A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA submission doubt - new inductee in MModal

Posted: Feb 09, 2012

i am new inductee in to MModal with 15-days expirence til now..

Can someone tel me what is that thing in DocQmanage in statstics that states in LC , which says " QA submission" "YES" and "NO"... what exactely is that.. does that affect the final paycheck..

If it shows " NO" then do i get paid more for that file? or vice-versa? 

answers for you - MModal slave

[ In Reply To ..]
You are allowed to send up to 5% of your work to QA. Anything over that, you will be reduced 3 cpl for each report that goes to QA.

If you submit 25% of your work to QA, 20% of that would be at 3 cpl less, so if you are doing ASR at 4 cpl, you will be paid 1 cpl for that 20% of your work.

You do not get paid more if you do not use QA. You get paid what you were told, typically 4 cpl for ASR and 8 for transcription.

You are allowed to send work through to the client with a blank, however, if it comes back on an audit that you are sending work through that the QA staff could have easily filled in, you will be written up and potentially fired or put on 100% QA and then all your work will be at 3 cpl less.

This is how the MModal (formerly known as MQ) operates. Everything is a double edged sword and they will stab you over and over.

Let me understand this - Not a MQer

[ In Reply To ..]
We all know dictations have cut-offs, burps, noise-overs, etc. Do you mean to tell me if these things are sent to QA, which ARE NO FAULT OF THE MT, then you get docked?

If this is true, MQ, you are a POS that I would never consider as a potential employer. I also would strongly advise against another MT accepting a position there.

yes.. that is true - MModal slave

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, bad audio, loud background noise, wrong work type, inaudible patient name, unable to find cc name, anything....

Like I said, we can send these through to the client without them going to QA and just leaving a note to the client, BUT, if the client sees excessive blanks, they will do their own audits and then the QA staff at MModal will listen and if you are sending stuff through that could have been figured out, your on the chopping block.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
oh yea... and I forgot to add - MModal slave
[ In Reply To ..]
Even if you send something to QA and they are not able to fill it in, it still counts against you.

All the above that Mmodal slave says is true! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
OMG I will never complain about my company again!!! - Say what?
[ In Reply To ..]
This is outrageous! You people really need to find a better company. I know that is so much easier said that done. How can you stand it? There must be a large turnover with them. You have my complete sympathy if you can not find another job. I just can't imagine working 3 cpl for VR or for typing! Sorta makes any complaint I might have seem trivial!!
MQ PAY DROPS TO 1 CPL - MQ is toxic to MTs
[ In Reply To ..]
Dear OMG, the replier to the OP said it could drop to 1 cpl. Anyone who works for them has my deepest sympathy (except for those working offshore). There are better places out there.

Similar Messages:

Doubt
Mar 24, 2011

Alcohol dependence, continuous in withdrawal or Alcohol dependence, continuous and withdrawal??? TIA ...

If There Was Any Doubt
May 12, 2014

Mmodal just put a full-page ad in the AHIMA magazine seeking coders for employment.  Get your ducks in a row, folks.  ...

E-Scription Doubt
Apr 15, 2014

Hi,   I noticed that some ES users download 5-25 jobs in the user ID even when QUEUE CACHE is set to '1'. That is when they are only allowed to download 1 job at a time. This is a flaw in the software and frustates other MTs who dont do any frauds like this.  Can anybody tell me how they download more jobs at a time?  I just want to stop this practice. thanks Jones ...

How Can You Doubt VR Quality?
Jun 09, 2014

When half pint of moonshine comes up as house painter from China? :D ...

Just In Case There Was Any Doubt
Dec 21, 2014

Spoke to someone last night that had a friend fired for Christmas. Not a transcriptionist, but a medical biller in Florida..Their work was outsourced to Pakistan..And to add insult to injury her company actually tried to tell her she had to stay and train her replacement..This is the future of anything medical, and probably anything that can be done from a remote location.. ...

If I Ever Had Any Doubt About Going Back To School
Nov 12, 2013

I have been helping my husband finish up his degree online for the last year or so and told him when he is done next month I am going back and finishing up my degree. I know everyone says have a plan, or be prepared but since my husband makes more money and actually has potential for a promotion his schooling was top priority and I have been just praying that my job lasted long enough to get him through. So yesterday I got all my transcripts together, filled out the application and set up ...

LOL. Doubt Anyone Will Be Signing Up With Trans. Doctors
Mar 15, 2010

now that we all know they don't pay until they get paid.  Someone there must not have read the company board before they made their job posting for today. I might need a job, but I don't work for free for anyone.  Desperate times?  You bet.  Even worse is to be so desperate as to work for a company that has not paid even after 6 weeks have gone by with no guarantees that you will be paid in another 6 weeks. ******* DISCLAIMER ***************** Postings of thi ...

