A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA submission dilemma - sick and tired

Posted: May 27, 2010

Report from a new dictator, not English-speaking of course, 84 lines, 10 QA markers.  Listened through the whole stupid thing twice to get it down to 10 markers, looked up old reports on the same patient, wasted a great deal of time trying to find anything helpful.  So finally sent to to QA.  Just checked to see if THEY were able to fill in any of the gobblety-goop.  Hasn't been done.  This will probably set me over the allowed 5% and for all that horrific work I did, I will get punished, but I was afraid to send a report through with 10 blanks for fear of getting punished also.  Figured less money was better than a ding on my record. 

No way to win. 

Not supposed to get dinged if.... - evolved

[ In Reply To ..]
...QA can't figure it out either!

Challenge it! - evolved

[ In Reply To ..]
;)

I was told it didn't matter if QA couldn't figure it out. - MT39

[ In Reply To ..]
Still get dinged. So confusing how we all get different answers.

Yes it does still count even if QA can't figure it out. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't matter - it ALWAYS counts.

Oh, I forgot that we're talking about MQ! - evolved

[ In Reply To ..]
Gotta go Evolv! You really should, too!

MQ should be ashamed of themselves! I really - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
did not think they could stoop any lower. I really don't come on here too often but when I do, oh boy! This really does not sound legal to me. If I still worked for MQ, I think I would have to PAY THEM each pay period.

Shortcake - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of what MQ does is probably not legal. But they are so big (and such bullies), who is going to stop them?

I know many MTs feel "stuck" as I did for such a long time there, - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
but there are other places to work who do not abuse their employees. We are all professional adults here, why take what MQ is dishing out? They will continue to do it and it will never get better. I was so miserable the last couple of years there and did not realize just how much until I left. I wish all MQ MTs would just say-- I'm not going to take it anymore-- and leave them scrambling for help, but I know how hard (and scary) it is to change jobs. It's just a shame that they are treating human beings who are trying to do a good job like this.
If everyone were to make themselves heard, the - government might just stop them.
[ In Reply To ..]
And stop them BUT GOOD, too! ;P

QA update - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Well QA attempted to fill something in in 3 spots. Not sure if it was even correct. It didn't really help the report any. If the facility would accept 7 blanks, they would have probably accepted 10 and I could have made regular pay for it. Live and learn.

Basically you have to pay to have your work QA'd, so MTs are now paying QA? - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Dilemma
Aug 02, 2010

After my worst day ever Friday and making next to nothing for the day, I had contemplated all weekend giving my notice this morning.  I have crunched numbers, talked with the husband and child, cried, and prayed.   My first two jobs this morning were for a dictator I could not even understand his name, doing cardio, in letter form to God-knows-who.  I (think) I sent the first one to QA.  The second one I am pretty sure I put all the troubles in the QA marker and then for ...

Serious Dilemma
Sep 16, 2014

Has anyone run across a suicide planning document?  Wondering how I can NOT be a participant in that... thx for any response. ...

Company Dilemma
Jan 04, 2011

I have 28 years experience as an MT. I recently left Spheris after MQ bought them out. I got a job doing clinic work, fantastic hours, decent benefits, and the people are totally wonderful. However, as some of you know, clinic work is hard to make a dollar with. I have seen the ads for Med-Scribe from Florida and I am wondering if I should apply. I really have to make more money than I'm making now. ...

My Dilemma W/ This Board
Feb 19, 2012

I've done this job for 12-plus yrs now, and I definitely agree w/ those who say we should have the grammar, spelling, research skills, etc., before we're even hired.  That said, occasionally I have a brain freeze when I have a PA or some such who can't pronounce a drug and refuses to give me a hint how to spell it.  I still refuse to tear someone down on here who has the stones to ask a question.  If the terminology is beginner-type stuff and it makes me suspect it ...

Let's Code A Colonoscopy Dilemma!
Apr 22, 2010

Op report reason:  Screening and Diarrhea.  Colonoscopy done, polyp found and removed.  The reason for the colonoscopy is both Screening and Diarrhea.  In fact, doc documents prime reason for colonoscopy is screening and second reason diarrhea.  What is the diagnosis code for this?  If a coder has to code by the documentation and the doctor's final answer is that it is for both a screening and for diarrhea, what is a coder to do?&n ...

LINE RATE DILEMMA
Sep 13, 2012

My last couple of companies have been devoured by the squid so i'm again exploring other options. Better to take an offer of 9 cents per line for ESL/difficult dictators or 6 cents per line for easy work? Both call themselves IC, though really they aren't (want a schedule).   ...

Keystrokes Or Acusis, My Dilemma Continues.....
Sep 18, 2013

PT/Acusis or FT/Keystrokes/ Radiology/3rd shift@ $1 a report.  After being fired from what I thought would be a great job for me (Amphion), I'm gun shy. ...

Sharing Patient Records Is Still A Digital Dilemma For Doctors
Mar 06, 2015

link below ...

