A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doc rattling his ice, slurping his straw. - Refill your drink for the love

Posted: Apr 21, 2013

of Pete! Sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp, rattle rattle, sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp

I wish they would use just basic phone manners. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You know? As in, would you do that if you were on the phone with your mom, your friend, etc.?? Doubtful. It's like they seriously don't realize that a human being has to listen to that crap. Thankfully, they're not all like that. I had a doctor recently whose pager went off and must have been sitting right next to his dictation device. He apologized and said, "I'm sorry about that. I hope that didn't hurt your ear." Actually, it did hurt my ear, but I appreciated the apology.

Well yes it did hurt my ears doc - they ring for a reason

[ In Reply To ..]
And learn to DISCONNECT from the dictation instead of letting me have to hear the dial tone..And stop eating and chewing and yawning. You wonder why I mess up your dictations? Oh yeah, and basic English would go a long way as well.

Similar Messages:

Lots Of Doctors Slurping On Christmas Candy
Dec 18, 2013

Have you noticed more doctors are chewing and slurping while dictating lately?  It just dawned on me today, probably some non-MT employees are treating the doctors to Christmas candy at their dictation stations.   I used to see that a lot when I worked in hospitals.  Ugh! ...

Short-straw Syndrome?
Jul 26, 2010

... ...

The Final Straw, The Only Reason I Have Stayed So Long
Apr 02, 2010

I just received a letter from Medquist saying they will no longer be offering Kaiser Insurance which I have had for years.  That means starting all over finding a doctor and having insurance that doesn't cover anything.  I was with Blue Cross before Kaiser and nothing was covered.  It's a scam. ...

5% Submission Straw That Broke The Camel's Back.
Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company tha ...

The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back-insurance Open Enrollment
Dec 08, 2013

Well - I am finally moving!  Started applying to non-MT jobs this week.    Have known it, have been saying it, but just could not bring myself to do it.  We just did open enrollement for 2014.  I now am paying $430 a month for my spouse and I to get contracted insurance rates - because that (and the wellness benefits) are ALL that it covers (not even pharmacy) until we pay $7500 together, then it covers a WHOPPING 75% till we pay $12,500 for our max out of pocket.& ...