A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recommended FTP Sites? - excited for new prospect

Posted: Oct 18, 2010

I have been working through a company as an IC and now have an opportunity to gain a local account, but I need an FTP site that I can receive wav files and send reports back, does anyone have any suggestions?  The last time I did local accounts they were still using tapes, LOL!

I use MyDocsOnline... - Diana

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been using them for the past four years and have been thrilled with the quality of the customer service and the pricing. They offer a trial period for you to check them out, as well as detailed instructions.

which plan do you use? - excited

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks for the feedback, I was looking at the site. For one doc, do you think the personal plan, 5 gb would be enough?
Thank you

I have a 500 MB account... - Diana

[ In Reply To ..]
...with five users. There's a page that you can calculate how many users you need and what the charge will be. They charge you quarterly. You can change your plan, add, subtract, at any time. They're really good to talk to. Might be a good idea to give them a call and tell them what you need. I'm sure they can suggest a plan for you.

I use FileZilla, have been using it for the last year or so (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and have had no problems with it whatsoever. I am able to download and upload documents and wav files very quickly. Best thing about it, it is FREE. :)

Good luck!

host? - excited

[ In Reply To ..]
I was checking this out, so do you use a seperate host to log in to?

Similar Messages:

Recommended Job Sites/Companies?
Oct 03, 2014

I'm currently in CareerStep and hoping to be done with my training in the next month or so. I'm trying to get a jump on companies I might want to apply for, and I'm not sure if I'm really getting anywhere. Many of the companies on GlassDoor are geting barely 2 out of 5 stars! CareerStep partners with a bunch of schools as well and I can only get information on about half of them off of Glassdoor. So any recommendations OR companies to stay away from would be great! ...

Recommended Some Ear Wax Drops *at TC*???? What Is TC? TIA....
Jan 24, 2011

Ear wax drops at TC? The only thing I could find was temperature control, but does that make sense??   If anyone can help, I appreciate it. ...

We Will Get The Recommended Dose Of S/l DVAPT
Oct 13, 2010

x ...

Andrews School Recommended
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone know or can recommend the Andrews School? The cost seems to be high for the course. ...

Is Andrews The ONLY School Recommended??
May 26, 2012

I've read so much on this forum trying to get some good information on which school to go with, and all I can find is Andrews, Andrews, Andrews!  How can it be the only school that anybody seems willing to recommend?  Is the forum just overrun with Andrews students or is it truly the only school that anyone knows of that prepares you for the CCS exam upon graduation?  How can that be?  And believe me, I'm not criticizing the school or anyone for their opinion, I jus ...

Drug Recommended: Ibumetin ?
Oct 26, 2012

I know I'm hearing "Ibumetin" correctly...how often do you hear doctors recommending drugs that aren't offered in the US?  He's a native speaker, and there's no mention of the patient traveling abroad.  Is there some other drug that sounds similar?  His dictation at bottom. http://www.drugs.com/international/ibumetin.html TREATMENT PLAN:  Anti-inflammatories.  Ibumetin would be recommended.  Patient reports she had an episode of a lower GI blee ...

Recommended Companies (private Msg Me)
Sep 08, 2014

I'm really thinking about jumping ship from MModal.  I've been there for 8 years, being a QA/editor for half that and have been nominated for MT of the year 4 times.  Recently it seems they've put a target on my back and I think I need to get out.  I have been out of the business loop for that time, so I don't know what's out there.  Are there any places you would recommend?  Any you would recommend to stay away from?  I know going to Nuance ...

Recommended Online Certification Programs?
Nov 04, 2010

Hello---I am a stay at home mom that is interested in becoming a Medical Transcriptionist. I am looking for any recommendations on an online certification or training program. There are so many out there, and I am leery of being scammed or overpaying or completing a course that is not recognized, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I definitely need it to be online, from home, and would prefer a shorter timeframe. I already have a Bachelor's degree (in an unrelated field ...

Anyone At Accentus Have A Slower Upload Speed Than Recommended?
May 04, 2012

I can't get a 1.5 MB speed without a major expense, and I'm worried this will slow me down. Thanks for your help :) ...

OB/GYN Sites
May 18, 2010

Good morning all! I'm starting a new account which is an OB/GYN clinic and also will entail a good deal of prenatal anomalies and investigations as well. Does anyone here have any particular favorite websites they use as an informative guide for terms, abbreviations, etc., related to this field?  If so, would you be so kind as to share any links? Thanks so much in advance for any valuable information you're willing to share. Have a great Tuesday! ...

Laboratory Web Sites
Oct 12, 2009

Can someone help me with puting laboratory values in the right order? Or maybe a web site that is helpful. Thank you ...

Pathology Sites
Jun 10, 2011

I just switched over to typing pathology reports, are there any good sites that you recommend to help with learning some of the words and phrases.    ...

