A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DSG people, is work slower than usual? - just me

Posted: Oct 20, 2011

I can't remember, is this our usual "slow time", or do you think there is another reason we have so little work right now?  This 2-4 hours a day of work is going to suck on the paycheck.

Slower work? More like no work. Can't not work. Guess I will sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
be finding a new job! Part of it is not their fault (I think) but that does not help me make money!

yep. glad i'm not the only one. not sure what's going on. nm - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

you can email me and I will tell you nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

well i'd love to know what's going on but...sm - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
as management monitors these boards, I don't feel comfortable responding via e-mail. I don't think it would hurt to just air it here since so many of us are being affected by whatever's taking place right now. It would be great to have a heads-up in case we need to be planning for the future.

I'm frustrated too, but... - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
every time I try to ask "management" in times past I get the "work is just slow right now" or whatever the excuse of the week/month is. I was curious to know what other people thought might be going on, if anyone had inside info or something.

I also know that reading these boards is very depressing and I often feel like we have it better than other companies, but then these dry spells hit and I start getting frustrated and feel like maybe we are in a downward trend, or worse. It's not like we can trust them to tell us if we have to start worrying about our jobs!

I agree and I hate it because I'd been happy...sm - frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
for the most part since I started with them. Up until recently, I've been happy with management and always thought they were more than fair, but lately the answers and explanations just don't seem to match up with what's going on. I just don't feel secure anymore and it's getting a little scary. I feel like the rug could be pulled out from under me any minute.

I agree that these boards are VERY depressing. So many people looking for work.

DSG work - Teardrop

[ In Reply To ..]
DSG lost a HUGE account last week. They had been hiring up for this account for a while, and then just lost it. In fact, they've lost 2 that I'm aware of, but the one from last week was a biggy. They're shuffling work and people, but they just have way too many MTs for the work coming in. I only know because they've shifted all those MTs who were on the lost account to my account, and now I suffer too. So sad, but typical case of over hiring.

That's exactly what I was afraid might have happened... - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
That's a real bummer, and will affect a lot, if not all of us. I hope they are working on getting more accounts or something. Ugh!

Low work - Teardrop

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know your exact situation or skill level, but in my case, it's not time to panic yet. There is concern, of course, but you might want to try waiting it out. I don't understand why management is being so secretive to some MTs and not others. My manager has kept us informed all along. Cutting down on the intrigue can really settle some nerves! I'm considering trying a part-time IC position just to fill in the gaps until the dust settles. I'm sure some people will leave. Only time will tell. I agree that it's a nice company, but it's not the only nice company. Best of luck to us all!
Well I got 6 or 7 reports yesterday and 3 on Monday sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
and I suppose they will know who I am by that but I can't live on that! I am used to making at least 100 dollars a day and I just need to work but I hope there is something on the horizon. Also they pay me better than I will get anywhere else so I hate to leave but I can't wait too long!

Similar Messages:

Fluency Get Slower Than Usual For Anybody Else?
Jul 10, 2013

it's been downloading a job for about 5 minutes now.  Rebooted with same results.  Did a speed test and am still downloading everything else fine.  Just Fluency server it seems. ...

Could The ADT Be Any SLOWER??
Aug 09, 2010

Please wait! getting data!! My line count is in the toilet because of these HELPER accounts anyway.  I may as well go CLEAN toilets at Walmart.  Happy Monday!! ...

Why I Am Slower On ASR
Feb 18, 2011

When I transcribe, I am on autopilot.  My brain hears the transcription and I type it.  I am listening to the next words while typing the previous ones.  When I edit ASR, it takes more concentration to correct the text.  Correcting to what the doctor actually says is far more time consuming for me than straight typing which my hands do almost automatically.  I honestly think I type faster than I edit.  If the ASR on my account was not absolutely awful, I might could ...

System Slower Than Ever
Feb 19, 2015

I have to reboot 2 times a day now. Anyone else?  This is ridiculous! ...

Anyone Else Notice Computer Seems To Run Slower As The Day Goes On
Nov 23, 2013

I have to reboot at least once a day because of this. Will anything speed it up? Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Notice At Certain Times The Down And Uploading Seems Slower.
Apr 22, 2015

nm ...

Anyone At Accentus Have A Slower Upload Speed Than Recommended?
May 04, 2012

I can't get a 1.5 MB speed without a major expense, and I'm worried this will slow me down. Thanks for your help :) ...

Docuscribe 7 - Computer Is Slower, Browsers Are Strange
Jul 26, 2012

Ever since they started getting ready to put our group on this the computer is slower, browsers are strange. Anyone else having a problem?  I had messenger but it messed up too.  It is so frustrating! ...

NJA Radiology SA5 As Usual
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Usual Time To Be On QA
Aug 19, 2010

What is the usual amount of time to be on QA with a new company? ...