QA Submission
May 31, 2010

I forgot what our percentage is supposed to be on QA submission.  ...

QA Submission Max Lines
Mar 03, 2010

I am sooo tired of looking at that email they sent out about this.  I thought i read they will be sending us something for us how to figure out this submission lines crap.  my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds right now between work and this mess they are throwing at us.  thanks for any help.  ...

New QA Submission Policy
Mar 03, 2010

How do we send a report directly to the hospital with a blank, doesnt it automatically go to QA/MME when we put a blank in a report? ...

QA Submission Calculation??
Mar 10, 2010

What is the QA submission calculation??  I can't find the email.  Please help.  Thank you. ...

QA Submission First Time Right
Mar 12, 2010

Awww after teleconference with the bigwigs from the Q, telling us how smart and brilliant we are and they trust our ability to make good decisions, they still insist our QA rates will be low enough and we will not get dinged for QA submissions over the 5%, because we will find everything we need in the "reports they are allowing us to see".  Yeah right, and everything I touch is going to turn to gold.  Are they serious??  I just figure lots of blanks going to clients.  No one ...

QA Submission Doubt
Feb 09, 2012

i am new inductee in to MModal with 15-days expirence til now.. Can someone tel me what is that thing in DocQmanage in statstics that states in LC , which says " QA submission" "YES" and "NO"... what exactely is that.. does that affect the final paycheck.. If it shows " NO" then do i get paid more for that file? or vice-versa?          ...

QA Submission Policy.... Again
Apr 18, 2012

Hello, can't find it in MMCentral, can't locate the orig email (somewhere in my PCs cyberspace) but thought it was 5% per pay period.  Can someone please point me to the HR policy that dictates this?  TIA   ...

QA Submission Rate
Jul 04, 2014

Anyone know the percentage we should be under? I can't remember. Thanks. ...

QA 10% Submission Rate
Dec 31, 2014

E-mail from boss stating we needed to get this down as a team.  How about putting us back on our primaries?  With having to do multiple accounts, it is hard to remember all the "facts" each account commands.   When working  OT, I never got any familiar accounts.  Go figure.   Wouldn't it have  been wiser to let me work on accounts that I knew and was faster on?  I know, this is unrealistic thinking/reasoning. If the doctors/NPs dictated bet ...

Question On 5% And 10% Submission Rate
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, if I am reading the e-mail from corporate correctly, that means that if a MT produces 5,000 lines a week, then the QA submission rate should be no more than 10% of lines which would be 500 QA markers or at 5% that would be no more than 250 QA markers.  Is that correct, or am I reading it incorrectly?  Or is my math incorrect?  ...

Well, Just Got The Dreaded QA Submission For 2/28/10 Period...sm
Mar 31, 2010

Well, 18 year employee here. (PT for 10 years)  came from TL which was GREAT company and then MQ bought out.   I have very chronic illnesses that I absolutely cannot go and get an outside the home job.   I, as stated, don't have a real problem with FTR, because frankly all of us MT/MEs who have done this job for any length of time should be doing our work correctly anyway.  This is something I have always prided myself on, and yes it reflected my production rat ...

Follow-up On QA Submission Yesterday
Oct 27, 2010

On the 3 horrible reports that I had to submit to QA yesterday because of the 3-blank rule, thus losing 3 cpl probably, QA had no more luck filling in the blanks than I and sent them through with 5-10 blanks.  That makes me so mad -- not at QA, just in general that I get penalized financially when it was the DOCTOR'S FAULT AND THE PICKY FACILITY'S "RULE."  ...

Re: Oracle. How Long After Resume Submission (sm)
Jul 23, 2012

does it take to hear back from them?  I'm looking for flexibility, especially on weekends, and they seem to offer that.  ...

First Time Right - CPL Being Decreased If The QA Submission Rate Is Too High
Mar 07, 2010

I've had time to think about this whole First Time Right plan.   I've seen a lot in my 32 yrs in the business and in my humble opinion, I think it will be okay except for the part about CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high.  There must be an alternative other than taking away hard earned pay.  Anyone else agree? ...

5% Submission Straw That Broke The Camel's Back.
Jun 01, 2010

Things have continued to decline over the past 3 years I worked for MQ.  After the 5% submission rule went into effect, I decided  I needed a new career, so at the age of 46, back to school for me.  I think this might be an important step for many MQ'ers since obviously the rate of pay will continue to decrease and the work demand increase.  The fact they do not appreciate our ability to produce top-rated work and are happy with mediocre says a lot for a company tha ...

QA Submission - Apparently Client Rule Reports
Jan 17, 2011

that are sent to QA, the ones you are forced to send due to the client wanting all reports QA's, a certain dictator, etc....I was just reading in the "Rewards" Plan that these reports are NOT counted towards our QA submission . I have read posts here where MTs were frustrated because they thought they WERE.  Please read (I think page 10 but not sure) where it says they are NOT.  If you feel yours are counting against you, copy and paste the paragraph and send it to your CCM.  ...