A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recommended Job Sites/Companies? - Dana

Posted: Oct 03, 2014

I'm currently in CareerStep and hoping to be done with my training in the next month or so. I'm trying to get a jump on companies I might want to apply for, and I'm not sure if I'm really getting anywhere. Many of the companies on GlassDoor are geting barely 2 out of 5 stars!

CareerStep partners with a bunch of schools as well and I can only get information on about half of them off of Glassdoor. So any recommendations OR companies to stay away from would be great!

The best advice anyone can give you is to never - get into the medical transcription field.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm surprised any of these transcription companies even got 2 stars on GlassDoor... most of them are despicable, dishonest sweatshops with strong ties to India.

If offshoring of transcription doesn't worry you, consider the fact that most hospitals and clinics are transitioning to automatic, doctor-generated medical records that don't require transcription at all - not by a live MT, and not by voice recognition. As that continues, MTSO's will get fewer and fewer transcription contracts, and there will be less and less work, even for the Indians. Eventually it will all just disappear.

I think it's so dishonest that these schools are still taking money from people to learn medical transcription, when the field is drying up so rapidly that it'll likely be entirely nonexistent within 2 years or less.

Agreed! - TooTired

[ In Reply To ..]
I also can't believe these schools are taking money. How atrocious! They just fill these newbies with all kinds of hopes for this field. I still see ads on the Internet for "make $18 to $25 an hour"...blah, blah, blah. Maybe if you have a perfect account with perfect dictators and plenty of work and don't have QAs scanning through reports looking for errors, but most can barely make minimum wage for their state. I would say find a different career path and soon!

Transcription - cherylsue

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't believe doctors are going to do clerical and I don't believe point and click is a substitute for a doctor's dictation. I think there will always be transcription but maybe in another country.

You missed something - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You are correct that point and click isn't a substitute, but you must have missed "front-end speech recognition" technology. That allows a doctor to dictate straight to the computer he is using, which presents him with the transcript as he says it. He can use canned text or "normals'" and the system can import labs, imaging, pieces of other reports, vital signs, ROS, etc.

The generation of computer-averse doctors is nearly gone. The younger ones grew up with technology and don't have a problem with it. They do not see keyboarding as "clerical work." To them, it is just interacting with a computer. They grew up emailing, instant messaging, writing school notes and papers, using spreadsheets, keeping databases, and programming software on computers. Their own phones have SR technology to do emails and IMs, and they use it.

Because of that, they do not see getting a short report done by typing it themselves as a problem. They do not see getting a longer one done by front-end SR as a problem. They do not see creating their own point and click templates or canned text normals as a problem.

In comparison, they now find dictating to an MT to be a huge annoyance. They never liked the random quality, the lost reports, the lack of control, the need to read for errors, sending it back for corrections, or the delay.

MTs go on and on about how critical they are to patient care, but never seemed to see their delays to be a problem. Why not? When a doctor does a report, he does it for patient care right then, not days later. When they dictate an op report that will not be returned by the time the patient leaves the OR area, he has to do a brief op report by hand, himself, anyway. Same with admission and discharge notes and any consult information they need to communicate right away. Same with diagnostic tests. It is no longer acceptable to them to endure the extra work due to dictation service delays when they can just do it themselves.

They do not see this as clerical work. Their view of computers is quite different.

Most MTs did not grow up with computer technology. They use computers as word processors and see them as primarily word processors that can incidentally do email and internet.

Doctors who grew up with computers see them as information connection devices that facilitate communication, research, calculation, data storage, and entertainment, which you communicate with through input devices like keyboards, mice, pointers, touch, and speech. They see them as devices they use, not as devices that others use for them. They don't see using them as clerical work.

front-end - cherylsue
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that there is a world of difference between this generation and older generations as far as computer usage and understanding. But transcription is clerical and time-consuming.

As far as questionable quality, maybe that's why MM and others have been putting so much emphasis on audits in the last year or so.

I guess it would depend on each individual doctor and how they prefer to do it, but it is time-consuming work that takes away from their other duties.
No, it is NOT what you think - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You don't seem to hear what I am telling you. You are continuing to see this from YOUR perspective, not theirs. Because you don't understand fhe technology and how they use it, you cannot imagine how a report can be generated without an MT.

Transcription may be clerical work, but the doctors are not doing what you do. They are not *transcribing* their reports. They are not dictating on a phone, then going to a computer to bring up the recording to type it. They are not even dictating and then going to a record room to sign a paper copy, nor are they dictating then going to the report to make corrections and sign it.

