A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

drug recommended: Ibumetin ? - tb

Posted: Oct 26, 2012

I know I'm hearing "Ibumetin" correctly...how often do you hear doctors recommending drugs that aren't offered in the US?  He's a native speaker, and there's no mention of the patient traveling abroad.  Is there some other drug that sounds similar?  His dictation at bottom.

http://www.drugs.com/international/ibumetin.html

TREATMENT PLAN:  Anti-inflammatories.  Ibumetin would be recommended.  Patient reports she had an episode of a lower GI bleed in April and was told not to use Ibumetin, therefore, this recommendation is suspended.

Ibuprofen? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

so should I change to ibuprofen even though I'm clearly hearing "Ibumetin"? - tb

[ In Reply To ..]
I know Ibumetin=ibuprofen, but this dr is speaking very clearly and has no accent.

Leave "as is" and flag?

No, in this case leave a blank...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
How do you know ibumetin=ibuprofen? That was only a guess by the previous poster. If you can't reference a legitimate drug called Ibumetin, then you must leave a blank and flag to QA.

Ibumetin - greyhound mom

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a drug Ibumetin. Sold in the Baltic states, Scandinavia, and Austria. I found it on Google.

If Ibumetin is the European ibuprofen...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and that's what the doc said then put it. Is either the doc or the patient from that part of the world? Maybe the patient moved here from Europe and brought it with him.

nabumetone? - annie

[ In Reply To ..]
Just a guess.

might be nabumetone - tb

[ In Reply To ..]
The more I'm doing this provider, I'm finding he's severely mispronouncing some drug names. Nabumetone makes sense. Thanks everyone for their input.

Similar Messages:

Recommended FTP Sites?
Oct 18, 2010

I have been working through a company as an IC and now have an opportunity to gain a local account, but I need an FTP site that I can receive wav files and send reports back, does anyone have any suggestions?  The last time I did local accounts they were still using tapes, LOL! ...

Recommended Some Ear Wax Drops *at TC*???? What Is TC? TIA....
Jan 24, 2011

Ear wax drops at TC? The only thing I could find was temperature control, but does that make sense??   If anyone can help, I appreciate it. ...

We Will Get The Recommended Dose Of S/l DVAPT
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Andrews School Recommended
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone know or can recommend the Andrews School? The cost seems to be high for the course. ...

Is Andrews The ONLY School Recommended??
May 26, 2012

I've read so much on this forum trying to get some good information on which school to go with, and all I can find is Andrews, Andrews, Andrews!  How can it be the only school that anybody seems willing to recommend?  Is the forum just overrun with Andrews students or is it truly the only school that anyone knows of that prepares you for the CCS exam upon graduation?  How can that be?  And believe me, I'm not criticizing the school or anyone for their opinion, I jus ...

Recommended Companies (private Msg Me)
Sep 08, 2014

I'm really thinking about jumping ship from MModal.  I've been there for 8 years, being a QA/editor for half that and have been nominated for MT of the year 4 times.  Recently it seems they've put a target on my back and I think I need to get out.  I have been out of the business loop for that time, so I don't know what's out there.  Are there any places you would recommend?  Any you would recommend to stay away from?  I know going to Nuance ...

Recommended Job Sites/Companies?
Oct 03, 2014

I'm currently in CareerStep and hoping to be done with my training in the next month or so. I'm trying to get a jump on companies I might want to apply for, and I'm not sure if I'm really getting anywhere. Many of the companies on GlassDoor are geting barely 2 out of 5 stars! CareerStep partners with a bunch of schools as well and I can only get information on about half of them off of Glassdoor. So any recommendations OR companies to stay away from would be great! ...

Recommended Online Certification Programs?
Nov 04, 2010

Hello---I am a stay at home mom that is interested in becoming a Medical Transcriptionist. I am looking for any recommendations on an online certification or training program. There are so many out there, and I am leery of being scammed or overpaying or completing a course that is not recognized, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I definitely need it to be online, from home, and would prefer a shorter timeframe. I already have a Bachelor's degree (in an unrelated field ...

Anyone At Accentus Have A Slower Upload Speed Than Recommended?
May 04, 2012

I can't get a 1.5 MB speed without a major expense, and I'm worried this will slow me down. Thanks for your help :) ...

Would You Hyphenate "a 3 Year Follow Up" Is Recommended
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/L *Absion Or Apsion*? It Is In The Drug List...
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

Whoever Recommended That "Boostaroo" Thingamabob--THANK YOU!
Jul 02, 2012

I ordered it last week from Amazon, received it today, and put it to use just a few minutes ago for a dictator who didn't want to speak into the mic.  What a difference!  It amplified the volume so much so that I had to put my volume on the lowest setting and it came in beautifully!  Sad that we have to destroy our ears like this, but so much better than cranking the volume and still having a report full of holes. Thank you again for the wonderful recommendation!  ...

