A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Re: Oracle. How long after resume submission (sm) - searching

Posted: Jul 23, 2012

does it take to hear back from them?  I'm looking for flexibility, especially on weekends, and they seem to offer that. 

Oracle - Forever

[ In Reply To ..]
It takes forever .... Just my experience.

Oracle Transcription - psw

[ In Reply To ..]
I applied last night and got a phone call this morning.

psw

just curious as to what they may be looking for - wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
Without giving out too much personal information, could you tell us what they may be looking for where you were able to get a reply and others aren't? Are you looking for FT work and maybe others are looking for part-time? Have you already worked on their platform where others may not have? This isn't just directed at Oracle (although in this case it is). I'm just wondering if the services are now weeding through the resumes and tossing to the bottom anybody who: A) Doesn't have the EXACT experience in whatever work types they are looking for, B) Hasn't worked on their platform, C) Maybe has "too much" experience. D) Only wants PT when the service may want FT (although advertising for either FT or PT).
I'm curious about this as well - searching
[ In Reply To ..]
I have experience in multiple work types including those mentioned in the ad, and I have experience with several platforms, including Bayscribe. I sent my resume in on Friday evening and haven't heard back, so I can only assume I won't be hearing from them. I'm a little disappointed, because I felt like, even with their pay being on the lower end of the scale, this would have been a good fit for me flexibility-wise.
I applied on Friday evening also and...sm - also searching
[ In Reply To ..]
I also have experience with multiple specialties and platforms, etc. (including Bayscribe), and I'm waiting to hear back too. I think it might have something to do with the fact that there are just so many people looking for a job right now and they're probably swamped with resumes. I'm hopeful that's the case, anyway. I'll post back if I hear anything. Good luck to you! :)
Thank you! (sm) - searching
[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you are right. I'll post as well if I hear anything.
just curious - wondering
[ In Reply To ..]
I have over 30 years experience in multi-specialty clinic dictation. I have recently been an IC for a physical therapy account, which is one of the specialities they asked for. I have not worked on their platform, and stated that specifically when sending in my resume. I also thought too much experience would hinder me, but in this case I was wrong. I have also been an IC for the past 12 years, so part-time is all I want right now with the option of full-time later on. I hope this helps you out. Good luck! psw
The PT experience was probably your ace in the hole - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I hate PT/OT/rehab reports. The formatting is usually nuts and they definitely have their own language. In addition, the people who dictate them are usually pretty horrible. The only thing I like less are cardiology procedures.

Congrats to you and good luck.

Oracle Transcription - psw

[ In Reply To ..]
SM: I have seen your posts several times in the past few days. I applied to this company last night and received a phone call from them this morning. It sounds very flexible, which I really like. Yes, I am the one checking out other companies, since what I have seen on the message boards makes me cautious in which company I choose. Employers check us out, so I am checking them out. Good luck, psw. I am sorry if I caused you any grief.....

I don't believe they're hiring right now. - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
d

They have an ad on the Job Seekers page that would indicate otherwise. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I went to their website and it said there were no - positions available right now.

[ In Reply To ..]
Are they IC or employee? I'm not too satisfied at the place I'm at now.
The ad is still on Job seeker page and their website seems to indicate - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
they are hiring. At least they allow you to submit resume.

It sure looks like they are hiring to me and it appears it is IC.

Similar Messages:

How Long To Wait Before Calling After Sending Resume?
Aug 04, 2011

For the first time in 6 years, I am job hunting.   Sadly, things seem to be going downhill fast with the employer I have been with for just over 6 years now and I have a strong feeling that it's time for me to start exploring other options.   I just dusted off and updated my resume and sent it to a couple of companies who have ads posted.   It has been so long since I have had to apply for jobs.   My question is how long to you wait after sending your resume before follo ...

For Those Who Have Their Resume Posted On The Resume Bank
Sep 25, 2012

I received a couple of very suspicious emails from someone who sounded overseas.  Just a warning. ...

