A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Chance to get out of MModal - BUT---Insurance

Posted: Oct 21, 2013

Unfortunately, because no one can come close to the low cost of health insurance that M*Modal has, I can't justify switching jobs.

WHYYYY does my dear husband have to work for a tiny company that doesn't offer benefits???

WHYYYY, with everything else that is horrible about M*Modal, why do they have to actually offer decent insurance options compared to everything else out there?

I can't, in good conscience, walk away from my current situation to one where we would take a big financial hit due to insurance costs.

I find myself wishing that M*Modal's insurance costs were through the roof, because then the decision to switch jobs would be a no-brainer.

I've come to the sad sad conclusion that I can't accept a wonderful job offer for this reason. DAMMIT!!!

OK ... I think this is a joke, right? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
MM's insurance is through the ROOF, always has been and probably always will be. In fact, the big joke is how can a company in the medical field possibly have insurance so expensive. In fact, it's so sky high it's almost unheard of so I'm not even sure what you're talking about right now.

I'm almost totally sure this post must've been made by a suit.

Actually....it is not too bad - I have had worse

[ In Reply To ..]
Not the OP and not a suit, either.

Okay, you must not know the options at MM or - msmt

[ In Reply To ..]
anywhere else. MM does have the best priced insurance out there now. It may change soon, but for the 10 years I have worked here, it is reasonable. around $60 for employee only and around $120 for employee and spouse per pay period. That is excellent and they pay the bills fast. Also have great copays. The dental is pretty good too ($17) per pay period for spouse and employee. You need to get you info right before criticizing.

Insurance - Not MM

[ In Reply To ..]
Something that everyone needs to look at when choosing a health insurance plan are the deductibles. You may not pay much monthly but may have a $2500 deductible on your major medical. Do they offer vision insurance? I would also look into the dental coverage and find out how much they cover on preventive care and restorations, there can be a lot of costs above and beyond what you pay per month. Also, make sure that you are getting the discounts for being a non-smoker and a discount if you join a gym. My current plan (through my employer) offers that and it does make a difference in my premium.

sounds like a good price to me - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I pay at my other place 160 for health and dental on me and 1 child.
You absolutely will not beat the insurance here. Example Family coverage $184.62/pp with $25 ded f - no referrals needed, and prescription
[ In Reply To ..]
If anything, it does make a good argument to stay. Nuance prices are so outrageous, it's clear they don't expect anyone to take the benefits.
That is $25 office visit deductable. - Becca
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Argh - that is $25 office copay (not deductable) - Sorry - Becca is tired today :-)
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I don't take their insurance, what are the rates - just curious

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I pay about 140 a month as an individual for - the "full works."

[ In Reply To ..]
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Legal.

When I signed up, I chose the higher premium options on everything (higher premiums but lower deductibles if I recall - or maybe for a wider network).

Mine was fine, the price - But I left anyway

[ In Reply To ..]
When I quit about 2 years ago, only $268 was taken out PER MONTH for both myself and my husband. That made it very hard for me to leave.

However, the stress working for them wasn't worth it, so I went ahead and quit and we purchased our own insurance. It's not cheap (but I've heard worse) at $700 per month for both of us.

I always felt they offered cheap health insurance to keep us there---it's working. I was there probably 6 more years than I really wanted to be. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Did you go on the Affordable Care Act exchange for - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
your state to see what they offer for your situation?

Yes I did - and sadly....

[ In Reply To ..]
the Affordable Care Act makes things even less affordable! However, that may depend on factors such as # of dependents, location, etc.

Similar Messages:

Here Is Your Chance EVERYONE!
Feb 06, 2010

This is an article about how MQ wants to buy Spheris and CBAY wants to buy the other part of Spheris.  At the end of this article is for you to post your comments and let these people know what we think!!!  I just did my part and let them know what  I really thought of all this!!    http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20100205/NEWS/302059988/1153   What do you think? Write us with your comments at hitsdaily@modernhealthcare.com. Please include your name, tit ...

Here Is Your Last Chance EVERYONE!
Feb 06, 2010

This is an article about how MQ wants to buy Spheris and CBAY wants to buy the other part of Spheris.  At the end of this article is for you to post your comments and let these people know what we think!!!  I just did my part and let them know what  I really thought of all this!!  If this buyout occurs, it will make MQ and CBAY the largest and all their bad practices will filter down to the rest of the companies and could get worse for MT/QA in the future.  Speak your m ...

