A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone else notice computer seems to run slower as the day goes on - tootsie

Posted: Nov 23, 2013

I have to reboot at least once a day because of this. Will anything speed it up? Thanks!

Slow computer - Sarah

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, mine does that too. I was told by the tech that the only way to clear the problem is to reboot computer (as you are doing). Other people have written in with other suggestions that are presumably not as time consuming as rebooting, but I could not figure out how to accomplish what they were saying. I just reboot halfway through my shift.

slow computer - tootsie

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!

check your task manager - much quicker than rebooting

[ In Reply To ..]
I keep the task manager open all the time. When my PC starts running slowly, as it often does because it's kind of a dinosaur, I look and see what's using all the CPU. Usually it's IE. IE might be using 500,000 to 900,000K (that's a lot). So I just shut it down, and reopen it. The other thing that often uses a lot of memory is Symantec. I can always tell when it's trying to update because my computer will run very slow. I look in task manager and see things like LUProxy, LUCallback. That's Symantec. I just highlight those entries and click end process. It's never caused any problems.

Fluency uses more RAM the longer it is open - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had this problem on the MModal computer and thought it was due to inadequate RAM and would see that Fluency would use more the longer it was open and to fix it I would use task manager and end DQS which worked every time. When I switched to my own computer since MModal felt that half the RAM specified does not warrant a replacement, I kept having the same problem which was odd since my own computer has 4x as much RAM and processing speed as needed.

Anyway, I started fiddling with things and found that turning off the spell check as you go completely fixes the problem and I haven't had it slow down since.

As others have said, you can go in task manager and close unnecessary things running if what I said doesn't help. Most notably your virus scanner, unfortunately.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Notice At Certain Times The Down And Uploading Seems Slower.
Apr 22, 2015

nm ...

Docuscribe 7 - Computer Is Slower, Browsers Are Strange
Jul 26, 2012

Ever since they started getting ready to put our group on this the computer is slower, browsers are strange. Anyone else having a problem?  I had messenger but it messed up too.  It is so frustrating! ...

Could The ADT Be Any SLOWER??
Aug 09, 2010

Please wait! getting data!! My line count is in the toilet because of these HELPER accounts anyway.  I may as well go CLEAN toilets at Walmart.  Happy Monday!! ...

Why I Am Slower On ASR
Feb 18, 2011

When I transcribe, I am on autopilot.  My brain hears the transcription and I type it.  I am listening to the next words while typing the previous ones.  When I edit ASR, it takes more concentration to correct the text.  Correcting to what the doctor actually says is far more time consuming for me than straight typing which my hands do almost automatically.  I honestly think I type faster than I edit.  If the ASR on my account was not absolutely awful, I might could ...

System Slower Than Ever
Feb 19, 2015

I have to reboot 2 times a day now. Anyone else?  This is ridiculous! ...

Fluency Get Slower Than Usual For Anybody Else?
Jul 10, 2013

it's been downloading a job for about 5 minutes now.  Rebooted with same results.  Did a speed test and am still downloading everything else fine.  Just Fluency server it seems. ...

DSG People, Is Work Slower Than Usual?
Oct 20, 2011

I can't remember, is this our usual "slow time", or do you think there is another reason we have so little work right now?  This 2-4 hours a day of work is going to suck on the paycheck. ...

Anyone At Accentus Have A Slower Upload Speed Than Recommended?
May 04, 2012

I can't get a 1.5 MB speed without a major expense, and I'm worried this will slow me down. Thanks for your help :) ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Anyone Notice This Lately
May 19, 2010

In almost every ASR report lately, there have been gross errors in the dosages of medications.  In 1 report today, it had Colace 70 mg when the dictator clearly said 100 mg.  Then in another report, it had Protonix 3 mg daily when the dictator said 40 mg daily.  Watch your dosages closely!!!!  Something is up! ...

Anybody Notice This With 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

remember the system used to automatically capitalize the first letter as you were typing..i.e. after a period (.) etc. well, it is no longer doing this....wonder why? wonder if there is a way to get it to do this as I found this to be a time saver...   ....upgrade?   things are seeming to take longer to me ??? ...

Did Anyone Else Notice This On 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

For some reason I keep thinking they covered this on the tutorial...but I'm a shift and don't have time to figure it out.  When I did the spell check at the end (which took an exceptionally long time), it appeared all my text turned BLUE (liike it does when you highlight) and then disappeared! I didn't just lose my stuff, did I?Also so far, I don't see a big change in the headings. I'm typing them like normal.  And I couldn't remember the new numbering sy ...

NOTICE: Regarding Job Ads -- SM
Jun 15, 2011

Posters, MTStars has a a few requirements for the job ads that are placed on our Job Seeker's board.  These are in place to provide a minimum of information for you (company name, city and state of business and a visible email address) to do your research on before applying.  We also have a minimum pay that can be posted (5 cpl for transcription and 3 cpl for editing, QA, etc.). You can see all of the ad requirements by reviewing the sticky note at the top of the Job Seeker' ...