You may assume that they just dictated it before and you took care of the rest. That is not what happened. They dictated, then had to WAIT and WAIT, and write a partial note (yes, using a keyboard) or telephone the results, then go somewhere to proof and sign, or go back into a computer, find their report and proof and sign, or make corrections and wait or sign. And get suspended if they did not go to medical records to sign. And, regardless, those fabulous clerical services cost them about 50K a year (in spite of how little you actually get).

That is the only way you can imagine this working, and you think the 50K is reasonable, so you cannot grasp the alternative.

The alternative is that they go to a computer, talk, and sign. Period.

They don't see that as "clerical work." They see it as dictating. It is far less work, requires no return to the record, gives them full control, and costs less.

Part of your misunderstanding stems from the idea that computers do SR badly and that doctors are incomprehensible. This kind of SR can be trained to one doctor and the doctor learns how to speak very quickly.

We have this already. I am not making this up.

No one should be going into MT now. Those in it should not assume they will be the last one standing.

There are other jobs out there. Find one.

right now I'm - still typing
[ In Reply To ..]
but I do hear what you're saying. So they still dictate, but the SR actually understands them? not like the SR we know and love which does not understand them? Just asking.

The docs at my facility probably think it's so "quaint" to still have to dictate and then wait on the records and sign them (well, they may use other words). I keep wondering why they haven't gone to EHR yet. I'm glad they haven't, but I do wonder.
How do you know they have not gone - to EHR?
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you work there? If not ... if you work for an MTSO (which seems to be the case if you have SR)... you would not know if they did or did not.

It is increasingly unlikely that they have not, due to the financial penalties associated with not doing so.

Yes, it understands them. With your SR, the doctor cannot train the system, nor does he see the results of mushmouth, gum-chewing, yakking, or eating and drinking. He can also phone it in. With front-end SR, they see it right on the screen, immediately. They quickly learn to do a better job of it.
no we don't have SR where I work - still typing
[ In Reply To ..]
it's straight typing, but did when I worked for MModal. I know on some accounts on my present job, the work we do is being uploaded to the EHR, but so far that's as far as it's gone.
OK, any FESR or templated work on those EHR - accounts never goes to you.
[ In Reply To ..]
You never see it. It never goes out their doors. So, it will disappear bit by bit. You will think everything is same as usual, but you'll get the bad dictators as the good ones go FESR, then the best of them will go, and the best of THEM, until all you have is the dregs. And then, even that will dsappear.

It is happening right under your nose, but you can't see it. You won't until it it is too late.

You know, I asked you in a nice way - still typing
[ In Reply To ..]
so I don't see the need for your snide remarks. My boss checked with the head of their MR dept and was told that they were not doing this FESR or template work at this time and not planning on it in the foreseeable future. I do realize they can all lie like dogs. So far I have seen no change in the amount of work or the doctors who dictate it.
How was my response "snide"? - Just unbelievable!
[ In Reply To ..]
How do you figure my response was snide? I told you how it will happen. I said you can't see it happening from your side. It is invisible to you.

Maybe the facts are upsetting to hear, but that does not mame me snide.

Some medical record directors don't know what is happening, either. Most cannot tell their service what they do know. Or, maybe your boss nust doesn't want you to know.

If you have seen no change in the amount of work, that's good for you. Remember, though, that nobody does at first. Then, one fine day they are posting here about everybody being let go and moaning about why nobody told them.

If you didn't have a drop in work, why did you even post in this thread?
So the SR is so good that every chart is never seen by an MT editor ... - me
[ In Reply To ..]
...and never leaves the hospital? I find that hard to believe. Truly. Especially with teaching hospitals who have new residents coming in ever few months or so and foreign docs with heavy accents.
Threr are NO MTs involved at all, ever. - Nothing leaves the facility
[ In Reply To ..]
In fact, nothing leaves the doctor's hands. He signs it right then, there is nothing to send out. They don't record their dictation and THEN have it transcribed. The computer converts it to text while the doctor says it. In real time.

You are STILL not hearing what we are telling you. You are still trying to fit this into YOUR work scenario.

There are jobs doing clinical documentation review, but they are not jobs looking for punctuation and spelling errors. For the most part, they evaluate the content of the record.
You are on here a lot and I get the feeling you sell SR ... - me
[ In Reply To ..]
...or are somehow involved in it's development, which is fine, if it's your job. I just have a hard time believing that it's so easy to get doctors on board with front-end speech rec. I tend to read the opposite, and I do try to keep informed on this. I read that it can be very HARD to get docs on board with front end speech rec and that they seriously resent it.

