A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

5% submission straw that broke the camel's back. - trans4life

Posted: Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company that was built on quality.  My best to all those gals and guys who are slaving every day trying to produce a quality product in a field that gets not much respect, if any at all, from the medical profession.  Ten quarters from now, RN.  Good luck everyone!

ohhh, I always wanted to be an RN - envy

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I could afford to go back. I don't think the mortgage company would allow me 10 quarters of no payments though, so I guess I am stuck.

Want mine? - Ex-RNer

[ In Reply To ..]
At the age of 51 I could never go back into the "trenches" of hospital work. I have a Bachelor's in nursing. I let my license expire 10 years ago and now would need to take the NCLEX (boards) to get it back. I tried a NCLEX sample test and failed. Don't think doing MT work will help you that much. You'll start out at the bottom as well with no clinical experience. Even my 10 years of experience as an RN from 20 years ago doesn't qualify me for anything now. At my age, I also couldn't lift those patients in bed by myself anymore. Even in the 80s, a helper nurse was hard to find. Think you'll be more fulfilled? Remember you'll still be dealing with the egotistical doctors telling you what to do like you're a maid. Not me.

Change of profession for me too! - nimble fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I am doing the exact same thing! I'm currently enrolled in college to become an RN. I didn't like the way things were going downhill fast at the "Q" and decided I had to do something quick. I am so excited to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to you in your new career path. Nurses will always be needed and appreciated!

I am too old to go back to school (60) and so I have to continue I this once great profession that h - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
All corporates are out for as much money as they can make and screw anybody who gets in their way!

You are not too old. I know of a 98-year-old woman - huh?

[ In Reply To ..]
who graduated this year from college
That's great - but who will HIRE HER? - anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]

appreciated? lol - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Back at school too and I am 46 years old. - Becoming a medical assistant and

[ In Reply To ..]
after working as a medical assistant after 1 year of work, the company I will choose to work for will pay 50% of your schooling as long as it is in the medical field. After 3 years, 75% and after 5 years, 100% of your schooling will be paid. I plan on going to school after I work as a medical assistant after a year. There are new jobs coming out in the healthcare field and one of the new positions (so new they have not come up with a new name yet) you check emails of patients to find out if they are critical and need to be sent to the doctor or send email to lab, etc. They pay 26.00 an hour.

Already have a medical assistant certificate, but that was 20 years ago and need to update. Also thinking of becoming a physical therapy assistant and that pay is around 26.00 to 28.00 an hour.

I have interviewed all these healthcare fields and they all LOVE their jobs. The way they are being treated, free health care and no cost to them AND so much more. It is like a second family to them by working for Providence in my area. At least I am sure I will get good healthcare and no cost to me and and some other benefits like paid schooling versus a mouse pad.

good for you - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
sounds like you have a great plan! Your last sentence made me laugh. So true! I know it's not really funny, though.

Similar Messages:

The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back-insurance Open Enrollment
Dec 08, 2013

Well - I am finally moving!  Started applying to non-MT jobs this week.    Have known it, have been saying it, but just could not bring myself to do it.  We just did open enrollement for 2014.  I now am paying $430 a month for my spouse and I to get contracted insurance rates - because that (and the wellness benefits) are ALL that it covers (not even pharmacy) until we pay $7500 together, then it covers a WHOPPING 75% till we pay $12,500 for our max out of pocket.& ...

Short-straw Syndrome?
Jul 26, 2010

... ...

Doc Rattling His Ice, Slurping His Straw.
Apr 21, 2013

of Pete! Sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp, rattle rattle, sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp ...

The Final Straw, The Only Reason I Have Stayed So Long
Apr 02, 2010

I just received a letter from Medquist saying they will no longer be offering Kaiser Insurance which I have had for years.  That means starting all over finding a doctor and having insurance that doesn't cover anything.  I was with Blue Cross before Kaiser and nothing was covered.  It's a scam. ...

BROKE MT
Dec 10, 2009

I am so broke being an MT I have no gas to heat my house.  The only room I keep heated is my office and the bathroom with electric heaters.   On my bed I have an electric mattress pad that keeps me really warm.  On my days off, I fire up the fireplace if I can get out to get the wood from the barn.  It could be worse. I could be on the street and cold!  ...

