A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone at Accentus have a slower upload speed than recommended? - ndmt68

Posted: May 04, 2012

I can't get a 1.5 MB speed without a major expense, and I'm worried this will slow me down. Thanks for your help :)

Same problem with - download of 6 and upload of 0.5

[ In Reply To ..]
My ISP has a package that will increase upload from 0.5 to 2 mbps, I think, but they would have charged me business level rates at an increased cost of ~$50/month. The company felt like the lowr 0.5 mbps wouldn't work without the higher mbps. This issue was really pivotal, in addition to no first-shift work (2nd and 3rd are the onlh left.

I think I would have enjoyed working there! Pre-interview conversation, company policis emailed prior to interview, and our coming to the conclusion that the shift I wanted wasn't being offered. Despite that, their whole recruiter package was impressive and well presented.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping it won't slow... - ndmt68

[ In Reply To ..]
me down too much. I've never worked on a platform where the speed was a specific issue, but maybe that's a good thing to have pointed out right away

How do you figure out the speed? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

My situation exactly - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had precisely the same situation: 6 download, 0.5 upload, ISP with expensive business-level package. I also desired first shift and could have started at 5 a.m., but they only had 2nd and 3rd shifts available.

I was also impressed with their organization and think I would have enjoyed working for them, but I'm wired for early-morning work and can't change that...I wouldn't even try to at this point.

My ISP said that 0.5 is considered high enough speed for most purposes, and I've never had any problems with transcription platforms. I'm just curious, offhand, whether most applicants meet this requirement and my ISP is providing an inferior service.

updoad speeds - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have cable, and have upload speeds from 1.5 to 2 when I test on the different internet speed tests, they guarantee 1. My download speed is much higher than required. I know some working for them have had problems with losing their connections and that does make your shift run much longer. When you lose connection when it is uploading to them, you lose your job and credit for the lines you typed. I would seriously try to meet their minimums. I have my cable bundled with phone and TV and get excellent rates for all 3. Good luck!
Checking upload/download speeds - Speed
[ In Reply To ..]
You can find a number of free speed tests on the web, just do a search for "test upload download speed". Here is one:
Cable too - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I have cable, too, and have download of 6 and upload of 0.5. I have a "triple-play" package, with all 3 services through ISP. I turned down the position because I didn't want 2nd or 3rd shift, so not an issue for me, but I've never lost my connection in 6 years of working on other platforms (before that, used a land line and Lanier). Anyway, I would surely hate to lose connection and credit for work done!

Upload speed Accentus - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the minimums required BUT I think you need to also know and consider the way their system works. Three jobs load immediately and you load one job, type it, then send it and you are back out of the system. Then you load the next one and repeat. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to a full minute to load the job. Also, sometimes I have lost jobs sending them, not sure if it is due to upload speed or not.

All of this extra time really causes you to have a low LPH, especially if you get a lot of 1 and 2 minute jobs (that happens sometimes to me and I cannot meet minimum LPH requirements). You have a choice at that point to not count all of this time spent downloading/uploading the jobs so your LPH will be higher, but you will add easily up to an hour of sitting at your computer to complete your shift. Personally, although I like the company, I am looking elsewhere and this is one of the big reasons, and I have not seen it mentioned here before, just be aware that your shift can seem much longer due to this constant downloading/uploading jobs instead of having a new one automatically load when you complete the prior one.

Similar Messages:

Why Does Upload Speed Matter?
Jan 10, 2013

I don't get it. Suddenly companies are asking about download & upload speed of my computer. My computer has worked just fine for MT work for over 9 years now. Nobody has ever asked about the speed before, and I've never had any problems. Now I'm looking for work and because my upload speed isn't 1.5 or above, places won't hire me despite my qualifications.  ...

Download/upload Speed
Mar 21, 2013

My work computer seems to be slow doing research, etc. lately. I recently had unfamiliar work given to me and keep quite a few tabs and manuals open, so thinking it could be a RAM issue but not sure.  I did a speed test during a slow spell, and my download speed was 15.75 mbps and upload speed was 2.90 mbps.  I'm really not sure what a good speed is.  - I have a personal computer as well, but it is barely running these days, so it's always very slow (so can't judg ...

Does Anyone Know If DQS Can Be "manipulated" Regarding The Speed At Which Jobs Upload/down
Oct 15, 2009

I've noticed that sometimes, usually during the day, jobs seem to download and upload a lot slower than they do at night.  I know this is not my computer because it's brand new it doesn't happen on a consistent basis.  Does DQS get "slow" when there are a lot of people on the system or does management have a way to turn the server up or down?  (I've read on another board that on some systems that is a possibility.) ...

Could The ADT Be Any SLOWER??
Aug 09, 2010

Please wait! getting data!! My line count is in the toilet because of these HELPER accounts anyway.  I may as well go CLEAN toilets at Walmart.  Happy Monday!! ...

Why I Am Slower On ASR
Feb 18, 2011

When I transcribe, I am on autopilot.  My brain hears the transcription and I type it.  I am listening to the next words while typing the previous ones.  When I edit ASR, it takes more concentration to correct the text.  Correcting to what the doctor actually says is far more time consuming for me than straight typing which my hands do almost automatically.  I honestly think I type faster than I edit.  If the ASR on my account was not absolutely awful, I might could ...