I think you're painting an ideal scenario for your own reasons.
Nope, don't develop or sell it. - If I did...
[ In Reply To ..]
If I did, I would be wasting my time here because no one is in a position to influence any buying decisions.

I am here to explain what it is so that those of you who need to earn a living can make appropriate plans for your futures.

Unfortunately, I suspect that I am wasting my time.
unfortunately it's your condescending attitude - still typing
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you think you could post while refraining from trying to make us all feel stupid? Because I doubt it.
The emphasis on audits is a tool to do away - with as many MTs as possible before -SM
[ In Reply To ..]
that inevitable day comes that they terminate all of them. Why do you think M*M has gone into coding?
M*M does not need coding to "replace" MT - Informaticist
[ In Reply To ..]
M*M did not go into coding to replace MT. They are a major player in the front-end SR market. They aren't *losing* business to FESR, they are just converting what you do to their own FESR.

That is why they have been buying up competitors and small MTSOs. It is why so many hospitals outsource to them ... because they are going with EHRs that will allow FESR that M*M provides.

The coding is just something they are doing to fill in the medical records services they are dabbling in.

They are a very large company with several product lines. You are only seeing the MT line ... you have apparently missed all the rest of them and, hence, the big picture.
Nuance is the other major FESR player. Same game plan. That is why they bought Dragon.
Excellent post!! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That was a very thorough and accurate explanation!
That's the best description I've read of why MT is - going away. VERY well said! (NM)
[ In Reply To ..]
X
Excellent post... - excepT
[ In Reply To ..]
the part about "patient care." Most if not all the documentation we provide is for the hospital to meet JCAHO standards so they can receive Medicare payments, and payment in general. The patient record is, yes, the patient's health history but also the hospital's business record. They are seldom read while the patient is in the hospital. The chart notes, xray reports, lab values you betcha. All the hard work we do and countless lines of transcription.... it's just for the business office and the lawyers.
Not quite ... - not quite ...
[ In Reply To ..]
They aren't used if they take days to appear. They ARE used when they appear when they should.

When admission H&Ps are done in real time, the doctor does not have to hand-write a chart note along with it. When op reports appear right away, no brief note is required. When consults appear in real time, no separate chart note is required.

You are still thinking that there are handwritten chart notes and printed-out labs. No. With an EHR, it is all going to be electronic. Everything. Including the chart notes. Those get done by SR or are hand-typed, too.

Point & click is how I lost my job. I was working - on-site, and from inception to -(SM)

[ In Reply To ..]
layoff, it was only 3 weeks, total. The transcription was NOT sent to another country, because it was not sent to a middleman. They have bypassed transcription 100%. The entire department, management included, was terminated in one afternoon. The doctors can, and ARE, "going clerical". That's because all they have to do is pull up a standardized report, jump to a couple of blanks that "customize" the report, and they don't even have to type their entry. They just point to a short list of possibilities, and click. Thus the term, "Point & Click".

Recommended - ditto

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a cousin who went into coding through a school and passed whatever test she did. She cannot find any job anywhere.

I think these schools are awful for taking your money and claiming that transcription or coding is where you can make real money. Haven't made real money for so long I can't remember.

Also remember these companies come and go and are bought and sold and of course your job always suffers if you are lucky enough to keep it.

MT Future - k

[ In Reply To ..]
I suppose this is progress. My doctors find it a hassle to do the report on the spot during the visit. They're aggravated with the software and don't want to correct errors.

I just received my records to pass on for a new patient visit next week and if I turned in a report like that I would be on probation. There is no quality, yet we've been scrutinized to death for years with QA and standards that all of a sudden are thrown out the window because the doc is doing the work. They don't have time for a menial task as transcribing and it shows. My medical records are a joke on the "profession" of transcription yet now accepted. Almost time for plan B.

Should not judge an occupation based - on one persons story

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a coder who works for a healthcare system making more than 70K with excellent benefits. I got my first coding job without experience and before I was certified. More than 30 coders work for my facility, making in the 40s to 90s. I know hundreds more who work for my employer at other facilities.

It IS possible to get jobs in coding, but some people cannot. There are a hundred reasons ranging from their background check to matchbook schools to resumes to personality screenings to speech characteristics to unprofessional clothing and 3-inch fingernails.

I have no idea what school your cousin attended or what tests she passed, but there are a lot of poor schools and unaccepted tests. If she passed the CCS and still could not find a job, she would do well to consult an employment counselor because something is wrong, and it is not wrong on the coding side.

