A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone from Michigan dealing with TAA? - Just wondering

Posted: Jan 14, 2010

How did it work for you?  I am getting  a gut full of objections.  This is crazy!

what I found out - rules

[ In Reply To ..]
I found out that you absolutely have to be on unemployment to be approved. Anyone can fill out papers and submit, but they will not approve until you are on unemployment.

I was told that if the Q fires you, then you apply for unemployment, even if you get unemployment approved, you would not qualify for TAA becuase the reason has to be "No work."

I guess there is a deadline within 2 years from the petition approval date or something to take advantage of this program, but you have to be on unemployment to qualify.

I don't think different states are running this differently, but I just think so many are not informed and are giving out false information.

I am anxious to see how many of those that filled out the papers actually get approved, and if they were or were not on unemployment.

Probably not much help, sorry.

Did you question them about qualifying for UE due to - reduced work availability?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

sm - rules

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess that you would have to have reduced work first. Personally, I have more work right now than I have had in over a year. Don't know why and hope it lasts, but until the work is actually reduced, there is nothing I can do.

A year ago, I would have qualified because every shift I had no work. Don't know why that changed.

You can apply based on having no work, reduced - pay, NJA constantly -- so

[ In Reply To ..]
you can still be employee and get the benefits. YOu must be getting reduced work. The NJA status is considered as resulting from the outsourcing as I was told. My workers have done nothing but help me out. What you are saying is just not true. Got retraining benefts after submitting proposal with admission advisor. And, already approved, even though it took several weeks for everything. You are very negative, but should not state others are giving out false information. If you want to email or call me, then I can give you further details.

Similar Messages:

Dealing With A Rude TSM
Oct 18, 2013

I've had it with our rude TSM so I just sent an e-mail to HR about them.  Ten weeks ago I put in a request for PTO to attend a family wedding this weekend and sent them an e-mail.  They never got back to me.  I've sent several reminders.  We finally just presumed it was OK and booked the hotel.  Now the TM responds - and we're leaving this afternoon - that I need to give more notice on these things in the future but will approve it anyway.  Say w ...

It Is Bad Enough Dealing With Bad Dictators Who Are Doctors BUT (sm)
Feb 13, 2012

it is sickening to have an RN who dictates for MULTIPLE doctors and she has no idea how to pronounce many of the words, cuts her sentences off, flies through the dictation and has no idea how to pronounce medications. She pronounces tachypnea (eash enough word, right?) as tacky P nea, no joke. I am frustrated, angry, fed up and ready to throw my computer out in the yard. This is just sickening!! Just needed to vent and wished I felt better but sadly I do not because I still have MANY more jo ...

Sick Of Dealing With ESL Dictators - Who
Mar 05, 2013

The United States should NOT be a "brain-drain" for "professional" people.  IT IS IN OUR INTEREST FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE EDUCATION IN MEDICINE, ENGINEERING, ETC. TO GO BACK TO THEIR HOME COUNTRIES AND WORK TO IMPROVE CONDITIONS THERE, INSTEAD OF MAKING A "FORTUNE" HERE IN THE UNITED STATES. This business of "importing people we need" is EXTREMELY SHORTSIGHTED.     ...

Need Help Dealing With A Co-Worker Who May Be On Pain Meds
Oct 26, 2011

What would you do if you had a co-worker who is stressed, has panic attacks, had back surgery and is on pain medication, and accuses everyone of all sorts of things. She is totally inappropriate, paranoid, and destroying the work environment. If anyone suggests that she forgot to do something or did it wrong, she has a panic attack, or more like hysteria. She reports people for silly things, but even though the charges are silly, they still go in the record. She writes complaints about people co ...

Is Anyone Else Dealing With A SLOW System This Morning?
Jun 16, 2015

The system doesn't seem to want to work this moring... ...

DataScript, Michigan
Sep 19, 2012

Thinking of working for DataScript, but saw a post from BABS about nonpayment.  I wondered if this is a trend for this company or a one-time thing.  Before I accept position, would like to know if anyone else has had postive or negative experience with them.  Thanks! ...

Datascript Michigan
Sep 25, 2012

Any information about Datascript Systems Michigan?  As far as non payment, etc.  If you don't feel comfortable stating here, would you please email me, I don't want to work for free! ...

Cardus In Michigan
Jul 15, 2014

Does anyone currently work for Cardus in Michigan and if so, can you please tell me how it is to work for this company? Thank you! ...

Anyone Familiar With Cardus, Inc In Michigan?
Jul 22, 2013

. ...

Anyone Heard Of Atlas Trancription In Michigan
Nov 05, 2009

Just trying to find out more information about Atlas Transcription in Detroit Michigan. ...

Worked For Netmed Transcription In Michigan?
Feb 15, 2010

Has anybody worked for Netmed Transcription in Michigan?  Any info would be greatly appreciated! ...

STAT Transcription Davis Michigan
Dec 29, 2010

Looking for information on this company.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Works For SOAP Transcription Out Of Michigan?
Dec 29, 2011

I wonder if anyone works for SOAP Transcription out of Michigan, and if so can you tell me anything about the company? Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Laid Off Live In Michigan By Chance?
Apr 05, 2013

Saw this ad posted here, but the training is on site in Michigan -- 9 cpl for SR?? Wow!! http://forum.mtstars.com/472346.html ...

Just Read Where A Burger Joint In Michigan Is Paying Employees $15/hour, S/m
Sep 11, 2013

nice to know flipping hamburgers is worth more than health information! sarc ...