For Those Who Need A Resume Or A Resume Facelift
Sep 04, 2013

I'm looking to get out of my job in a bad way and my resume was less than pretty. I ran across this site and it was awesome.  It's free to update your resume but charges to print or email, copy, etc.  But for a cover letter and resume was only $2.95 but will auto-renew at $34 if you don't cancel within 2 weeks.  But I did the trial period and got an awesome resume and fantastic cover letter. It's easy to use and fun. Hope this helps a little bit.  http:// ...

Resume In Resume Bank
Sep 24, 2014

Has anybody been contacted for a position by posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

QA Submission
May 31, 2010

I forgot what our percentage is supposed to be on QA submission.  ...

QA Submission Max Lines
Mar 03, 2010

I am sooo tired of looking at that email they sent out about this.  I thought i read they will be sending us something for us how to figure out this submission lines crap.  my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds right now between work and this mess they are throwing at us.  thanks for any help.  ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

QA Submission Calculation??
Mar 10, 2010

What is the QA submission calculation??  I can't find the email.  Please help.  Thank you. ...

QA Submission First Time Right
Mar 12, 2010

Awww after teleconference with the bigwigs from the Q, telling us how smart and brilliant we are and they trust our ability to make good decisions, they still insist our QA rates will be low enough and we will not get dinged for QA submissions over the 5%, because we will find everything we need in the "reports they are allowing us to see".  Yeah right, and everything I touch is going to turn to gold.  Are they serious??  I just figure lots of blanks going to clients.  No one ...

QA Submission Dilemma
May 27, 2010

Report from a new dictator, not English-speaking of course, 84 lines, 10 QA markers.  Listened through the whole stupid thing twice to get it down to 10 markers, looked up old reports on the same patient, wasted a great deal of time trying to find anything helpful.  So finally sent to to QA.  Just checked to see if THEY were able to fill in any of the gobblety-goop.  Hasn't been done.  This will probably set me over the allowed 5% and for all that horrific work I di ...

QA Submission Doubt
Feb 09, 2012

i am new inductee in to MModal with 15-days expirence til now.. Can someone tel me what is that thing in DocQmanage in statstics that states in LC , which says " QA submission" "YES" and "NO"... what exactely is that.. does that affect the final paycheck.. If it shows " NO" then do i get paid more for that file? or vice-versa?          ...

QA Submission Policy.... Again
Apr 18, 2012

Hello, can't find it in MMCentral, can't locate the orig email (somewhere in my PCs cyberspace) but thought it was 5% per pay period.  Can someone please point me to the HR policy that dictates this?  TIA   ...

QA Submission Rate
Jul 04, 2014

Anyone know the percentage we should be under? I can't remember. Thanks. ...

QA 10% Submission Rate
Dec 31, 2014

E-mail from boss stating we needed to get this down as a team.  How about putting us back on our primaries?  With having to do multiple accounts, it is hard to remember all the "facts" each account commands.   When working  OT, I never got any familiar accounts.  Go figure.   Wouldn't it have  been wiser to let me work on accounts that I knew and was faster on?  I know, this is unrealistic thinking/reasoning. If the doctors/NPs dictated bet ...

Question On 5% And 10% Submission Rate
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, if I am reading the e-mail from corporate correctly, that means that if a MT produces 5,000 lines a week, then the QA submission rate should be no more than 10% of lines which would be 500 QA markers or at 5% that would be no more than 250 QA markers.  Is that correct, or am I reading it incorrectly?  Or is my math incorrect?  ...

Well, Just Got The Dreaded QA Submission For 2/28/10 Period...sm
Mar 31, 2010

Well, 18 year employee here. (PT for 10 years)  came from TL which was GREAT company and then MQ bought out.   I have very chronic illnesses that I absolutely cannot go and get an outside the home job.   I, as stated, don't have a real problem with FTR, because frankly all of us MT/MEs who have done this job for any length of time should be doing our work correctly anyway.  This is something I have always prided myself on, and yes it reflected my production rat ...

