A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone familiar with Cardus, Inc in Michigan? - NM

Posted: Jul 22, 2013

Searching archives and not seeing anything good :( - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

As with most of these places... - want, want, want, want, want...

[ In Reply To ..]
and not a peep about what they are offering, which is, I imagine, probably not much.

well my experience for pay - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
7 cpl straight typing FutureNet accounts acute care and radiology. the heavy ESL accounts from FN hire over and over again, people don't stay. The radiology only account may be new. QA is definitely new, we used to have to fill in each other's blanks. Mnangement wouldn't or couldn't, don't know, but didn't that's for sure. QA 'position' is something they never had in past.

scroll down the page - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

I did..searched archives too..cant find anyone with anything good to say about them! - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

There was one person who liked it and - made decent money.

[ In Reply To ..]
I think $800 to $1000 a week.
Made decent money - Yeah right
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't believe that for one minute, unless they work 24/7. I worked for Cardus and know what they pay and their software. I would really doubt anyone could make that much and if that MT does, I guarantee you, no one else does. I don't think they even have enough work to generate that kind of income!
ditto. agree, and been there also. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
She has her 'original' few who 'play' well and get to work the acounts (one of maybe five) that are not from FutureNet, and get to work them alone, which means extra hours at times and they (Cardus aka Valentine) never ever paid overtime though employee status. So, it's good and it's bad but mostly unfair.

Cardus - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Here is a happy, very happy Cardus MT. I do not have to sit and wait on work for hours. I came from a company that in an 8 hour shift I was lucky to have 4 or 5 files. However, I have never ran out of work with Cardus, ever! Yes, they have ESL dictators. However, if you work for any large facility ESL dictators are going to be a large part of your workload. I am happy with the money. Again, getting paid incentive means you have to actually work to make that money amount you want. There has been more than enough work for me to make the payday I need to make. The supervisor has worked with me and been more than fair. I had a death of one my close friends and there was absolutely no hassle about me taking some time. The other MTs have been as helpful as they can be. It is so nice to finally, once again, be appreciated as a person and not just a number. No nasty e-mails every hour. Payday is paid on time and correct. No stupid conference calls that you do not get paid for. This is my experience and I would not want to work anywhere else.

Thank you. Submitted resume. Hope to hear from them soon! - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

just keep a record of hours worked, typing or not, for your OT pay and - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
you are aware of what to watch for now, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and can work around it.

ot pay - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Boy, you seem to be really hung up on this OT and seem like a very unhappy person! My current company doesn't pay OT since I am paid by the line and not hourly. When there is no work how can I ask them to pay me for cleaning house or doing laundry?? My husband is a truck driver and gets paid by the mile and sometimes works 14-16 hour days, but since he is piecemeal and not hourly, no OT pay.
no, not hung up, only when it's not appreciated - in any shape or form to the
[ In Reply To ..]
point of how stupid was I? I work extra now but as an IC not employee, and so it cheats no one. Extra time is extra lines, not babysitting for nothing.

Companies who hire employees and don't abide by labor laws, well, that speaks loud and clear their business ethics and standards are poor at best.

Not paying OT is illegal - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, you and your company are out of touch with labor laws. It doesn't matter if you get paid by the line, they HAVE to pay OT or be reported and fined. I get paid by the line and my company pays OT (time and a half based on average hourly wage).
OT pay - mttx
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are an employee, they have to pay OT. If you're an IC they don't.
tell the company. I put in plenty of hours to 'get it done' and - not one lick of OT pay, just expected labor. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
Did I keep records?
:)

ot pay - another newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a newbie at Cardus and they do pay OT for mandatory OT. However, I have never been required to work mandatory OT because the staffing is set up where it is fair to all and keeps everyone busy for their full shift. They may be a smaller company but the nice thing has been no overstaffing. If I have a week where I need extra $$$ all I have to do is ask for extra hours/days and there hasn't been an issue, however I don't receive or ask for OT because I am volunteering and it is not mandatory. We are only required to work 2 holidays a year and as a fulltime employee I actually get 4 paid holdays off, first time in many years!! Yes, the recruiter who hired me is a working MT and manager, but she seems to have a better understanding of the "work" side rather than someone just sitting behind a desk. Happiest I have been in many years.