QA Submission
May 31, 2010

I forgot what our percentage is supposed to be on QA submission.  ...

QA Submission Max Lines
Mar 03, 2010

I am sooo tired of looking at that email they sent out about this.  I thought i read they will be sending us something for us how to figure out this submission lines crap.  my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds right now between work and this mess they are throwing at us.  thanks for any help.  ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

QA Submission Calculation??
Mar 10, 2010

What is the QA submission calculation??  I can't find the email.  Please help.  Thank you. ...

QA Submission First Time Right
Mar 12, 2010

Awww after teleconference with the bigwigs from the Q, telling us how smart and brilliant we are and they trust our ability to make good decisions, they still insist our QA rates will be low enough and we will not get dinged for QA submissions over the 5%, because we will find everything we need in the "reports they are allowing us to see".  Yeah right, and everything I touch is going to turn to gold.  Are they serious??  I just figure lots of blanks going to clients.  No one ...

QA Submission Dilemma
May 27, 2010

Report from a new dictator, not English-speaking of course, 84 lines, 10 QA markers.  Listened through the whole stupid thing twice to get it down to 10 markers, looked up old reports on the same patient, wasted a great deal of time trying to find anything helpful.  So finally sent to to QA.  Just checked to see if THEY were able to fill in any of the gobblety-goop.  Hasn't been done.  This will probably set me over the allowed 5% and for all that horrific work I di ...

QA Submission Policy.... Again
Apr 18, 2012

Hello, can't find it in MMCentral, can't locate the orig email (somewhere in my PCs cyberspace) but thought it was 5% per pay period.  Can someone please point me to the HR policy that dictates this?  TIA   ...

QA Submission Rate
Jul 04, 2014

Anyone know the percentage we should be under? I can't remember. Thanks. ...

QA 10% Submission Rate
Dec 31, 2014

E-mail from boss stating we needed to get this down as a team.  How about putting us back on our primaries?  With having to do multiple accounts, it is hard to remember all the "facts" each account commands.   When working  OT, I never got any familiar accounts.  Go figure.   Wouldn't it have  been wiser to let me work on accounts that I knew and was faster on?  I know, this is unrealistic thinking/reasoning. If the doctors/NPs dictated bet ...

Question On 5% And 10% Submission Rate
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, if I am reading the e-mail from corporate correctly, that means that if a MT produces 5,000 lines a week, then the QA submission rate should be no more than 10% of lines which would be 500 QA markers or at 5% that would be no more than 250 QA markers.  Is that correct, or am I reading it incorrectly?  Or is my math incorrect?  ...

Well, Just Got The Dreaded QA Submission For 2/28/10 Period...sm
Mar 31, 2010

Well, 18 year employee here. (PT for 10 years)  came from TL which was GREAT company and then MQ bought out.   I have very chronic illnesses that I absolutely cannot go and get an outside the home job.   I, as stated, don't have a real problem with FTR, because frankly all of us MT/MEs who have done this job for any length of time should be doing our work correctly anyway.  This is something I have always prided myself on, and yes it reflected my production rat ...

Follow-up On QA Submission Yesterday
Oct 27, 2010

On the 3 horrible reports that I had to submit to QA yesterday because of the 3-blank rule, thus losing 3 cpl probably, QA had no more luck filling in the blanks than I and sent them through with 5-10 blanks.  That makes me so mad -- not at QA, just in general that I get penalized financially when it was the DOCTOR'S FAULT AND THE PICKY FACILITY'S "RULE."  ...

Re: Oracle. How Long After Resume Submission (sm)
Jul 23, 2012

does it take to hear back from them?  I'm looking for flexibility, especially on weekends, and they seem to offer that.  ...

First Time Right - CPL Being Decreased If The QA Submission Rate Is Too High
Mar 07, 2010

I've had time to think about this whole First Time Right plan.   I've seen a lot in my 32 yrs in the business and in my humble opinion, I think it will be okay except for the part about CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high.  There must be an alternative other than taking away hard earned pay.  Anyone else agree? ...

5% Submission Straw That Broke The Camel's Back.
Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company tha ...

QA Submission - Apparently Client Rule Reports
Jan 17, 2011

that are sent to QA, the ones you are forced to send due to the client wanting all reports QA's, a certain dictator, etc....I was just reading in the "Rewards" Plan that these reports are NOT counted towards our QA submission . I have read posts here where MTs were frustrated because they thought they WERE.  Please read (I think page 10 but not sure) where it says they are NOT.  If you feel yours are counting against you, copy and paste the paragraph and send it to your CCM.  ...