System Slower Than Ever
Feb 19, 2015

I have to reboot 2 times a day now. Anyone else?  This is ridiculous! ...

Fluency Get Slower Than Usual For Anybody Else?
Jul 10, 2013

it's been downloading a job for about 5 minutes now.  Rebooted with same results.  Did a speed test and am still downloading everything else fine.  Just Fluency server it seems. ...

Anyone Else Notice Computer Seems To Run Slower As The Day Goes On
Nov 23, 2013

I have to reboot at least once a day because of this. Will anything speed it up? Thanks! ...

DSG People, Is Work Slower Than Usual?
Oct 20, 2011

I can't remember, is this our usual "slow time", or do you think there is another reason we have so little work right now?  This 2-4 hours a day of work is going to suck on the paycheck. ...

Does Anyone Notice At Certain Times The Down And Uploading Seems Slower.
Apr 22, 2015

nm ...

Docuscribe 7 - Computer Is Slower, Browsers Are Strange
Jul 26, 2012

Ever since they started getting ready to put our group on this the computer is slower, browsers are strange. Anyone else having a problem?  I had messenger but it messed up too.  It is so frustrating! ...

Recommended FTP Sites?
Oct 18, 2010

I have been working through a company as an IC and now have an opportunity to gain a local account, but I need an FTP site that I can receive wav files and send reports back, does anyone have any suggestions?  The last time I did local accounts they were still using tapes, LOL! ...

Recommended Some Ear Wax Drops *at TC*???? What Is TC? TIA....
Jan 24, 2011

Ear wax drops at TC? The only thing I could find was temperature control, but does that make sense??   If anyone can help, I appreciate it. ...

We Will Get The Recommended Dose Of S/l DVAPT
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Andrews School Recommended
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone know or can recommend the Andrews School? The cost seems to be high for the course. ...

Is Andrews The ONLY School Recommended??
May 26, 2012

I've read so much on this forum trying to get some good information on which school to go with, and all I can find is Andrews, Andrews, Andrews!  How can it be the only school that anybody seems willing to recommend?  Is the forum just overrun with Andrews students or is it truly the only school that anyone knows of that prepares you for the CCS exam upon graduation?  How can that be?  And believe me, I'm not criticizing the school or anyone for their opinion, I jus ...

Drug Recommended: Ibumetin ?
Oct 26, 2012

I know I'm hearing "Ibumetin" correctly...how often do you hear doctors recommending drugs that aren't offered in the US?  He's a native speaker, and there's no mention of the patient traveling abroad.  Is there some other drug that sounds similar?  His dictation at bottom. http://www.drugs.com/international/ibumetin.html TREATMENT PLAN:  Anti-inflammatories.  Ibumetin would be recommended.  Patient reports she had an episode of a lower GI blee ...

Recommended Companies (private Msg Me)
Sep 08, 2014

I'm really thinking about jumping ship from MModal.  I've been there for 8 years, being a QA/editor for half that and have been nominated for MT of the year 4 times.  Recently it seems they've put a target on my back and I think I need to get out.  I have been out of the business loop for that time, so I don't know what's out there.  Are there any places you would recommend?  Any you would recommend to stay away from?  I know going to Nuance ...

Recommended Job Sites/Companies?
Oct 03, 2014

I'm currently in CareerStep and hoping to be done with my training in the next month or so. I'm trying to get a jump on companies I might want to apply for, and I'm not sure if I'm really getting anywhere. Many of the companies on GlassDoor are geting barely 2 out of 5 stars! CareerStep partners with a bunch of schools as well and I can only get information on about half of them off of Glassdoor. So any recommendations OR companies to stay away from would be great! ...

Recommended Online Certification Programs?
Nov 04, 2010

Hello---I am a stay at home mom that is interested in becoming a Medical Transcriptionist. I am looking for any recommendations on an online certification or training program. There are so many out there, and I am leery of being scammed or overpaying or completing a course that is not recognized, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I definitely need it to be online, from home, and would prefer a shorter timeframe. I already have a Bachelor's degree (in an unrelated field ...

Cant Upload
Nov 17, 2014

Can't Upload Nm
Jan 11, 2015

nm ...

Can't Upload...anyone Else?
May 20, 2015

Document checks and uploading acting funky.  Anyone else? ...

I Don't Get The Upload Screen That Allows Me
Mar 05, 2010

to choose whether or not I send the report to QA.  I still get the old screen with QA checked because I left a marker, and I can't uncheck the box that sends it to QA.  Anybody getting the new screen that has you choose? ...

Down? Wont Upload Job
Jun 11, 2012

x ...

DQS Down? Wont Upload My Job
Nov 26, 2012

to me when the system is back up. I hope so, it was a huge job. ...

Anybody Else Stuck In Upload?
Mar 28, 2013

I have 3 jobs stuck! Hope I don't lose them! With NJA, I need every line I can get!! ...

Stuck In Upload
Dec 14, 2014

Uhm,,use Profile Won't Upload
Feb 06, 2015

anyone else having the problem and does that mean my last job when I signed off didn't go through? ...

Am I The Only One Stuck In Upload?
Mar 01, 2015

Please crash, please crash, pretty please crash ...