I'm So Broke...
Sep 18, 2010

I will probably make 21k this year, and that is depressing me!  This is my first full year doing just VR.  I made 32k 2 years ago and I was happy with that.  I don't need to make tons of money, just need to pay my bills.  I now qualify for Medicaid because I make so little.  I just can't seem to get a lot of lines doing VR and I have tried everything.  I feel that if I go too fast I will make a lot of errors.  I really feel like a failure now and ...

Slowly Going Broke
Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.   I keep hoping my work pool will get better and have been told new accounts are coming but until that happens, I really need some additional income.  I've tried to getting switched over to another area without any luck.  I keep seeing my l ...

Boyfriend And I Broke Up Because Of This Job.
Dec 31, 2012

Am I the only one whose boyfriend/husband cannot stand us working in the house? You're chained to the computer, you want to work regular hours like everyone else in America and you cannot get away. The constant SOS's, or you have to work evenings and weekends and you don't have time for your mate. We fought all the time and now he's gone. Don't say then he wasnt worth it. But he was right about everything. they shouldn't make you work more than 8 hours a day. ...

Broke, Depressed, And Can't Find A Job
Jun 24, 2010

I guess I'm just venting, but suggestions are welcome. The title says it all in a nutshell, but let me explain. I don't have any money. I am relying on someone else to buy food for me every week. I don't have a job and can't find one. I would give up MT and start applying outside the house, but I can't because I am depressed and have severe social anxiety disorder, so that won't work. If I am getting more depressed by the minute. If I even could get a part-time job, ...

*RED ALERT* Doctors Are GOING BROKE!
Jan 05, 2012

Citing industry experts, we TOLD YOU this was coming.  But you kept INSISTING that it wasn't true as you continued drinking the Obama Kool-Aid. Read it.  WEEP.  Weep because these are the PEOPLE WE WORK FOR.  With doctors going BROKE and closing their doors, this means FEWER OPPORTUNITIES for MTs. This isn't Fox News, either -- it's CNN's Money Report.  And if you believe (as claimed by one quoted in this article) that -- SUDDENLY -- physician ...

I Am Literally Going BROKE Working For This Company
Dec 05, 2011

My region has just brought on a few new accounts which would be considered a good thing for most but here is my problem.  I'm an MME so these new accounts are all 100% QA which means I've only made $0.03 cpl for days now.  To make it a thousand times worse, it seems as if every doctor on one of our new accounts has a different set of samples and formatting to follow so when I'm not earning $0.03 cpl QA'ing other people's work I've got at least a dozen samples open ...

Tired Of 7 Days A Week And STILL Broke
Oct 20, 2012

I am SO tired of 7 days a week at the computer, scrapping for work.  Actual rate of pay figures out to about $10.50 per hour.  I used to be able to do 200 lph no sweat.  All these crazy platforms and HUGE increase in nasty E4L (Enlish as as 4TH language ) dictators.  I want a 5-day a week, 8-hour a day job.  I want my LIFE back.  I never used to have to work 80-hour weeks to make $40,000-plus a year.. now barely make $25,000 a year, and I am NOT a slacker.  I ...

QA Submission
May 31, 2010

I forgot what our percentage is supposed to be on QA submission.  ...

QA Submission Max Lines
Mar 03, 2010

I am sooo tired of looking at that email they sent out about this.  I thought i read they will be sending us something for us how to figure out this submission lines crap.  my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds right now between work and this mess they are throwing at us.  thanks for any help.  ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

QA Submission Calculation??
Mar 10, 2010

What is the QA submission calculation??  I can't find the email.  Please help.  Thank you. ...

QA Submission First Time Right
Mar 12, 2010

Awww after teleconference with the bigwigs from the Q, telling us how smart and brilliant we are and they trust our ability to make good decisions, they still insist our QA rates will be low enough and we will not get dinged for QA submissions over the 5%, because we will find everything we need in the "reports they are allowing us to see".  Yeah right, and everything I touch is going to turn to gold.  Are they serious??  I just figure lots of blanks going to clients.  No one ...

