A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am literally going BROKE working for this company - anon

Posted: Dec 05, 2011

My region has just brought on a few new accounts which would be considered a good thing for most but here is my problem.  I'm an MME so these new accounts are all 100% QA which means I've only made $0.03 cpl for days now.  To make it a thousand times worse, it seems as if every doctor on one of our new accounts has a different set of samples and formatting to follow so when I'm not earning $0.03 cpl QA'ing other people's work I've got at least a dozen samples open on my desk top and have to keep toggling back and forth to make sure the formatting is right for these doctors.  I'm BEYOND frustrated.  I feel like logging off and just walking away from the whole mess.  If I've made $20 in the last three days it would be a miracle. 

I feel for ya - MME too

[ In Reply To ..]
But don't we make 4 cpl for 100% QA and 3 cpl for blanks? Or are these accounts not marked for 100%, but your CCM says to do 100% anyway?

YES you are right - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorrysorrysorry - it's $0.04 cpl for 100% QA and $0.03 for non-100% QA. But when each report takes forEVER to do I'm lucky to earn $5 an hour at $0.04 cpl.

I don't know WHY they let each doctor dictate how they *prefer* to have their reports formatted - it makes NO SENSE AT ALL to me. It's like cooking a separate meal for a dozen different people. Why don't they just get the doctors to do normals? It would save us TONS of time, allow us to make a decent wage, and the doctor would be sure to get the consistent quality they want.

I don't get it - I'm literally shaking my head.

Did the math - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I was asked several times in the past to become an MME but even doing the quick math in my head led me to believe I would be earning even less than I do as an MT. I work very part-time so what I earn is enough but I don't understand how anyone can work full-time in this field any more unless they are trapped by circumstances. I also don't understand why the CCMs are willing to work or at least be available 24/7. This is 21st century America not Victorian England but I guess Bob Cratchit still works at MQ.

Totally agreed - here's how they snag people - into doing it

[ In Reply To ..]
What you said about the pay for an MME is totally true. They way they present it to people is actually very CRAFTY - I would consider myself a very smart girl but I fell for it. Here's the clever way it was offered to me:

"We are SO appreciative of all your hard work and your exceptional quality. I've recommended that you be promoted to an MME position! This will open up a whole new avenue of income for you - so instead of doing just typing and SR, you will also have this THIRD form income available to you as an MME!"

So, they present it as having a promotion, and as being given a RAISE with having a THIRD form of income made available to us. Very, very clever. What they DON'T tell you is that before long, you will be doing 90% MME work at $0.03 or $0.04 cpl and very little SR or typing work anymore.

If anyone is ever offered this position, SAY NO. You will literally go broke. You will have to work 18-hour days just to earn a decent wage.

I also know what you're talking about with the CCMs being available 24-hours a day. I don't know how they do it. I see my CCM logging in and out of her work chat account all hours of the day and night. Something tells me she probably earns less than I do, even.

don't kid yourself - beat down

[ In Reply To ..]
After being grandfathered in as an MME (previously QA) and the "fantastic" income starting flowing (I am now making minimum wage), I decided to apply for a CCM position that was open as I have my Bachelor's Degree and felt that I would qualify (LOL). To make a long story short, I got to the interview stage and was provided the hiring salary $52,000/year. So don't feel sorry for the CCM working 24/7 - they are being paid well for it.

Similar Messages:

Working For More Than 1 Company?
Feb 07, 2011

I know a lot of you work for two different companies.  But what about 3?  Those of you who do, can you handle it.  I am finally hearing from all these companies I applied to and I was thinking maybe I should work for 3 that way, I will hopefully always have work. ...

Experience Working For This Company?
Dec 29, 2009

Does anyone have experience working for this company? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Currently Working For A Company That Pays 0.055 Cpl
Sep 07, 2011

Currently working for a company that pays 0.055 cpl.  How can anybody make any money?  Throw in their formatting and you might as well be working for free.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  ...

I Just Started Working For A Company With VR
Oct 17, 2011

I started working for a company 2 weeks ago and it's about 99% VR, so I just edit all day.  Sometimes I would rather type it because it would be faster than editing. Other times it is faster to just edit it. The problem is, it is going to take at least the length of the recording to get the job done either way, but with VR I'm being paid only 4 cents a line.  It's the same work for less than half the pay I had before with straight typing. I just calculated up what I made ...