North Area NJA As Usual
Feb 24, 2010

with CCM requesting folks do schedule changes also as usual these days.  I don't know about you, but when told we can "set our own schedule," I took this to believe we create our own schedule and then work it.  If the Q doesn't have enough work available for us to do, then why do they still give us this option to do?  There's nothing more frustrating to me than signing in to work, not having any, and then being ask to work later.  If I wanted to "work late ...

Is QA Done In India? Usual Editors Are Now Gone. Just
Aug 02, 2010

xx ...

He Is Very Loquacious And Seems A Little Bit More *entered* Than Usual. Thx. Nm
Aug 05, 2011

nm ...

Got My Last Pay Stub. As Usual Made Less
Dec 31, 2011

Will have to look in my file, but I believe I haven't made this little since about 1988? ...

What Are The Usual Questions On A Phone Interview? Sm
May 06, 2010

Just curious if someone can tell me the typical questions asked on phone interviews?     ...

Has Anyone Else Been Getting 10 Times More Post Audits Than Usual??
Nov 30, 2012

I am getting audited 5 jobs a day at least.  This is FAR FAR more than ever before. I used to get maybe 1 or 2 a week. I am also noticing much higher dings on these audits.  In the same report I got an error for not ADDING an and that was not dictated and then got dinged for ADDING an and that had been dictated.  Is this verbatim OR NOT!!! Anyway, it just seems that there is a A LOT more QA auditing happening than usual.  Just me??? ...

Had My Usual Friday Night Lineup- Sm
Oct 25, 2013

With the dictator from hell, 16 PGN in a row, and everybody sitting there waiting for somebody else to do him - the catch this time is that somewhere along the line in the last 2 weeks of getting stuck with these every single night is that I learned to understand him!  So, I sat there taking all those progress notes that nobody else wanted and only had to send 2 of 16 to QA for blanks this time and my percent to QA still stayed under 5.71% and I got 200 easy lines with nobody snatching ...

Usual Line Counts? (regular Typing)
May 27, 2011

What is your usual daily line count?  How many hours is that in?  Not VR, editing, anything funky - just straight typing.  Just curious... Thanks!!! ...

Silent Type MTs Even Sadder Than Usual Today?
Jun 25, 2012

Are any of you ST MTs even sadder than usual today? ...

Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place (as Usual)
Jun 12, 2014

So QA keeps telling me to review the acct specs as I continue to format certain reports incorrectly.  Sigh.  I have looked and there is nothing in the acct specs that states anything about formatting, but yet if I say anything, I will be the "bad guy" so I am just going to keep quiet as much as I hate to.  I would rather be able to talk with them, but I have enough experience with these people to know how it will turn out:( ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Both Groins And Abdomen Were Prepped And Draped In The Usual Manner From SM
Jan 26, 2010

the midthigh to the s/l "zif-fus" sternum.  ...

This Is My Last Week At M Modal. Will Final Pay Be Direct Deposited As Usual?
Dec 31, 2012

I hope my final pay is direct deposited, b/c I have bills taken out and cannot wait for the paper check to come in the mail. Does anyone know if final pay is also direct deposited? Thanks in advance. ...

Well, I Have Had The Usual Late Night Line Count Crushing Jobs.
Jul 25, 2014

First 3/4, hanging on 150 lph by a thread.  Now the usual late-night line-killer doctor a couple of times and a long train of bad audio.  Just barely able to get over 110 lph.  Oh, and don't forget that 20-minute job during which the doctor had a hard time making up his mind as to what he wanted to say. Performance management here I am.  Got my first nudge today.  Let's see if they will let me be on line count performance management as long as they did quality ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

MDI-MD VR People Here?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm curious.  Any MTs willing to discuss how they like Escription and are working for MDI-MD/Transcend?  ...

DId MDI P.r.n. People Get A Pay Cut Too? Nm
Nov 24, 2009

s ...

MQ People
Sep 10, 2010

I usually come to this forum for good, solid, BRUTALLY HONEST opinon and help.  I have seen this field deteriorate over the years and got to wondering if the suits at MQ have any idea how long some of us have done this work and how poorly they are treating highly qualified, experiences MTs.  I am very curious to see how many years of experience we have.  I personally have 28 years experience and for the past 3 years have not brought in more than 20K.   When I used ...

To All Of You QA People.
Feb 08, 2011

I know this is a little thing, but after 2 years it is a little annoying.  Why do you ask MTs to look up physician names and addresses that are not in the database and to send to QA?  You NEVER enter them into the system, not once.  I have kept a list of physician names and addresses that we frequently use that are not in the database.  I send them to QA every time, requesting that they be entered.  I wonder what your response would be if we sent it blank?  Just a l ...

People Think I Have No Job....
Jul 08, 2011

Okay, four years of doing transcription and it's been four years of people calling all day to chat, wanting me to go do this and that, etc.  I've tried over and over to explain to them to not drop by because I'm WORKING! Have any of you had to get down right rude to make people understand?  Husband also doesn't seem to get it since he mentions "you're at home all day." Ugh. ...