A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

slowly going broke - sm

Posted: Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.  

I keep hoping my work pool will get better and have been told new accounts are coming but until that happens, I really need some additional income.  I've tried to getting switched over to another area without any luck.  I keep seeing my lines lessening each month.  I don't understand why MQ has some areas with too many MTs for the workload and others with too few.  I just don't see any logic in it.    

Anyway, I'm about ready to try to get a non-MT part-time and see how that goes.  I've heard about Avon and that it can be done from home on-line now.  I'm wondering if that would supplement my income any better.  The only problem I have is I hate going door-to-door, but if that's no longer necessary, it just might work out.  Does anybody have any experience in it?  I know it's not MT or MQ but I'm at my wits end!

almost in same boat - MTerminator

[ In Reply To ..]
except that MQ locked me in 3 years ago at a low low rate and I have had the opportunity to go up since. I am trying to find a PT job and have applied for a bunch, but then by email they all told me that they need FT. I never got to the interview part! You need to find out how many Reps are in your area and you can do that by going to Avon.com and finding a rep. It will list all the reps in your area and then you can see if it would be worth it or not. You have to go through a rep to begin to sell.

Similar Messages:

BROKE MT
Dec 10, 2009

I am so broke being an MT I have no gas to heat my house.  The only room I keep heated is my office and the bathroom with electric heaters.   On my bed I have an electric mattress pad that keeps me really warm.  On my days off, I fire up the fireplace if I can get out to get the wood from the barn.  It could be worse. I could be on the street and cold!  ...

I'm So Broke...
Sep 18, 2010

I will probably make 21k this year, and that is depressing me!  This is my first full year doing just VR.  I made 32k 2 years ago and I was happy with that.  I don't need to make tons of money, just need to pay my bills.  I now qualify for Medicaid because I make so little.  I just can't seem to get a lot of lines doing VR and I have tried everything.  I feel that if I go too fast I will make a lot of errors.  I really feel like a failure now and ...

Boyfriend And I Broke Up Because Of This Job.
Dec 31, 2012

Am I the only one whose boyfriend/husband cannot stand us working in the house? You're chained to the computer, you want to work regular hours like everyone else in America and you cannot get away. The constant SOS's, or you have to work evenings and weekends and you don't have time for your mate. We fought all the time and now he's gone. Don't say then he wasnt worth it. But he was right about everything. they shouldn't make you work more than 8 hours a day. ...

Broke, Depressed, And Can't Find A Job
Jun 24, 2010

I guess I'm just venting, but suggestions are welcome. The title says it all in a nutshell, but let me explain. I don't have any money. I am relying on someone else to buy food for me every week. I don't have a job and can't find one. I would give up MT and start applying outside the house, but I can't because I am depressed and have severe social anxiety disorder, so that won't work. If I am getting more depressed by the minute. If I even could get a part-time job, ...

*RED ALERT* Doctors Are GOING BROKE!
Jan 05, 2012

Citing industry experts, we TOLD YOU this was coming.  But you kept INSISTING that it wasn't true as you continued drinking the Obama Kool-Aid. Read it.  WEEP.  Weep because these are the PEOPLE WE WORK FOR.  With doctors going BROKE and closing their doors, this means FEWER OPPORTUNITIES for MTs. This isn't Fox News, either -- it's CNN's Money Report.  And if you believe (as claimed by one quoted in this article) that -- SUDDENLY -- physician ...

I Am Literally Going BROKE Working For This Company
Dec 05, 2011

My region has just brought on a few new accounts which would be considered a good thing for most but here is my problem.  I'm an MME so these new accounts are all 100% QA which means I've only made $0.03 cpl for days now.  To make it a thousand times worse, it seems as if every doctor on one of our new accounts has a different set of samples and formatting to follow so when I'm not earning $0.03 cpl QA'ing other people's work I've got at least a dozen samples open ...