Working For This Company Is Demoralizing
Feb 28, 2015

Always on edge wondering what error they're going to ding you for next. Constant reminders of all you're doing wrong, and never getting told what you're doing right. Poverty wages. The only reason I'm working for this company is so I can keep my health insurance. The minute I get a new job, which I search for every day, I'm done here. ...

Chronicle Transcripts - Who Out There Working For This Company
Mar 15, 2010

Who out there working for this company like it so far????  ...

Precyse Solutions - Considering Working For This Company
Jul 27, 2010

I'm considering working for this company.  I have an interview scheduled.  Can any current employees let me know what you think of the company?  Most of what I have read does not sound good. :-( ...

The Transcription Doctors - Anyone Has Or Is Working For This Company?
Sep 26, 2010

Was just wanting to know if anyone has or is working for this company?  If so how are they to work for? Thanks... ...

Started Working For A Company 2 Weeks Ago And
Mar 10, 2011

so, what do you think?  I started working with them 2 weeks ago and at first, you have to pend all your work to QA which I have been doing and I haven't heard anything from anyone.  Every other company I have worked with send you QA feedback so you know if you are on track or not.  I am just worried that this place is shady and when it comes time to get paychecks, I will have a hard time. ...

I Think We're All Going To Need PTSD Counseling After Working For This Company
Mar 08, 2014

It might take years of counseling to undo what this company has done to its employees.  This is like being in a really, really, really bad relationship that you can't really describe to anyone outside of it because it's so nightmarish they would think you were making it all up.  When it's all over and the lights are turned off (and they will be, soon), we'll all have the absolute craziest tales about this company to tell people, because nobody, absolutely nobody e ...

Working As An IC...putting Company Names On Applications?
Nov 12, 2012

I am applying to a company that would like me to give names and phone numbers of current and previous employers for verification.  I have really only had one "employer" in the last six years.  All the rest are companies I do IC work for, including the one I am working for now.  Do I put the company names and phone numbers down?  It feels somehow wrong, like I am breaking confidentiality or putting their names and numbers down in some sort of behind-their-back way.  Any t ...

BROKE MT
Dec 10, 2009

I am so broke being an MT I have no gas to heat my house.  The only room I keep heated is my office and the bathroom with electric heaters.   On my bed I have an electric mattress pad that keeps me really warm.  On my days off, I fire up the fireplace if I can get out to get the wood from the barn.  It could be worse. I could be on the street and cold!  ...

I'm So Broke...
Sep 18, 2010

I will probably make 21k this year, and that is depressing me!  This is my first full year doing just VR.  I made 32k 2 years ago and I was happy with that.  I don't need to make tons of money, just need to pay my bills.  I now qualify for Medicaid because I make so little.  I just can't seem to get a lot of lines doing VR and I have tried everything.  I feel that if I go too fast I will make a lot of errors.  I really feel like a failure now and ...

Slowly Going Broke
Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.   I keep hoping my work pool will get better and have been told new accounts are coming but until that happens, I really need some additional income.  I've tried to getting switched over to another area without any luck.  I keep seeing my l ...

Boyfriend And I Broke Up Because Of This Job.
Dec 31, 2012

Am I the only one whose boyfriend/husband cannot stand us working in the house? You're chained to the computer, you want to work regular hours like everyone else in America and you cannot get away. The constant SOS's, or you have to work evenings and weekends and you don't have time for your mate. We fought all the time and now he's gone. Don't say then he wasnt worth it. But he was right about everything. they shouldn't make you work more than 8 hours a day. ...

A Load Off Literally
Jul 17, 2013

Finally quit. Except for leaving MM I have never felt such a load taken off my shoulders. I am going to a hospital system where historically they do not treat people like robots, or slaves. I was going to try to hang on here, by hermiting (do my job and not look at e mails, etc) but decided to try to get out and with a lot of job hunting it worked. I still cannot believe how much pressure has lifted. Oddly I no longer feel depressed. I guess now I know what was causing my sadness... I am not say ...

Has Anybody Moved From MT To Working For A Car Rental Company At Home. Doesn't Sound Too Bad.
Apr 23, 2014

One ad I saw starts at $12.45 an hour. Right now I make more, but it's only a matter of time until I don't. If anyone has tried this, I'd appreciate some insight. Thanks!!!! ...