I Will Never Have The Chance To Really Get
Sep 08, 2010

I keep getting NJA!! Oh well, I hate it anyway.  I don't like the numbering (can't get used to it and keep typing numbers the old way and then have to go back and fix it).  I HATE the physician lookup now. Lord please get me out of here soon!!!!! ...

If You Had A Chance...
Jun 02, 2011

to pick up your own account, what would you charge? ...

Need A Chance!
Feb 20, 2012

I am a 40+ year old transcriptionist who has been self employed for 15+ years.  I am a hard worker and good at what I do.  Unfortunately my accounts are drying up because of the "Obama Kickback" to physicians who are willing to convert to EMR and I need to get a job on-line.  But as I am finding out no one is willing to give me a chance because I have no acute care experience. I have worked for all kinds of providers: urologist, pediatrician, endocrinologist, but none of that seem ...

Got A Chance At A Gvt Job
Apr 14, 2014

Need to put resume together and get out..Pays to have friends that do the hiring too..Really, really not looking forward to getting up, getting dressed, and traveling..But this horse is almost dead, think it is time for bigger and better things. ...

Fair Chance Or Not?
Mar 03, 2012

Was just wondering if you seasoned MT's think 5 weeks on a new job is a fair chance for a fairly new MT? New platform to be learned, and the dictations were from a big pool with a lot of different doctors, though not many ESL's, and QA was pretty picky. Any opinions on this? ...

No Chance Of A Raise
Oct 27, 2013

As an MT, there's no chance of getting a raise or promotion, and so there's little incentive or motivation, especially being paid pennies per line. Yet, they expect you to participate in continuing education, which takes additional time and perhaps even money. What a joke. They don't expect crew members at McDonald's to take extra time off work hours, and they get paid the same amount. No point in complaining, I know, but it's so ridiculous. ...

Chance Of Getting Unemployment
Jul 28, 2014

Has anyone had any luck in getting unemployment from Nuance after being let go?  It seems like it's taking forever and I wondered if they make it difficult.  TIA. ...

The Idiot Is Back For One Last Chance
Apr 25, 2010

Hi, I really do concur with "Raining Pennies" that it is very important to read the posting guideines. Otherwise, if you inadvertently breach the guidelines, you will wind up getting banned.  I did breech the posting guidelines and I did get banned, but I'm back for one more chance at staying within the "posting guidelines." "Raining Pennies" was correct about how I breached the guidelines.  I quoted some language that I should not have quoted.  And I apologize to the owner ...

To Oracle/OTI MTs, Do You Think There Is Any Chance We Will Be Paid On Friday? Sm
Jun 15, 2011

I have only been there for about 6 weeks, but the payroll lady seems to get the checks out lightning fast.  However, I realize the 15th is happening in the middle of the week, so payday might not be until Monday.  I was just hoping ... thinking maybe some of you "veterans" had seen it paid that quickly, before the weekend.  Regardless, I love it there. :-) Thanks! ...

I Want To Be A Coder So Bad But No One Will Give Me A Chance....aaaghhh
Mar 07, 2013

I spent two years getting my degree and then my RHIT and then my CPC, but I cannot get a job and am beyond frustrated!!!!!  I worked in medical billing before I became an MT, but that was years ago, but that doesn't even matter because I get the same answer every time I apply, "no experience, sorry, we can't hire you." Boooo!!!!!!  I feel like I've wasted two years of life putting myself through school, working nights, spending time away from my family...for what...to be ...

Anyone Laid Off Live In Michigan By Chance?
Apr 05, 2013

Saw this ad posted here, but the training is on site in Michigan -- 9 cpl for SR?? Wow!! http://forum.mtstars.com/472346.html ...

AHDI - Cloudy With A Chance Of A Bright Future
Jul 31, 2013

I see clouds for sure and tornadoes and hurricanes in the "bright future" of MT/MLS or whatever their latest letters are. I haven't had a chance to read it completely yet but here are some of the articles in the latest Plexus: MT to HDS—How Did We Get From There to Here?  - I can give them a few clues on this one! Transcription Trends: Do MTs Still Love Their Jobs? - Wait, I thought they changed our title to MLS? Either way, I say no I do not! Oh here's another one:  ...

80% Chance Of Being Disease Free At 10 Years With Surgery Irradiation Therapy. Is Irradiation Corr
Oct 15, 2009

NM ...