Drug S/l Ah Pos
Oct 14, 2009

I am looking for a drug that s/l ah pos.  I found APO, but that is usually for Parkinson's which the pt does not have.  He does have CAD, CHF, t2 diabetes, hypothyroidism, hypercholesterolemia, PVD, MI, pneumonia.  Any ideas?  ...

Drug Name Help?
Nov 06, 2009

Three drug names...   She takes medication including Naprosyn and butalapap without any codeine. She was taking Aleve over the counter as needed and using her Leoprime loosely. The last one is just listen in medications taken,.. Utotalac ... he says it like U-total-lac. ...

Drug Help Please!
Jan 05, 2010

In the ER, patient with asthma had s/l "serol," albuterol, Atrovent nebulized treatments. TIA!! ...

Drug Help Please . . .
Jan 07, 2010

Sounds like "Hyoxymin"  I cannot find a thing.  Any clues? ...

Drug Help
Feb 20, 2010

S/l "soderal"  14 mg before dialysis.  I checked sotalol and thats not it.  Any ideas?? ...

Drug Help - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

s/l Cindamin capsules 30's 100 mg one daily.  Patient has a history of DM, vulvular cancer, heart disease, chronic headaches, glaucoma, blindness, chronic bronchitis, heart murmur, history of heart attack, hepatitis and anemia.  My first thought is cinnamon.   ...

Drug Help - S/l Or-an-kis
Apr 19, 2010

Patient has past medical history of allergies, tinnitus, Frey's syndrome, hypothyroidism, mitral valve prolapse, SVT, Raynaud's, scoliosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and chronic low back pain.  Thanks for any help. ...

Name Of Drug
May 17, 2010

Anyone familiar with what s/l Hymox, Hiamox, Himox, etc. etc.  I thought the doc was dictating an antibiotic - then later s/l he said to use it p.r.n.- so not clear.  At any rate, the sound of it was clear as I put above.  Any help much appreciated. ...

Need Help With A Drug Name.
Jun 27, 2010

I have looked for this drug all over the place online and I can't find anything that even comes close to it.  This patient was admitted to the ICU for hyperkalemia and was put on an insulin-glucose infusion as well as Lasix to bring his potassium down.  Then the doctor adds that he was also placed on s/l "kxlyte" to further help control it.  He says that word twice and it sounds the same both times.  Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Drug Name Help.
Aug 03, 2010

I'm stuck on a medication for a patient that has Raynaud's, polymyalgia rheumatica, osteoarthritis, cataracts, and anxiety.  It sounds like the doctor is saying "Circulair" or "Circular" 50 mg daily.  The patient is also on prednisone, Imitrex, and Ambien.  Does anyone have any ideas?  It doesn't sound like Singulair. ...

Drug S/l Cor-pan-o-lol 10 Mg. Does Not Say What It's Used For.
Aug 16, 2010

x ...

Drug Name Help/ty, But Not It
Aug 21, 2010

Avapro good answer but I don't think that is it. It s/l "SR" or effor. I am beginning to think there is an error skip or something. I am going to have to leave it blank. ...

Drug Name Help Please.
Aug 29, 2010

She does have a history of Sjören’s disease for which she has been under treatment for a number of years.  She takes ___.  s/l flack-lo- nil or plack-lo-nil   Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

S/l M-tek (drug)
Sep 13, 2010

managing her pain and symptoms, and she suffers minimal side-effects from these. She takes the occasional M-tek, but is not taking them regularly, although she has needed to use them more frequently over the last month.     ...

This Is A Drug
Sep 17, 2010

You got anything??? Psych was consulted and the patient  Lortab, Morphine, and S/L sentigran we S/L dc.  Thanks ...

HRT Drug Name
Sep 25, 2010

History of (S/L ...lactic) hormone replacement therapy.  (First couple of letters were cut-off in dictation.) Thanks in advance. ...

Drug S/l Lo Pat Nib Sm
Oct 28, 2010

1.       Clonazepam p.r.n.  2.       Dilaudid p.r.n. 3.       "Lopatnib". 4.       Lorazepam. 5.       Marinol. 6.       Naproxen. 7.       Xeloda. 8.       Zofran p.r.n. ...

Help With A Drug Please?
Jan 24, 2011

Doctor states:  Celebrex and naccar helps take the edge off her pain.  She spelled out N-A-C-C-A-R or M-A-C-C-A-R, but I can't find either.  Does anyone know what this drug might be?  Thanks! ...