Should not judge - Recommended

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not think you represent the average. I don't know what school she graduated from but she does have that particular thing.

I do know that no longer does the hospital I used to work for as an MT and that is a teaching hospital no longer has coders. They have done away with nearly all the Medical Records Department and put everything on computers or stored old files in a warehouse somewhere.

Anyway, you are one of the lucky ones, but please do not degrade my cousin nor what she accomplished.

You represent a very minority group who is making that much money.
Don't worry...this coder does that to everyone - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Anytime anyone says they are having a hard time finding a coding job without experience (and there are quite a few), she says the same thing - always insults the poster or accuses them of having a bad attitude.
Some people are unemployable. - Others need job finding skills
[ In Reply To ..]
Their difficulties do not mean that it is impossible to get jobs.
I think that coder is trying to reassure herself - that coding is a bulletproof career.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
No, Coder does not care about *coding* or - need to, because
[ In Reply To ..]
HIM is a bullet-proof career. Coder knows this because she started in coding and used that to move on in HIM. She still uses coding skills, but in a different capacity.

Coder knows that there are many different jobs in HIM, especially now in informatics. HIM is changing from paper-wrangling to information management. Those jobs are very good.

Coding is also a job MTs can usually learn easily due to their background. They already know the language and a lot about medical records.

No job remains the same forever. You need to be prepared to change.
Impossible that they have no - coders
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, but it is impossible for a hospital to have no coders. The fact that they have electronic records is completely unrelated to that. The fact that they got rid of most of medical records is completely unrelated to that.

They might use a contracted service, but their records ARE being coded by coders.

I am not degrading your cousin's accomplishment. I just think you might be unclear about what it was.

LOL - That's what we used to say about - medical transcription.
[ In Reply To ..]
And look how well THAT turned out.

If the MTSOs have their way, they'll take it over, find a way to fully automate it, and the whole thing will come full circle. I have no doubts about that at all.
So what would you suggest? - Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
So, what is your suggestion? Do you even have any positive, constructive suggestions?

Nothing remains the same forever. Intending to stay in one job your entire life is unwise.

MT is a bad choice now. MTs should have moved on already.

Coding is not only still a good choice, but offers clear, achievable routes into other jobs that will be viable and which will offer still more options.

That's a suggestion that I make. What's yours?
I would suggest being very leery of coding, - especially if theyre in the training -(sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
stage and not currently working as one. The fact that M*M is getting into it and training new coders is a huge red flag. But, not everyone wants to believe that the new job they plan to rely on could so sour. For some, the way they want to go is to jump in and hope it works. If that's your plan, my only "advice" is good luck, enjoy your new job, and be vigilant for the kinds of shenanigans the transcription companies started pulling with the MT industry. If you were once an MT, then you'll know what I'm talking about. If you've never been an MT, and went straight into coding, then of course you can't be expected to see things the same way. For your sake, I hope it sticks around and remains high-paying.
It is not a new job for me, sorry. - Experienced Coder
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm pretty sure that you are the one with the wrong view.

Enjoy your high-paying coding job while you - have it. M*M is coming for you.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
What is YOUR suggestion? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
What is your suggestion, then?

You know, YOU could be making that much today. If you had moved on from MT even 4 or 5years ago, you could be in a very good job now.

My suggestion is stay with your in-house job. - If they end up outsourcing to - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
a middleman coding company, I would suggest moving on and finding another in-house job. I would refuse to work as an employee of Work directly for the hospital. Stay on-site. Going home to work opens the door for problems down the line.

beg to differ - hotshot

[ In Reply To ..]
i have known several upstanding, very well employable people within the last 10-15 who have gone to coding school, a couple of them interning at the hospitals i worked at, who gave up on trying to find a coder position and found employment elsewhere.

Sorry--You Must Not Have Researched - Before Choosing MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no such thing as a good company to work for. If there is, it surely won't last for long. I finally, after 12 yrs with the same awful company, left them for a "kinder, gentler" place. Then, the qawdawful company bought out the kinder, gentler place's medical transcription department.

So, I quit MT completely and got something doing just basic clerical work in an office; no more MT for me. They ruined it for us and it's not coming back. Not at least in my working life time. I'm 59 yrs old and counting, so I don't have time to piddle around and "hope" that things will turn around before I retire at 62.

Nobody really gave any constructive advice ... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
...considering you've already paid your tuition and all.