Follow-up On QA Submission Yesterday
Oct 27, 2010

On the 3 horrible reports that I had to submit to QA yesterday because of the 3-blank rule, thus losing 3 cpl probably, QA had no more luck filling in the blanks than I and sent them through with 5-10 blanks.  That makes me so mad -- not at QA, just in general that I get penalized financially when it was the DOCTOR'S FAULT AND THE PICKY FACILITY'S "RULE."  ...

First Time Right - CPL Being Decreased If The QA Submission Rate Is Too High
Mar 07, 2010

I've had time to think about this whole First Time Right plan.   I've seen a lot in my 32 yrs in the business and in my humble opinion, I think it will be okay except for the part about CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high.  There must be an alternative other than taking away hard earned pay.  Anyone else agree? ...

5% Submission Straw That Broke The Camel's Back.
Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company tha ...

QA Submission - Apparently Client Rule Reports
Jan 17, 2011

that are sent to QA, the ones you are forced to send due to the client wanting all reports QA's, a certain dictator, etc....I was just reading in the "Rewards" Plan that these reports are NOT counted towards our QA submission . I have read posts here where MTs were frustrated because they thought they WERE.  Please read (I think page 10 but not sure) where it says they are NOT.  If you feel yours are counting against you, copy and paste the paragraph and send it to your CCM.  ...

How To Resume?
Sep 07, 2010

Haven't written a resume in years. How do you write one if you have been at the same place for 11 years?  Isn't that as far back as they are looking for?  Appreciate tips. ...

Help With Resume
Mar 31, 2011

I am trying to get back out there but I need help with my resume which I absolutely hate doing.  Could someone please email me some suggestions.  I would like to try and get back into an office setting doing anything!  ...

I Am In Need Of Help With My Resume
Jun 29, 2011

Dear Fellow Transcriptionists: I am in need of a career counsler who specializes in resumes. I live in Chevy Chase, Maryland, which is outside of Washington, D.C. and I need someone to help me with my current resume so that it is current. I know that there must be a company who can help me who does not live in the D.C. area who can help me telecommuting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you. Fondly, Suzie ...

OK ... I Did It, Just Sent My Resume
Mar 11, 2014

I read every line to all of the posts here for the last 24 hours, slept on the decision and thought a lot about it this morning.  Even in putting my resume together my hands were shaking ... not sure if it's the right decision or not.  But I'm trusting, trusting, trusting.  I feel like I've weighed every option and taken every scenario under consideration and my final decision is, I HAVE to make a move.  The days of transcription with this company are extremel ...

Just Sent Resume To
Mar 28, 2014

ad on mtdy, first ad on page (QMedET Solutions). does anyone have any info on them or are currently working for them? any info would be appreciated. tnx. ...

Anyone Know What's Up With Oracle/OTI?
Jan 31, 2010

I haven't had much work for months.  Since last summer actually.  Can never make minimum.  I have another part-time job so I'll survive, and I do like that company on a whole, but there has been NO WORK.  They keep promising new accounts that never happen.  Is it just me?  Are there some Oracle workers that are happy and have enough work? I know sometimes it is famine time as an MT, but this is ridiculous. I wonder if they lost some big accounts or somethi ...

Where Is Oracle? 
Aug 12, 2010

Where is Oracle?  I miss her intelligent answers.     ...

Oracle Pay Cut
Nov 10, 2010

Just wondering - how many at Oracle got a pay cut 10/01?  Not trying to start problems - just disappointed in them and wondering.  ...

Does Anyone Know If OTI/Oracle Has Given Up On Their ASR?
May 03, 2011

Just noticing that I am getting some regular transcription that used to be ASR. ...

Oracle?
May 22, 2011

I've applied to Oracle....any thoughts?  Are they heavy ESL?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks!   ...