A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tired of 7 days a week and STILL broke - need to change

Posted: Oct 20, 2012

I am SO tired of 7 days a week at the computer, scrapping for work.  Actual rate of pay figures out to about $10.50 per hour.  I used to be able to do 200 lph no sweat.  All these crazy platforms and HUGE increase in nasty E4L (Enlish as as 4TH language Yell) dictators. 

I want a 5-day a week, 8-hour a day job.  I want my LIFE back.  I never used to have to work 80-hour weeks to make $40,000-plus a year.. now barely make $25,000 a year, and I am NOT a slacker. 

I applied for a job as a Medical Technologist (my career in my previous life) and SHOULD have an interview on Monday.  I SOOOO badly want this job. 

I hear ya - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I work full time M-F 40 hours and M,W,F,Sat& Sun part time - I don't have one full day off a week. I have taken a 7% paycut at my full time job and this speech rocognition has dropped my part time job down by 50%. I'm exhausted and I'm not getting anywhere financially.

WANT OUT TOO - rierie

[ In Reply To ..]
I PRAY that you get your job and are able to get out. Previously I made about 75K at year for about 50 hours a week. Now am at poverty level. GOD HELP ME!

I am too. 20 years in this business and I would make more - working at a fast-food joint.

[ In Reply To ..]
I was one of those $50,000 a year MTs. Now, I make minimum wage. But I went back to school and hopefully I can apply for an RN program in May. I need to get through physiology first.

Thank you for well wishes and good luck to you all too !! - need to change

[ In Reply To ..]
I have thought of going back to school, briefly. Been there done that just out of high school for 5 years. Now 33 years later ... I think the time and money I would spend to become an RN or other such job would not be a sound financial choice. Going hugely in debt, 2-4 years of school... retirement a few years after that... it wouldn't pay off :-(

Similar Messages:

Transcription Week Days Only
Feb 25, 2013

I'm looking for some transcription company that only make you work week days or nites, closed on weekends.  I know there are some out there, would you email me me who some of them are please? ...

MT Week - Remember The Good Ol' Days?
May 25, 2013

I remember looking forward to MT Week with my old favorite employers YOG and Encompass.  I'd go to the mailbox and actually get little gifts from them. Imagine that! With YOG I actually got more than one!  I still have that letter opener that is the bomb! No sarcasm. I really liked that. Little things mean a lot. Much better than a lecture from the rich powers that be, or an "opportunity" to maybe, just maybe, win a prize after gushing about how great your job has b ...

Two-week Notice 2 Days Ago And Already No Email Access
Dec 09, 2014

Supervisor asked me if there was anything she could do to get me to stay. One of my complaints was the lack of communication. That was yesterday afternoon. This morning my email was disabled.....My last day isn't suppose to be until the 18th! ...

I'm Tired Of Being "graded" Every Week. As Long As I'm Producing Good Line Count
Oct 11, 2012

No message. ...

Tired Of Stress, Tired Of Crying, I HATE MY JOB!!!!!!! Nm
May 19, 2010

nm ...

BROKE MT
Dec 10, 2009

I am so broke being an MT I have no gas to heat my house.  The only room I keep heated is my office and the bathroom with electric heaters.   On my bed I have an electric mattress pad that keeps me really warm.  On my days off, I fire up the fireplace if I can get out to get the wood from the barn.  It could be worse. I could be on the street and cold!  ...

I'm So Broke...
Sep 18, 2010

I will probably make 21k this year, and that is depressing me!  This is my first full year doing just VR.  I made 32k 2 years ago and I was happy with that.  I don't need to make tons of money, just need to pay my bills.  I now qualify for Medicaid because I make so little.  I just can't seem to get a lot of lines doing VR and I have tried everything.  I feel that if I go too fast I will make a lot of errors.  I really feel like a failure now and ...

Slowly Going Broke
Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.   I keep hoping my work pool will get better and have been told new accounts are coming but until that happens, I really need some additional income.  I've tried to getting switched over to another area without any luck.  I keep seeing my l ...

Boyfriend And I Broke Up Because Of This Job.
Dec 31, 2012

Am I the only one whose boyfriend/husband cannot stand us working in the house? You're chained to the computer, you want to work regular hours like everyone else in America and you cannot get away. The constant SOS's, or you have to work evenings and weekends and you don't have time for your mate. We fought all the time and now he's gone. Don't say then he wasnt worth it. But he was right about everything. they shouldn't make you work more than 8 hours a day. ...

Broke, Depressed, And Can't Find A Job
Jun 24, 2010

I guess I'm just venting, but suggestions are welcome. The title says it all in a nutshell, but let me explain. I don't have any money. I am relying on someone else to buy food for me every week. I don't have a job and can't find one. I would give up MT and start applying outside the house, but I can't because I am depressed and have severe social anxiety disorder, so that won't work. If I am getting more depressed by the minute. If I even could get a part-time job, ...