My suggestion would be to look for a smaller company that hires through Career Step. I think they have a forum for that, right? And you have to realize that you'll probably be making minimum wage for quite a while--maybe forever. And that might be enough for you if you need to work at home. I still think being an MT is an interesting job and the crappy pay is all right with me because I don't need a lot.

Don't get too depressed by what people say here. In ten years, yeah, there might be no more MT jobs at all. I can see that happening. But if you're just looking for something for the next five or six, you can get a job fairly easily with your education. A lot of folks are retiring early--you might have noticed that talk here--and a lot of places need MTs right now.

But the future is indeed unclear.

Similar Messages:

Recommended FTP Sites?
Oct 18, 2010

I have been working through a company as an IC and now have an opportunity to gain a local account, but I need an FTP site that I can receive wav files and send reports back, does anyone have any suggestions?  The last time I did local accounts they were still using tapes, LOL! ...

Recommended Companies (private Msg Me)
Sep 08, 2014

I'm really thinking about jumping ship from MModal.  I've been there for 8 years, being a QA/editor for half that and have been nominated for MT of the year 4 times.  Recently it seems they've put a target on my back and I think I need to get out.  I have been out of the business loop for that time, so I don't know what's out there.  Are there any places you would recommend?  Any you would recommend to stay away from?  I know going to Nuance ...

Recommended Some Ear Wax Drops *at TC*???? What Is TC? TIA....
Jan 24, 2011

Ear wax drops at TC? The only thing I could find was temperature control, but does that make sense??   If anyone can help, I appreciate it. ...

We Will Get The Recommended Dose Of S/l DVAPT
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Andrews School Recommended
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone know or can recommend the Andrews School? The cost seems to be high for the course. ...

Is Andrews The ONLY School Recommended??
May 26, 2012

I've read so much on this forum trying to get some good information on which school to go with, and all I can find is Andrews, Andrews, Andrews!  How can it be the only school that anybody seems willing to recommend?  Is the forum just overrun with Andrews students or is it truly the only school that anyone knows of that prepares you for the CCS exam upon graduation?  How can that be?  And believe me, I'm not criticizing the school or anyone for their opinion, I jus ...

Drug Recommended: Ibumetin ?
Oct 26, 2012

I know I'm hearing "Ibumetin" correctly...how often do you hear doctors recommending drugs that aren't offered in the US?  He's a native speaker, and there's no mention of the patient traveling abroad.  Is there some other drug that sounds similar?  His dictation at bottom. http://www.drugs.com/international/ibumetin.html TREATMENT PLAN:  Anti-inflammatories.  Ibumetin would be recommended.  Patient reports she had an episode of a lower GI blee ...

Recommended Online Certification Programs?
Nov 04, 2010

Hello---I am a stay at home mom that is interested in becoming a Medical Transcriptionist. I am looking for any recommendations on an online certification or training program. There are so many out there, and I am leery of being scammed or overpaying or completing a course that is not recognized, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I definitely need it to be online, from home, and would prefer a shorter timeframe. I already have a Bachelor's degree (in an unrelated field ...

Anyone At Accentus Have A Slower Upload Speed Than Recommended?
May 04, 2012

I can't get a 1.5 MB speed without a major expense, and I'm worried this will slow me down. Thanks for your help :) ...

OB/GYN Sites
May 18, 2010

Good morning all! I'm starting a new account which is an OB/GYN clinic and also will entail a good deal of prenatal anomalies and investigations as well. Does anyone here have any particular favorite websites they use as an informative guide for terms, abbreviations, etc., related to this field?  If so, would you be so kind as to share any links? Thanks so much in advance for any valuable information you're willing to share. Have a great Tuesday! ...

Laboratory Web Sites
Oct 12, 2009

Can someone help me with puting laboratory values in the right order? Or maybe a web site that is helpful. Thank you ...

Pathology Sites
Jun 10, 2011

I just switched over to typing pathology reports, are there any good sites that you recommend to help with learning some of the words and phrases.    ...

MT Dictation Practice Sites
Nov 16, 2009

Thanks for all the useful comments and equiptment tips. I am waiting for my internship.   Want to keep my skills sharp. What on-line sites would you all recommend for daily MT dictation pracrtice? I am currently redoing over and over my course materials. Also what does one do to improve on grammar and punctuation skills? Thanks. from Vermont, Diane     ...

Laboratory Data Web Sites
Dec 11, 2009

I seem to be having a problem with getting the lab data in the right sentence structure can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance. ...