Cardus Very Happy!! - Old timer

[ In Reply To ..]
Just had to put my 2 little pennies in. I am finally happy in my job and make enough that my landlord and electric company is also happy. How lovely it is not to be weeding through needless e-mails. Lovely to have a boss that really knows your name and what shift you work. I no longer sign on to work with knots in my stomach and that dreaded feeling of what is going to be wrong today or will I have work today?

It is what you make it - long-time employee

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the first time I've posted here. I have worked for Cardus for close to 16 years and am still here. I've had my ups and downs, highs and lows, just like on any job I've ever known and I've stuck to it. While there have been some issues in the recent past, a terrific account has come our way and it is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor for the right people who want to work and who do not take things too personally. As with employment outside the home, you will be expected to be on time for your shift, work the entire shift, and do the work in an accurate and timely fashion, basically a good work ethic. I make a good paycheck, living wage-plus, but I do work at it by doing the things I stated above. Feel free to email me if you want. Good luck to everyone looking for work - it's a tough and competitive world in transcription.

Exactly. I have a family to provide for and I don't have the luxury to hold out for the "p - (SM)

[ In Reply To ..]
which we all know is not out there. I very much appreciate everyone's input, good or bad. That's exactly why I asked. Yes, some places are just an absolute no go. But the majority are going to be what you're willing to put up with and what you aren't .. and that varies based on different people and their personal situations. I worked for OSi for years .. one of the most "blasted" companies ever on this board. Yes I was completely aware of many of the problems, but I was also consistently working and getting paid .. and hearing my friends talk about the same BS going on in their jobs that were not at all in the same field reinforce the fact that there are good and bad no matter where you go. Many didn't last as long as I did, others lasted longer. It boils down to the fact that you take the information you have in front of you, do your work and at some point when the BS outweighs the rest of it, you make the decision for yourself to leave.

I am very much in need of a job and I definitely appreciate the comments given. But if offered a position today, I would have to take it and hope something good can be made of it. We can only ask opinions of others .. the decisions are ours alone. :)

sorry, "hold out for the perfect job" - cut myself off lol (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
there is no perfect job, but I do expect at least following - government policy. To each their own. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
good luck to you.
I wasnt saying hold out for a perfect job .. - (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
i was completing my previous post subject that i accidentally cut off right above it :)

Similar Messages:

Cardus In Michigan
Jul 15, 2014

Does anyone currently work for Cardus in Michigan and if so, can you please tell me how it is to work for this company? Thank you! ...

Does Anyone Know About Cardus, Inc?
Dec 16, 2013

I just applied and was hoping for some insight into the company. Never heard of them before, but I'm desperate!  Thanks in advance. ...

Cardus Rad Sm
Sep 27, 2014

Just curious does anyone actually work for this company and has anyone ever gotten a response back when sending resume?  Thanks! ...

Anyone From Michigan Dealing With TAA?
Jan 14, 2010

How did it work for you?  I am getting  a gut full of objections.  This is crazy! ...

DataScript, Michigan
Sep 19, 2012

Thinking of working for DataScript, but saw a post from BABS about nonpayment.  I wondered if this is a trend for this company or a one-time thing.  Before I accept position, would like to know if anyone else has had postive or negative experience with them.  Thanks! ...

Datascript Michigan
Sep 25, 2012

Any information about Datascript Systems Michigan?  As far as non payment, etc.  If you don't feel comfortable stating here, would you please email me, I don't want to work for free! ...

How Much Does Cardus Pay Per Report For QA? Anyone Know?
Mar 01, 2013

I am curious if there are any QA out there that work for Cardus.  They said they pay per report.  I am wondering how much they pay per report before I apply if I can find anyone who is aware of this. ...

Cardus Radiology Pay Anyone?
Apr 23, 2014

Does anyone know what Cardus pays for Radiology?  Says experience and shift, but if anyone works on Radiology there, could you let me know the rate of pay?  I guess it is straight transcription. ...

Do Not Work For Cardus
Aug 28, 2014

Do not work for Cardus.  Their management style is the worst.  They play favorites and if you are not on "the list" you do not get lines.  They claim to have a lot of work, but you run out frequently and will not train you on other accounts where there is much work to be done. ...

Cardus Information Wanted
Jul 15, 2013

Am thinking of applying with Cardus.  Most recent info is from January 2013 that I can find here.  Anybody with anything new or anything to add about them?  Re:  Rates, enough work, good people, etc.? Anything at this point will be welcomed.  Thanks much. ...

