A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Here is your chance EVERYONE! - Maybe a judge/lawyers will read this!

Posted: Feb 06, 2010

This is an article about how MQ wants to buy Spheris and CBAY wants to buy the other part of Spheris.  At the end of this article is for you to post your comments and let these people know what we think!!!  I just did my part and let them know what  I really thought of all this!! 

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20100205/NEWS/302059988/1153

What do you think? Write us with your comments at hitsdaily@modernhealthcare.com. Please include your name, title and hometown.

What does this mean? - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Am I reading this correctly? The Q wants to buy back the MQ and Spheris domestic transcription: No more India?

CBAY will buy the Spheris India part. - MQ the domestic part, yet

[ In Reply To ..]
CBAY Systems runs them both and is all under CBAY Systems. They are doing sneaky stuff and getting away with things, but on a fine line. That is what I got out of it.

Just what benefit do think our comments will have? - ??

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you actually think anything is going to stop the sale of Spheris to MQ/CBAY other than another company out-bidding them? I think not. A perfect example of "falling on deaf ears" was the class action suit against MQ with the money going to AHDI instead of the MTs.

What have you got to lose? - Willing to try and fight then sit on your butt.

[ In Reply To ..]
It only takes ONE person, judge, lawyer, someone to listen and fight for us, but they need many letters.

At least I can say I tried.

I tried too - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
There's nothing to lose and everything to gain. I may eat my words, but it can't get much worse than it already is. Right now our biggest threat is EPIC anyway.

If MQ buys back the domestic portions of MQ and Spheris from CBAy, I wonder if off-shoring will be eliminated? MQ was off-shoring before they were bought out from Philips by CBay, so the whole thing may not make any difference to us.
From OP - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You'e so right.

I truly appreciate everyone's feedback, and hope to see more from others. At least I don't feel so alone anymore and just maybe, my supervisor just tends to snap because of her workload and stress, and she can be rude at times.

I'm sending out the resumes.

CBay - Cutbank

[ In Reply To ..]
After you comment there, e-mail your senator and representatives. E-mail the White House. Bernie Madhoff wasn't the only one running a ponzi scheme in the last decade. Spheris was gobbling up good companies and sucking the life out of them for the last decade, and now they've imploded. Monopolies are never healthy, and a foreign monopoly on our health care records is even less so.

Similar Messages:

Here Is Your Last Chance EVERYONE!
Feb 06, 2010

This is an article about how MQ wants to buy Spheris and CBAY wants to buy the other part of Spheris.  At the end of this article is for you to post your comments and let these people know what we think!!!  I just did my part and let them know what  I really thought of all this!!  If this buyout occurs, it will make MQ and CBAY the largest and all their bad practices will filter down to the rest of the companies and could get worse for MT/QA in the future.  Speak your m ...

I Will Never Have The Chance To Really Get
Sep 08, 2010

I keep getting NJA!! Oh well, I hate it anyway.  I don't like the numbering (can't get used to it and keep typing numbers the old way and then have to go back and fix it).  I HATE the physician lookup now. Lord please get me out of here soon!!!!! ...

If You Had A Chance...
Jun 02, 2011

to pick up your own account, what would you charge? ...

Need A Chance!
Feb 20, 2012

I am a 40+ year old transcriptionist who has been self employed for 15+ years.  I am a hard worker and good at what I do.  Unfortunately my accounts are drying up because of the "Obama Kickback" to physicians who are willing to convert to EMR and I need to get a job on-line.  But as I am finding out no one is willing to give me a chance because I have no acute care experience. I have worked for all kinds of providers: urologist, pediatrician, endocrinologist, but none of that seem ...

Got A Chance At A Gvt Job
Apr 14, 2014

Need to put resume together and get out..Pays to have friends that do the hiring too..Really, really not looking forward to getting up, getting dressed, and traveling..But this horse is almost dead, think it is time for bigger and better things. ...

Fair Chance Or Not?
Mar 03, 2012

Was just wondering if you seasoned MT's think 5 weeks on a new job is a fair chance for a fairly new MT? New platform to be learned, and the dictations were from a big pool with a lot of different doctors, though not many ESL's, and QA was pretty picky. Any opinions on this? ...

