A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Chance of getting unemployment - anonymous

Posted: Jul 28, 2014

Has anyone had any luck in getting unemployment from Nuance after being let go?  It seems like it's taking forever and I wondered if they make it difficult.  TIA.

let go - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
They're letting people go? Or was it just you?

Check your state rules. If you were let go for other - than lack of work, there may just be a

[ In Reply To ..]
waiting period, i.e. 7 days, etc. You shouldn't be prevented from collecting though.

Similar Messages:

Here Is Your Chance EVERYONE!
Feb 06, 2010

This is an article about how MQ wants to buy Spheris and CBAY wants to buy the other part of Spheris.  At the end of this article is for you to post your comments and let these people know what we think!!!  I just did my part and let them know what  I really thought of all this!!    http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20100205/NEWS/302059988/1153   What do you think? Write us with your comments at hitsdaily@modernhealthcare.com. Please include your name, tit ...

Here Is Your Last Chance EVERYONE!
Feb 06, 2010

This is an article about how MQ wants to buy Spheris and CBAY wants to buy the other part of Spheris.  At the end of this article is for you to post your comments and let these people know what we think!!!  I just did my part and let them know what  I really thought of all this!!  If this buyout occurs, it will make MQ and CBAY the largest and all their bad practices will filter down to the rest of the companies and could get worse for MT/QA in the future.  Speak your m ...

I Will Never Have The Chance To Really Get
Sep 08, 2010

I keep getting NJA!! Oh well, I hate it anyway.  I don't like the numbering (can't get used to it and keep typing numbers the old way and then have to go back and fix it).  I HATE the physician lookup now. Lord please get me out of here soon!!!!! ...

If You Had A Chance...
Jun 02, 2011

to pick up your own account, what would you charge? ...

Need A Chance!
Feb 20, 2012

I am a 40+ year old transcriptionist who has been self employed for 15+ years.  I am a hard worker and good at what I do.  Unfortunately my accounts are drying up because of the "Obama Kickback" to physicians who are willing to convert to EMR and I need to get a job on-line.  But as I am finding out no one is willing to give me a chance because I have no acute care experience. I have worked for all kinds of providers: urologist, pediatrician, endocrinologist, but none of that seem ...

Got A Chance At A Gvt Job
Apr 14, 2014

Need to put resume together and get out..Pays to have friends that do the hiring too..Really, really not looking forward to getting up, getting dressed, and traveling..But this horse is almost dead, think it is time for bigger and better things. ...

Fair Chance Or Not?
Mar 03, 2012

Was just wondering if you seasoned MT's think 5 weeks on a new job is a fair chance for a fairly new MT? New platform to be learned, and the dictations were from a big pool with a lot of different doctors, though not many ESL's, and QA was pretty picky. Any opinions on this? ...

Chance To Get Out Of MModal
Oct 21, 2013

Unfortunately, because no one can come close to the low cost of health insurance that M*Modal has, I can't justify switching jobs. WHYYYY does my dear husband have to work for a tiny company that doesn't offer benefits??? WHYYYY, with everything else that is horrible about M*Modal, why do they have to actually offer decent insurance options compared to everything else out there? I can't, in good conscience, walk away from my current situation to one where we would take a big fi ...

No Chance Of A Raise
Oct 27, 2013

As an MT, there's no chance of getting a raise or promotion, and so there's little incentive or motivation, especially being paid pennies per line. Yet, they expect you to participate in continuing education, which takes additional time and perhaps even money. What a joke. They don't expect crew members at McDonald's to take extra time off work hours, and they get paid the same amount. No point in complaining, I know, but it's so ridiculous. ...

The Idiot Is Back For One Last Chance
Apr 25, 2010

Hi, I really do concur with "Raining Pennies" that it is very important to read the posting guideines. Otherwise, if you inadvertently breach the guidelines, you will wind up getting banned.  I did breech the posting guidelines and I did get banned, but I'm back for one more chance at staying within the "posting guidelines." "Raining Pennies" was correct about how I breached the guidelines.  I quoted some language that I should not have quoted.  And I apologize to the owner ...

To Oracle/OTI MTs, Do You Think There Is Any Chance We Will Be Paid On Friday? Sm
Jun 15, 2011

I have only been there for about 6 weeks, but the payroll lady seems to get the checks out lightning fast.  However, I realize the 15th is happening in the middle of the week, so payday might not be until Monday.  I was just hoping ... thinking maybe some of you "veterans" had seen it paid that quickly, before the weekend.  Regardless, I love it there. :-) Thanks! ...

I Want To Be A Coder So Bad But No One Will Give Me A Chance....aaaghhh
Mar 07, 2013

I spent two years getting my degree and then my RHIT and then my CPC, but I cannot get a job and am beyond frustrated!!!!!  I worked in medical billing before I became an MT, but that was years ago, but that doesn't even matter because I get the same answer every time I apply, "no experience, sorry, we can't hire you." Boooo!!!!!!  I feel like I've wasted two years of life putting myself through school, working nights, spending time away from my family...for what...to be ...