Cardus Advertising For Radiology MTs
Jan 13, 2015

I have seen ads several times on here for Cardus advertising for radiology MTs.  I have applied several times and never heard back.  Has anyone else heard back or has anyone worked for them?  I just notice the job has been posted several times, so I am wondering if maybe it's not a good situation.  ...

Anyone Heard Of Atlas Trancription In Michigan
Nov 05, 2009

Just trying to find out more information about Atlas Transcription in Detroit Michigan. ...

Worked For Netmed Transcription In Michigan?
Feb 15, 2010

Has anybody worked for Netmed Transcription in Michigan?  Any info would be greatly appreciated! ...

STAT Transcription Davis Michigan
Dec 29, 2010

Looking for information on this company.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Works For SOAP Transcription Out Of Michigan?
Dec 29, 2011

I wonder if anyone works for SOAP Transcription out of Michigan, and if so can you tell me anything about the company? Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Laid Off Live In Michigan By Chance?
Apr 05, 2013

Saw this ad posted here, but the training is on site in Michigan -- 9 cpl for SR?? Wow!! http://forum.mtstars.com/472346.html ...

Current Cardus Info - Anyone? Smsg
Aug 18, 2014

Seems they place an ad and after a couple of months, same ad again. Leary. ...

Anyone Considering The Radiology Position For Cardus On The Job Seekers Board
Jan 17, 2011

Anyone considering the Radiology position for Cardus that was recently posted on the Job Seeker’s Board, please consider this (from the Cardus website):   Manpower     US offices have 32 Medical Transcriptionists with vast specialty experience - primarily in Hospital Radiology, Oncology and E/R experience varying from 5 – 23 years in these fields as medical transcriptionists. India back Office 130 qualified Medical Transcriptionists who are graduates in Li ...

Just Read Where A Burger Joint In Michigan Is Paying Employees $15/hour, S/m
Sep 11, 2013

nice to know flipping hamburgers is worth more than health information! sarc ...

Anyone Familiar With MD-IT?
Feb 18, 2010

I was thinking of applying and would like to know if anybody has any experience with them; plenty of work or not, schedule, do they offshore, etc. ...

Anyone Familiar With...
Apr 13, 2010

MD-IT? ...

Are You Familiar With
Dec 15, 2011

a company by the name of dtsok (Digital Transcription in Oklahoma).  If so, what do you think of the platform they use?  It is called SpeechMotion (supposed to be similar to Chartnet).  I just started working there and now I wonder how an MT can produce enough lines to make it worth her while.  It seems rather involved and lots of steps to go through to complete a report.  Am I wrong?  Should I stick with it before I am really familiar with this platform or should I ...

Anyone Familiar With Chartscript?
Oct 20, 2009

Is anyone familiar with Chartscript? Is it user-friendly? ...

Not Too Familiar With Cardiac
Dec 30, 2009

Is is J-point ST elevation or J-point and ST elevation? ...

Not Familiar With EKG Readings
Nov 03, 2010

I am not familiar with EKG readings.  It sounds like the physician is stating the patient has "deep and lateral" ST depressions.  Does "deep and lateral" sound right?  ...

Anyone Familiar With ExecuScribe?
Nov 17, 2010

Anyone familiar with ExecuScribe? ...

Familiar With Medscribe?
Sep 07, 2011

Is anyone familiar with Medscribe? How are they to work for, etc.? ...

Anyone Familiar With ChartNet?-sm
May 18, 2012

I'm trying to learn it...no training provided by company.  What does "previous notes" mean.  I thought I knew but now not sure.  I have tons of questions but I guess I will learn as I go. Thank you. ...

Anyone Familiar With M*Modal?
Oct 16, 2012

Anyone familiar with M*Modal?  I was able to complete part of their testing and still working on the dictation part of the test.  Figured I better check them out before I go to all the trouble of completing the test.  I think I saw they were related to Medquist, but not sure.  Medquist is not all that anymore, at least that is what I have heard.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am in trouble of losing my current job due to EMR.  Thanks. ...

Who Are Familiar With Bayscribe
Mar 06, 2013

Those of you who are familiar with Bayscribe, did you find:  The spell check dictionary is void of many common words?  It also does not detect uncapped words at the beginning of sentences or spacing issues. The word expander locks up for periods of time so cannot create new expansions. It has horrible quirks that cause expansions not to work correctly (they just don't expand) , capital letters show up in the middle of sentences and do not cap where they are supposed to, and extra ...