A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

First Time Right - CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high - texasmt

Posted: Mar 07, 2010

I've had time to think about this whole First Time Right plan.   I've seen a lot in my 32 yrs in the business and in my humble opinion, I think it will be okay except for the part about CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high.  There must be an alternative other than taking away hard earned pay.  Anyone else agree?

First Time Right - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Think about it. If someone is getting 4 cents per line doing ASR and gets a bunch of terrible reports that just have to be sent to QA - she will be getting 1 cent per line for all those lines over 5%. As far as I am concerned, this is just another way for MQ to lower its total cost per line.

texasmt - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Absolute agree. Don't mind sending blank past QA. Don't mind looking up an old report occasionally. Don't think that our taking MORE responsibility should be penalized with a (another) pay cut.

Similar Messages:

QA Submission Rate
Jul 04, 2014

Anyone know the percentage we should be under? I can't remember. Thanks. ...

QA 10% Submission Rate
Dec 31, 2014

E-mail from boss stating we needed to get this down as a team.  How about putting us back on our primaries?  With having to do multiple accounts, it is hard to remember all the "facts" each account commands.   When working  OT, I never got any familiar accounts.  Go figure.   Wouldn't it have  been wiser to let me work on accounts that I knew and was faster on?  I know, this is unrealistic thinking/reasoning. If the doctors/NPs dictated bet ...

Question On 5% And 10% Submission Rate
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, if I am reading the e-mail from corporate correctly, that means that if a MT produces 5,000 lines a week, then the QA submission rate should be no more than 10% of lines which would be 500 QA markers or at 5% that would be no more than 250 QA markers.  Is that correct, or am I reading it incorrectly?  Or is my math incorrect?  ...

QA Submission First Time Right
Mar 12, 2010

Awww after teleconference with the bigwigs from the Q, telling us how smart and brilliant we are and they trust our ability to make good decisions, they still insist our QA rates will be low enough and we will not get dinged for QA submissions over the 5%, because we will find everything we need in the "reports they are allowing us to see".  Yeah right, and everything I touch is going to turn to gold.  Are they serious??  I just figure lots of blanks going to clients.  No one ...

Is 97 A High Respiratory Rate?
Jan 14, 2010

Usually my respiratory rate values are in the teens.  This time it's 97 and wonder if I should question.  Patient is 92 years old and has weakness and dimentia.  I've searched for rr values and it shows normals 12-20. ...

Is It "high-dose Rate" Or "high-dose-rate" Brachytherapy.
Jul 29, 2010

:) ...

Time Versus Line Rate
May 18, 2011

The problem is not getting paid for time incurred.  You get paid for lines but not time.  Also, transcription is very gender-biased.  Management knows all you nice gals will never revolt and will just go on working for peanuts and accept being cheated every way they can figure out to cheat you.  ...

Going Line Rate For Full-time MT
Dec 12, 2012

I was just offered 8 cpl for straight and 4 cpl for speech with bonuses.  Does that sound reasonable?  I understand apparently there are some rates better than this. I have worked for this company for years as an IC and they recently offered me this.  I am just wondering if this is a fair rate.  As an IC I made 9 cpl. I never have done speech yet with this company. ...

Do We Get Paid Our Full Hourly Rate For Down Time
Jan 12, 2013

Do we get paid our full hourly rate for down time? ...

Benefit Rate Went Down $3.00 An Hour, Just In Time For Vacation
Jan 17, 2014

Just great. Even though it says on their little line count thing that I do 488 lines per hour, benefit rate goes down $3.00 an hour. I didn't do that many before so what gives MM? ...

Applied For Partial UE But Since I Am Part Time, Same As My Benefit Rate
Feb 19, 2013

They told me the amt I would get is the same as my benefit rate of four hours paid by mmodal so I guess I won't bother.  It seems to be more of a pain than its worth. I will just take the benefit rate times four hours.  Can't live on it but better than nothing. ...

S/l Loprozol 50 Mg BID. Pt Has A Hx Of Type II DM, HTN, High Lipids, High Lipids, Heartburn, Neurop
Jan 12, 2010

x ...

Decreased Work At The Q
Aug 25, 2010

1.  Combine the 2 largest companies .... a lot of MTs.   2.  Developing technology, such as Epic, leading to needing less MTs.  3.  Offshoring, for less; thus, losing accounts but not MTs. 4.  Summer vacation for many doctors resulting in less work after Buyout.     ...

Decreased Right Ventricular (s/l) *tor*ses* SM
Aug 31, 2010

Just FYI, he is definitly not saying "torsion." ...