Chance To Get Out Of MModal
Oct 21, 2013

Unfortunately, because no one can come close to the low cost of health insurance that M*Modal has, I can't justify switching jobs. WHYYYY does my dear husband have to work for a tiny company that doesn't offer benefits??? WHYYYY, with everything else that is horrible about M*Modal, why do they have to actually offer decent insurance options compared to everything else out there? I can't, in good conscience, walk away from my current situation to one where we would take a big fi ...

No Chance Of A Raise
Oct 27, 2013

As an MT, there's no chance of getting a raise or promotion, and so there's little incentive or motivation, especially being paid pennies per line. Yet, they expect you to participate in continuing education, which takes additional time and perhaps even money. What a joke. They don't expect crew members at McDonald's to take extra time off work hours, and they get paid the same amount. No point in complaining, I know, but it's so ridiculous. ...

Chance Of Getting Unemployment
Jul 28, 2014

Has anyone had any luck in getting unemployment from Nuance after being let go?  It seems like it's taking forever and I wondered if they make it difficult.  TIA. ...

The Idiot Is Back For One Last Chance
Apr 25, 2010

Hi, I really do concur with "Raining Pennies" that it is very important to read the posting guideines. Otherwise, if you inadvertently breach the guidelines, you will wind up getting banned.  I did breech the posting guidelines and I did get banned, but I'm back for one more chance at staying within the "posting guidelines." "Raining Pennies" was correct about how I breached the guidelines.  I quoted some language that I should not have quoted.  And I apologize to the owner ...

To Oracle/OTI MTs, Do You Think There Is Any Chance We Will Be Paid On Friday? Sm
Jun 15, 2011

I have only been there for about 6 weeks, but the payroll lady seems to get the checks out lightning fast.  However, I realize the 15th is happening in the middle of the week, so payday might not be until Monday.  I was just hoping ... thinking maybe some of you "veterans" had seen it paid that quickly, before the weekend.  Regardless, I love it there. :-) Thanks! ...

I Want To Be A Coder So Bad But No One Will Give Me A Chance....aaaghhh
Mar 07, 2013

I spent two years getting my degree and then my RHIT and then my CPC, but I cannot get a job and am beyond frustrated!!!!!  I worked in medical billing before I became an MT, but that was years ago, but that doesn't even matter because I get the same answer every time I apply, "no experience, sorry, we can't hire you." Boooo!!!!!!  I feel like I've wasted two years of life putting myself through school, working nights, spending time away from my family...for what...to be ...

Anyone Laid Off Live In Michigan By Chance?
Apr 05, 2013

Saw this ad posted here, but the training is on site in Michigan -- 9 cpl for SR?? Wow!! http://forum.mtstars.com/472346.html ...

AHDI - Cloudy With A Chance Of A Bright Future
Jul 31, 2013

I see clouds for sure and tornadoes and hurricanes in the "bright future" of MT/MLS or whatever their latest letters are. I haven't had a chance to read it completely yet but here are some of the articles in the latest Plexus: MT to HDS—How Did We Get From There to Here?  - I can give them a few clues on this one! Transcription Trends: Do MTs Still Love Their Jobs? - Wait, I thought they changed our title to MLS? Either way, I say no I do not! Oh here's another one:  ...

80% Chance Of Being Disease Free At 10 Years With Surgery Irradiation Therapy. Is Irradiation Corr
Oct 15, 2009

NM ...

Is There Any Chance These "performance Mentors" Are...sm
Apr 12, 2012

related to the "enhanced compensation plan"? Just wondering since all of a sudden people are posting about it. I haven't gotten an email, but am curious as to how it all works? Like what are they going to do for you? Did the email say? ...

Anterolateral "chance" Pins Were Placed
Nov 22, 2014

This is driving me crazy because I remember this term from 6 months ago but unfortunately am not finding it in my notes.  This is ortho surgery and doc is quite clear, s/l Chantz/Chance/Chants pins.  Thanks! ...