Broke, Depressed, And Can't Find A Job
Jun 24, 2010

I guess I'm just venting, but suggestions are welcome. The title says it all in a nutshell, but let me explain. I don't have any money. I am relying on someone else to buy food for me every week. I don't have a job and can't find one. I would give up MT and start applying outside the house, but I can't because I am depressed and have severe social anxiety disorder, so that won't work. If I am getting more depressed by the minute. If I even could get a part-time job, ...

*RED ALERT* Doctors Are GOING BROKE!
Jan 05, 2012

Citing industry experts, we TOLD YOU this was coming.  But you kept INSISTING that it wasn't true as you continued drinking the Obama Kool-Aid. Read it.  WEEP.  Weep because these are the PEOPLE WE WORK FOR.  With doctors going BROKE and closing their doors, this means FEWER OPPORTUNITIES for MTs. This isn't Fox News, either -- it's CNN's Money Report.  And if you believe (as claimed by one quoted in this article) that -- SUDDENLY -- physician ...

I Am Literally Amazed That On One Screen
Jun 08, 2012

there is a whole long thread about people with NJA and no PTO time left because of it, people complaining about mandatory OT, AND comments about ads to hire more new MT's.  This company is truly weird. ...

Literally Physically Sick Of This
Jul 30, 2013

These are the last 3 days of my notice. I thought I would be elated. Instead, I had a really really bad day (again). I have always done well, been in the business forever. I learned to hang on here a year, rarely if ever paid mind to the nasty e mails because I kept my nose to the grindstone. I managed to get bonus almost every payperiod the last several months, and last time got the big bonus.   All of a sudden out of nowhere about 3 weeks ago I suddenly sucked so bad as an MT it seems I ...

Wondering? New Company Working For Counts 65 Characters Per Line. Is This Normal? Seems High To
Nov 11, 2009

NM ...

Literally Instructed To Clock Into DocQScribe
Mar 25, 2011

Schedule Source.  That 4-5 seconds is really that important?  ...

Literally Was Falling Asleep While Typing Just Now...
Dec 20, 2011

Was just falling asleep while transcribing a report.  I kept nodding off.  I had to rewind quite a few times to see what I may have missed.  I usually don't have this problem, but I went to bed really late and had to get up earlier than usual so didn't get the sleep I normally do.  What is a good wake up remedy?  ...

Well, I Knew It Would Happen...This Job Is Literally A Pain...
Apr 19, 2012

I have noticed that my right index finger is a little bigger than the left, feeling a little tender, not real painful yet.  I measured them and sure enough it IS bigger.  Great, does this mean I'm getting arthritis or something?  In my late 40s--am I old enough for this?  Probably.   I just hope this doesn't get any worse.  I'll be in big trouble.   I had to drop my medical insurance.  And if I can't work, I don't know w ...

This Place Makes Me Literally Ill. No Joke
Oct 02, 2012

I don't think I am going back to working here. My son thinks it isn't right for me to leave b/c of a bad boss who micromanages everyone until they cannot breathe.  I have another source for money and for the little I make here it isn't worth the effort anymore. Just writing to warn others about the micromanaging done here.  The pay is so little, it isn't worth it. Thanks for listening. I know this is a negative move on my behalf regarding money but you cannot take m ...

Tired Of 7 Days A Week And STILL Broke
Oct 20, 2012

I am SO tired of 7 days a week at the computer, scrapping for work.  Actual rate of pay figures out to about $10.50 per hour.  I used to be able to do 200 lph no sweat.  All these crazy platforms and HUGE increase in nasty E4L (Enlish as as 4TH language ) dictators.  I want a 5-day a week, 8-hour a day job.  I want my LIFE back.  I never used to have to work 80-hour weeks to make $40,000-plus a year.. now barely make $25,000 a year, and I am NOT a slacker.  I ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

Frustration And Anger Over This Job Might Literally Be Killing Me.
Apr 02, 2015

I once took great pride in the practice of medical transcription.  Funny that we didn't call ourselves "editors" then, because the fact is that we really were editors in much more of the true sense of that word than we are now.  A true editor can take garbage, stomp it, filter it, ferment it, age it, and ultimately bring forth a bottle of delicious wine from it. This, we did also.  From garbage dictations, we used superior language skills, a knowledge of many subjects, skill ...

5% Submission Straw That Broke The Camel's Back.
Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company tha ...