A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Follow-up on QA submission yesterday - anon

Posted: Oct 27, 2010

On the 3 horrible reports that I had to submit to QA yesterday because of the 3-blank rule, thus losing 3 cpl probably, QA had no more luck filling in the blanks than I and sent them through with 5-10 blanks.  That makes me so mad -- not at QA, just in general that I get penalized financially when it was the DOCTOR'S FAULT AND THE PICKY FACILITY'S "RULE." 

I feel your pain - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to end up sending a report to QA because I had the worst dictator. Nothing against QA, but we should not be penalized for sending a report to QA because the doctor fails to dictate clearly.

understanding the pain - QA gal

[ In Reply To ..]
No offense felt at all. No way should you guys be penalized for the dictator's garbage. And make no mistake, 95% of it is THE DICTATOR's problem, fault, mess, etc. and not the MT.

If the doctors is mush-mouthed - I dont send to QA

[ In Reply To ..]
I rarely send anything to QA anymore and then only if it is a short report. Since I make heavy use of the old reports, I figure if I can't get it, I'm not going to take the pay cut, not to mention the unpaid time it took me to research.

On some accounts now, at least for my area, - we have no choice.

[ In Reply To ..]
If we have more than 3 blanks, it is mandatory that the report go to QA, no matter the reason for the blanks.

This is because the CLIENTS don't want to have to fill in the blanks for their crappy dictators and were sending all the reports back.

So now, we get penalized regardless...even if QA still can't fill in the blanks.
Blanks - QA
[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, if I had a profile that said I "had" to send a report to QA with more than 3 blanks, I would write my supervisor and let them know that either they exempt that client from the 1st time screwed rule or I send it no matter how many reports and they can let the client know that there is a rule that our pay is taken away for sending to QA and MTs losing pay for it and they can either let their doctors know they need to speak clearly or take the blanks.

Yes, I know we need our jobs and the doctor is always right, but I really am not going to be penalized for something that is not my fault and would fight it. That's just me.

Mandatory for more than 3 blankes no matter what. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Mandatory for more than 3 blanks - Wendi970
[ In Reply To ..]
How can it be mandatory to send to QA? I see documents in account records all the time with no QA check and multiple blanks in text.
Client profile specifies to send to QA for 3 blanks - anon
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Followup, Follow Up, Follow-up, Etc.
Aug 15, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the new and improved BOS rules are for the use of these words? ...

QA Submission
May 31, 2010

I forgot what our percentage is supposed to be on QA submission.  ...

QA Submission Max Lines
Mar 03, 2010

I am sooo tired of looking at that email they sent out about this.  I thought i read they will be sending us something for us how to figure out this submission lines crap.  my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds right now between work and this mess they are throwing at us.  thanks for any help.  ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

QA Submission Calculation??
Mar 10, 2010

What is the QA submission calculation??  I can't find the email.  Please help.  Thank you. ...

QA Submission First Time Right
Mar 12, 2010

Awww after teleconference with the bigwigs from the Q, telling us how smart and brilliant we are and they trust our ability to make good decisions, they still insist our QA rates will be low enough and we will not get dinged for QA submissions over the 5%, because we will find everything we need in the "reports they are allowing us to see".  Yeah right, and everything I touch is going to turn to gold.  Are they serious??  I just figure lots of blanks going to clients.  No one ...

QA Submission Dilemma
May 27, 2010

Report from a new dictator, not English-speaking of course, 84 lines, 10 QA markers.  Listened through the whole stupid thing twice to get it down to 10 markers, looked up old reports on the same patient, wasted a great deal of time trying to find anything helpful.  So finally sent to to QA.  Just checked to see if THEY were able to fill in any of the gobblety-goop.  Hasn't been done.  This will probably set me over the allowed 5% and for all that horrific work I di ...

QA Submission Doubt
Feb 09, 2012

i am new inductee in to MModal with 15-days expirence til now.. Can someone tel me what is that thing in DocQmanage in statstics that states in LC , which says " QA submission" "YES" and "NO"... what exactely is that.. does that affect the final paycheck.. If it shows " NO" then do i get paid more for that file? or vice-versa?          ...

QA Submission Policy.... Again
Apr 18, 2012

Hello, can't find it in MMCentral, can't locate the orig email (somewhere in my PCs cyberspace) but thought it was 5% per pay period.  Can someone please point me to the HR policy that dictates this?  TIA   ...

QA Submission Rate
Jul 04, 2014

Anyone know the percentage we should be under? I can't remember. Thanks. ...

QA 10% Submission Rate
Dec 31, 2014

E-mail from boss stating we needed to get this down as a team.  How about putting us back on our primaries?  With having to do multiple accounts, it is hard to remember all the "facts" each account commands.   When working  OT, I never got any familiar accounts.  Go figure.   Wouldn't it have  been wiser to let me work on accounts that I knew and was faster on?  I know, this is unrealistic thinking/reasoning. If the doctors/NPs dictated bet ...

