A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recommended companies (private msg me) - QA/Editor

Posted: Sep 08, 2014

I'm really thinking about jumping ship from MModal.  I've been there for 8 years, being a QA/editor for half that and have been nominated for MT of the year 4 times.  Recently it seems they've put a target on my back and I think I need to get out.  I have been out of the business loop for that time, so I don't know what's out there.  Are there any places you would recommend?  Any you would recommend to stay away from?  I know going to Nuance is from the frying pan into the fire, but they're the only ones I know anything about.  Send me an email if you don't want to message me publically.  Thanks!

Response - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Try ProScript. I think they may be hiring for QA. Have worked MT for them for 3-1/2 years. QA people are full time and most have been with them a long time. I have always found them to be a very good and decent company, which I can't say about very many companies these days.

Similar Messages:

Recommended Job Sites/Companies?
Oct 03, 2014

I'm currently in CareerStep and hoping to be done with my training in the next month or so. I'm trying to get a jump on companies I might want to apply for, and I'm not sure if I'm really getting anywhere. Many of the companies on GlassDoor are geting barely 2 out of 5 stars! CareerStep partners with a bunch of schools as well and I can only get information on about half of them off of Glassdoor. So any recommendations OR companies to stay away from would be great! ...

Do Most Coders Work For Hospitals Or For Private Companies Similar To MTSOs?
Oct 25, 2011

Is there an "MTSO" equivilent for coders or are they usually hired directly by hospitals? ...

Recommended FTP Sites?
Oct 18, 2010

I have been working through a company as an IC and now have an opportunity to gain a local account, but I need an FTP site that I can receive wav files and send reports back, does anyone have any suggestions?  The last time I did local accounts they were still using tapes, LOL! ...

Recommended Some Ear Wax Drops *at TC*???? What Is TC? TIA....
Jan 24, 2011

Ear wax drops at TC? The only thing I could find was temperature control, but does that make sense??   If anyone can help, I appreciate it. ...

We Will Get The Recommended Dose Of S/l DVAPT
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Andrews School Recommended
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone know or can recommend the Andrews School? The cost seems to be high for the course. ...

Is Andrews The ONLY School Recommended??
May 26, 2012

I've read so much on this forum trying to get some good information on which school to go with, and all I can find is Andrews, Andrews, Andrews!  How can it be the only school that anybody seems willing to recommend?  Is the forum just overrun with Andrews students or is it truly the only school that anyone knows of that prepares you for the CCS exam upon graduation?  How can that be?  And believe me, I'm not criticizing the school or anyone for their opinion, I jus ...

Drug Recommended: Ibumetin ?
Oct 26, 2012

I know I'm hearing "Ibumetin" correctly...how often do you hear doctors recommending drugs that aren't offered in the US?  He's a native speaker, and there's no mention of the patient traveling abroad.  Is there some other drug that sounds similar?  His dictation at bottom. http://www.drugs.com/international/ibumetin.html TREATMENT PLAN:  Anti-inflammatories.  Ibumetin would be recommended.  Patient reports she had an episode of a lower GI blee ...

Recommended Online Certification Programs?
Nov 04, 2010

Hello---I am a stay at home mom that is interested in becoming a Medical Transcriptionist. I am looking for any recommendations on an online certification or training program. There are so many out there, and I am leery of being scammed or overpaying or completing a course that is not recognized, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I definitely need it to be online, from home, and would prefer a shorter timeframe. I already have a Bachelor's degree (in an unrelated field ...

Anyone At Accentus Have A Slower Upload Speed Than Recommended?
May 04, 2012

I can't get a 1.5 MB speed without a major expense, and I'm worried this will slow me down. Thanks for your help :) ...

Private Mail
Apr 13, 2014

Anyone know what private mail means?  There is a request to download something to get it.  No way!  I am posting only.  Will never answer any email from this site.  Did that once, never again.  The person (management??) bugged me forever, asking questions. ...

Appropriate Pay For Private Jobs?
Oct 14, 2014

I currently work for a national company doing acute care, both traditional and ASR jobs.  I have work, but it doesn't pay enough to support a family.  I've been approached about doing some jobs for a doc's group, which could turn into something. I have no idea what to charge them; however, I know they won't be getting any sort of insurance reimbursement or bundling for the transcription service, so it cuts out the middle man.  I don't want to short mysel ...

Private Email Question
Sep 09, 2010

If you receive an email from someone on this site, is it safe to respond to their email or could it be a scam?  I am new to this and don't want to take any chances.  They told me to shoot them an email and they would tell me about a company I was discussing with someone else on here.  Please advise!  ...

Private Disability Insurance
Sep 27, 2011

Any MTs out there that pay out of pocket for short- and/or long-term disability insurance? I am thinking of doing it and wondered now much the premiums would be?  I want to continue to be an IC and want to see if this is affordable.  Thanks. Chloe ...

