A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA submission max lines - ready for the psych ward

Posted: Mar 03, 2010

I am sooo tired of looking at that email they sent out about this.  I thought i read they will be sending us something for us how to figure out this submission lines crap.  my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds right now between work and this mess they are throwing at us.  thanks for any help. 

psych ward - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
it's supposedly to be based on 10% then later 5% of your total lines transcribed versus how many lines were sent to QA (total number of lines of charts that had blanks in them). Still waiting on clarification of how these submission lines are counted.....per day basis, per week basis, per pay period basis, etc. How they figure it could have a significant impact on how this new program affects us.

How to count submission lines - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is how it was explained to me by my CCM. It will be on a weekly basis (Sun-Sat). Here is an example

40 hours/week x 200 lines/hr = 8000 lines production. 5% of that is 400 lines or less allowed for QA submission.

Even if you send a report with only 1 blank in it to QA, the entire report line count goes towards the submission rate.

So the 5% submission rate is based on your own individual lines for any given week and will change from week to week depending on your production.

We will all have to be on our toes to keep track of this ourselves.

Hey kids - can we spell M I C R O M A N A G E. - Good job.

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh I can't stand MQ any more. I really can't. I really truly honestly cannot. I would love to sit the entire management down and have them do our jobs for just one day and we can micromanage them and they can see how ridiculous they are being.

Not to mention totally unfair. One long winded 4 page report with one blank in it, could get you set up for a cut in your paycheck for the week.

Nice. Real nice.

then which lines are paid at the 3 cpl less? - postal

[ In Reply To ..]
So, anything after that 5% mark that would be submitted would be paid at 3 cpl less than your regular rate, or everything you type after that point, regardless of markers?

This whole thing is crazy. I was told that it was on reports, if I do 40 reports, I am allowed to submit 2 reports to QA.

Kinda sounds to me like no one is going to know how it is scored, like the bonuses, and therefore no one will be able to figure it out, so if they short us again... no one will know the difference.

Also, why play all of these rediculous games when all they have to do is lay us off or fire us, or just stop giving us work? Why make up jump through hoops only to burn in a firey hell anyway?

You know what would have been easier? Give each of us a 1 cpl pay decrease! I would have rather done that then stress of this crapola.
Norma Ray - oops
[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously, we need to take a stand here. They have crossed the line. There must be some state or federal agency we can ask about this. None of us even fully understands how this is going to work. This can't be okay.

Even if we finally understand the math, who is going to decide if we sent the right reports through and sent the right reports to QA? Not very good guidelines given so far, considering I am sure we will be judged heavily on this.

I am serious. These conditions are too stressful to work under and we need to take a stand.
Oh, I am SOOOO there. - Count me in. n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I sent e-mails to - CA-MT
[ In Reply To ..]
some public websites that I'm not allowed to post here. One is a public lawyer's site to see if I have a case. I sent another to a popular MT website asking them how they can allow MQ to advertise for MTs when they are trying to get rid of us with this new tactic, as well as developing their own EPIC line. I spent too much time trying to navigate my state's unemployment site. It only lets me continue if I check one of their FAQ's, and none of them address whether I'd qualify for UI in our situation.
e-mails-lawyer - oops
[ In Reply To ..]
I checked some sites too. Have not e-mailed yet but I am going to. We should keep sharing info.

Strength in numbers.
I get paid 3 cents a line for MME, QA work. If I get the penalty, - I will be working for free
[ In Reply To ..]
If my marker submission (including my own or any that I can't fill in) goes over the limit and I am only getting 3 cents a line for QA work, then does that negate my entire pay?

Holy moly! Get me some water quick! I am either gonna drink it or drown myself in it!
Don't jump in yet! - MME info
[ In Reply To ..]
As I recall, there was something in there that this whole mess does not pertain to MME lines. My understanding was just lines transcribed and edited on ASR, not on lines QA'd? Does this sound right??
You are correct, when I read between - Just me
[ In Reply To ..]
the lines, it looks as though this is a way to force all MTs to become MME. I am seriously considering it. Then again, it also says we have a CHOICE of sending to QA or not, so maybe I will just send every blank to customer (maybe shed some light on the bad dictators). My QA submission rate is low, but they are going by lines to calculate the 5% and so it does not matter because a couple of long reports with a blank and a low-line week can cause you to go over that 5% easily. I wonder how long the customers will put up with this, getting so many reports that need to be corrected by them? Gray area with the choice thing, so maybe can collect UI if fired for it?

Similar Messages:

QA Submission
May 31, 2010

I forgot what our percentage is supposed to be on QA submission.  ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

QA Submission Calculation??
Mar 10, 2010

What is the QA submission calculation??  I can't find the email.  Please help.  Thank you. ...

QA Submission First Time Right
Mar 12, 2010

Awww after teleconference with the bigwigs from the Q, telling us how smart and brilliant we are and they trust our ability to make good decisions, they still insist our QA rates will be low enough and we will not get dinged for QA submissions over the 5%, because we will find everything we need in the "reports they are allowing us to see".  Yeah right, and everything I touch is going to turn to gold.  Are they serious??  I just figure lots of blanks going to clients.  No one ...

QA Submission Dilemma
May 27, 2010

Report from a new dictator, not English-speaking of course, 84 lines, 10 QA markers.  Listened through the whole stupid thing twice to get it down to 10 markers, looked up old reports on the same patient, wasted a great deal of time trying to find anything helpful.  So finally sent to to QA.  Just checked to see if THEY were able to fill in any of the gobblety-goop.  Hasn't been done.  This will probably set me over the allowed 5% and for all that horrific work I di ...

