Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 33)

I'm about to do the same - SM

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2023 - 12:07 pm In Reply to: Took the plunge. After 32 years, I retired from - medical transcription. There

I've been doing MT full-time for 21 years and it's just not the same anymore. The availability of jobs is extremely slim and the pay is in the toilet compared to what it was 10+ years ago. I actually have an interview next week for a medical records technician position with a local healthcare organization that pays well and has excellent benefits. It's a Monday-Friday position, great hourly pay, regular cost of living increases, and every weekend and major holiday off (with paid holidays). I'd have to train in-house for a period of time, but then I'll be able to work remotely from home. I need out of MT ASAP. It's just not profitable for me any longer and I am reaching the point of extreme burnout.

PS: I also worked for World Wide Dictation for almost 3 years and quit about 8 months ago. I have another MT job, but there has been a huge lack of work lately. It's time to pursue something else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)