MT Dictation Practice Sites
Nov 16, 2009

Thanks for all the useful comments and equiptment tips. I am waiting for my internship.   Want to keep my skills sharp. What on-line sites would you all recommend for daily MT dictation pracrtice? I am currently redoing over and over my course materials. Also what does one do to improve on grammar and punctuation skills? Thanks. from Vermont, Diane     ...

Laboratory Data Web Sites
Dec 11, 2009

I seem to be having a problem with getting the lab data in the right sentence structure can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank you in advance. ...

Due Diligence: Should I Get Into The MT Biz? Which Are The BEST Training Sites?
Feb 09, 2012

There are SOOO MANY conflicting opinions on the MT profession, and SOOOO MANY options for training - the more I know, the more confused I seem to be. A "training program" or an "accredited school"?  Independent contractor or employee?  Doctor's office or national transcription company? I attended a very informative one-day class on the MT industry.  MT is a field that I have been interested in knowing more about but have not had the time to look into.  Now, I am unempl ...

Sites For Dental/OMFS
May 08, 2012

Does anyone know of sites for dental/maxillofacial procedures or terms? ...

Transcend/Nuance Web Sites Down?
May 21, 2012

Can't get into beyond text or the MLS site.  Any problems known? ...

Job Sites And Incomplete Information
Mar 01, 2013

Does anyone else on this board have an issue with companies not posting all of the information needed for people to apply? On a different board I found a job that I was interested in that  and I wanted to apply for it but some of the information ( i.e. years of experience, types of programs used etc) were not there. Should I stay away from companies that do this? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Into Other Sites That The Jobs Available Do
Jan 27, 2014

not come up and says you can access the server. ...

MTTest Testing Sites
Dec 09, 2014

It has been my experience that any time a company requests that you go to their testing site to complete a test, it seems to be a waste of time in screening candidates.  The audio files are extremely hard to hear and half the time the audio skips.  There should be a better way to screen applicants than by using these testing sites.  It is a no-win situation.  You spend two hours doing their screening and trying to transcribe reports that are not the work type that they are ev ...

OOW - Switched To Garden Sites
Feb 12, 2015

We ran out of TAT last week and I guess our supervisor missed out on some bonus because of it.  Tightening down on schedules/hours/procedures for not showing up for work or showing up late were reiterated to us. Guess some took it seriously cause now the work is slim. Had been getting stressed with having to flex or use up PTO, today I spent the last hour on gardening web sites and looking through seed catalogs.  Feel relaxed now and ready to prepare a little lunch and then check back ...

Hope This In Right Place - Our Most Helpful Web Sites
Dec 20, 2009

I was thinking of something the other day:  We all have our favorite web sites which we have found on our own, whether it be for surgical web sites, chemo drugs, bacterial finder, orthopedic test words, neuro words, etc.  How about we post said web sites here with a short description as to what they are for.  It would be a good way to help each other out Anyone agree? Thanks! ...

Web Sites For Partial Names Of Medications
May 14, 2010

Does anyone have a good website where if you can only make out part of the name of a drug it will research everthing with that part.  I used to have one ages ago that all it needed was at least 3 letters, but have since lost it. Now a year or so later I am trying to find it again.   Any help is appreicated. ...

Radiology Good Reference Sites
Apr 07, 2011

I am SO excited.  I just received a call from a local hospital for an interview tomorrow for an full-time inhouse transcriptionist radiology position.  I am not sure yet if they pay by the line or the hour; I hope it is hourly then I would know exactly what my pay will be instead of by the line since  you never know from one pay period to the next how muych it will be.  Believe me, this is rare as I live in the middle of nowhere and 3 hospitals that are within driving distanc ...

Good Drug Research Sites?
Apr 27, 2012

Hi all. I'm wondering what sites are your favorite for drug researching? The main issue right now is a sentence that has me wondering. It says: "The patient has no known allergy for the s/l listed." I've never heard it put that way before. He must be talking about the meds the patient usually takes, but, if he's been taking them, of course he has no allergies to them! This is a separate sentence as I have it in caps. Do you need anything else? I have tried looking up anything tha ...

Medical Coding And Billing Sites
Oct 07, 2013

Hello out there. Are there any medical coding and billing sites like this one. Any information on websites or where to look would be greatly appreciated. ...

Need To Update Resume -- Any Good Sites
May 01, 2014

I need to update my resume. Does anyone know of any internet sites that offer templates that are free or does anyone recommend any sites. ...

Is There A Search Engine That Searches Just Medical Sites?
Feb 23, 2011

I am not sure what's going on of late, but I don't seem to get relevant search results when I use G. I search for a medical word, but get results from sites that have nothing to do with medicine. I end up questioning the credibility of these search results and have to research more. Needless to say, I've been losing money spending so much more time researching words. Sometimes, I just wonder if I could have access to a medical search engine to cut out the non-medical stuff. Anyone ...

Good Sites To Search For Coder Jobs Besides Monster And Careerbuilder?
Mar 07, 2012

Anybody know? ...

Would You Hyphenate "a 3 Year Follow Up" Is Recommended
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...