Due Diligence: Should I Get Into The MT Biz? Which Are The BEST Training Sites?
Feb 09, 2012

There are SOOO MANY conflicting opinions on the MT profession, and SOOOO MANY options for training - the more I know, the more confused I seem to be. A "training program" or an "accredited school"?  Independent contractor or employee?  Doctor's office or national transcription company? I attended a very informative one-day class on the MT industry.  MT is a field that I have been interested in knowing more about but have not had the time to look into.  Now, I am unempl ...

Sites For Dental/OMFS
May 08, 2012

Does anyone know of sites for dental/maxillofacial procedures or terms? ...

Transcend/Nuance Web Sites Down?
May 21, 2012

Can't get into beyond text or the MLS site.  Any problems known? ...

Job Sites And Incomplete Information
Mar 01, 2013

Does anyone else on this board have an issue with companies not posting all of the information needed for people to apply? On a different board I found a job that I was interested in that  and I wanted to apply for it but some of the information ( i.e. years of experience, types of programs used etc) were not there. Should I stay away from companies that do this? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Into Other Sites That The Jobs Available Do
Jan 27, 2014

not come up and says you can access the server. ...

MTTest Testing Sites
Dec 09, 2014

It has been my experience that any time a company requests that you go to their testing site to complete a test, it seems to be a waste of time in screening candidates.  The audio files are extremely hard to hear and half the time the audio skips.  There should be a better way to screen applicants than by using these testing sites.  It is a no-win situation.  You spend two hours doing their screening and trying to transcribe reports that are not the work type that they are ev ...

OOW - Switched To Garden Sites
Feb 12, 2015

We ran out of TAT last week and I guess our supervisor missed out on some bonus because of it.  Tightening down on schedules/hours/procedures for not showing up for work or showing up late were reiterated to us. Guess some took it seriously cause now the work is slim. Had been getting stressed with having to flex or use up PTO, today I spent the last hour on gardening web sites and looking through seed catalogs.  Feel relaxed now and ready to prepare a little lunch and then check back ...

Hope This In Right Place - Our Most Helpful Web Sites
Dec 20, 2009

I was thinking of something the other day:  We all have our favorite web sites which we have found on our own, whether it be for surgical web sites, chemo drugs, bacterial finder, orthopedic test words, neuro words, etc.  How about we post said web sites here with a short description as to what they are for.  It would be a good way to help each other out Anyone agree? Thanks! ...

Web Sites For Partial Names Of Medications
May 14, 2010

Does anyone have a good website where if you can only make out part of the name of a drug it will research everthing with that part.  I used to have one ages ago that all it needed was at least 3 letters, but have since lost it. Now a year or so later I am trying to find it again.   Any help is appreicated. ...

Radiology Good Reference Sites
Apr 07, 2011

I am SO excited.  I just received a call from a local hospital for an interview tomorrow for an full-time inhouse transcriptionist radiology position.  I am not sure yet if they pay by the line or the hour; I hope it is hourly then I would know exactly what my pay will be instead of by the line since  you never know from one pay period to the next how muych it will be.  Believe me, this is rare as I live in the middle of nowhere and 3 hospitals that are within driving distanc ...

Good Drug Research Sites?
Apr 27, 2012

Hi all. I'm wondering what sites are your favorite for drug researching? The main issue right now is a sentence that has me wondering. It says: "The patient has no known allergy for the s/l listed." I've never heard it put that way before. He must be talking about the meds the patient usually takes, but, if he's been taking them, of course he has no allergies to them! This is a separate sentence as I have it in caps. Do you need anything else? I have tried looking up anything tha ...

Medical Coding And Billing Sites
Oct 07, 2013

Hello out there. Are there any medical coding and billing sites like this one. Any information on websites or where to look would be greatly appreciated. ...

Need To Update Resume -- Any Good Sites
May 01, 2014

I need to update my resume. Does anyone know of any internet sites that offer templates that are free or does anyone recommend any sites. ...

Is There A Search Engine That Searches Just Medical Sites?
Feb 23, 2011

I am not sure what's going on of late, but I don't seem to get relevant search results when I use G. I search for a medical word, but get results from sites that have nothing to do with medicine. I end up questioning the credibility of these search results and have to research more. Needless to say, I've been losing money spending so much more time researching words. Sometimes, I just wonder if I could have access to a medical search engine to cut out the non-medical stuff. Anyone ...

Good Sites To Search For Coder Jobs Besides Monster And Careerbuilder?
Mar 07, 2012

Anybody know? ...

Would You Hyphenate "a 3 Year Follow Up" Is Recommended
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...