Question On 5% And 10% Submission Rate
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, if I am reading the e-mail from corporate correctly, that means that if a MT produces 5,000 lines a week, then the QA submission rate should be no more than 10% of lines which would be 500 QA markers or at 5% that would be no more than 250 QA markers.  Is that correct, or am I reading it incorrectly?  Or is my math incorrect?  ...

Well, Just Got The Dreaded QA Submission For 2/28/10 Period...sm
Mar 31, 2010

Well, 18 year employee here. (PT for 10 years)  came from TL which was GREAT company and then MQ bought out.   I have very chronic illnesses that I absolutely cannot go and get an outside the home job.   I, as stated, don't have a real problem with FTR, because frankly all of us MT/MEs who have done this job for any length of time should be doing our work correctly anyway.  This is something I have always prided myself on, and yes it reflected my production rat ...

Re: Oracle. How Long After Resume Submission (sm)
Jul 23, 2012

does it take to hear back from them?  I'm looking for flexibility, especially on weekends, and they seem to offer that.  ...

First Time Right - CPL Being Decreased If The QA Submission Rate Is Too High
Mar 07, 2010

I've had time to think about this whole First Time Right plan.   I've seen a lot in my 32 yrs in the business and in my humble opinion, I think it will be okay except for the part about CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high.  There must be an alternative other than taking away hard earned pay.  Anyone else agree? ...

5% Submission Straw That Broke The Camel's Back.
Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company tha ...

QA Submission - Apparently Client Rule Reports
Jan 17, 2011

that are sent to QA, the ones you are forced to send due to the client wanting all reports QA's, a certain dictator, etc....I was just reading in the "Rewards" Plan that these reports are NOT counted towards our QA submission . I have read posts here where MTs were frustrated because they thought they WERE.  Please read (I think page 10 but not sure) where it says they are NOT.  If you feel yours are counting against you, copy and paste the paragraph and send it to your CCM.  ...

Followup Or Follow-up
Jan 21, 2010

when not used as a verb is it hyphenated or one word? ...

Followup Vs. Follow Up
Sep 11, 2010

Is follow up one word or two, such as "the patient returns for follow up of right knee pain."  Half the girls I work with do it one way and I have always done it as two words.  I would just like to know who is correct.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Followup Or Follow Up
Mar 01, 2011

Help guys!  I have been working with numbers all day, which is not my cup of tea!  I am totally brain dead right now.  If the doctor states the patient is to have cardiology followup, it would be followup, or is it follow up?  ...

Followup .... Follow Up
Feb 01, 2012

Like to share a link about when to use followup and when to use follow up! ...

Follow Up Vs Followup ...
Apr 24, 2012

whats your opinion for the sentence below? "I plan to see him in followup/follow up in 6 months." the doc prefers it one way whereas i'm pretty sure I know which one it should be...can i get your opinion?... ...

Follow Up Or Followup
Jan 09, 2013

It's always the little things that snag me up.  I know the rules on follow up as a verb  and followup as a noun and adjective, but when a doc says, "CHIEF COMPLAINT:  Follow up acne", does he mean "recheck acne" which would make follow up a verb and thus spelled follow up, or does he mean "here for a followup of acne"? and thus the followup spelling.  What is the general rule on this "shortened" statement? Thanks. ...

Followup Vs Follow Up
Feb 28, 2013

Does anyone have a good way to explain the difference in how to use them? ...

Follow Up Vs Followup
Nov 04, 2013

Someone once told me a word to substitue that would let you know which follow up to use.  Does anyone know what that word is???? ...

Help! Will Follow Up S/l EP STAT? I'm Stumped!
Jun 09, 2010

.. ...

Small-bowel Follow-through
Aug 06, 2010

Can anyone please give me a reliable source to verify the correct way to type small-bowel follow-through?  Appreciate any help.     ...

Using Followup Versus Follow Up
May 19, 2011

Hello Ladies....where I work we are diving into the Book of Style.  I am having a hard time determining when to use followup (one word) versus follow up (2 words).  Can anyone post any examples of the correct usage and/or anything you use to help you know which way is correct?   Thanks ...

TTS - I Was Offered A Job But They Didn't Follow Up.
Aug 17, 2011

What is up with this company?    Maybe they lost accounts but at least they could have let me know so I'm not just waiting for training. ...

Umm... I Think MModal Did Not Follow The WARN Act.
Aug 17, 2013

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/layoffs.htm WARN protects workers, their families, and communities by requiring employers to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.  Advance notice gives workers and their families some transition time to adjust to the prospective loss of employment, to seek and obtain other jobs and, if necessary, to enter skill training or retraining that will allow these workers to compete successfully in the job mark ...