Anyone Laid Off Live In Michigan By Chance?
Apr 05, 2013

Saw this ad posted here, but the training is on site in Michigan -- 9 cpl for SR?? Wow!! http://forum.mtstars.com/472346.html ...

AHDI - Cloudy With A Chance Of A Bright Future
Jul 31, 2013

I see clouds for sure and tornadoes and hurricanes in the "bright future" of MT/MLS or whatever their latest letters are. I haven't had a chance to read it completely yet but here are some of the articles in the latest Plexus: MT to HDS—How Did We Get From There to Here?  - I can give them a few clues on this one! Transcription Trends: Do MTs Still Love Their Jobs? - Wait, I thought they changed our title to MLS? Either way, I say no I do not! Oh here's another one:  ...

80% Chance Of Being Disease Free At 10 Years With Surgery Irradiation Therapy. Is Irradiation Corr
Oct 15, 2009

NM ...

Is There Any Chance These "performance Mentors" Are...sm
Apr 12, 2012

related to the "enhanced compensation plan"? Just wondering since all of a sudden people are posting about it. I haven't gotten an email, but am curious as to how it all works? Like what are they going to do for you? Did the email say? ...

Anterolateral "chance" Pins Were Placed
Nov 22, 2014

This is driving me crazy because I remember this term from 6 months ago but unfortunately am not finding it in my notes.  This is ortho surgery and doc is quite clear, s/l Chantz/Chance/Chants pins.  Thanks! ...

Unemployment Pay For ICs?
Dec 30, 2010

Wondering....was forced to change from statutory employee to IC status with federal ID number instead of SS# when MDI-MD was rolled into Transcend.  Now, Transcend informs that they are NOT going to be employing ICs after Jan 1, 2011. Would like to apply for unemployment, but am being told by a number of people that is not do-able because wages were paid under Federal ID #, not to my social and I signed an IC contract (under great duress, I might add!) Anybody have experience with this, ca ...

Unemployment ??
Aug 01, 2011

Has anyone applied for unemployment when you have run out of work? Just wondering, you can - even if you have work on and off, but not enough, depending on what your state requirements are.  I can no longer survive like this anymore, work then no work - I have only made 100.00 in a week and a half.  Anyone in this occupation should be able to be retrained through EDD as this job is disappearing and we are being taken advantage of ....... Just won ...

Where Does Unemployment Come From If....
Oct 16, 2011

If you live in 1 state and work at home but your employer is located in another state, which state pays your unemployment?  My state pays relatively low but if I am able to collect from my employer's state, I would receive slightly more money per week.  Anyone have any experience with this?   ...

Unemployment In CA-do You Go Through CA?
Apr 15, 2013

I am being told I have to go through TN since MModal is located there. ...

Unemployment FYI: If You Even Think, You Might
Oct 05, 2013

Start getting paperwork documentation in order NOW.  Here's hoping you don't need it, but you will be that much further ahead if you do.   Even if you're not at risk of being fired, laid off could be possible and you would still need this. It could be at least 21 days from the time the question arose, before you receive an answer about benefits.  If your case is complicated in any way, it will take longer. Try as hard as you can to save up at least 2, if not ...

Unemployment
Dec 23, 2014

Does anyone know if you would be eligible for unemployment if you get terminated because you are not "meeting contractual obligations" i.e. LPH/QA?   ...

Factoids On Unemployment
Dec 27, 2009

Some of you may know some or all of this about unemployment from the "employer's" perspective but here goes.  I just spoke to my brother who is the CEO of his very successful business, with only a handful of employees, but he is looking on netting over 1 mil. next year (!)  Anyway, he lives and works in California.  He told me that if someone applies for disability, the state contacts him to hear his point-of-view.  They tell him why the employee has filed, and he has a ...

Partial Unemployment?
Feb 16, 2010

Anyone had luck in getting partial unemployment as a PT employee?  I have a record of all NJA which does not happen every day but at least a few times each month. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me About Unemployment After Spheris Buy Out?
Mar 15, 2010

Can anyone tell me if I were to survive the MQ buy out and was actually hired by MQ but "things" changed quite a bit, would I be eligible to draw unemployment? ...

Probation And Unemployment
Sep 15, 2010

Does anyone know if you can collect unemployment if it doesn't work out with a company while you are on probation?  In other words, you do your 90 days and either you or the company decides it did not work out.  Can you then recieve unemployment?  Thanks!  ...

Unemployment Issues
Nov 10, 2011

Has anyone ever been offered a job and accepted offer letter only to turn it down and actually not start working at all at the company and then filing for unemployment benefits?  This is what has happened to me.   This happened to me and now evidently it threw up a red flag to unemployment benefits audit department.   Now unemployment has to check with that company I was supposed to start at to verify employment and now I have a 50-50 chance of getting benefits and have to wait a ...

Unemployment When No Work?
Jan 02, 2012

As usual with the holidays, I've not had work 3 days now. Does anyone know if I can draw unemployment? Has anyone working for MQ been able to draw benefits when there's days with no work? Any help would be appreciated.  ...

UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE
May 29, 2012

NO WORK CONTINUES.....Time for ALL of us who are being cheated out of a living to head for the unemployment office.  How many folks out there will say TODAY...no more?? ...