Here's Why Our Pay Has Decreased So Drastically.
Sep 29, 2010

I originally posted this as a reply to another poster, but wanted to re-post it so that everyone could see and understand why our pay has decreased so drastically the past year.  This is an excerpt from notes to financial statements in MQ SEC filing obtained from www.faqs.org: "Cost of revenues decreased $4.0 million, or 7.5% to $49.8 million for the three months ended March 31, 2010 compared with $53.9 million for the three months ended March 31, 2009. This decrea ...

How Many Have Had Line Rates Decreased?
Oct 05, 2012

I heard that KS has recently reduced everyone's line rates by 1 cent and only pay a flat fee for radiology reports now. Which other MTSOs have done this? ...

Any Other SHDAs Notice Decreased ILP QA?
Aug 23, 2014

Since the transition, I have not gotten nearly as much ILP QA as I used to.  Not much in the way of US MTs either, but I expect that with their blank contest.  I have a feeling they have made ILP work only QA'd by ILPs now without the extra step through US QA.  If that is the case, there is going to be a lot more garbage reports going to the hospitals, especially considering ILP QA barely even look at reports before sending them on. ...

Decreased Wages, Increased LPH
Jan 07, 2015

In the past 4 years, my productivity requirements have risen 40 LPH, in 2014 our productivity bonus was taken away, now in 2015 our passing QA scores have been increased.    I feel sorry for anyone entering the MT field these days.    ...

Decreased Breath Sounds At Right Base With (s/) E:A Changes...?
Aug 07, 2011

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help! ...

What Would You Do, Pay Decreased When Company Changed Hands
Mar 30, 2012

I was working for a company that got bought out by another company and the client I was typing for was paying 12 cents a line, now the new company will only give me 7.5 cents a line for the same client.  This client is ESL and very hard to learn and his files are always 10+ minutes each.  They told me I would eventually get 10 cents for him, but that was almost 6 months ago and still only get 7.5.  I have asked for a raise to at least 8 cents and they denied me.  What would y ...

QA Submission
May 31, 2010

I forgot what our percentage is supposed to be on QA submission.  ...

Patient Was Upset By The S/l *ma-loo* On The Unit And Has Decreased Sleep" NM TIA
May 24, 2012

x ...

QA Submission Max Lines
Mar 03, 2010

I am sooo tired of looking at that email they sent out about this.  I thought i read they will be sending us something for us how to figure out this submission lines crap.  my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds right now between work and this mess they are throwing at us.  thanks for any help.  ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

QA Submission Calculation??
Mar 10, 2010

What is the QA submission calculation??  I can't find the email.  Please help.  Thank you. ...

QA Submission Dilemma
May 27, 2010

Report from a new dictator, not English-speaking of course, 84 lines, 10 QA markers.  Listened through the whole stupid thing twice to get it down to 10 markers, looked up old reports on the same patient, wasted a great deal of time trying to find anything helpful.  So finally sent to to QA.  Just checked to see if THEY were able to fill in any of the gobblety-goop.  Hasn't been done.  This will probably set me over the allowed 5% and for all that horrific work I di ...

QA Submission Doubt
Feb 09, 2012

i am new inductee in to MModal with 15-days expirence til now.. Can someone tel me what is that thing in DocQmanage in statstics that states in LC , which says " QA submission" "YES" and "NO"... what exactely is that.. does that affect the final paycheck.. If it shows " NO" then do i get paid more for that file? or vice-versa?          ...

QA Submission Policy.... Again
Apr 18, 2012

Hello, can't find it in MMCentral, can't locate the orig email (somewhere in my PCs cyberspace) but thought it was 5% per pay period.  Can someone please point me to the HR policy that dictates this?  TIA   ...

Well, Just Got The Dreaded QA Submission For 2/28/10 Period...sm
Mar 31, 2010

Well, 18 year employee here. (PT for 10 years)  came from TL which was GREAT company and then MQ bought out.   I have very chronic illnesses that I absolutely cannot go and get an outside the home job.   I, as stated, don't have a real problem with FTR, because frankly all of us MT/MEs who have done this job for any length of time should be doing our work correctly anyway.  This is something I have always prided myself on, and yes it reflected my production rat ...

Follow-up On QA Submission Yesterday
Oct 27, 2010

On the 3 horrible reports that I had to submit to QA yesterday because of the 3-blank rule, thus losing 3 cpl probably, QA had no more luck filling in the blanks than I and sent them through with 5-10 blanks.  That makes me so mad -- not at QA, just in general that I get penalized financially when it was the DOCTOR'S FAULT AND THE PICKY FACILITY'S "RULE."  ...