Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To Great Post - Me too

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2023 - 2:23 pm In Reply to: Great Post, Thanks - see msg

I felt I was forced to finally get out, no money to be made, horrible companies with high demands, I hated the 1099 crap at tax time, even though I deducted on a regular basis and realized I was still shortchanging myself.

I got out at 71 and found a job as a receptionist and never looked back. That was 5 years ago and I am still there on a part time basis. I have recently hired on as a caretaker for a good company with good pay and flexible hours to suit my schedule. I don't know how long I will keep working, but will keep at it until I can't.

I never shed a tear over leaving that thankless job, and my biggest regret is that I didn't do it 20 years ago, when the bottom started to fall out.

All the best to everyone, no matter what your situation is, but it is up to all of us to take charge of our life the best we can.

I tried and I tried, only to realize it was a waste of my time and energy. Again, I am so sorry I didn't see the light sooner and kept trying to justify the benefits of "working at home," which to me are nothing. It is good for me to get out in the world and meet new people and learn new things instead of struggling with some ESL doctor and doing more and more work for these slave driving companies. I hope they all burn, they deserve nothing less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)