*RED ALERT* Doctors Are GOING BROKE!
Jan 05, 2012

Citing industry experts, we TOLD YOU this was coming.  But you kept INSISTING that it wasn't true as you continued drinking the Obama Kool-Aid. Read it.  WEEP.  Weep because these are the PEOPLE WE WORK FOR.  With doctors going BROKE and closing their doors, this means FEWER OPPORTUNITIES for MTs. This isn't Fox News, either -- it's CNN's Money Report.  And if you believe (as claimed by one quoted in this article) that -- SUDDENLY -- physician ...

I Am Literally Going BROKE Working For This Company
Dec 05, 2011

My region has just brought on a few new accounts which would be considered a good thing for most but here is my problem.  I'm an MME so these new accounts are all 100% QA which means I've only made $0.03 cpl for days now.  To make it a thousand times worse, it seems as if every doctor on one of our new accounts has a different set of samples and formatting to follow so when I'm not earning $0.03 cpl QA'ing other people's work I've got at least a dozen samples open ...

5% Submission Straw That Broke The Camel's Back.
Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company tha ...

The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back-insurance Open Enrollment
Dec 08, 2013

Well - I am finally moving!  Started applying to non-MT jobs this week.    Have known it, have been saying it, but just could not bring myself to do it.  We just did open enrollement for 2014.  I now am paying $430 a month for my spouse and I to get contracted insurance rates - because that (and the wellness benefits) are ALL that it covers (not even pharmacy) until we pay $7500 together, then it covers a WHOPPING 75% till we pay $12,500 for our max out of pocket.& ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Where Is The "I Am So Broke" Post? Seems The Board Is Trying
Sep 19, 2010

Hmmmm ...

So Tired
Dec 09, 2009

I have sent tons of resumes, NOT ONE reply, NOT ONE call...I have 14 years of experience and I need a job ASAP.  Used to be easy to find a job in this field.  I am so tired and disheartened by these companies who place ads, but do not take the time to even respond via auto reply or ANYTHING.... ...

Same Tired Old Job Ads
Jul 14, 2010

I wonder if we'll ever again see a job posting that looks attractive and isn't posted by one of the big mouthed bass that has taken over the industry. ...

Another One....i'm Tired
Nov 16, 2010

If it appeared degenerative or (sounds like synovenectin) she would like a mini open ...

NJA : I'm So *%^&* Tired Of Having To Sit In This
Mar 14, 2011

Cleaning up elephant-poo would be more exciting and rewarding than this. Likely far more lucrative, too. ...

Too Tired To Think
Aug 24, 2011

Pt has a thumb laceration with nerve repair.  Doc dictates:  His Tinel's sign is past the DIP now. I've never heard mention about the Tinel's sign being past the DIP.  Is this correct?  THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!! ...

Tired Of It Yet?
Oct 07, 2011

Almost everything I read on this board expresses a common thread of disgust with the Q.  If you really hate that the work is going to India, if you really hate that MedQuist is a greedy heartless monster, and if you really despise what is happening to our medical records because of this company, why keep helping it out by staying and helping them make more money by paying slave wages?  I see these words and phrases:  unethical, greedy, corrupt, lower and lower wages, wor ...

Are We Tired Enough Of ISR?
Jun 26, 2012

Are you as tired as I am of making dumb little corrections in the ISR system? This morning, I am spending all my time âuncapitalizingâ regular words in the middle of sentences. Where does it come up with the underline in the middle of laboratory values (1._4). It adds a colon after dates and this morning the abbreviation, MD, is after some of the headings. There are no paragraphs. I delete numbers in a list because they are never right and it is easier than going back and changing the ...

So Very, Very Tired Of This
Apr 08, 2013

I do not like working this late.  But, this is generally when the work is available and I understand that it is my best chance of getting work.  Not very many people on my account on a Monday night.  I see 23 reports, op notes, that are easy lines, require an insert, and right when I am about to begin to be able to download them, all of them are gone.  This happens all the freakin time.  Somebody had to pull and assign them for them to disappear in a chunk like that.&nbs ...

I'm So Tired Of Seeing Ads Looking For Help -
Apr 14, 2014

at the following places - TTS, SoftScript, Nuance, FutureNet, StenTel, Keystrokes, TransTech...and so forth and so on.  These companies need to sit back and ask themselves - hmmmmm why can't we keep MTs employed, why doesn't anyone want to work for us, why do we always have ads posted on the job boards....... ...

Tired Of This
Aug 16, 2014

I've been feeling the desire to hang up transcription for good..tired of the nitpicking..the no raise in pay..the feeling of being anonymous..etc...put application in at the hospital.  Yes, I have loved being at home for a really long time now but getting to where I just hate this. Is there life after transcription?  Suggestions appreciated! ...