QA Submission Dilemma
May 27, 2010

Report from a new dictator, not English-speaking of course, 84 lines, 10 QA markers.  Listened through the whole stupid thing twice to get it down to 10 markers, looked up old reports on the same patient, wasted a great deal of time trying to find anything helpful.  So finally sent to to QA.  Just checked to see if THEY were able to fill in any of the gobblety-goop.  Hasn't been done.  This will probably set me over the allowed 5% and for all that horrific work I di ...

QA Submission Doubt
Feb 09, 2012

i am new inductee in to MModal with 15-days expirence til now.. Can someone tel me what is that thing in DocQmanage in statstics that states in LC , which says " QA submission" "YES" and "NO"... what exactely is that.. does that affect the final paycheck.. If it shows " NO" then do i get paid more for that file? or vice-versa?          ...

QA Submission Policy.... Again
Apr 18, 2012

Hello, can't find it in MMCentral, can't locate the orig email (somewhere in my PCs cyberspace) but thought it was 5% per pay period.  Can someone please point me to the HR policy that dictates this?  TIA   ...

QA Submission Rate
Jul 04, 2014

Anyone know the percentage we should be under? I can't remember. Thanks. ...

QA 10% Submission Rate
Dec 31, 2014

E-mail from boss stating we needed to get this down as a team.  How about putting us back on our primaries?  With having to do multiple accounts, it is hard to remember all the "facts" each account commands.   When working  OT, I never got any familiar accounts.  Go figure.   Wouldn't it have  been wiser to let me work on accounts that I knew and was faster on?  I know, this is unrealistic thinking/reasoning. If the doctors/NPs dictated bet ...

Question On 5% And 10% Submission Rate
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, if I am reading the e-mail from corporate correctly, that means that if a MT produces 5,000 lines a week, then the QA submission rate should be no more than 10% of lines which would be 500 QA markers or at 5% that would be no more than 250 QA markers.  Is that correct, or am I reading it incorrectly?  Or is my math incorrect?  ...

Well, Just Got The Dreaded QA Submission For 2/28/10 Period...sm
Mar 31, 2010

Well, 18 year employee here. (PT for 10 years)  came from TL which was GREAT company and then MQ bought out.   I have very chronic illnesses that I absolutely cannot go and get an outside the home job.   I, as stated, don't have a real problem with FTR, because frankly all of us MT/MEs who have done this job for any length of time should be doing our work correctly anyway.  This is something I have always prided myself on, and yes it reflected my production rat ...

Follow-up On QA Submission Yesterday
Oct 27, 2010

On the 3 horrible reports that I had to submit to QA yesterday because of the 3-blank rule, thus losing 3 cpl probably, QA had no more luck filling in the blanks than I and sent them through with 5-10 blanks.  That makes me so mad -- not at QA, just in general that I get penalized financially when it was the DOCTOR'S FAULT AND THE PICKY FACILITY'S "RULE."  ...

Re: Oracle. How Long After Resume Submission (sm)
Jul 23, 2012

does it take to hear back from them?  I'm looking for flexibility, especially on weekends, and they seem to offer that.  ...

First Time Right - CPL Being Decreased If The QA Submission Rate Is Too High
Mar 07, 2010

I've had time to think about this whole First Time Right plan.   I've seen a lot in my 32 yrs in the business and in my humble opinion, I think it will be okay except for the part about CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high.  There must be an alternative other than taking away hard earned pay.  Anyone else agree? ...

QA Submission - Apparently Client Rule Reports
Jan 17, 2011

that are sent to QA, the ones you are forced to send due to the client wanting all reports QA's, a certain dictator, etc....I was just reading in the "Rewards" Plan that these reports are NOT counted towards our QA submission . I have read posts here where MTs were frustrated because they thought they WERE.  Please read (I think page 10 but not sure) where it says they are NOT.  If you feel yours are counting against you, copy and paste the paragraph and send it to your CCM.  ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Where Is The "I Am So Broke" Post? Seems The Board Is Trying
Sep 19, 2010

Hmmmm ...