MTSOs Vs. Hospitals/Private Practice?
Dec 03, 2010

I've worked for several MT companies over the years just to end up going to another MT company for better pay, benefits, etc. Seems like a never-ending cycle. Anyone here ever worked from home directly with a hospital or private practice? Thanks for any response! ...

Looking For Info On Private Insurance Policies.
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

MQ Delisted From NYSE, CBay Gone Private
Jan 17, 2012

My husband and I stay up on the stock market and I have been watching MQ and Cbay for about a year.   I just noticed today that they have been delisted and gone to pink sheet which means their stock consistently fell below the $5.00 mark.  Just a year ago it was $16.  Also, CBay has gone private and claims it is an American Company.  It is not, it is now privately owned by an Indian company doing business with corporate offices in London.  I don't know what thi ...

? About Working For A Private Doctor's Office
Apr 15, 2012

I saw an opening for a medical transcriptionist for a private doctor's office in my town.  I wonder, if any of you work in a private office--won't all medical practices be going to some sort of EMR in the coming year?  This ad didn't say anything at all about EMR, but I'm kind of assuming that they'll be switching to it if they haven't already.   I've only done MT in an acute-care hospital setting, so I also wonder if a lot of smaller doctor ...

Is It Improper For Management To Send Private Email
May 30, 2013

to an employee who is seeking input from peers regarding a work related situation?  The email was obviously only sent to initimidate the employee. Nothing helpful or anything of that nature.  Just a note to let them know they had been spotted on this thread.  I think it's kind of creepy and not very professional, but then how would any of you feel?  This was not a simple reply to a post, it was sent through the private email link on the post ...

If You Work For A Private Practice Oncology Office
Nov 25, 2014

When I did MT, I worked for an oncology office.  Perhaps those may be dwindling like the MT career... ...

Anyone Know Why Semi-private Hospital Rooms Are Still Allowed Under HIPAA?
Oct 06, 2010

I work for one of the big MTSOs, take annual HIPAA training, and know I am subject to fines or discharge for disclosing someone else̢۪s medical info, either intentionally or accidentally such as via an incorrect C/C. I am therefore baffled as to why hospitals are still allowed to put patients in semiprivate rooms where HIPAA rules just seem to go out the window. For example, just yesterday I returned from a 23-hour overnight after an outpatient procedure at a well-regarded acute-care hos ...

Does Anyone Work For A Small Company That Handles Private Practice?
Sep 04, 2014

I am looking for a smaller company that needs help with private practice transcription.  Does anybody know of one that needs help?  I can't find anything when I search.  I am currently going part-time at a large company to get them off of my back about how long I am glued to the keyboard and foot pedal and how much work I do per hour.  I have over 14 years of experience and I am good at what I do.  I want to work for a company that will appreciate that and not hound ...

EMR Question - Why Can't The Reports I Type For My Private Account Be Scanned Into A Computer?
Jan 28, 2012

This may have been asked and answered previously but I am going to lose my long-term account because of EMR in about 2 years and I am not going down without a fight. Why can't I type their transcription as usual, then the reports can be scanned into the computer/EMR? Any information would be greatly appreciated....thanks! ...

Caution, Using The Private Email Function On This Board Allows A Traceable Path
Dec 05, 2014

...and Nuance HAS used this method for tracing negative comments and it resulted in folks being fired.  Remember, anyone can represent themselves as anyone on the public board and request, "please email privately," but I would never ever do this! I try to remember to post this every so often for anynone not already aware.     ...

Would You Hyphenate "a 3 Year Follow Up" Is Recommended
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Whoever Recommended That "Boostaroo" Thingamabob--THANK YOU!
Jul 02, 2012

I ordered it last week from Amazon, received it today, and put it to use just a few minutes ago for a dictator who didn't want to speak into the mic.  What a difference!  It amplified the volume so much so that I had to put my volume on the lowest setting and it came in beautifully!  Sad that we have to destroy our ears like this, but so much better than cranking the volume and still having a report full of holes. Thank you again for the wonderful recommendation!  ...

"Private Medical Transcriptionist" On Another Help Wanted Board Is A Scam
Feb 26, 2014

Same tip-offs as all the others (don't want to give too much away or those shysters will know to change it).   Just FYI.   ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

Which Companies Use
Oct 11, 2009

Escription or ExEditor VR?  TIA! ...

What Is With These Companies?
Dec 30, 2009

Can anyone answer me why is it that these MT companies hire you and they all promise you the sun, moon and stars.  Oh we have TONS of work. We guarantee you at least 11 accounts and 2,500 lines a day. Then you are sitting there 6 months later, waiting for jobs? I have experienced this many times. Can it be that its just bad management and they overhire? Does anyone know of a company that really does have TONS of work? I know this is the slow time of year, but many times its happened at othe ...