QA Submission Doubt
Feb 09, 2012

i am new inductee in to MModal with 15-days expirence til now.. Can someone tel me what is that thing in DocQmanage in statstics that states in LC , which says " QA submission" "YES" and "NO"... what exactely is that.. does that affect the final paycheck.. If it shows " NO" then do i get paid more for that file? or vice-versa?          ...

QA Submission Policy.... Again
Apr 18, 2012

Hello, can't find it in MMCentral, can't locate the orig email (somewhere in my PCs cyberspace) but thought it was 5% per pay period.  Can someone please point me to the HR policy that dictates this?  TIA   ...

QA Submission Rate
Jul 04, 2014

Anyone know the percentage we should be under? I can't remember. Thanks. ...

QA 10% Submission Rate
Dec 31, 2014

E-mail from boss stating we needed to get this down as a team.  How about putting us back on our primaries?  With having to do multiple accounts, it is hard to remember all the "facts" each account commands.   When working  OT, I never got any familiar accounts.  Go figure.   Wouldn't it have  been wiser to let me work on accounts that I knew and was faster on?  I know, this is unrealistic thinking/reasoning. If the doctors/NPs dictated bet ...

Question On 5% And 10% Submission Rate
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, if I am reading the e-mail from corporate correctly, that means that if a MT produces 5,000 lines a week, then the QA submission rate should be no more than 10% of lines which would be 500 QA markers or at 5% that would be no more than 250 QA markers.  Is that correct, or am I reading it incorrectly?  Or is my math incorrect?  ...

Well, Just Got The Dreaded QA Submission For 2/28/10 Period...sm
Mar 31, 2010

Well, 18 year employee here. (PT for 10 years)  came from TL which was GREAT company and then MQ bought out.   I have very chronic illnesses that I absolutely cannot go and get an outside the home job.   I, as stated, don't have a real problem with FTR, because frankly all of us MT/MEs who have done this job for any length of time should be doing our work correctly anyway.  This is something I have always prided myself on, and yes it reflected my production rat ...

Follow-up On QA Submission Yesterday
Oct 27, 2010

On the 3 horrible reports that I had to submit to QA yesterday because of the 3-blank rule, thus losing 3 cpl probably, QA had no more luck filling in the blanks than I and sent them through with 5-10 blanks.  That makes me so mad -- not at QA, just in general that I get penalized financially when it was the DOCTOR'S FAULT AND THE PICKY FACILITY'S "RULE."  ...

Re: Oracle. How Long After Resume Submission (sm)
Jul 23, 2012

does it take to hear back from them?  I'm looking for flexibility, especially on weekends, and they seem to offer that.  ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

First Time Right - CPL Being Decreased If The QA Submission Rate Is Too High
Mar 07, 2010

I've had time to think about this whole First Time Right plan.   I've seen a lot in my 32 yrs in the business and in my humble opinion, I think it will be okay except for the part about CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high.  There must be an alternative other than taking away hard earned pay.  Anyone else agree? ...

5% Submission Straw That Broke The Camel's Back.
Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company tha ...

QA Submission - Apparently Client Rule Reports
Jan 17, 2011

that are sent to QA, the ones you are forced to send due to the client wanting all reports QA's, a certain dictator, etc....I was just reading in the "Rewards" Plan that these reports are NOT counted towards our QA submission . I have read posts here where MTs were frustrated because they thought they WERE.  Please read (I think page 10 but not sure) where it says they are NOT.  If you feel yours are counting against you, copy and paste the paragraph and send it to your CCM.  ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

About How Many Lines?
Dec 10, 2010

Can anybody that types radiology tell me how on average about how many lines they do an hour or a day?  I am being switched to by the line and have always been paid by the report.  Thanks.  ...

TT Lines?
Feb 11, 2011

Does anyone else struggle to get 2000 lines a day with TransTech?  I've been at TT for about 4-1/2 years, but I'm having a hard time getting over 2000 lines a day.  If you get more than 2000 a day in your 8 hours, can you share your tips?   ...

VBC Lines
Mar 19, 2011

Seems like with the industry pretty much switching to VBC lines, we should get a higher line rate.  Like that is going to happen.  Thoughts? ...

150 Lines Per Hr Or ASR 350?
Sep 09, 2011

so I get my offer from MedQuist today after they acquired AllType.  In order to qualify for benefits, I have to type 150 lines per hr or do voice recognition editing at 350 per hr.  I don't know if I can do this.  On a good account, no problem.  But ASR on accounts I have been doing are ridiculous, so many random errors, no way you can skim through them.  Any body out there that consistently gets these line counts every week without working more than 39 hrs per week ...

Why Does QA Take Lines Away From You If...
Jan 08, 2012

you send in a report with a blank?  or even if they think you made an error like with comma placement?  They end up taking three lines away if you leave a blank for a doctor's name that you could not understand or verify!  do all places do this, or just some?  I don't think it is ethical, myself.  but just asking.  ...

My First VR Job....how Many Lines?
Mar 29, 2012

The company that hired me as an IC wants to know how many lines I will agree to produce per day.  This will be my first job as doing voice recognition.  I am clueless.  I know how many lines I can transcribe but this is a totally different ballgame, right?  I do not want to over comit.  How would you suggest I handle this question on their forms?  TIA ...