Tired Of 7 Days A Week And STILL Broke
Oct 20, 2012

I am SO tired of 7 days a week at the computer, scrapping for work.  Actual rate of pay figures out to about $10.50 per hour.  I used to be able to do 200 lph no sweat.  All these crazy platforms and HUGE increase in nasty E4L (Enlish as as 4TH language ) dictators.  I want a 5-day a week, 8-hour a day job.  I want my LIFE back.  I never used to have to work 80-hour weeks to make $40,000-plus a year.. now barely make $25,000 a year, and I am NOT a slacker.  I ...

5% Submission Straw That Broke The Camel's Back.
Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company tha ...

The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back-insurance Open Enrollment
Dec 08, 2013

Well - I am finally moving!  Started applying to non-MT jobs this week.    Have known it, have been saying it, but just could not bring myself to do it.  We just did open enrollement for 2014.  I now am paying $430 a month for my spouse and I to get contracted insurance rates - because that (and the wellness benefits) are ALL that it covers (not even pharmacy) until we pay $7500 together, then it covers a WHOPPING 75% till we pay $12,500 for our max out of pocket.& ...

Anyone Else With DQS Loading Slowly Right Now
Mar 21, 2011

nm ...

Slowly, Might Be Transitioning Out Of MT....
Jun 20, 2014

I haven't posted much but am still employed as an MT at a place I actually llike, and even though my check only helps pay the bills, even that hasn't been enough lately.  So, starting in September, I got a job at my son's school district's cafeteria service.  It's only minimum, but I at least know, that minimum is what I will make and will have summer off as well as any days the district is off, plus will be elibigle for a raise (which I haven't seen ever) ...

Lines Showing Up Very Slowly In DQM. What Is Going On.
Dec 14, 2009

The reports are just taking about an hour to roll around in DQM.  ...

Is It Them Or Me? Uploading Reports Very Slowly
Jul 06, 2014

x ...

Page Loading Very Slowly
Aug 18, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting the page to load? It comes up with an ad and takes forever to load the postings. ...

Do Some Of Your Reports Seem To Load Slowly Every Now And Then. It
Mar 20, 2015

seems to have been doing this lately.  They do load but sometimes they seem to hang up. ...

Fluency Loading Very Slowly - Anyone Else?
May 18, 2015

x ...

Anybody Else's DQS Loading Jobs Really Slowly Since The Upgrade?
Feb 08, 2010

Mine has been loading really slow since the upgrade.  can't be my computer or router  because everything is loading quickly and working fine as usual.  This stated right after the upgrade finished.  Anybody else noticing this? ...

To Those Having DQS Issues With Jobs Downloading Slowly Sm
Feb 18, 2010

Have you been able to identify any kind of a pattern such as long jobs versus short, times of the day, etc.? ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With The Audio Loading Very Slowly?
Apr 29, 2012

. ...

Shorthand Loads New Word Slowly
Dec 19, 2012

After loading new word in Shorthand, it is now extremely slow returning to first page as it loads. Takes almost a minute, then the bar showing it is loading shows up. Any ideas of what I could do to fix this? Thanks! ...

Anyone Else Having Problems With Jobs Loading Very, Very Slowly?
Apr 07, 2014

?? ...

Anybody Else Notice Jobs Loading Very Slowly?
Aug 24, 2014

x ...

Are Reports Starting To Download Very Slowly For Anyone Else?
Nov 17, 2014

x ...

If I Learned As Slowly As The Dolbey Fusion SR System (as In Not At All) Sm
Jun 12, 2014

the company would fire me. Instead, I can sit here and almost retype the whole report while seething and earning a whopping 4 cpl. But I feel oh so much better now that I read the "rah, rah, rah" note about Speech. ...

Where Is The "I Am So Broke" Post? Seems The Board Is Trying
Sep 19, 2010

Hmmmm ...

Continuing To Heal From A Chronic, Slowly Healing Wound In The Right "peery Ancurrent" Che
Jul 01, 2010

He has been continuing to heal from a chronic, slowly healing wound in the right "peery ancurrent" chest, which was thought to be tracheocutaneous fistula.  He has been having close follow-up at the VA ENT Clinic.  He continues to have a tracheostomy in place and has failed multiple capping trials. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...