Is There Any Chance These "performance Mentors" Are...sm
Apr 12, 2012

related to the "enhanced compensation plan"? Just wondering since all of a sudden people are posting about it. I haven't gotten an email, but am curious as to how it all works? Like what are they going to do for you? Did the email say? ...

Anterolateral "chance" Pins Were Placed
Nov 22, 2014

This is driving me crazy because I remember this term from 6 months ago but unfortunately am not finding it in my notes.  This is ortho surgery and doc is quite clear, s/l Chantz/Chance/Chants pins.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Using MModal
May 19, 2011

and noticing that it is really not doing a good job lately.  I've not usually had problems with it when it comes to regular English-speaking doctors, but this week it has been a mess.  It is either not putting in entire sentences or putting in off the wall stuff that sounds nothing like what is being said.  I've come to expect that with ESL, but certainly not with English as native language.  Weird.  Must be taking some time off for MT week. ...

What Is MModal?
Feb 13, 2012

What is MModal company?  General typist edit company or Medical transcription company? This question is bugging me ever since this ASR took over from us.. LOL to wrap it up..   ...

SS# And MModal
Apr 30, 2012

MModal asks for your SS# on the application process of applying for jobs there!!! Thanks to some of you, I ran ran ran from this place.  When I inquired about how uncomfortable I was with sharing my SS#...I was told to just use any number.  WHAT?!!? Then why have it there!!! Who in their right mind would give their SS# to a company that hasn't even hired them yet.  I agree with the rest of you. RUN SALLY RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ...

MModal, WHY????
May 24, 2012

Why is MModal posting job openings, when so many of use are running out of work or worse falling into the pool--what with the pay cuts, VR being paid half even though it takes nearly as long to edit most reports, and the fact that I only get my "primary" accounts about 30% of the time and the rest of the time I am typing from the pool so that nearly every report that comes up is a new facility or dictator, I have gone from making $16 an hour to minimum wage. I cannot afford this. Why can' ...

Does MModal Pay OT? Nm
Oct 02, 2012

nm ...

Does MModal Pay For
Oct 17, 2012

nm ...

MModal 6 Cpl
Oct 23, 2012

I just saw that MModal has a tier 3 level where VR is 6 cpl.  Thinking is it worth it to move over when you top out at 4 cpl for acute care here. ...

New To Mmodal
Jan 03, 2013

Would someone mind briefly explaining how the QA penalty works for MModal? ...

Does Anyone Like MModal?
Jan 22, 2013

I see so many complaints about MModal. Does anyone actually like them? I'm in the hiring process and they are calling with an offer. I would like to try it out. I work in-house now, but eventually my position will be eliminated due to VR. I do not make that great of pay, and have lots of down time, but still have to sit in the office all day. I know that all companies have their ups and downs. My hospital being Union makes doing anything impossible and makes it easier to keep the "bad ...

What Has Mmodal Done To Me?
Apr 12, 2013

Well, I suppose any transciption job would do the same.  Before this profression, I was a good little girl who would never swear or cuss and even chastised others for doing so, but since becoming an MT (especially with MModal), with all these horrendous dictators and this buggy platform, if you listen from outside my office, you'd think someone locked a surly sailor with Tourettes in with me.  I've called dictators names that would make a construction worker blush.  I al ...

MModal ??
Jun 26, 2013

How long after being hired to get health insurance? I am currently with Nuance, my ex, who provides health insurance for our son just got laid off and lost health insurance. Our son has antiphospholipid syndrome., he is chronically on Coumadin, and he cannot go without health insurance. I cannot afford $735 a month to cover him and myself working at Nuance.  Thanks ...

Mmodal PI:
Sep 05, 2013

cupcakes, candy filled mugs and T-shirts.  They look so happy, smiling.     Mmodal US:  We get NJA, the swamp board, UE (if we are lucky).  We live on edge and with constant worry.   I really am happy for the Filipinos, because I know this probably represents a wonderful opportunity for some of them.  Time for the rest of us to move on.  Whoever's last to leave the building, please turn off the lights.   ...

Ex-MModal
Sep 16, 2013

Left MModal 18 mos. ago and have been on here encouraging everybody that there is life after MQ/MM.  This week my wonderful clinic goes live with EMR.  The trainer won't even recognize transcription.  He is just adamant that the docs will enter everything themselves and when they don't, he is pushing Dragon Medical.  So I guess I was wrong.  I really thought I found a way out, but apparently not.  It was a great year and a half though.  ...