Anybody Ever Notice
Dec 18, 2011

That sometimes when you complete a job, the next job in the que downloads but then the second job that is supposed to come up in your que takes forever to show up? I sometimes think it has to take a minute to search for the very worst job to send me. ...

Anyone Else Notice That ASR Is A Lot Better
Jul 30, 2012

Easier to send to India this way..just saying. ...

Does Anyone Know If Notice Is Given If
Nov 07, 2012

we are locked out immediately?  ...

You Ever Notice
Nov 21, 2012

in these few posts below that as they go on and you ask more questions, the OP reveals more and more about themselves and they give inconsistent answers and you can tell they really don't work for MM? I think some of these posts are made up. Changing the NJA policy for T-day? Letter of appreciation? Just trying to stir the pot and unfortunately too many people fall for it. Does anybody really believe a CCM sent an email telling us to check every 30 minutes tomorrow? That goes against ...

Job Notice
Apr 29, 2014

Work for a company for over a year, they switch accounts without notice. Is it common to just quit and move to another job, or is it always best to give a notice? I am not sure I owe them one at this point and need to consider my needs. ...

TLs And Notice
Dec 24, 2014

Yesterday, my TSM sent out an e-mail notifying us that in January, the team leads will be transitioning to other positions as that job description is being done away with.  All I can say is I sure hope they had more warning and that it was not a surprise.  The TSM also asked for patience with her as she assumes their duties.  I wanted to laugh as I have not been overall impressed with the duties she was already performing. ...

AP-ers: Anyone Else Notice...
Jun 22, 2015

... a lower rate of holiday pay on their most recent pay stub?  We're now supposedly being paid by the DOL wage determination rate based on where the facility is located. I volunteered to work on one of the new facilities until they got caught up.  The WDR for this facility is considerably less than the other facility I work on. I noticed that the holiday pay was according to the rate for the lower-wage facility that I agreed to temporarily work on.  ...

Laid Off, No Notice
Nov 19, 2009

I just got laid off from Proscript in an email, I think this was very cold, no warning, no 2 weeks notice, nothing......I have worked for them since 2005, this is just wrong..... ...

? About Two Weeks Notice
Mar 02, 2010

What if I don't give a 2 week notice?  Is it really gonna hurt me?  I doubt they give detailed information about what kind of employee you were.  Maybe just dates.  I have been with this company since the mid 90s and I hate to just up and leave like that, but I don't know if I can take it another day.  Every week its something new.  My pay is down to almost nothing.  With the type of reports I get, there is no way I'm making 5% and living with my ...

Leaving MQ 2 W/o Notice What Can They Do?
Mar 21, 2010

Does anyone know if MQ can take some of your check that is due to arrive, already approved, if we suddenly just quit and leave?  What can they do if we don't give a 15-30 day notice?????  How soon do they want their old computer back?  Any information about leaving without notice is really appreciated!!!!  ...

10 Years And No Notice
Mar 22, 2010

Got a call from the insurance girl at the doctor's office today.  Seems they've hired an in-house gal and are not needing my services after ten years.  I look back on all the missed vacations I never took.  Don't make my mistake.  No notice and my salary was approximately $36,000 a year.  I've been thrown to the sharks.  If any one needs a rheumatology gal, let me know.  My cable folks are turning me off, plus my phone, plus any other thing ...

Quit Without Notice
Apr 10, 2010

I quit without notice.  I think if a company is professional and treat you as a professional they deserve the courtesy of notice.  However, I worked for a company where management and supervision would answer e-mail questions with "your question or message has been assigned a number.  Please refer to this number in future correspondence regarding this.  My GAWD.  Give me a break!  When I got an e-mail after I told them I was out of there asking me if I was ...

Exactly Why I Gave No Notice
Apr 25, 2010

I read the post below from the MDI/Transcend MT who is struggling with BeyondTXT.  When I was informed last week that this platform was going to be installed on my computer in a day or so and then training would take place for God knows how long, I  hung up during the conference call and immediately resigned.  I had started another job, which I was going to give a trial period before leaving Transcend, but I realized that taking the time and effort to learn this unfriendly user pl ...

Turned In My Notice
Aug 18, 2010

I finally turned in my notice. I actually starting leaving abt 4 mos ago.  Took a PT gig w/another company and just love it. I had gotten to the point that I hated to come to work. I found that I did not hate my job I hated the company that I worked for. My husband told me to stop complaining and find something else and I did.  I went fulltime w/this company and am already making $4/hour more than I was at MQ and get this doing ASR....I hated ASR w/MQ. This companies system is so ...

Webmedx Notice
Sep 17, 2010

Has anyone ever given webmedx a 2 week notice?  Do they actually allow you to follow through with the 2 week notice or do they cut you off as soon as you send in your notice?  Thanks! ...