stop thinking about it. So, I'm curious if there is anyone out there who is doing somethin ...

Windows Live Problems, Anyone Else?
Mar 19, 2013

Set it up on new computer Sunday, worked fine. It comes up, of course takes the usual forever amount of time to do so, but when I tried to send a message it says not able to and is sititng in my outbox. Anyone else having issues with their mail today? ...